PDA

View Full Version : Richard Quinn waived, likely headed to injured reserve

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
The Broncos announced Monday that third-year tight end Richard Quinn has been waived with a knee injury.

It Quinn clears waivers, he will be placed on the Broncos’ injured reserve list, ending his season.

rest of article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/08/22/richard-quinn-waived-likely-headed-to-injured-reserve/9067/

Northman
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
There is a god.

Tned
08-22-2011, 05:06 PM
There is a god.

Oops there goes two more third round picks... We have, wasted picks... we have, wasted picks.... We had high hopes, for those mopes, but now we have, no hope... No, hope...

Ok, not too good on my rubber tree plant rhyming.

Feel bad for the guy, but it seemed pretty obvious pretty early on that he was a bust in terms of a draft pick.

Broncos-Glory
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Good draft pick McD

Dzone
08-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Another Mcdaniels disaster...

chazoe60
08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
But he is an amazing player. Who was he again?

BroncoStud
08-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, there goes a Super Bowl run... Maybe next year.

Canmore
08-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Oops there goes two more third round picks... We have, wasted picks... we have, wasted picks.... We had high hopes, for those mopes, but now we have, no hope... No, hope...

Feel bad for the guy, but it seemed pretty obvious pretty early on that he was a bust in terms of a draft pick.

Draft picks.

Dreadnought
08-22-2011, 06:21 PM
But he is an amazing player. Who was he again?

Be of good cheer, Chaz. I suspect we will survive without this stiff on the roster. Really we will.

dogfish
08-22-2011, 06:24 PM
but, but! at least one other team reportedly was interested in him in the third, we had to take him there-- not a reach at all! you guys have no idea whether he'll be any good. . .

:coffee:

Dzone
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM
It took Fells about one practice to beat out Dick

atwater27
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Yet another wasted pick, yet another reason we will not be a good team for 2 or 3 years. (and that's if everything goes right.) Thanks again Bowlen and McDaniels!

nevcraw
08-22-2011, 07:05 PM
nice scouting xanders..

chazoe60
08-22-2011, 07:18 PM
I have exactly 0 plays of NFL experience.

Dick Quinn has two full seasons of NFL experience.

Dick and I are tied for exactly 0 positive plays for the Denver Broncos.

In fact, I am more valuable to the Denver Broncos than Dick ever was simply because I never cost them a single draft pick.

Chazoe60=better Denver Bronco than Dick Quinn.

Northman
08-22-2011, 07:27 PM
I have exactly 0 plays of NFL experience.

Dick Quinn has two full seasons of NFL experience.

Dick and I are tied for exactly 0 positive plays for the Denver Broncos.

In fact, I am more valuable to the Denver Broncos than Dick ever was simply because I never cost them a single draft pick.

Chazoe60=better Denver Bronco than Dick Quinn.

Yes, but you dont have a moment like this from your head coach. :lol:

2pPCEXq4mgk

chazoe60
08-22-2011, 07:29 PM

2pPCEXq4mgk

You ever refer to McMongoloid as my head coach again and I will find your ass!

dogfish
08-22-2011, 08:37 PM

2pPCEXq4mgk

good point. . .

chaze - 2, dick - 0

bcbronc
08-22-2011, 09:11 PM
imo some people have overreacted to a 3d round pick not making it. It sucks every time we use a draft pick that doesn't pan out...and it's happened a lot to us over the past while...but I don't see any reason for this pick to get the level of animosity it does.

*hugs Broncos nation*

It's going to be ooookaaaay.

chazoe60
08-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Can we file charges against McD? He murdered an entire franchise, that has to be illegal.

Broncos Mtnman
08-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Mickey will affect this team for years to come.

BroncoWave
08-22-2011, 09:20 PM
imo some people have overreacted to a 3d round pick not making it. It sucks every time we use a draft pick that doesn't pan out...and it's happened a lot to us over the past while...but I don't see any reason for this pick to get the level of animosity it does.

*hugs Broncos nation*

Trying to bring logic and level-headed thinking into a Josh McDaniels discussion is a futile effort on this board.

BeefStew25
08-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Trying to bring logic and level-headed thinking into a Josh McDaniels discussion is a futile effort on this board.

We didn't just sit there and draft him. We moved up for him.

It is just a good case study on McD's ego. Nothing personal to him. Or Dick Quinn.

