PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Talks Bad Losses

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2008, 06:30 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.cutler.show.2.875441.html

Woodyard video from Jay Cutler Show:

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.cutler.show.2.875441.html

Cutler Talks Bad Losses, Matt Prater & AFC West

DENVER (CBS4) ― Even though the Denver Broncos suffered a humiliating loss to the Oakland Raiders, the fact is they are still in first place. And with the San Diego Chargers losing to the Indianapolis Colts, they didn't lose their two-game lead in the AFC West. Quarterback Jay Cutler talked about the team's position going into the final stretch of the season on his CBS4 show Qwest Jay Cutler Live!

"Obviously we were in a great situation to get a win in the AFC West and to have the Chargers lose and have a tough game against the Colts, well it didn't work out like that," Cutler said. "We both lost and we are both in the same situation we were in a week ago."

CBS4's Vic Lombardi asked Cutler if the Oakland loss was worse than the loss to the Kansas City Chiefs earlier in the season.

"They are both bad. They are both games that I feel we should have won," Cutler said. "We felt good going into them, had great game plans, we just didn't execute."

In the Oakland loss, kicker Matt Prater missed two field goals in the first half and Cutler could be seen getting into Prater's face after the second miss. Cutler said he did get on Prater about his performance.

"I got after him a little bit. I know Matt pretty well and he's got all the talent in the world and he's got one of the strongest legs in the league," he said. "I think we all have a lot of confidence in him. He's been in a little bit of a slump, but he's going to battle through it."

Is it possible a team with an 8-8 record could win the division?

"I don't know. We don't want to look at it like that. We want to win all of our games, but the way things are kind of panning out between us and San Diego, it's a possibility," he said.

Cutler welcomed linebacker Wesley Woodyard as his guest on the show. Woodyard, who played for the University of Kentucky, was signed by the Broncos as an undrafted free agent and has been filling in for the injured D.J. Williams. In his first NFL start against the Cleveland Browns in Week 10, Woodyard recorded an impressive 10 solo tackles.

Woodyard talked about deciding to sign with the Broncos.

"We had a few guys that signed here from Kentucky in Marlon McCree and Dewayne Robinson," Woodyard said. "But the biggest thing that got me was when Coach Shanahan called me. He showed his interest that he wanted me to come out here (as soon as possible) and get to work. I think that's what sealed it for me."

Woodyard said going undrafted gave him extra motivation to play well.

"I'm a type of player that plays with a chip (on my shoulder) no matter what," he said. "I've been doubted for me size. Not being drafted, I think it focused me a lot. It made me appreciate the game of football a whole lot more."

Cutler said just like all the Denver linebackers, Woodyard is fast, has a lot of energy and makes tackles.

"Special teams. That's were he showed up first. You watch special teams film and you see those guys have a little spark about them," Cutler said. "He stepped in and helped us out defensively."

The Broncos head to New York to take on Brett Favre's Jets on Sunday. The Jets are coming off a huge 35-13 win over a Tennessee Titans team that was undefeated going into the game. Under Favre the Jets have an 8-3 record and sole possession of first place in the AFC East.

SR
11-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Link is the same video. Good video and article though.

LordTrychon
11-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Wish they'd have asked him about the SAM position... (Woodyard, that is)