PDA

View Full Version : Freeman: Possible cut or trade Tebow? (merged Freeman blog threads)

stway
08-21-2011, 09:22 PM
"The consensus in speaking with a handful of team personnel executives when it comes to one Tim Tebow is this: A trade could happen, but it's becoming increasingly likely the Broncos will keep or cut Tebow because the trade interest is dwindling rapidly."

"Second, some in football think Tebow might need to be switched to another position. One team executive says he believes Tebow would be a Pro Bowl fullback, a belief I've heard several times from others around the sport."

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/31455865

--

It'd pretty bad if we cut Tebow outright. But given the situation, it's unlikely Tebow would be willing to try other positions such as FB or TE. In a new team he might, so a trade could happen.

Northman
08-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Unless a team is willing to part with a high pick or valuable player Tebow will remain on the bench. If at the end of the year Denver wants to go a different direction they may let Tebow walk at that point.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I just read the article, and that guy is all over the place. It amazes me when stories like this come out of places other than Denver - seems like a lot of speculation to me. He covered every scenerio possible - of course, one of them will happen.

sneakers
08-21-2011, 09:32 PM
How much money is made at the team store with Tebow related merchadise? A whole bunch? That is one reason why he wont be traded.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

They aren't going to flat out cut Tim Tebow. That is absurd.

Lancane
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
How much money is made at the team store with Tebow related merchadise? A whole bunch? That is one reason why he wont be traded.

Sales will drop off Sneakers, once it's found out that he is not starting that market will dry up quite a bit.

Ravage!!!
08-21-2011, 09:51 PM
This blog has absolutely no credibility. However, I'm sure a few of the Tebownites are weeping in their hands...... its too early to be making statements about cutting him.

Tned
08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
He has a very low salary, so there won't be a financial reason to cut him. It would have to be a case where they not only don't think he's capable of being the starter, but also not capable of being the backup during the life of his contract.

cuzz4169
08-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if Tebow is Traded or even cut. He was drafted as a project QB so after 1 yr ohh god he can't do it...so trade him or cut him...what a joke...people need to find something else to write and talk about. The kid needs time his projected time was suppose to be 2-3 years. Nothing wrong with him sitting and waiting.

threefolddead
08-21-2011, 10:07 PM
He is exactly right they will either keep, cut, or trade Tebow... This same story can be used for anyone. I bet hes got it on cut and paste. His mama is proud

SR
08-21-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd like to see Tebow try playing tight end. The dude is 6'5" and weighs 245 lbs. That's prime TE size.

As selfless as Tebow is and knowing (from what he's said publicly) that he wants to do what ever he can to help the team win, I don't think he'd be opposed to the idea of playing another position. But personally, a guy like Tebow shouldn't be forced to do something he isn't. Nine times out of 10 position converts don't work out. I can't think of one QB converted to another position that has succeeded. Not even Slash himself (Kordell Stewart for you newbs) did much in the NFL at any position beside QB (not that he did a whole hell of a lot there, either).

SR
08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
He is exactly right they will either keep, cut, or trade Tebow... This same story can be used for anyone. I bet hes got it on cut and paste. His mama is proud

"The team that has the most points when the game is over will likely win the game." -John Madden

Disclaimer: I don't think that is an actual quote from John Madden.

bcbronc
08-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if Tebow is Traded or even cut. He was drafted as a project QB so after 1 yr ohh god he can't do it...so trade him or cut him...what a joke...people need to find something else to write and talk about. The kid needs time his projected time was suppose to be 2-3 years. Nothing wrong with him sitting and waiting.

ya, but not by this regime and not for this offense.

There's no way he would get cut (unless Tebowmania forced it) but traded, maybe. Tebow can still make plays and contribute situationally,, even if he's not listed as a QB, so there's no rush to dump him. But if someone dangled a 1st or a quality young #3-4 CB and a pick EFX should consider it imo.

TT's playing time vs BUF probably says something of the impression Elway got working one on one with Tebow...him being dealt wouldn't shock me, wouldn't even surprise me, but I don't think it's imminent either.

Davii
08-21-2011, 10:36 PM
I can say that I would be shocked if Tim were to leave this team for any reason prior to after next pre-season. I think EFX still hope he improves, whether they believe he will or not, and they wouldn't get squat for him right now anyway.

