PDA

View Full Version : Could Tebow get cut?

Dzone
08-22-2011, 10:00 AM
This just now popped up in my email box. Just something that is making the news right now.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/303110-broncos-ready-to-cut-tebow?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

Why do they always use that goofy picture of Tebow? He looks like he is about to cry...LOL

BigDaddyBronco
08-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Not going to happen.

vandammage13
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
A trade could happen, but it's becoming increasingly likely the Broncos will keep or cut Tebow because the trade interest is dwindling rapidly.

So Tebow could be Traded, Cut, or Stay....That's some groundbreaking journalism right there.

PAINTERDAVE
08-22-2011, 10:07 AM
They aint gonna cut Tim.
Elway just said, during the game, they are happy with all 3 QB's.
Webber will most likely get cut.... he is # 4.

Elway also has said he will listen to any team talk about trading any player.
Nothing has changed...

No news here.. just rumour mongering.

Crikey..
both Orton and Quinn are free agents after this season.

Cut Tim.. we would possibly have NO QB at all in 4 months.

claymore
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Maybe Carolina will trade for Tim. He'd be the perfect backup to Cam.

SoCalImport
08-22-2011, 10:18 AM
not this year he won't

underrated29
08-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Bleacher report....

Is there anyway we can shut that place down? Id rather listen to jamie dukes then those idiots.

LawDog
08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Bleacher report....

Is there anyway we can shut that place down? Id rather listen to jamie dukes then those idiots.

I'd rather see GEM in Daisy Dukes than listen to Jamie Dukes...

Wait, what? Nevermind.

hotcarl
08-22-2011, 11:31 AM

Wait, what? Nevermind.

id rather see you in jamie dukes

Lancane
08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Could Tebow get cut?

Why? Did someone see him with box cutters?

HammeredOut
08-22-2011, 12:16 PM

Wait, what? Nevermind.

me 2.. with a cut off Tatem Bell Jersey, showing some stomach.

sneakers
08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I bet Merril Hoge faps to the idea of Tebow getting cut.

Nomad
08-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Listening to 'The Fan'....they just reported CBS sports said BRONCOS are shopping Tebow or thinking of cutting him.

Northman
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Listening to 'The Fan'....they just reported CBS sports said BRONCOS are shopping Tebow or thinking of cutting him.

I can see shopping him, but cutting him? Who is going to backup Quinn? Weber? lol

Nomad
08-22-2011, 05:45 PM
I can see shopping him, but cutting him? Who is going to backup Quinn? Weber? lol

:noidea: Alfred came on at the beginning of the program and said he talked to Fox and gets the impression Tebow will be used alot this year. Then the news feed between the program came on and reported the CBS thing! I guess we'll see.

Northman
08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
:noidea: Alfred came on at the beginning of the program and said he talked to Fox and gets the impression Tebow will be used alot this year. Then the news feed between the program came on and reported the CBS thing! I guess we'll see.

Well, whatever happens is if they do either i think they will definitely go after a QB next year. Not quite how i would of dealt with it but they are running the show so like McD they live and die with their decisions.

Nomad
08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm listening to 104.3 over the interweb, so I guess until DN reports it then it's a rumor.:D

BroncoStud
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Why would Denver cut Tebow? What would be the purpose? Trade him before cutting him. That's just stupidity. We are going to need him in the redzone anyway. He's under contract, he isn't overpaid, not to mention that at the end of this season is is the ONLY QB under contract for this team.

hamrob
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
whether you like Tebow or not, cutting him would be idiotic.

Let him ride the pine at #3 if you don't like his potential. Have him come in on 3rd down and score some TD's. Then in the offseason next year, start to talk about how much he's improved (leaps and bounds)...then trade him.

Why they hell would you cut a guy you could get a decent pick for? I don't see that happening!

atwater27
08-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I would hope we could trade the guy. he deserves to be on a team that is willing to give him a chance. It's not his fault mcDaniels drafted him a over 100 picks early.

MOtorboat
08-22-2011, 07:21 PM
No.

Tned
08-22-2011, 07:31 PM
whether you like Tebow or not, cutting him would be idiotic.

Let him ride the pine at #3 if you don't like his potential. Have him come in on 3rd down and score some TD's. Then in the offseason next year, start to talk about how much he's improved (leaps and bounds)...then trade him.

Why they hell would you cut a guy you could get a decent pick for? I don't see that happening!

While I agree he shouldn't be cut, the Broncos could feel he isn't worth the $6 million roster bonus due in September. Anyone know if it's guaranteed, or only if he's on roster?

Northman
08-22-2011, 07:37 PM
While I agree he shouldn't be cut, the Broncos could feel he isn't worth the $6 million roster bonus due in September. Anyone know if it's guaranteed, or only if he's on roster?

Actually, i thought i had just heard tonight he got paid that.

BeefStew25
08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Let's see what Sandy has to say about this tonight. I will file and full report and start another thread.

Tned
08-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Actually, i thought i had just heard tonight he got paid that.

Maybe, this is what Lindsay Jones Tweeted earlier today:

RT @PostBroncos: A little background: Tebow has $1.6 million guaranteed salary in '11, with $6.275 million bonus due Sept. 2. Who trades for that contract?

Dzone
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
^Yeah, Got Sandy Clough on right now..LOL...this should be funny

Dzone
08-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Adam Weber quoted as seeing Orton tutoring Tebow. Weber said its total BS that Orton refuses to help Tebow and the other backups.

PAINTERDAVE
08-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah.. 'cause Sandy is so impartial when it comes to Tim... NOT.

Rabid Tebow supporters are one thing...
but Sandy is at the other end of the spectrum...
he really dislikes the kid, though he wont admit it.

That said... even Sandy will probably see the
improbabilty of outright cutting Tim.

At this point... it is all just talking heads going Bla bla bla....
all day... sensationalism... shock jocks...
the CBS report... based on NOTHING NEW.

So yeah... tell us what he says.....
I can hardly wait...