PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving (well, Thanksgiving Eve...)

G_Money
11-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Since I won't be around the rest of the week I figured I might as well slide this one out there now.

Thanksgiving is a time for family.

I don’t have any family close to me, so I’m spending it with a friend. But in what has been a very trying year for me, I wanted to thank all of you for humoring me and letting me ramble on about the Broncos while I pretended my marriage wasn’t going to hell in a handbasket. Once the basket arrived in hell and I was shipped off to the desert to wander for 40 years while eating flaky tree sap, y’all have remained very patient with my pages and pages and PAGES of Broncos posts.

I appreciate it.

Spend the holiday weekend safely, looking after and celebrating with loved ones, and eating far too much turkey, or ham, or tofurky, or whatever your holiday-jollied hearts desire.

Best wishes to you and yours.

~G

KCL
11-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Same to you G....Hope you have a good day!

I hope everyone on here has a nice day!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

frauschieze
11-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Happy Turkey day, G. Things'll get better. One day at a time. :hugs:

G_Money
11-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I’m not complainin’ Frau, my life’s fine, just…spartan. ;)

In the bare-essentials meaning of the term, not the having-sex-with-boys meaning.

You have a good turkey day too.

~G

Skinny
11-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Same to you G.

And please, keep speaking your mind and calling it like you see it. Alot of us would'nt want it any other way.

Lonestar
11-26-2008, 06:00 PM
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

slim
11-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Northman
11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope it goes well for all of you. \m/

haroldthebarrel
11-26-2008, 06:11 PM
There are some of your traditions I really dont understand.
There are some I think are very good and thanksgiving is something I honestly wish we celebrated ourselves.

So happy thanksgiving to all from somebody who celebrated it once and likely never again.

Lonestar
11-26-2008, 06:15 PM
http://www.cpmsglife.org/tg/td1.html

frenchfan
11-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Though it doesn't exist here, I wish you all a happy thanksgiving to everyone !

Have a great day
Eat some good turkey
Drink a lot (of champagne of course :D)

:beer:
:elefant:

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for the thread G, and thanks for your ramblings.

dogfish
11-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Since I won't be around the rest of the week I figured I might as well slide this one out there now.

Thanksgiving is a time for family.

I don’t have any family close to me, so I’m spending it with a friend. But in what has been a very trying year for me, I wanted to thank all of you for humoring me and letting me ramble on about the Broncos while I pretended my marriage wasn’t going to hell in a handbasket. Once the basket arrived in hell and I was shipped off to the desert to wander for 40 years while eating flaky tree sap, y’all have remained very patient with my pages and pages and PAGES of Broncos posts.

I appreciate it.

Spend the holiday weekend safely, looking after and celebrating with loved ones, and eating far too much turkey, or ham, or tofurky, or whatever your holiday-jollied hearts desire.

Best wishes to you and yours.

~G

the day you STOP posting pages and pages of sharp, insightful analysis is the day our patience will run out. . .

happy dirty bird day, everybody!!

girler
11-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

:flypig: :ridinghorse: :flybye: :duck: :flock: :target:

These were the closest smilies I could find to a turkey. Take a pick- which one would you choose???

Bronco Bible
11-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all @ Broncos forums.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

BroncoJoe
11-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Happy Thanksgiving from me and mine to you and yours!

Eat like a pig today.

MOtorboat
11-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I feel you G~, I will be once again spending Thanksgiving weekend with my "second family" this year, as my family is a long ways away.

fcspikeit
11-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Sorry to hear about your hard times G I wish you the best and thank you for everything you bring to this board. It wouldn't be the same with out you :salute:

I am getting ready to head to the football field. My family gets together to play every thanksgiving. In years past there have been upwards to around 50 people :sad: I hope there isn't that many this year.. LOL (They were not all family)

Requiem / The Dagda
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
A Happy Thanksgiving to all my Internet Family on Broncos Forums. No matter who you are with, try to find happiness in your day and remember to give your thanks to whomever or whatever you desire. Today I will thank God for blessing me with a wonderful family, for allowing me to be with them this year -- and to pray for the troops who cannot be at home with their families (as well as praying for their families) this year. I also give thanks to all of you for making this a great place to come, and will hope you all have safe travels to and from your destinations.

May your turkey's be juicy and meals bountiful.

Bless you all. Have a great one -- and don't be afraid to put on some pounds. You can type them off here later. :D

girler
11-27-2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11083639

32 strangers invited home for the holiday
A thankful Jeffco couple who turned adversity around will serve up a meal to those who responded to an online ad.
By Ann Schrader
The Denver Post
Updated: 11/27/2008 09:50:43 AM MST

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/1126/20081126__MoniqueWhite~p1.jpg

Tables stuffed into a south Jefferson County townhouse will be groaning with turkeys and trimmings today when as many as three dozen strangers gather.