The E in EFX did have a hand in the drafting of Tim, Fox liked him before the draft, and I think Elway will probably work more with Tim. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tim get some serious qb coach help on his own this offseason to make a play to show he deserves another chance.

Tned
08-21-2011, 10:47 PM
ya, but not by this regime and not for this offense.

There's no way he would get cut (unless Tebowmania forced it) but traded, maybe. Tebow can still make plays and contribute situationally,, even if he's not listed as a QB, so there's no rush to dump him. But if someone dangled a 1st or a quality young #3-4 CB and a pick EFX should consider it imo.

TT's playing time vs BUF probably says something of the impression Elway got working one on one with Tebow...him being dealt wouldn't shock me, wouldn't even surprise me, but I don't think it's imminent either.

Based on the reports, the one on one work consisted of one 20 or 30 minute period after practice where Elway gave some pointers on hand placement and stance. I doubt that one, short session played a role vs. the 14+ days of camp practices.

As to getting a first for Tebow, I just don't see any chance. Most draft experts didn't think Tebow should be drafted before the 3rd, and by all accounts, most NFL personnel people agreed with that sentiment. As he hasn't done much to prove he's going to be a franchise QB, why would a team give the Broncos a first round pick for a first round mistake they were dumping (which would be the message if they were trying to trade him).

We would probably be lucky to get a 3rd for him.

RebelRocker
08-21-2011, 10:56 PM

Yes, but you forget to mention that he was not only OVERDRAFTED, but also, this current regime did NOT draft him.

Don't believe in hype, believe in FACT. He's playing like a #3 QB right now and shows no sign of immediate progress. He may have to take a Doug Flutie/Kordell Stewart type route to become a starting QB in this league.

BroncoStud
08-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Does Freeman actually get PAID to write that absurdity? If so, where do I sign up?

bcbronc
08-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Based on the reports, the one on one work consisted of one 20 or 30 minute period after practice where Elway gave some pointers on hand placement and stance. I doubt that one, short session played a role vs. the 14+ days of camp practices.

You don't think 20-30 minutes of one on one work would be enough time to confirm first hand some questions raised from the camp practice performances?

As to getting a first for Tebow, I just don't see any chance. Most draft experts didn't think Tebow should be drafted before the 3rd, and by all accounts, most NFL personnel people agreed with that sentiment. As he hasn't done much to prove he's going to be a franchise QB, why would a team give the Broncos a first round pick for a first round mistake they were dumping (which would be the message if they were trying to trade him).

agreed. And how would a third make us a better team this season? There's no need to trade Tebow, he's not a ufa next season and he can produce TDs near the goalline. Maybe you move Tebow for a young player with some upside, but not for a mid round draft pick. And since nobody is going to offer a 1st, Tebow won't be going anywhere.

jhildebrand
08-22-2011, 12:15 AM
King's ransom ='s NO TRADE.

People laughed at my categorizing the Tebow selection and what it cost as that but NOW you see just how much it is costing this team.

Look for Tebow to start 4-5 games this season. Just enough for Denver to build in trade value.

broncoFan!
08-22-2011, 12:37 AM

Some teams that are desperate might bite. I could see Miami liking him, seeing him as kind of an anti-Orton QB. Different and somebody could run the wildcat package they like to run in Miami.

If Dallas is done with the Romo era they could look at Tebow as possible replacement.

jhildebrand
08-22-2011, 12:44 AM
but also, this current regime did NOT draft him.

I hear this thrown out a lot as if it somehow supports Orton. The fact is this FO isn't vested in any of these QB's so I don't see how it matters nor how it is a point for Orton to start.

The reality is they shouldnt have labeled it an open competition once they couln't trade Orton. They should have given the job to Tebow. While they pay lip service to the idea that Orton gives them the best chance to win, I don't think ANY of the QB's will produce a record that is vastly different from another. Also, I don't think there is ONE fan who will hold EFX accountable for the record this year. So if that is the case, you make Orton back up and play Tebow and see if he can't build up some trade value or prove himself. Orton can't complain because he is in the last year of the deal! If he does bitch then GM's would take note.

