PDA

View Full Version : Rattling Favre

Superchop 7
11-27-2008, 06:20 PM
The blitz has to come from somewhere he isn't expecting.

This is the time to blitz the corner, lay back a little and wait for a mistake.

Just send 5, but make sure it's the right 5.

BroncoTech
11-27-2008, 06:36 PM
You might be able to rattle Manning and the Colts by hitting him early and often. Farve, I'm not so sure. You beat a corner blitz by throwing the screen where that blitzer came from and get a long gain from a short pass. Champ is the only corner we have that would make an impact on the passer's pocket.

Who do you plan on sending if champ is on the bench? I think you have to send a linebacker from the middle.

broncophan
11-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I would be happy to see our defense "rattle" anybody....including Favre....

Scarface
11-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Can Atwater suit up?

EastCoastBronco
11-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Rattle Favre with our D?
Somewhere Ernie from Sesame Street is laughing...

NY Jets
11-27-2008, 09:49 PM
You might be able to rattle Manning and the Colts by hitting him early and often. Farve, I'm not so sure. You beat a corner blitz by throwing the screen where that blitzer came from and get a long gain from a short pass. Champ is the only corner we have that would make an impact on the passer's pocket.

Who do you plan on sending if champ is on the bench? I think you have to send a linebacker from the middle.

Excellent observation, you can't rattle Favre. He's known for that. And that's assuming you can make it past the offensive line which is posessed right now. Make Favre throw deep balls and he might (might!) throw an interception or two. Take away the short passing game which is his comfort zone. And our defense (yes I'm a Jets fan), only had one or two good games where the secondary performed well. Other than that we have given up too many points defending the pass. I still hope that we'll beat you but there's some food for thought.

LordTrychon
11-27-2008, 11:48 PM
If we could get the ref to come at him from behind we may surprise him.....

broncofaninfla
11-28-2008, 09:08 AM
We haven't been able to rattle ANYBODY so far this season, I doubt it starts with one of the best QB's ever. QB's have career games against our defense.

BigDaddyBronco
11-28-2008, 11:06 AM
If one of our DE's was close to the sack record he might lay down for us.

frauschieze
11-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Excellent observation, you can't rattle Favre. He's known for that. And that's assuming you can make it past the offensive line which is posessed right now. Make Favre throw deep balls and he might (might!) throw an interception or two. Take away the short passing game which is his comfort zone. And our defense (yes I'm a Jets fan), only had one or two good games where the secondary performed well. Other than that we have given up too many points defending the pass. I still hope that we'll beat you but there's some food for thought.

:rofl:

We can't stop ANYBODY'S short passing game. At times, I'm convinced that Slowick doesn't realize there IS a such thing as a short passing game. For that matter.....Bates forgot our offense could use a short passing game too.....

Dr Velcro
11-28-2008, 01:20 PM
:rofl:

We can't stop ANYBODY'S short passing game. At times, I'm convinced that Slowick doesn't realize there IS a such thing as a short passing game. For that matter.....Bates forgot our offense could use a short passing game too.....

Slowick seems to be missing half a play book somewhere.

BroncoTech
11-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Our defense has rattled our fans this year that's about it.

If we could get the ref to come at him from behind we may surprise him.....

Is Ed reffing this game? We might have a chance.

girler
11-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe if we still had Romanowski, and he came in and broke Brett's jaw- that might rattle him... I would totally feel bad if that happened, but it's the only thing I could think of that would rattle his teeth- literally. :heh:

broncophan
11-30-2008, 12:43 PM
It's not Favre, that worries me.......it's their running game and Leon Washington.....that the defense needs to stop as well...