BroncoWave
08-22-2011, 09:26 PM
We didn't just sit there and draft him. We moved up for him.

It is just a good case study on McD's ego. Nothing personal to him. Or Dick Quinn.

My comment was a general one, not specifically about the selection of Quinn.

Ravage!!!
08-22-2011, 09:35 PM

How would YOU know?

BroncoWave
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
How would YOU know?

Because I can comprehend the written word.

TXBRONC
08-22-2011, 09:44 PM
There is a god.

Hurt or not I thought he was going to get cut.

atwater27
08-22-2011, 09:54 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bcbronc
08-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Hurt or not I thought he was going to get cut.

Ya, the writing was on the wall by the time they added the 5th or 6th new TE to the roster. :lol:

How bad is his knee anyway? Will he only be going on IR if he clears waivers (yay 2nd spot!) Because he was hurt when he got cut, or is the injury something that would have kept him out for a while regardless? And would we still keep his rights for next season when he comes off IR or is he a de facto ufa? Don't matter much as far as Quinn goes, just curious re: new CBA.

atwater27
08-22-2011, 10:04 PM
That McDaniels guy sure got a raw deal, didn't he? I mean, if he just had a season or 2 more, his genius would have blossomed into fruition and we would be perennial Super Bowl contenders. But noooooooo, he had to be yanked out from under the rug by an impatient owner unfairly influenced by the knuckle dragging dumbass fanbase before his slow cooked meal could be revealed...

TXBRONC
08-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Ya, the writing was on the wall by the time they added the 5th or 6th new TE to the roster. :lol:

How bad is his knee anyway? Will he only be going on IR if he clears waivers (yay 2nd spot!) Because he was hurt when he got cut, or is the injury something that would have kept him out for a while regardless? And would we still keep his rights for next season when he comes off IR or is he a de facto ufa? Don't matter much as far as Quinn goes, just curious re: new CBA.

I haven't heard how bad his knee is.

nevcraw
08-22-2011, 10:10 PM

*hugs Broncos nation*

hey huggzy may want to check your little facts before being sooo smugalicous.

they traded 2 3rds to go back into the 2nd round - not quite the throw-a-way you have re-written it to be..

Not mention for a guy who most considered a late roud pick..

Dzone
08-22-2011, 10:11 PM
OK, next guy Mcdaniels to be waived should be Ayers...Im tired of watching him get knocked on his ass..
The guy has been MIA!!!!

Dzone
08-22-2011, 10:13 PM

:salute:
:pound:
Good one!

bcbronc
08-22-2011, 10:24 PM

they traded 2 3rds to go back into the 2nd round - not quite the throw-a-way you have re-written it to be..

Not mention for a guy who most considered a late roud pick..

Lol, no them there's not the "facts". McX gave up two 3rds for 2nd and a 4th...started with two mid round picks, ended with two mid round picks. No big whup.

I personally agree with targeting the guys at the top of your draft board. I don't buy the "he would have been available later" guarantee cuz you just don't know. If he had developed into the next Dan Graham--as his skill set projects to--would anyone be upset we shuffled our draft picks around to get him? Ya, oif course some would be.

Anyways, not looking to defend the pick as it clearly busted. I just don't remember seeing the same level of animosity directed towards the person when the 2nd round bust ws Pierce or Watts or Crowder. :shrugs:

Dzone
08-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Quinn has been a disappointment since he was drafted in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Then head coach Josh McDaniels traded two third-round picks to move back into the second round for the North Carolina tight end.
Hey, I finally figured out how to do a quote on here from another site..cool man:lol:

Dreadnought
08-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Lol, no them there's not the "facts". McX gave up two 3rds for 2nd and a 4th...started with two mid round picks, ended with two mid round picks. No big whup.

I personally agree with targeting the guys at the top of your draft board. I don't buy the "he would have been available later" guarantee cuz you just don't know. If he had developed into the next Dan Graham--as his skill set projects to--would anyone be upset we shuffled our draft picks around to get him? Ya, oif course some would be.