What the FO does now get held accountable for is the botched trade and the fallout that comes from it! Elway is held in high regard and many wont blame him for much but hindsight may prove this very item was the beginning of his downfall! Only time will tell.

broncoFan!
08-22-2011, 12:55 AM
I hear this thrown out a lot as if it somehow supports Orton. The fact is this FO isn't vested in any of these QB's so I don't see how it matters nor how it is a point for Orton to start.

The reality is they shouldnt have labeled it an open competition once they couln't trade Orton. They should have given the job to Tebow. While they pay lip service to the idea that Orton gives them the best chance to win, I don't think ANY of the QB's will produce a record that is vastly different from another. Also, I don't think there is ONE fan who will hold EFX accountable for the record this year. So if that is the case, you make Orton back up and play Tebow and see if he can't build up some trade value or prove himself. Orton can't complain because he is in the last year of the deal! If he does bitch then GM's would take note.

What the FO does now get held accountable for is the botched trade and the fallout that comes from it! Elway is held in high regard and many wont blame him for much but hindsight may prove this very item was the beginning of his downfall! Only time will tell.

Being optimistic there aren't you Hildy! Contracts play a huge part in a lot of this. After all, Brady & Kyle's contracts run out after this season. Tebow is the only QB on the roster who has a 3 year deal or more with Denver.

I don't see any reason to dump Tebow, just give him a shot to earn the starting job. If he doesn't prove anything in 2-3 years, then yah cut him or trade him for a 3rd or whatever we can get for him. If you dump Tebow though, you better have a franchise QB that you think is a "Gamer" because Orton surely isn't it.

If Fox thinks he can pick a franchise QB in the first round of the 2012 draft then so be it. But history shows that Fox doesn't draft QB's in the first round. Just sayin'

DenBronx
08-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Quinn or Orton are both free agents next year. If Tebow can't beat them out then he will be a backup here in Denver. Whoever thinks we will outright cut him is clearly a numskull.

But, why wouldnt Miami at least make a phone call about the dude? Tebow is still the unknown but would be better than friggin Henne. Plus Miami would sell out every game.

That said, even the Bengals are willing to take their bumps and bruises and let Dalton their future QB get playing time. Tebow really hasnt got a legit shot at proving people wrong. All I know is I saw someone who could do it the last 3 games last year...so Fox needs to just play his ass.

Lancane
08-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Fox doesn't draft QB's in the first round. Just sayin'

Fox didn't have final say in Carolina, and he doesn't have final say here. And I would dare to say that Denver wasn't looking at the likes of Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert before the draft to admire their 'John Brown hind parts'. Though Mallett slid down the draft board, each one of them had a first round grade originally.

I don't believe drafting a first round quarterback is the issue, it's which ones will they target.

broncoFan!
08-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Fox didn't have final say in Carolina, and he doesn't have final say here. And I would dare to say that Denver wasn't looking at the likes of Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert before the draft to admire their 'John Brown hind parts'. Though Mallett slid down the draft board, each one of them had a first round grade originally.

I don't believe drafting a first round quarterback is the issue, it's which ones will they target.

Well Cam Newton was going #1 overall so there was no way we were getting him. Carolina had the #1 overall.

Mallet is a good QB and unfortunately we missed him by 1 year. After watching him with the Pats, I can say that he will have a good career. Anyway, if EFX thinks that their franchise QB is in next year's draft class go ahead and draft him. But unless that QB's name is Luck, don't expect any changes....

RebelRocker
08-22-2011, 01:54 AM

I think that's the most important thing to recognize here regarding Fox's draft history in CAR. It was obvious from the 2010 draft that Fox had absolutely NO control on FO matters and he was basically dealt a bad hand.

Although he doesn't have finally say here in Denver, whoever thinks that he doesn't have a voice in the decision making process here are complete boneheads. Elway has stated multiple times that it will be a "team effort" and if they all didn't agree on a player, they would move on.

I completely agree. I really don't think we have a shot at Luck, so it's a matter of figuring out which one of the QB's remaining that EFX like the best.

DenBronx
08-22-2011, 01:59 AM
If we could end up with Osi and Samuels in a trade then do it.

