PDA

View Full Version : Denver Future?

TX_Broncos Fan
08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
What is most likely scenario for the future?
1) Orton is just good enough this, year, Quinn never sees the field, and both are gone after this season, and Tebow becomes the future.
2) Orton and Denver start off terribly, Fox goes to Quinn hoping they can be bad enough to get Andrew Luck.
3) Orton gets replaced by Quinn, and Quinn is so good that Denver re-signs Quinn to new deal and thus trades Tebow.
4) Orton is so good this year that Denver re-signs Orton.
5) Other.

I think all of the attention is on the offense this year and this team could turn around because of the defense.

Northman
08-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Option 3, only because if Quinn comes in and shows he can be a true #1 QB Denver will have no need to draft another next year. Not sure what they would get in return for Tebow as there just isnt enough tape on him to warrant a hefty price so maybe a 3rd for Tebow because of potential.

Right now i just dont think the FO is sold on Tebow or have enough patience or belief in him to keep him around let alone make him a starter. Orton will be gone regardless as the fanbase just doesnt care for him and he wont be a backup.

TX_Broncos Fan
08-21-2011, 12:04 PM
I agree that FO is not sold on Tebow. I'm not sure anyone on the coaching staff is set on Tebow either. And if they aren't fully in on Tebow, I don't know how he can be successful. He knows how to win, but this isn't a wait and see league anymore. I just hope Broncos fans, particularly Tebow fans, can ease up on Quinn, because if/when he does prove himself, he isn't going to want to stick around if the fans don't support him. And achieving success is much harder to do if you have to listen to BOOS every time you make a mistake. Right now he probably has more support from Tebow himself than the fans.

chazoe60
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I think what will happen is closer to option #2. I think we'll struggle a little this year and finish with a top 5 pick and Elway will throw everything at trying to trade up for Luck. But we'll probably end up with either Barkley or Jones.

I think the odds we draft a QB in the first round next year are very good.

underrated29
08-21-2011, 12:33 PM
None of the above. The FO is fully behind Tebow but also fully behind the best player such is kyle right now. Kyle walks or gets traded next year.

Quinn and Tebow battle for starting job and Tebow wins. Quinn is a backup. In fact I bet dollars to donuts that Quinn is tebows backup this year too.

TX_Broncos Fan
08-21-2011, 12:40 PM
None of the above. The FO is fully behind Tebow but also fully behind the best player such is kyle right now. Kyle walks or gets traded next year.

Quinn and Tebow battle for starting job and Tebow wins. Quinn is a backup. In fact I bet dollars to donuts that Quinn is tebows backup this year too.

I hope you're right. They only thing I want more than the Broncos to win (no matter who the quarterback is), is for the Broncos to win with Tebow as the man. I certainly believe he has the heart and desire, I just hope the front office, coaching staff, and the players see it. And if Tebow is the leader I think he is, then he will get there. I just hope he gets there before the Broncos feel it's time for him to move on. (Much like the Browns felt about Quinn)

Tned
08-21-2011, 12:42 PM

Isn't quinn a free agent next year? For that to happen we will need to resign him.

RebelRocker
08-21-2011, 01:00 PM
I think what will happen is closer to option #2. I think we'll struggle a little this year and finish with a top 5 pick and Elway will throw everything at trying to trade up for Luck. But we'll probably end up with either Barkley or Jones.

I think the odds we draft a QB in the first round next year are very good.

This ^^^

I think we'll be picking somewhere in the bottom of the top 10. If we're in the top 5, I agree with what chaz said. If we're picking in the 7-10 range, we'll settle with whoever's left between Barkley/Jones.

Agent of Orange
08-21-2011, 01:05 PM
There's no way of knowing. Too much will be decided by what hasn't happened yet.

Lancane
08-21-2011, 08:13 PM

I don't believe the Front Office is behind Tebow, in fact I think they've done as much as they can for him and are now resigned on the matter because of that. And yes, they are behind Kyle, that's because he is who he always is and that's a fluff player, who seems better then he is. And Kyle will walk, I don't see them tagging his ass, so we have no trade rights. Quinn will also walk next year because of what the team pulled this year saying they were going to have an open competition at the quarterback spot, no one believes there has been a real competition or then Quinn would be the starter. So Quinn will go and compete elsewhere for a position.

Denver we'll be left with Tebow and Webber as the only two quarterbacks with contracts, might as well be resigned to the fact that Denver will more then likely be drafting a quarterback next April.

As to the rest, I have to say more likely option 5, we will not be as bad nor as good as people suspect and I am sticking to my initial belief that we're a five or six win team, I don't see us winning more then seven though. Denver may have had a franchise capable quarterback in Quinn but why should he stay when he's been jerked around by two different staffs? Orton will be gone or the fans may well lynch his ass and they will draft a quarterback in the draft to be the future of this team.

SR
08-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Flower Mound huh? I was just in Waxahachie over the weekend.

(In other words, sweet thread).