Anyways, not looking to defend the pick as it clearly busted. I just don't remember seeing the same level of animosity directed towards the person when the 2nd round bust ws Pierce or Watts or Crowder. :shrugs:

I think part of it was that we were rock solid at TE with Graham and Scheffler already, and our defensive front seven looked (and still performed) like a carnival sideshow. This idiotic trade, more than any oher, more even than the Cutler trade IMO, cemented the impression that this guy was way the Hell out of his depth. I hated it with a passion then, and RQ's subsequent total flop makes it that much worse

atwater27
08-22-2011, 10:28 PM
If he had developed into the next Dan Graham--as his skill set projects to--would anyone be upset we shuffled our draft picks around to get him? Gee, I guess it's too bad that didn't happen then, huh?

Shanny proved himself in Denver. Joshie proved to be a ******* disaster. Apologize for him at your own risk.

nevcraw
08-22-2011, 10:33 PM

Oh my!! spin the dookie at this one in the loving memory McD-- he used a second on quinn. therefore he waisted a second on the guy who again was considered a late rounder.

DenBronx
08-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Worst coach in history. I'll never forgive the guy...never. It would be worth a night in jail just to get a chance to smash his face.

Canmore
08-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh my!! spin the dookie at this one in the loving memory McD-- he used a second on quinn. therefore he waisted a second on the guy who again was considered a late rounder.

Seems to be a theme.

sneakers
08-22-2011, 10:58 PM
I am pretty sure he will clear waivers.

Medford Bronco
08-22-2011, 11:04 PM

and you are shocked by this :laugh: from the Worst Bronco coach in history since 1977

dogfish
08-22-2011, 11:29 PM

why did we need the next dan graham, when we had. . .

wait for it. . .

dan graham??

:noidea:

it would seem that having a backup blocking TE at the top of your draft board when you're already paying top dollar for one of the best (and have arena league-caliber defensive personnel) would be at least as much an issue as the fact that we traded up for him. . . ;) trading up was just the salt in the wound. . . .

bcbronc
08-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Hey, I finally figured out how to do a quote on here from another site..cool man:lol:

next time, try quoting a site that's accurate. ;)

Steelers receive:

No. 79: OT Kraig Urbik
No. 84: WR Mike Wallace

Broncos receive:

No. 64: TE Richard Quinn
No. 132: G Seth Olsen

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80ff4515&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Obviously only Wallace ended up being worth a darn out of those four (although who knows, maybe Dick gets out from under McDaniels and he ends up being a solid #2 TE) but we were fine at WR then and we're fine now, so not really too big a deal.

Gee, I guess it's too bad that didn't happen then, huh?

ya, too bad to that Dick Quinn is the only draft pick ever not to actually live up to his draft selection. I mean D. Graham was a 1st rounder and cost us an arm and a leg to bring in as a UFA. Sorry, I still say getting Daniel Graham's replacement for essentially a 3rd rounder was a good idea.

but ya, too bad that didn't happen. Damn it all to heck!

Shanny proved himself in Denver. Joshie proved to be a ******* disaster. Apologize for him at your own risk.

I understand why you feel I was bringing Shanny into that post, but I wasn't. I was just giving examples of some recentish 2nd round picks that busted here and didn't get "thank gods" when he got cut.

And I'm not apologizing for Joshie, his actions speak for themselves. But if I was, ooooh not the risk! Don't be mean to me on the internetz just because I don't get childish hate-ons for football peoples. :rolleyes:

he used a second but until he made the deal he didn't have that second. So really, he just used the third he had. Same deal as when people say McDaniels used a 1st to pick A. Smith because he dealt a first. Either you go by the pick you dealt (1st, 3rd) or you go with the round the player was actually selected (2nd, 2nd).

And no, there's no loving memory of McD here...I much prefer defensive, smash mouth football behind a power running game. I'd take Fox over McDaniels ten times out of ten, and was in the "bring in a defensive HC" camp when McDaniels was hired.

But I don't think he's the anti-Tebow either. imo we had a culture in the locker room that needed to be purged, and for all the hatred directed at McDaniels, he certainly purged the locker room with fire. Ya, he's too immature for all the responsibility he was given, butw e were in desperate need of a really shitty season where we could start building from the ground up. The decade of mediocre 8-8 teams that almost made the playoffs might have been exciting to some, but it had gotten old with me.