Keep Quinn as a backup and send the other project to the practice squad.

claymore
08-22-2011, 02:00 AM
I can totally see EFX getting rid of Tebow. He isnt worth the distraction. What a pain in the ass situation Elway and Fox inherited.

He has zero trade value though.

Lancane
08-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Well Cam Newton was going #1 overall so there was no way we were getting him. Carolina had the #1 overall.

Mallet is a good QB and unfortunately we missed him by 1 year. After watching him with the Pats, I can say that he will have a good career. Anyway, if EFX thinks that their franchise QB is in next year's draft class go ahead and draft him. But unless that QB's name is Luck, don't expect any changes....

Carolina almost took Marcell Dareus with the pick, which would have dropped Newton in our laps.

We didn't miss Mallett (74th overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft), we passed on him and not because of his intangibles but because the questions surrounding his character.

This could be one of the best quarterback draft classes in nearly three decades...people need to get off the Luck hype and realize that he is just part of the whole of why that is. Depending on what underclassmen enter the draft: Luck, Barkley, Jones, Wilson, Tuel, Griffin, Katz and so on, plus the seniors: Lindley, Tannehill, Cousins, Weeden, Harnish, Foles, Coleman and so forth, this class could be monumental. There could be upwards to eight teams needing a franchise quarterback, depending on what plays out - Buffalo, Denver, Cleveland (If McCoy is not improved), Miami, Oakland, Seattle, Detroit (If Stafford is not better and continues to be injury prone) and Washington could all be looking. And the underclassmen will be made aware of this and could play a factor in their decisions whether to enter the draft or return.

I could literally see Denver going just as hard after Barkley, Jones, Lindley, Wilson or Tuel.

Canmore
08-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Carolina almost took Marcell Dareus with the pick, which would have dropped Newton in our laps.

We didn't miss Mallett (74th overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft), we passed on him and not because of his intangibles but because the questions surrounding his character.

This could be one of the best quarterback draft classes in nearly three decades...people need to get off the Luck hype and realize that he is just part of the whole of why that is. Depending on what underclassmen enter the draft: Luck, Barkley, Jones, Wilson, Tuel, Griffin, Katz and so on, plus the seniors: Lindley, Tannehill, Cousins, Weeden, Harnish, Foles, Coleman and so forth, this class could be monumental. There could be upwards to eight teams needing a franchise quarterback, depending on what plays out - Buffalo, Denver, Cleveland (If McCoy is not improved), Miami, Oakland, Seattle, Detroit (If Stafford is not better and continues to be injury prone) and Washington could all be looking. And the underclassmen will be made aware of this and could play a factor in their decisions whether to enter the draft or return.

I could literally see Denver going just as hard after Barkley, Jones, Lindley, Wilson or Tuel.

Not a college football fan but I did watch some Pac-10/12 football this past season. Luck looked awesome.

According to the pundits, this quarteback class could be as deep as 1983. Elway, Blackledge, Kelly, Eason, O'Brien and Marino. Six in the first round. Four went to Super Bowls and three are in the Hall of Fame. If 2012 plays out we could well find our guy. Marino went last.

broncoFan!
08-22-2011, 03:55 AM

Yah granted there are a lot of great college QB's in there. But honestly, how many of them besides Luck are able to come out and play in the NFL immediately? Especially with a terrible team like Denver. The big focus imo will be on Andrew Luck. Barkley and Foles could be franchise QB's too from my perspective but we will see how this plays out. I see Fox grabbing a DT next year and passing on QB.

I think Elway believes in Tebow and imho to give up on Tebow and trade him would be a travesty. Not only would many of us true Broncos fans (not Tebow-only fans) be devestated it would be Cutler 2.0 if Tebow is traded. Just my :2cents:

claymore
08-22-2011, 04:29 AM
Yah granted there are a lot of great college QB's in there. But honestly, how many of them besides Luck are able to come out and play in the NFL immediately? Especially with a terrible team like Denver. The big focus imo will be on Andrew Luck. Barkley and Foles could be franchise QB's too from my perspective but we will see how this plays out. I see Fox grabbing a DT next year and passing on QB.

