PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Schedule

WARHORSE
11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Denver has

Jets, KC, Car, Buff and SD

Sandy Eggo has

Atl, Oak, KC, Tampa, and Den

Its going to be tight people. But I want to make it into the playoffs with as little wins as possible. lol

(draft positioning)

A lot will be determined in the coming weeks. If we arent going to the playoffs...........

blueblood15
11-27-2008, 12:00 PM
I really hope it doesnt come down to the SD game. Lets beat the Jets and hope ATL beats SD that way we can lock it up next week.

hamrob
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Another piece of this puzzle...is that Denver has 3 road games against very good teams and the Bolts have 3 home games.

I think Denver goes 3-2 at best. Losses (Jets, Panthers, Bolts) Wins (Chiefs, Bills)

I think the Bolts go 4-1 at best. Losses (Bucs) Wins (Atl, Oak, KC, Den)

In that scenario the Broncos win the AFC West. My fear is...the Chargers go 4-1 (as seen above) and the Broncos only manage 2-3 down the stretch...which is very possible. Can the Broncos beat any of these three good teams on the road? Can we take care of business at home against the Chiefs and Bills? If we go 2-3 and lose to the Bolts and the Chargers go 4-1...which again is very possible. There will be no playoffs agains for our Broncos!

MasterShake
11-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Another piece of this puzzle...is that Denver has 3 road games against very good teams and the Bolts have 3 home games.

I think Denver goes 3-2 at best. Losses (Jets, Panthers, Bolts) Wins (Chiefs, Bills)

In that scenario the Broncos win the AFC West. My fear is...the Chargers go 4-1 (as seen above) and the Broncos only manage 2-3 down the stretch...which is very possible. Can the Broncos beat any of these three good teams on the road? Can we take care of business at home against the Chiefs and Bills? If we go 2-3 and lose to the Bolts and the Chargers go 4-1...which again is very possible. There will be no playoffs agains for our Broncos!

The way we play, we'll beat the Jets then implode to the Chiefs at home. I can see us beating the Bills and Bolts pretty handily, actually. San Diego is not the team they used to be, we are the lesser of two sucks. I don't know about the Panthers game though...

nj10
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Can the Broncos beat any of these three good teams on the road? Can we take care of business at home against the Chiefs and Bills?

Lately we've been WAY better on the road! May be a good thing that 3 of our last 5 are on the road.

blueblood15
11-27-2008, 12:34 PM

You are giving SD WAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH CREDIT!
They will lose vs ATL and TB and probably one other one(Hopefully to us)

BroncoWave
11-27-2008, 05:48 PM

You have us down for 2-3, not 3-2. If it went the way you just typed it, the Chargers would win the division as both teams would be 8-8 and the Chargers would have the tiebreaker.

broncophan
11-27-2008, 06:05 PM
With our bone-head losses to KC and Oakland............we have to "steal" a win this week at the jets..........and somehow......some way.....we have to go into the last Sunday of the season with a 2 game lead....

NY Jets
11-27-2008, 10:54 PM
The way we play, we'll beat the Jets then implode to the Chiefs at home. I can see us beating the Bills and Bolts pretty handily, actually. San Diego is not the team they used to be, we are the lesser of two sucks. I don't know about the Panthers game though...

Beat the Jets and lose to KC. Is this the famous "Atlanta Streak Theory" I've been reading about. I have some bad news. The Jets have a habit of ending streaks. Ask the Titans. HOWEVER, I do hope that Denver makes the playoffs, just not at the expense of a Jets loss. I agree about the Panthers. Good luck either way!

LordTrychon
11-27-2008, 11:22 PM

That is indeed our MO...

But we usually split with KC... we already had our implosion for them this year.

Shazam!
11-28-2008, 12:46 AM
If Denver needs the W in the SD finale, they'll get destroyed. SD has been chasing the Broncos since Week 2 and feel they were robbed. They'll be fired up. We have to hope the Broncos win Sunday first and foremost. The way this team plays, we have to take it one game at a time. Let's hope they win and maintain their lead, and hope SD loses more games.

WARHORSE
11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
If Denver needs the W in the SD finale, they'll get destroyed. SD has been chasing the Broncos since Week 2 and feel they were robbed. They'll be fired up. We have to hope the Broncos win Sunday first and foremost. The way this team plays, we have to take it one game at a time. Let's hope they win and maintain their lead, and hope SD loses more games.

Nah.

Its the Chuggers.

And the Chuggers SUCKXXX!!!

Shazam!
11-28-2008, 11:28 PM
The way this team has been playing, in a do-or-die scenario, it's quite a gamble. Plus with injuries Denver has and if they have it wrapped up by the finale, it'd be a great chance to rest some guys.

SD may be playing awful, but their schedule I think is easier. It isn't a stretch to think they can catch Denver and beat them in their stadium.

I would hate for them to have a must-win at SD.