I've got nothing bad to say about Shanny--I love the man--but as happens to every coach in every sport, his milk had expired and it was time (even overdue) to move on. McDaniels I'm neutral on. I do find it ironic all these posters who hate McDaniels for having the worst record in franchise history are now saying "go with Tebow, even if it means a 4 win season. But bottom line imo for McDaniels, two years simply isn't enough time to rebuild a team, especially when your second year is as injury plagued as last year was. C'est le vie as they say, don't miss him but don't hate him either.

Hopefully EFX can get this team back to being a perennial contender. It's just too bad Dick Quinn won't be along for the ride when it happens.

bcbronc
08-22-2011, 11:59 PM
why did we need the next dan graham, when we had. . .

wait for it. . .

dan graham??

:noidea:

it would seem that having a backup blocking TE at the top of your draft board when you're already paying top dollar for one of the best (and have arena league-caliber defensive personnel) would be at least as much an issue as the fact that we traded up for him. . . ;) trading up was just the salt in the wound. . . .

come on dog, I know you don't really need me to answer this. You've done it yourself in your question and I know you understand the details of the game...but anyways, you draft R. Quinn so you can cut or trade Dan Graham in 1-2 years so you don't have to keep paying top dollar for a blocking TE, allowing those cap resources to upgrade the defense.

here are the defensive players taken in the 3rd round after where our first 3rd rounder would have been:

Kevin Barnes DB (took Smith, McBath, Bruton in this draft).
Roy Miller DT (drafted by TB)
Asher Allen DB
Ladarius Webb DB
Chris Owens DB
Jerraud Powers DB
Corvey Irvin DT (drafted by CAR -- played 2 games to date)
Ryan Mouton DB
Rashad Johnson DB
Keenan Lewis DB
Tyrone McKenzie OLB (drafted by NE -- played 3 games to date)

that's it for the entire third round after pick 79, which would have been our first 3rd rounder. Who there are you upset we didn't get? Roy Miller seems to be the only guy that would have been anything, and I have no idea how he would have fit as a 34 end, he seems to small for NT.

Going from the way the board played out, the only defense available was at DB. We'd already added two DBs in the first two rounds, plus we added Goodman and Hill in ufa.

There's plenty to bitch about when it comes to McDaniels' tenure here, but the Quinn trade is pretty far down the pecking pole.

Dzone
08-23-2011, 12:09 AM
^well, the alphonso smith pick is worse than Dick Quinn, Giving up a #1 for a #2. That counts as another blown #1 along with Delirious Thompson and Robert Acres...Were there any other bad Mcdaniels #1 picks????

chazoe60
08-23-2011, 12:19 AM
The only first round pick Of McD's that I have much faith in right now in terms of helpimg the Broncos is Knowshon.

Tebow won't be given a chance because we'll be drafting a QB next year.
Ayers has a future as an actor, he's perfect for the part of the Invisible Man.
And DT used to be made of sand, then he was heated to extreme temperatures.

broncoFan!
08-23-2011, 12:52 AM
The only first round pick Of McD's that I have much faith in right now in terms of helpimg the Broncos is Knowshon.

Now the real question is, if we don't get Luck who will we get? Barkley would be nice...

Knowing Orton, he'll just screw us one last year before he leaves Denver and give us an 8-8 record keeping us out of reach of drafting any good QB's and forcing in Tebow before he's ready.

BORDERLINE
08-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Alphonso Smith+ the first rounder we sent to SEA for him , Richard Quinn , Ayers , Morneno , Tebow + all the picks we traded to pick him , D.T.

6 PICKS!!!!

All of these high draft picks and none have made a big impact on our team. Imagine if we drafted all the best available D-Linemen instead of these guys. I'm sure one of them would have been a superstar.

BigDaddyBronco
08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Just think if Bowlen had hired Pioli first. Would he have hired McDaniels? Would the Cassels deal happened?

All I know is that Bowlen screwed the pooch by not bringing in an experienced GM to run the team and run heard over the coaching staff.

Drafting a RB in the 1st, drafting a converted DE with 1 good year at Tenn instead of guys like Orakpo or Matthews, giving up a future 1st for an undersized CB, trading up for a blocking TE, only having 100 players on your board....

McDaniels should have never had any GM powers, that is on Ellis and Bowlen, period.

nevcraw
08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Alphonso Smith+ the first rounder we sent to SEA for him , Richard Quinn , Ayers , Morneno , Tebow + all the picks we traded to pick him , D.T.