I think Elway believes in Tebow and imho to give up on Tebow and trade him would be a travesty. Not only would many of us true Broncos fans (not Tebow-only fans) be devestated it would be Cutler 2.0 if Tebow is traded. Just my :2cents:
I dont think many real Bronco fans care about trading the 3rd string QB. People were pissed about Cutler because he was a Pro Bowl QB in his first 3 years. This team is alot better than some people think too. JMO

Lancane
08-22-2011, 05:54 AM

Again, you're buying too much into the Luck hype, he's by far not the only one who could quickly make the transition and there is a learning curve with all quarterbacks whether they sit behind someone or are thrown to the wolves. I would say that while Luck should transition well, that Barkley, Jones and Lindley will adjust rather quickly - two come from pro-style offenses and the other from a conference that produces high-level talent which has been forced to transition quicker because of the number of top-tier NFL talent it produces and are taken high in the draft.

And I can understand that some do believe that Fox will 'ask' for a defensive tackle, because as I said before, his opinion will be highly regarded but he doesn't have final say in regards to the roster or personnel for that matter...and what if I told you that John Fox in Carolina never drafted a defensive tackle higher then the third round during his tenure? Which is a fact. Plus you need to understand that Fox's defenses have while having one or two good defensive tackles been for the most part built around the defensive end and linebacker positions, his defenses are built to rush the passer more then stop the run.

In regards to Tebow, I've heard more what I would call negative statements compared to positive from Elway regarding Tebow as well as from others who supported him and have changed their own tunes, and his critics are starting to be proven that their criticism was founded. And I think, IMHO that this whole situation dragging out like this has caused more fans to jump the bandwagon then on...there is a big difference between Cutler and Tebow, Cutler was showing promise his first season and was lighting it up in his second. Tebow went from backup to starter and then knocked down to third string? I think only those that are Tebow-fanatics would be upset, some Bronco fans might question it...but once we have a top-tier quarterback from the draft, they'll be saying "Tebow Who?"...

;)

claymore
08-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Id like to see what Tebow could do at FB & or TE.

Npba900
08-22-2011, 07:58 AM

You don't draft a QB #1.....to be a project!!!! The only way Tebow would have gotten 2-3 years was if McD was still the HC during those 3 years. Remember EFX did not draft Tebow #1 and with Bowlen being a hands-off owner, there is nothing keeping Tebow in Denver.

Tebow had better come into camp next year hitting on all cylinders and playing like gang busters or he's done in Denver.

Chances are in 2012 Orton will be gone, Quinn will probably remain, Denver then drafts a QB who can play from the pocket and played in a pro style offense while in colllege and Tebow again will find himself fighting to staying off 3rd string QB status.

Tned
08-22-2011, 08:06 AM
You don't think 20-30 minutes of one on one work would be enough time to confirm first hand some questions raised from the camp practice performances?

More than or as opposed to the 14+ training camp practic sessions, no I don't see that 20-30 minutes leading to any decision.

agreed. And how would a third make us a better team this season? There's no need to trade Tebow, he's not a ufa next season and he can produce TDs near the goalline. Maybe you move Tebow for a young player with some upside, but not for a mid round draft pick. And since nobody is going to offer a 1st, Tebow won't be going anywhere.

I don't think Tebow should be traded, I'm just pointing out to those talking first rounders for any of our QBs that it simply isn't going to happen.

Reports were that teams thought the Broncos were asking too much when they wanted a 2nd for Orton.

The Broncos were widely criticized for spending a first on Tebow, and he has done nothing to prove he is ready to be an NFL starter now.

Quinn is a first round bust that couldn't beat out Derek Anderson in Cleveland or Orton here.

TXBRONC
08-22-2011, 08:22 AM

This is the key. They are not invested in any quarterbacks on the roster right now. The fact that they look hard several of the quarterbacks in this year's draft and the fact that Elway has been emphatic about doing the same thing next year indicated they not invested these quarterbacks. That doesn't mean his view can't change over the course of this year but I wouldn't hold my breath.

SOCALORADO.
08-22-2011, 08:42 AM
This is the key. They are not invested in any quarterbacks on the roster right now. The fact that they look hard several of the quarterbacks in this year's draft and the fact that Elway has been emphatic about doing the same thing next year indicated they not invested these quarterbacks. That doesn't mean his view can't change over the course of this year but I wouldn't hold my breath.

