PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 game - Fox's post-game comments

Clipworthy
08-20-2011, 10:51 PM
"It's part of the rotation. Tebow got 1st last week, Quinn got 1st this week."

It's not about the team "dumping" Tebow. It's how they want to divide the playing time.

Tebow had to take over with a lead and run clock, so judging him based on his performance this game isn't fair at all... yet analysts are so quick to comment... can't wait for a week of ESPN headlines "TEBOW LOSES #2 TO QUINN"... :coffee:

As MaxBroncos said,
"Rock and a hard place. You'd like to throw w/ Tebow, but if you call passes with a 14-pt lead late in preseason game, you look like an ass."

Even though I didn't get nearly as much Tebow as I'd like to see, a positive coming out of this game: Brady Quinn increasing his trade value.

oh...and refreshing to say that.....

:defense::defense::defense::defense: DEFENSE IS BACK IN DENVER! :defense::defense::defense::defense:

Northman
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Quinn wont be traded. Denver needs 3 QB's on the roster anyway.

Clipworthy
08-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Quinn wont be traded. Denver needs 3 QB's on the roster anyway.

But why keep 3 with decent value? It isn't an intelligent team move. And no, you do not need 3 QB's, they got rid of that rule.

DenBronx
08-20-2011, 10:59 PM
But why keep 3 with decent value? It isn't an intelligent team move. And no, you do not need 3 QB's, they got rid of that rule.

Clearly Philly understands when to move a QB and Denver does not.

threefolddead
08-20-2011, 11:22 PM
I guess I don't see decent value out there for Quinn or Tebow. What do you consider decent? I'd rather keep them and cover our butts.

hamrob
08-20-2011, 11:34 PM
The problem started when nobody in the entire NFL was willing to surrender a 3rd round pick for Kyle Orton.

Wow.

That's like saying and QB you could draft in next year's draft is better than Orton.

Youch. Not alot of teams feel that Oron is very good. That's my guess.

Clipworthy
08-21-2011, 12:34 AM
I guess I don't see decent value out there for Quinn or Tebow. What do you consider decent? I'd rather keep them and cover our butts.

Let's face it, Quinn is at his highest value right now, because he's showing some potential (some...) for a team that's desperate

If they could get anything, like a decent rotation DT or a draft pick, wouldn't it be worth it? Quinn will be sitting on the bench, and if Orton did get hurt, the fans would "express frustration" (boo) Quinn until Tebow was put in... so him being here is basically meaningless.

MileHiWildcat
08-21-2011, 08:43 AM
I know something Fox can rotate on. This season will be Carolina 1-15 all over again.

Tned
08-21-2011, 08:47 AM

There was never a rule that you had to have three QBs. There were multiple seasons where Shanahan rolled the dice and chose to carry only 2 QBs, freeing up a roster spot for another player.

The rule change was simply related to how the third QB is treated on Sunday -- when he could play., because prior to this season, he wasn't actually among the active players --- sort of.

BroncoJoe
08-21-2011, 10:07 AM
The rule change actually promotes having an additional QB on the roster.

CoachChaz
08-21-2011, 10:07 AM
It's a rock and a hard place. If you deal Tebow, you get nothing in return for a guy that has a 20% chance of being a good NFL QB. Add to the fact that the blind love for the guy could start London-like riots and it's a losing scenario.

You cant trade Orton because he is most familiar with the offense...and quite honestly, no one wants him bad enough...yet.

You dont want to trade Quinn, because quite simply...he's by far the best QB on the roster and still young. He's definitely better than Kolb, except he wouldn't net a return like Philly got for Kolb because he hasnt had a chance to have success on a decent team yet. When that happens...his value will go up and we'll either keep him or trade him.

frauschieze
08-21-2011, 11:05 AM
As MaxBroncos said,
"Rock and a hard place. You'd like to throw w/ Tebow, but if you call passes with a 14-pt lead late in preseason game, you look like an ass."

Utter BS.

Preseason is about evaluation of players. Who cares if the score is 'run up'? Not the opposing team. They're in the same boat. The fans? Eff 'em.

Bronco9798
08-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Utter BS.

Preseason is about evaluation of players. Who cares if the score is 'run up'? Not the opposing team. They're in the same boat. The fans? Eff 'em.

Todd Haley.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/todd-haley-upset-with-john-harbaugh/

Tned
08-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Todd Haley.

Hey Niner, good to see you around.

I can't believe Harbough apologized to Haley.

Bronco9798
08-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I agree. I never would apologize to that thin wristed little smuck. I hate that *****.

Northman
08-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Harbaugh is all class thats why he did it. I was surprised myself when with only a minute left he had Taylor throw a bomb. I understand both sides of the coin here but Haley is starting to become a whiner. Dude needs to suck it up.