6 PICKS!!!!

All of these high draft picks and none have made a big impact on our team. Imagine if we drafted all the best available D-Linemen instead of these guys. I'm sure one of them would have been a superstar.

agree with your sentiment -- excepts for lumping Tebow in into the mix.

He scored 11 TD's while playing spot duty and 3 starts. I would say that is a pretty big impact comsidering time on the field.

Buff
08-23-2011, 02:18 PM

I think Ayers will end up having a better career than Moreno (which isn't saying much).

I see Moreno as Mike Bell II.

BORDERLINE
08-23-2011, 02:41 PM
agree with your sentiment -- excepts for lumping Tebow in into the mix.

He scored 11 TD's while playing spot duty and 3 starts. I would say that is a pretty big impact comsidering time on the field.

I had to lump him on there. Even tough I believe he needs to be the starter but I have to look at him as a 3rd string this year. Even tough i'm sure there will be a Tebow package in the redzone or on short third downs. Something tells me Orton will play just above average and he will ride off into the sunset as a coveted back-up QB. Tebow will hurt because of this he needs Game Experience and that's the only way this kid can grow. But even then picking him as a project QB when your defense needed all the help they could get. F*** McDouche

dogfish
08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Just think if Bowlen had hired Pioli first. Would he have hired McDaniels? Would the Cassels deal happened?

All I know is that Bowlen screwed the pooch by not bringing in an experienced GM to run the team and run heard over the coaching staff.

Drafting a RB in the 1st, drafting a converted DE with 1 good year at Tenn instead of guys like Orakpo or Matthews, giving up a future 1st for an undersized CB, trading up for a blocking TE, only having 100 players on your board....

McDaniels should have never had any GM powers, that is on Ellis and Bowlen, period.

^ this ^

look how great the goodmans drafts look in comparison to mcdaniels-- they found more productive, high-quality NFL talent with two fourth round picks than mcdaniels was able to find in two big drafts, including FOUR first round picks. . . :tsk: :mad:

naturally, we chose to keep that useless assclown xanders instead!

bowlen really should humble his pride and just back the brinks truck up to jim's door. . .

Timmy!
08-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Later Dick. You sucked. :heh:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Tight end Richard Quinn is no longer a Bronco.

The team announced Friday that it reached an injury settlement with the former second-round pick and released Quinn from the injured reserve list.

rest of article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/08/26/r-quinn-released-from-ir-with-injury-settlement/9118/

BeefStew25
08-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Somewhere, a hot headed impish tyrant grins.

Jsteve01
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM

6 PICKS!!!!

Rey Maualuga anyone?

HORSEPOWER 56
08-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Rey Maualuga anyone?

Rey hasn't exactly lived up to the hype, either. More and more, he's showing why he fell into the second round and there's still a question of whether he's lived up to that.

I think if DT can catch a lucky break (no pun intended) that he could be very successful. We've seen him play and he has the physical skills to be dominant. The broken foot and the achilles aren't exactly injuries that are exactly "preventable". It's not like he's out of shape and keeps pulling hammys. He could be special if he can stay healthy, IMO.

Robert Ayers has been downright bad and who I think Jason Hunter should start over after what I've seen so far. This guy has one more year to wake the F up and learn to play pro ball. With the talent still available when we took Ayers, he's looking like McDaniels' worst pick (actual pick, the Smith pick was retarded).

I still have a ton of faith in Knowshon. He's come in in great shape, motivated, and is really trying to live up to his potential.

Canmore
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Rey hasn't exactly lived up to the hype, either. More and more, he's showing why he fell into the second round and there's still a question of whether he's lived up to that.

I think if DT can catch a lucky break (no pun intended) that he could be very successful. We've seen him play and he has the physical skills to be dominant. The broken foot and the achilles aren't exactly injuries that are exactly "preventable". It's not like he's out of shape and keeps pulling hammys. He could be special if he can stay healthy, IMO.

Robert Ayers has been downright bad and who I think Jason Hunter should start over after what I've seen so far. This guy has one more year to wake the F up and learn to play pro ball. With the talent still available when we took Ayers, he's looking like McDaniels' worst pick (actual pick, the Smith pick was retarded).

I still have a ton of faith in Knowshon. He's come in in great shape, motivated, and is really trying to live up to his potential.

Ther are just so many choices to choose from. :laugh: