PDA

View Full Version : Vernon fox to start at safety?

blueblood15
11-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I have not read this anywhere so if I am wrong dont kill me. BUT, I do have inside information. My Co-worker is good friends with him through church and their wives. He informed me today that he will be starting this weekend vs. the Jets. Fox has played for SD, WAS, and DET in the past. Hopefully if this is true and he does play, he can step up. Unlike the rest of the bums we played.

Italianmobstr7
11-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I hope that Barrett Starts, but probably not going to happen.

Lonestar
11-26-2008, 11:17 PM

Why would anyone want to give rookies playing time before the draft so we have some semblance of knowledge on if they can handle it..

Many rookies come in and start for lousy teams does mikey think I mean really think this is not a lousy team this year????

I have nothing against Fox but play the rookie this season is toast, stick o fork in it it is DONE..

We know what fox can do if they watched any film at all on the guy.. What does mikey have to do to figure out that if they were NO GOOD in SAN they will not be good here.. This is SAN safety part duex..

Greatspirits
11-26-2008, 11:28 PM
This just says how sad things are, when a relative unknown comes out of no where and is slated to start! I guess I'd welcome anything different now!!

Magnificent Seven
11-26-2008, 11:36 PM
JACK WILLIAMS!!!! # 26 Come on! He's awesome!

dogfish
11-26-2008, 11:38 PM

it's obviously going to take a court order. . . .

weazel
11-27-2008, 12:49 AM
I hope Atwater and Smith start!

where is my time machine?

Magnificent Seven
11-27-2008, 01:04 AM
my dream team

CB Billy Thompson
CB Louis Wright
S: Steve Atwater
S Champ Bailey

Traveler
11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
my dream team

CB Billy Thompson
CB Louis Wright
S Champ Bailey

I'd switch it to this:

S Dennis Smith
CB Louis Wright
CB Champ Bailey

Italianmobstr7
11-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Why would anyone want to give rookies playing time before the draft so we have some semblance of knowledge on if they can handle it..

Many rookies come in and start for lousy teams does mikey think I mean really think this is not a lousy team this year????

I have nothing against Fox but play the rookie this season is toast, stick o fork in it it is DONE..

We know what fox can do if they watched any film at all on the guy.. What does mikey have to do to figure out that if they were NO GOOD in SAN they will not be good here.. This is SAN safety part duex..

I guess I just like the fact that Barrett is a freak of nature. With his size and speed, I guess I'd like to give him a shot. I won't be crying if we don't though. At least Fox is a seasoned vet. I don't care who we put back there, I just hope that they can get the job done...at least decently.

D1g1tal j1m
11-28-2008, 12:03 AM
We are DOOMED I say DOOMED!!!

SR
11-28-2008, 12:56 AM
my dream team

CB Billy Thompson
CB Louis Wright
S Champ Bailey

Are you high? Why would you put one of the game's all time greatest corners, in Champ Bailey, at safety?

And why on Earth would you play Jack Williams at safety? He's like five foot nothing and is a corner. Seriously dude...

Simple Jaded
11-28-2008, 01:43 AM
We are DOOMED I say DOOMED!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZRDUO1wGQ

"Good gravy man! If the Broncos do not start Josh Barrett at safety, we are all.......DOOMED".......

LordTrychon
11-28-2008, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZRDUO1wGQ

"Good gravy man! If the Broncos do not start Josh Barrett at safety, we are all.......DOOMED".......

:laugh: :lol:

I seriously thought maybe it was a clip of Barrett....

I loved that commercial. Just watched it twice.:salute:

fcspikeit
11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I have not read this anywhere so if I am wrong dont kill me. BUT, I do have inside information. My Co-worker is good friends with him through church and their wives. He informed me today that he will be starting this weekend vs. the Jets. Fox has played for SD, WAS, and DET in the past. Hopefully if this is true and he does play, he can step up. Unlike the rest of the bums we played.

Great find on the info!

But I wouldn't say he was an improvement. On a bright note, I thought Barritt played pretty well. :D

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 10:34 PM
all i can say is my dead grandmother in a wheelchair is better than Manuel

Lonestar
11-30-2008, 10:39 PM
what the kid took on one play he gave back on almost the next one..

Was not overly impressed..

Rather play rookies and see what they have, than perpetuate the mediocrity we have had back there in deep center field since Atwater left..

At least if they play they know the system and while they may be beat on a rookie move they might have been in position on that long scoring play. Instead of playing 30 yards off and biting the wrong way and allowing the score being virtually untouched .. After all that is way they call it a safety..

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 10:42 PM
i was not impressed... he blew that big run.... but i watched his play throughout....

i think he can get better with some in-game experience....

i love watching young guys play....

i really think cutting Abdullah was stupid but thats another discussion

Lonestar
11-30-2008, 10:52 PM
i was not impressed... he blew that big run.... but i watched his play throughout..... Young kid playing in the real deal for his first time starting.....

i think he can get better with some in-game experience....

i love watching young guys play....

i really think cutting Abdullah was stupid but thats another discussion

briefly he got hurt and was not worth keeping any longer since mikey thought so highly of his prized FA acquisitions manuel and moron..