It could be the beginning of a Thanksgiving tradition for Monique and Doug White, with this one jump-started by an online ad on Craigslist under "free stuff."

"Not only do we have the people coming over to eat, but we've had people offer to help," Monique White said Wednesday as she baked pumpkin pies and her husband rotated turkeys in and out of the oven. "This is a blessing on both sides."

A year ago, the Whites were living in a pop-up trailer at a friend's house, neither had a job and their trucking business had gone belly up.

Monique White said they got back on their feet, one step at a time. She's now a dental-office receptionist, he's an electrician and they have a home.

They had gotten through legal troubles that began in 2000 when Doug White pleaded guilty to misdemeanor harassment in a sex-offense case. In 2004, she pleaded guilty to keeping a place of prostitution and was sentenced to a suspended jail term.

"We've made mistakes. I have nothing to hide. I'm not a perfect person," Monique White said. "This is not me trying to go out and be somebody's hero. We have a little bit of turkey and a few seats at the table, and we just want people to share Thanksgiving and the fellowship and the holiday."

It's time, Monique White said, to give back, and that's when she came up with the idea of asking others to join them for a holiday feast.

Faced with a 16-pound bird for just the two of them, Monique White posted this ad last week on Craigslist: "We have room at our table this year. We have more places still available. We are opening our dinner to you.

"Maybe you are someone who is new in town and doesn't have anywhere to go. Maybe you are a small family that wouldn't be able to afford Thanksgiving dinner otherwise. Maybe you are just looking to change up your normal Thanksgiving tradition."

The e-mail responses arrived from people with no families, families with few resources for a holiday meal, single moms and the elderly.

Thirty-two replies, all together, and the Whites decided to turn none away.

"I never imagined this," Monique White said. The responses have revealed "just some beautiful souls with amazing stories."

Monique White's boss wrote a check to help, and others have volunteered a pie, tables and chairs, and beverages.

It won't be a gourmet meal, just a "good, edible meal" of seven turkeys, four hams, 12-15 pies, 100 rolls, cases of canned vegetables and soda. What isn't eaten will be donated to charity.

The offer to gather strangers together may have started something, she said, judging by the more than 5,000 e-mails she has received from as far away as Ireland. "Who knows what friendships can come from this?" she said.

Slick
11-27-2008, 03:53 PM
I am thankful for many things this year. One of which is my Mom is here at her apartment and she is cooking! Hope everyone has a good day.

BeefStew25
11-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I am drifting off into an unconscious state...someone date raped my tur......

Az Snake
11-27-2008, 04:22 PM

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/photo/2007/11/23/1123AFGHAN/20855511.JPG

topscribe
11-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Something special for Thanksgiving Day:

9ttDUGM-1mU

Happy Thanksgiving Day. Thank you to our veteran men and women.

-----

frauschieze
11-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and yours. Even despite all the chaos and heartache, I still have so much to be thankful for. Today is a glass half full day. :D

BeefStew25
11-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Cheese, I am full.

frauschieze
11-27-2008, 08:58 PM
I am full too, Beef. I am trying to make more room for dessert later.

BeefStew25
11-27-2008, 09:18 PM
I am full too, Beef. I am trying to make more room for dessert later.

Wife made cheeecake. I am jogging in place.

girler
11-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Last two siblings just left. I now have a quiet (kinda) house with turkey bones and other various leftovers to put away. I always hate that part. :laugh:

Today I had my mom and step dad, 6 siblings with their various significant others, 1 niece, 3 nephews, and 2 visiting dogs join our family for dinner. Great food, no fights, and fun games.

God bless us every one! :salute:

frauschieze
11-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Wife made cheeecake. I am jogging in place.

We've got a gingerbread pumpkin parfait thing. It smells good.....

frenchfan
11-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Just some questions... I know I could google it, but I'd prefer your answers :D

Where does thanksgiving come from? Why is it such a tradition in the US?
How do you usually "live" this day?

Thanks by advance for your answers

topscribe
11-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Just some questions... I know I could google it, but I'd prefer your answers :D

Where does thanksgiving come from? Why is it such a tradition in the US?
How do you usually "live" this day?

Thanks by advance for your answers

This should help:

http://www.rumela.com/events/thanks_index.htm
http://www.rumela.com/events/thanks_origin.htm

-----

LordTrychon
11-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Hope everyone had a good one. :D

Thnikkaman
11-30-2008, 06:06 PM