QFT.
Next year Orton will be gone, Quinn will be fighting with a highly touted, pro-style, pocket passing QB, and TT will either move to TE/H-Back or moved out. His choice.
Quinn has simply outplayed TT.
Again, if TT was worth all this fuss, then why hasnt he beaten out 2 career back-ups? Now 2 of them have outplayed him. The excuses are getting lame.

shank
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
people will either hate, like, be indifferent to, love or dislike this article.

broncofaninfla
08-22-2011, 11:42 AM
I put more stock in what I saw Tebow do in the last three games of the season last year than I do so far this year in practice and pre-season. It would be flat out moronic to give up on him at this point, the kids upside is through the roof.

HammeredOut
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
This is a current NFL executive, and many NFL executives agree the same.

"Second, some in football think Tebow might need to be switched to another position. One team executive says he believes Tebow would be a Pro Bowl fullback, a belief I've heard several times from others around the sport."

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/31455865

Is Tebow ready to become our poor boys version of Payton Hillis. Maybe. I`d like to see him plow over guys in the flat.

UnderArmour
08-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Uh, read the quote. He did not say Tebow "will" be a pro bowl FB, he said Tebow "would" be a pro bowl FB (if he played that position).

CoachChaz
08-22-2011, 12:11 PM

Some teams that are desperate might bite. I could see Miami liking him, seeing him as kind of an anti-Orton QB. Different and somebody could run the wildcat package they like to run in Miami.

If Dallas is done with the Romo era they could look at Tebow as possible replacement.

Jerry Jones has made it VERY obvious how he feels about Tebow and Garrett really likes McGee. Tebow wont ever see Dallas unless hes the opponent

Tned
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
QFT.
Next year Orton will be gone, Quinn will be fighting with a highly touted, pro-style, pocket passing QB, and TT will either move to TE/H-Back or moved out. His choice.
Quinn has simply outplayed TT.
Again, if TT was worth all this fuss, then why hasnt he beaten out 2 career back-ups? Now 2 of them have outplayed him. The excuses are getting lame.

Not to sound like a broken record, but Orton and Quinn are both free agents next year. So, in order for Quinn to be here competing for a job, the Broncos have to resign him, which both parties will have to want.

Agent of Orange
08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Again, you're buying too much into the Luck hype, he's by far not the only one who could quickly make the transition and there is a learning curve with all quarterbacks whether they sit behind someone or are thrown to the wolves. I would say that while Luck should transition well, that Barkley, Jones and Lindley will adjust rather quickly - two come from pro-style offenses and the other from a conference that produces high-level talent which has been forced to transition quicker because of the number of top-tier NFL talent it produces and are taken high in the draft.

And I can understand that some do believe that Fox will 'ask' for a defensive tackle, because as I said before, his opinion will be highly regarded but he doesn't have final say in regards to the roster or personnel for that matter...and what if I told you that John Fox in Carolina never drafted a defensive tackle higher then the third round during his tenure? Which is a fact. Plus you need to understand that Fox's defenses have while having one or two good defensive tackles been for the most part built around the defensive end and linebacker positions, his defenses are built to rush the passer more then stop the run.

In regards to Tebow, I've heard more what I would call negative statements compared to positive from Elway regarding Tebow as well as from others who supported him and have changed their own tunes, and his critics are starting to be proven that their criticism was founded. And I think, IMHO that this whole situation dragging out like this has caused more fans to jump the bandwagon then on...there is a big difference between Cutler and Tebow, Cutler was showing promise his first season and was lighting it up in his second. Tebow went from backup to starter and then knocked down to third string? I think only those that are Tebow-fanatics would be upset, some Bronco fans might question it...but once we have a top-tier quarterback from the draft, they'll be saying "Tebow Who?"...

;)

Meh, I agree with him. Luck is the only guy I'd be excited about. Everyone else...whatever.

Lancane
08-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Meh, I agree with him. Luck is the only guy I'd be excited about. Everyone else...whatever.

I'm sure that's what people said in 83' as well about Elway...then of course what about Marino, O'Brien and Kelly? I am pretty sure that the teams they played for were just as thankful for them as we were for Elway.

