PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Focus analysis of Bills game

titan
08-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Looks like Von Miller won them over last night.

Read their analysis at:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/21/first-impressions-bills-broncos/

excerpt:

The selection of Von Miller has certainly caused a buzz in Denver this offseason. Where does he fit? How good a football player is he? Is there someone else who could come in and contribute more straight away? If you were looking for a perfect “scheme” match you may have looked somewhere else, but on the evidence of his performance against Buffalo on Saturday night, the Broncos have found in Miller a football player, plain and simple. The ability to use front seven defenders in a variety of places has become the fashionable thing and Miller showed an ability to make plays as a 4-3 end and as a stand-up linebacker against the Bills, a rare thing indeed. The consistency and the true judge of him will come in the regular season, but the ability to step straight in and blow past the still hapless Demetrius Bell – and then look just as at home sitting in a zone and closing on CJ Spiller for a stop short of the marker – should give Broncos fans some comfort that they may just have themselves a top-drawer defender to pull this team up from the depths of the AFC West.

broncofaninfla
08-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm seeing good speed from the kid, he could very well be somthing special.

hamrob
08-21-2011, 07:03 PM
I thought there was a lot to get excited about by our defense against the Bills.

Now can they do that against a better team? I'm not sure.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Miller and Bunkley stood out to me vs Buffalo. Didn't hate Vaughn or Moore's play either.

Lancane
08-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Miller and Bunkley stood out to me vs Buffalo. Didn't hate Vaughn or Moore's play either.

Bunkley played very well, he was all over the place.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Geez - just maybe the FO has done something right, regardless of what some think.