It's not Luck or bust, I would take Barkley, Jones, Lindley as well as others over anyone on our roster.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
A little background: Tebow has $1.6 million guaranteed salary in '11, with $6.275 million bonus due Sept. 2. Who trades for that contract?
40 minutes ago

So I hear they're talking about if Tebow could be traded this morning on SportsCenter. Really? There's nothing else going on in the NFL?
41 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos

Agent of Orange
08-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm sure that's what people said in 83' as well about Elway...then of course what about Marino, O'Brien and Kelly? I am pretty sure that the teams they played for were just as thankful for them as we were for Elway.

It's not Luck or bust, I would take Barkley, Jones, Lindley as well as others over anyone on our roster.

So you're promising that Matt Barkley will be Marino? Not likely.

Lancane
08-22-2011, 02:35 PM
So you're promising that Matt Barkley will be Marino? Not likely.

No, I am promising you that some will be far better then what you think of them and that's what matters to NFL teams.

Agent of Orange
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
No, I am promising you that some will be far better then what you think of them and that's what matters to NFL teams.

Like I said, unless it's Luck, there's really nothing to do back flips over. It's not likely he'll be on Marino's level, contrary to the suggestion otherwise. There's a bigger chance they're another Clauson, Couch, or Leaf.

Lancane
08-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Like I said, unless it's Luck, there's really nothing to do back flips over. It's not likely he'll be on Marino's level, contrary to the suggestion otherwise. There's a bigger chance they're another Clauson, Couch, or Leaf.

Why? Couch, Leaf and Claussen were all over hyped, not one of those behind Luck are like that. I happen to believe that they will all do well, and I believe Denver will draft one of them come April, so we'll just have to wait and see.

vandammage13
08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Why? Couch, Leaf and Claussen were all over hyped, not one of those behind Luck are like that. I happen to believe that they will all do well, and I believe Denver will draft one of them come April, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Odds are highly against ALL of them doing well...At best two might pan out.

tomjonesrocks
08-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Don't expect it to happen, but would be quite pleased if Tebow agreed to explore other positions. Seems a no-brainer to me--pro bowl TE or FB or a total non-factor as QB--but what do I know. The Broncos would be better if he gave the QB thing up--even if only for awhile.

If they trade him the team won't get value. Third or Fourth at best--which is where he should have been drafted to begin with.

broncobryce
08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Don't expect it to happen, but would be quite pleased if Tebow agreed to explore other positions. Seems a no-brainer to me--pro bowl TE or FB or a total non-factor as QB--but what do I know. The Broncos would be better if he gave the QB thing up--even if only for awhile.

If they trade him the team won't get value. Third or Fourth at best--which is where he should have been drafted to begin with.

Nope. Luckily he's not stupid enough to give up after one season, when most expected it to take 2 years before he was ready. Only people who already wanted him to fail are calling his career over after one season.

Krugan
I keep reading value, and no value even with 3rd or 4th round picks.

I dont get that. His value as a #3 is no more than a 4th or 5th, anything gotten in return for someone who isnt producing is value.

That being said, I dont see it happening yet, at least for the rest of this season. Offseason and draft day, are up for grabs.

vandammage13

I think the thought that he can leave a position that he has played his entire life and become a pro-bowler at a position he has never played is kind of far fetched...

If he's going to have success its going to be at QB or nothing.

vandammage13
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I keep reading value, and no value even with 3rd or 4th round picks.

I dont get that. His value as a #3 is no more than a 4th or 5th, anything gotten in return for someone who isnt producing is value.

That being said, I dont see it happening yet, at least for the rest of this season. Offseason and draft day, are up for grabs.

Well the Browns did get a eventual Pro Bowl running back in exchange for their backup QB, so it is possible to get something.

slim
08-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Well the Browns did get a eventual Pro Bowl running back in exchange for their backup QB, so it is possible to get something.

This only works if Josh McDaniels is your trade partner.

vandammage13
08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
This only works if Josh McDaniels is your trade partner.

Touche :beer:

Tned
08-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Ok, incarceratedBob is back with another:

RT @incarceratedbob: **UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Broncos have started receiving calls on Tebow (Multiple teams interested in dealing for Tebow) #Earlystages

bcbronc
08-23-2011, 12:02 AM

not yet. ;)

sneakers
08-23-2011, 12:05 AM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: