PDA

View Full Version : Tebow in danger of sliding to No. 3 on the depth chart

DenBronx
08-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT

Reuters
With the question of whether Tim Tebow will be the starting quarterback for the Broncos in 2011 now settled (he won’t be), the next question becomes whether Tebow will hold the No. 2 position behind Kyle Orton.

Tebow possibly won’t.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that, since the preseason opener, Quinn has been taking as many second-team reps as Tebow. Lately, Quinn has been taking second-team reps before Tebow. At a walk-through in advance of Saturday night’s game, Orton ran the “first-half” offense and Quinn led the “second-half offense.”

Quinn has even been taking some snaps with the first-team red zone offense.

Read the rest of the article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/tebow-in-danger-of-sliding-to-no-3-on-the-depth-chart/

DenBronx
08-20-2011, 04:48 PM
I support Tim fully, but he needs to stand out from the pack if he is going to show he is a FCQB.

Dzone
08-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Might have to accept that maybe Tebow wont see the field this year.

spikerman
08-20-2011, 04:55 PM

If he can't separate himself from the field we might have to accept that he won't ever see it as the Broncos' full time starting QB.

Agent of Orange
08-20-2011, 05:03 PM

I dont accept that. I'm a little more worried about how they perform in games and not on the practice field where they're not being tackled. It's kind of absurd how a game comes and goes and Tebow goes 6/7 but then practice rolls around and suddenly this kind of talk starts to emerge. Sorry but the games are more important.

atwater27
08-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I wonder if there is anybody left here who still wants to try to defend Josh McDaniels for drafting Tebow in the 1st round. any takers?

spikerman
08-20-2011, 05:11 PM
I dont accept that. I'm a little more worried about how they perform in games and not on the practice field where they're not being tackled. It's kind of absurd how a game comes and goes and Tebow goes 6/7 but then practice rolls around and suddenly this kind of talk starts to emerge. Sorry but the games are more important.

I think we'd all agree that games are the most important. Unfortunately for Tebow, he's still at the point in his career where he has to earn his playing time so he'll have to do well enough in practice to warrant running with the 1's in a game.

Dzone
08-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Im a huge fan of Tebow, but if he cant win the job between now and September 12, then he doesn't deserve to start. No individual is bigger than the team, I dont care what his name is.

Agent of Orange
08-20-2011, 05:19 PM
I think we'd all agree that games are the most important. Unfortunately for Tebow, he's still at the point in his career where he has to earn his playing time so he'll have to do well enough in practice to warrant running with the 1's in a game.

Considering he's performed better in games than Orton, Im not sure what this means. It's great that Orton is better at checking down in practice when he's not getting tackled but we all know they tackle in actual games.

spikerman
08-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Im a huge fan of Tebow, but if he cant win the job between now and September 12, then he doesn't deserve to start. No individual is bigger than the team, I dont care what his name is.

I totally agree with you, but I would make an exception in this case. I still think the smartest course of action for the Broncos in the long-term is to play Tebow anyway. I've said it several times and I still believe it - Denver is not a top tier team. They're better off finding out now if he has the ability to be the QB of the future, even if they have to sacrifice wins this year to do it. If they play Orton and/or Quinn this year they will go into next year STILL not knowing if they have their QB of the future on the roster.

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 05:27 PM
I hope Quinn tears it up and Orton shows his true colors.

I would love to see an actual QB competition.

UnderArmour
08-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I hope Quinn tears it up and Orton shows his true colors.

I would love to see an actual QB competition.

I hope they both tear it up and there is an injury somewhere that prompts a team to toss a 1st or two 2nd rounders for Orton.

Tned
08-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Quinn is number two tonight.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Quinn is number two tonight.

Oh my. That's not going to please the natives...

PAINTERDAVE
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM

I expect to see Tebow in the games,
contributing to the team with his skill set.

Don't forget.. it was John Fox who first introduced the wildcat
to the NFL with De'angelo Williams.. BEFORE they did it in Miami.

The new QB rules change this whole QB scenario.

Tebow can go in on goal line stands.... unlike the old days
where the 3rd string QB coming in means 1 and 2 are out for good.

I expect when Orton flounders in the red zone...
and shows Fox who he really is under pressure..
we will see Tebow in for a creative change of pace.

It is all about "winning now".. right?

Tebow is a weapon... I think Fox will use him.

It is the talking heads who are saying how bad Tim is...
the Broncos themselves (EFX) have his back.

Tebow's development, and contributions are a part of this team...
dont count him out.

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm happy with it. Let's see Quinn put some pressure on Orton. I would be ecstatic if Quinn could wrestle this job away from Orton, it would be better for the franchise IMHO.

Maybe Quinn could be our QBOTF.

PAINTERDAVE
08-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm happy with it. Let's see Quinn put some pressure on Orton. I would be ecstatic if Quinn could wrestle this job away from Orton, it would be better for the franchise IMHO.

Maybe Quinn could be our QBOTF.

Well.. we KNOW it aint Kyle!

Dzone
08-20-2011, 05:42 PM
We need to do everything we can possibly do to win NOW! If Tebow gives us the best chance to win, then put him in. If not, give the job to someone who does.

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 05:44 PM
I totally agree with you, but I would make an exception in this case. I still think the smartest course of action for the Broncos in the long-term is to play Tebow anyway. I've said it several times and I still believe it - Denver is not a top tier team. They're better off finding out now if he has the ability to be the QB of the future, even if they have to sacrifice wins this year to do it. If they play Orton and/or Quinn this year they will go into next year STILL not knowing if they have their QB of the future on the roster.

What a joke.

CoachChaz
08-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Good. Quinn is the better of the 3

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 05:47 PM

:lol:

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Quinn was who I wanted when it looked like it was a sure thing we we're going to trade Cutler. I never even imagined that idiot McDaniels would saddle us with the likes of Orton and then extend him so we're stuck with him for a third year now.

Here's to Quinn coming out on top of this shit. I doubt it will happen though as it seems Orton has been handed the starting job yet again with no competition.

We'll be drafting a QB next season and once again neglecting a defensive line that is in dire need of upgrading.

spikerman
08-20-2011, 05:49 PM
What a joke.

Care to elaborate?

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
What a joke.

Care to elaborate?

It's safe to say that Fox and Elway do not believe he has the ability, at least not right now.

spikerman
08-20-2011, 05:53 PM
It's safe to say that Fox and Elway do not believe he has the ability, at least not right now.

He probably can't lead the team to many wins, but I don't think any QB could right now. I think it's more about seeing if he has the potential or the "it" factor.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 05:54 PM
He probably can't lead the team to many wins, but I don't think any QB could right now. I think it's more about seeing if he has the potential or the "it" factor.

I'm glad Fox has more confidence in this team being able to win, than you do.

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Care to elaborate?

Just the fact you want the Broncos 2011 season to be an experiment at the expense of thier success.......makes me laugh.

spikerman
08-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm glad Fox has more confidence in this team being able to win, than you do.

Whether he does or not he's not going to openly discuss it like the fans are. I would very much love to be wrong, but this team doesn't look to be all that strong in any phase of the game. Of course, that's to be expected when rebuilding.

spikerman
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Just the fact you want the Broncos 2011 season to be an experiment at the expense of thier success.......makes me laugh.

I'm looking/hoping for long-term success, not a(nother) .500 season.

PAINTERDAVE
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Quinn was who I wanted when it looked like it was a sure thing we we're going to trade Cutler. I never even imagined that idiot McDaniels would saddle us with the likes of Orton and then extend him so we're stuck with him for a third year now.

Here's to Quinn coming out on top of this shit. I doubt it will happen though as it seems Orton has been handed the starting job yet again with no competition.

We'll be drafting a QB next season and once again neglecting a defensive line that is in dire need of upgrading.

I would like to see Orton play with the 2nd string.

I'd like to see Kyle scrambling behind that porous 2nd string O-line..
against the 1st string defenders...
then we'd see what Kyle is really made of...

That point illustrates that there really never was a QB competition here.

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Whether he does or not he's not going to openly discuss it like the fans are. I would very much love to be wrong, but this team doesn't look to be all that strong in any phase of the game. Of course, that's to be expected when rebuilding.

Lets all just throw in the towell then...:coffee:

Thank god the managment is more competitive that some of their fans.

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Nope Dave, there hasn't been a competition for three straight years. We've handed the starting job to a backup for three straight seasons, and the two of those seasons that have actually been played were two of the most heartbreaking seasons in Broncos history. Go figure.

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:05 PM
I would like to see Orton play with the 2nd string.

I'd like to see Kyle scrambling behind that porous 2nd string O-line..
against the 1st string defenders...
then we'd see what Kyle is really made of...

That point illustrates that there really never was a QB competition here.

Now that your tebowner has gone flat, your making up stuff like, "well, there never was a real competition anyways....". Total BS.

Orton never has to be 2nd string for their to be a "real competition" if hes been the best Qb in Foxs eyes.

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Nope Dave, there hasn't been a competition for three straight years. We've handed the starting job to a backup for three straight seasons, and the two of those seasons that have actually been played were two of the most heartbreaking seasons in Broncos history. Go figure.

This is some funny stuff. Fans get hartbroken because nobody can beat Orton out of the starting job, between 2 coaches, and NOW theirs no true competition......DENIAL!

Medford Bronco
08-20-2011, 06:09 PM

He has never been given a shot either. I want to see what he does. What does he have like 5 NFL starts in 2009?

Dzone
08-20-2011, 06:10 PM
If Quinn starts 70% then he makes about and extra $6Milliion. If Im Quinn Im going to light it up and take over this team and make a shitload of dough!!!

spikerman
Lets all just throw in the towell then...:coffee:

Thank god the managment is more competitive that some of their fans.

It's not about being competitive. I would venture to say that I'm as competitive (or more) as most people. Hopefully the team is not as short-sighted as "some" of their fans.

Unless you believe that the Broncos are going to re-sign Orton, then why wouldn't you think that Denver will be in the exact same position at this time next year - going into the season with an unkown at QB?

The difference is next year's team should be stronger in all facets than this one. Wouldn't it be nice to know if the guy you have under center can handle it? We know what Orton can do. He can't carry a team and this team will need to be carried at times. Can Tebow carry the team? Maybe not, but it would be good to either see some flashes or see enough to know that he isn't the answer so they can draft a QB early next year.

chazoe60
This is some funny stuff. Fans get hartbroken because nobody can beat Orton out of the starting job, between 2 coaches, and NOW theirs no true competition......DENIAL!

Sorry, but when one guy is given virtually every snap with the first team it truly is not a competition.

PAINTERDAVE
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
It has never been that "Tebow is better right now"..

it is that we know ORTON is mediocre.... not a long term solution.

I was excited when we traded for Quinn.

I think Tebow has a bright future.

I have zero faith in Kyle "Mopey" Orton.

I want my team to win.. and keep winning.

I want the rebuild to include the QB position.

Heck.. I am excited that they will draft another QB next year.

I am excited that in 2012 we will be seeing a true competiton at the QB spot.

Orton will be gone in 4 months..
until then we will endure his mediocrity.

PAINTERDAVE
08-20-2011, 06:16 PM
He has never been given a shot either. I want to see what he does. What does he have like 5 NFL starts in 2009?

I think 7 total starts....IIRC

dogfish
08-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Oh my. That's not going to please the natives...

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/958/52551486083fe3864ec8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/52551486083fe3864ec8.jpg/)

Tebow angry. . . Tebow SMASH!!

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
It's not about being competitive. I would venture to say that I'm as competitive (or more) as most people. Hopefully the team is not as short-sighted as "some" of their fans.

Unless you believe that the Broncos are going to re-sign Orton, then why wouldn't you think that Denver will be in the exact same position at this time next year - going into the season with an unkown at QB?

The difference is next year's team should be stronger in all facets than this one. Wouldn't it be nice to know if the guy you have under center can handle it? We know what Orton can do. He can't carry a team and this team will need to be carried at times. Can Tebow carry the team? Maybe not, but it would be good to either see some flashes or see enough to know that he isn't the answer so they can draft a QB early next year.

Its ALL about being competitive in the NFL (Not For Long...)!!!!!!

THIS season matters more right now that next. The Broncos will field their best players, no matter what, to give them the best chance to win RIGHT NOW. IF the Broncos are as bad as you imply, the guess what, Tebow/Quinn will get a look at when the Broncos are out of the playoff hunt. THEN Fox cant get a look when the success of the Qb experiment doesnt jepordize the chances of the Broncos winning. Its simple really, yet many of you guys cant see how NFL teams operate.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Tebow angry. . . Tebow SMASH!!

LMFAO...this is what I imagine UofF West fans are doing right now. I wonder how many televisions have been ruined by this news?

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Sorry, but when one guy is given virtually every snap with the first team it truly is not a competition.

Clady has never worked with the #2s. Does that mean there was never a competition. NO. Same goes for every player who is the best at thier position.

It has never been that "Tebow is better right now"..
it is that we know ORTON is mediocre.... not a long term solution.

I was excited when we traded for Quinn.

I think Tebow has a bright future.

I have zero faith in Kyle "Mopey" Orton.

I want my team to win.. and keep winning.

I want the rebuild to include the QB position.

Heck.. I am excited that they will draft another QB next year.

I am excited that in 2012 we will be seeing a true competiton at the QB spot.

Orton will be gone in 4 months..
until then we will endure his mediocrity.

That is precisely what its about to those making the decisions...

Dzone
08-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Quinn is moving up, Tebow sliding back...Listening to the radio, people are saying Tebow is finished..His career is over...His confidence is trashed...He shouldnt have been playing so much golf and signing so many books..Tebow was ******* off all summer and now it shows...hahaha...we have the best ******* fans!!!
:pound:

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Quinn is moving up, Tebow sliding back...Listening to the radio, people are saying Tebow is finished..His career is over...He shouldnt have been playing so much golf and signing so many books..Tebow was ******* off all summer and now it shows...hahaha...we have the best ******* fans!!!
:pound:

As opposed to people screaming and moaning about how great he is and how he's entitled to the job, and how DARE John Fox not start him?

Yup...

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Both sides are stupid.

spikerman
08-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Its ALL about being competitive in the NFL (Not For Long...)!!!!!!

THIS season matters more right now that next. The Broncos will field their best players, no matter what, to give them the best chance to win RIGHT NOW. IF the Broncos are as bad as you imply, the guess what, Tebow/Quinn will get a look at when the Broncos are out of the playoff hunt. THEN Fox cant get a look when the success of the Qb experiment doesnt jepordize the chances of the Broncos winning. Its simple really, yet many of you guys cant see how NFL teams operate.

I understand very well how the NFL operates. In fact I know enough about it that I can see trends and habits that keep bad teams bad. I see Denver following some of those poor habits. Not that I'm comparing T.T. to P. Manning (because that would be ridiculous), but at one time the Colts had to make a decision to play him instead of the established vet they had behind him. IIRC the Colts went 3-13 that first year and the next year they went 13-3 and have been very good ever since. The Colts realized that they had to bite the bullet for long-term success. That's what I think Denver needs to do as well.

Nothing would make me happier than to be completely wrong and have the Broncos challenge for the playoffs and further, but I just don't see it happening.

Lancane
08-20-2011, 06:35 PM
LMFAO...this is what I imagine UofF West fans are doing right now. I wonder how many televisions have been ruined by this news?

They own televisions? :confused:

Lancane
08-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Both sides are stupid.

Yes and your side is obviously filled with brilliant geniuses! :heh:

Clipworthy
08-20-2011, 06:37 PM
If Quinn takes the #2 away from Tebow, anyone who thinks he'll last more than 1 game like that is extremely delusional.

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Yep, embracing Orton after all he's showed us is brilliant.

Lancane
08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
If Quinn takes the #2 away from Tebow, anyone who thinks he'll last more than 1 game like that is extremely delusional.

That's pure conjecture at this point, we really don't know which way they'll go for (pre-season) game three.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Why?

Clipworthy
08-20-2011, 06:43 PM
That's pure conjecture at this point, we really don't know which way they'll go for (pre-season) game three.

and of course Quinn and Orton are going to look better than Tebow at a practice, that's just the way it is. They are QB's that rely on accuracy, and that is all that practice demonstrates. The end of game 1 was no different, Quinn had no pressure and the defense he was up against was meh compared to the rest of the game. Hardly a reflection of a real game.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 06:45 PM

and of course Quinn and Orton are going to look better than Tebow at a practice, that's just the way it is. They are QB's that rely on accuracy, and that is all that practice demonstrates. The end of game 1 was no different, Quinn had no pressure and the defense he was up against was meh compared to the rest of the game. Hardly a reflection of a real game.

I prefer an accurate quarterback, myself...

iyoungwoni1985
08-20-2011, 06:46 PM

I expect to see Tebow in the games,
contributing to the team with his skill set.

Don't forget.. it was John Fox who first introduced the wildcat
to the NFL with De'angelo Williams.. BEFORE they did it in Miami.

The new QB rules change this whole QB scenario.

Tebow can go in on goal line stands.... unlike the old days
where the 3rd string QB coming in means 1 and 2 are out for good.

I expect when Orton flounders in the red zone...
and shows Fox who he really is under pressure..
we will see Tebow in for a creative change of pace.

It is all about "winning now".. right?

Tebow is a weapon... I think Fox will use him.

It is the talking heads who are saying how bad Tim is...
the Broncos themselves (EFX) have his back.

Tebow's development, and contributions are a part of this team...
dont count him out.

Orton is are best QB and gives us the best chance to win

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I understand very well how the NFL operates. In fact I know enough about it that I can see trends and habits that keep bad teams bad. I see Denver following some of those poor habits. Not that I'm comparing T.T. to P. Manning (because that would be ridiculous), but at one time the Colts had to make a decision to play him instead of the established vet they had behind him. IIRC the Colts went 3-13 that first year and the next year they went 13-3 and have been very good ever since. The Colts realized that they had to bite the bullet for long-term success. That's what I think Denver needs to do as well.

Nothing would make me happier than to be completely wrong and have the Broncos challenge for the playoffs and further, but I just don't see it happening.

"Not that I'm comparing T.T. to P. Manning (because that would be ridiculous), but...." LMAO then dont!

This is what Northman does all the time. If theres no comparison then DONT compare them. Its that easy.

Your point though of "bitting the bullet" with a rookie has NEVER been the case with a soild Qb on the roster. Im talking about a productive, average NFL caliber player. Rookies dont start over them, period. You sure as hell dont understand very well how the NFL operates my friend.

I embrace whats best for the Broncos, whatever that might be. Give it a try.

Clipworthy
08-20-2011, 06:47 PM

Pure accuracy means nothing when they curl up in a ball when the games on the line

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 06:49 PM

Pure accuracy means nothing when they curl up in a ball when the games on the line

Yup, accuracy means nothing.

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 06:49 PM
"Not that I'm comparing T.T. to P. Manning (because that would be ridiculous), but...." LMAO then dont!

This is what Northman does all the time. If theres no comparison then DONT compare them. Its that easy.

Your point though of "bitting the bullet" with a rookie has NEVER been the case with a soild Qb on the roster. Im talking about a productive, average NFL caliber player. Rookies dont start over them, period. You sure as hell dont understand very well how the NFL operates my friend.

I don't consider starting Orton to best for the long term success of this franchise. Your opinion differs from mine, that's all.

Lancane
08-20-2011, 06:50 PM

Neither does tucking the ball and running on 3rd and long when there is a receiver open down field with room to spare, and even worse when the runner falls short of a first down.

If we're going to be honest, let's be honest all the way around.

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Quinn may be the only guy on the roster who is actually franchise QB material.

I would be so happy if Quinn becomes our guy.

iyoungwoni1985

I like this

Clipworthy
Yup, accuracy means nothing.

Forget to read the rest of that sentence? :coffee:

Clipworthy
08-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Neither does tucking the ball and running on 3rd and long when there is a receiver open down field with room to spare, and even worse when the runner falls short of a first down.

If we're going to be honest, let's be honest all the way around.

If we're going to be honest, then let's not critique Tebow's decision-making when his options are to throw to a bunch of undrafted WR's that won't even be in the league a week from now after getting 2 running plays by the borderline terrible running backs for a whopping 2 yards OR to tuck and run because no one is even remotely open because of terrible catered play design for the athletes on the field at the time.

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't consider starting Orton to best for the long term success of this franchise. Your opinion differs from mine, that's all.

Too bad Fox isnt gameplanning for the 2012 season then. That must really piss you off! Better yet, Fox should start EVER UNKNOW PLAYER just to see what hes like when the lights are on! Hell, lets start our practice squad this season!

NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! :elefant:

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Too bad Fox isnt gameplanning for the 2012 season then. That must really piss you off! Better yet, Fox should start EVER UNKNOW PLAYER just to see what hes like when the lights are on! Hell, lets start our practice squad this season!

NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! :elefant:

No let's just start the guy whose gone 11-17 and absolutely fallen apart at every moment we've needed him most. Let's start the guy on a one year contract who has very little chance of returning. Let's start the guy whose led the team to two of its worst seasons ever.

Again differing opinions man. I want to see this team win some more SBs not wallow in mediocrity.

Lancane
08-20-2011, 07:03 PM
If we're going to be honest, then let's not critique Tebow's decision-making when his options are to throw to a bunch of undrafted WR's that won't even be in the league a week from now after getting 2 running plays by the borderline terrible running backs for a whopping 2 yards OR to tuck and run because no one is even remotely open because of terrible catered play design for the athletes on the field at the time.

That's not honesty, it's bullshit... one of the same receivers was on the other end of his forty yard completion and he's suddenly not good enough? Another was Anderson who has been a steadfast rotational receiver and backup in the league...now your saying he won't remain in the league?

And he didn't tuck and run because no receivers were open he just tucked and ran because he doesn't know how to check-down correctly or look to other options outside the main receivers of the same said designed play. And if everything has to be scripted for him then it's Tebow who won't be in the league for long, coaches don't like having to plan everything like they're working at a daycare center.

NorCalBronco7
08-20-2011, 07:04 PM
No let's just start the guy whose gone 11-17 and absolutely fallen apart at every moment we've needed him most. Let's start the guy on a one year contract who has very little chance of returning. Let's start the guy whose led the team to two of its worst seasons ever.

Again differing opinions man. I want to see this team win some more SBs not wallow in mediocrity.

Thats what the Broncos are gonna do, so sleep tight.

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Thats what the Broncos are gonna do, so sleep tight.

We're going to win SBs with Orton?

spikerman
08-20-2011, 07:10 PM

Apparently the point of my post passed over your head. That was probably my fault and I should have been more clear. If you'll re-read my post, I did not compare T.T. to Manning, I only compared their situations. That's something very different. I don't know who Manning's backup was in 1998, but I think Jim Harbaugh was there until at least the year before. I think most NFL people would tell you that Harbaugh was at least as good as Orton.

I'm not anti-Orton and my argument isn't just to get him out of the lineup. If the Broncos have decided that he is not the QB of the future it's time to start grooming one or at least identifying if he's on the roster.

I won't debate you about who has more knowledge or who's a better fan because that's simply immature, but I will just say that I've been around the game and the Broncos long enough to feel very secure in both.

Slick
08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Don't you guys get tired of typing the same thing over and over and over????

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
08-20-2011, 08:52 PM

regulate on these fools, babycakes. . . .

:heh:

Lancane
08-20-2011, 08:59 PM

No...not really but thanks for caring...you're so sweet! :D

BroncoStud
08-20-2011, 09:02 PM
I wonder if there is anybody left here who still wants to try to defend Josh McDaniels for drafting Tebow in the 1st round. any takers?

D. Thomas was drafted before Tebow, don't hear you trashing him, where is all the bashing of Robert Ayers, who has done squat and yet again drafted higher than Tebow by McDouche.

Tebow has played well when given the opportunity. Last year while crapping his pants on the field, Brady Quinn looked like a scared girl with a noodle arm, yet Tebow rallied the Broncos and outscored our starting QB in his 3 starts, which included a 17 point comeback win.

Florio can post whatever he likes, he has to attack a hot topic to get ratings, annd Quinn deserves a fair shot with not only the 2nd team but also the 1st team in every preseason game, as does Tebow, as does Orton. We don't have an elite QB, the position should be up for grabs.

silkamilkamonico
08-20-2011, 09:50 PM
1 - tebow could very be on his way out of denver.

2 - any one here who is holding out some kind of blind hope that orton or quinn is somehow going to miraculously step up and become the franchise qb denver needs is losing perspective of just what denvers expectations of a franchise qb should be.

Lancane
08-20-2011, 09:53 PM
1 - tebow could very be on his way out of denver.

2 - any one here who is holding out some kind of blind hope that orton or quinn is somehow going to miraculously step up and become the franchise qb denver needs is losing perspective of just what denvers expectations of a franchise qb should be.

You know people will be bitching when we draft a first round quarterback and wait till the second to start adding defensive tackles.

Dzone
08-20-2011, 10:03 PM
perrish cox ffaked outta his jock..Cut him, cut him , cut him!!!

Dzone
08-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Alfred Williams just predicted double digit wins this year...someone needs to tell him to chill out and stop being so optimistic. Doesnt he know Detroit went 0-16?...:pound:

Lancane
08-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Alfred Williams talking about quarterbacks, using football jargon gives me a migraine!

:laugh:

broncoFan!
08-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I think it's funny how fast fans change their opinions on players.

Mcdaniels drafts Tebow- "FRANCHISE QB ZOMG!!!"

Mcfired.

Fox hired.

Tebow 1 average pre-season game, one bad preseason game. "He's done in Denver."

Sums up how fans seem to feel about Tebow right now.

Northman
08-20-2011, 10:51 PM

Mcfired.

Fox hired.

Not for me. I hated it when we drafted him, especially that high. And having watched him a lot in college i didnt think his ability would translate well into the pro's. However, after watching and analyzing his 3 games last year he made me a believer that he might be something at the pro level. And although i know he didnt get much time it doesnt look like he took that time seriously which all falls down on him. Sure, he has some scrubs. Just like McGee for Dallas had scrubs last week, same with Quinn.

The thing is though man, when you look at the comments Quinn makes vs Tebow its almost night and day. Quinn seems like he is really driven to prove something while Tebow is almost going ho-hum about it. The thing is, maybe he is beaten down but isnt this the kind of moment where he usually shines? I dont even hear about those leadership qualities anymore. Its almost as if Tebow has gone into a shell when he should be acting like Quinn and trying to remain positive no matter how much playing time he gets.

I want the kid to succeed, i hate watching Orton but Tim needs to take advantage of EVERY opportunity he gets or his window will close fast no matter what team he trys to play for.

Agent of Orange
08-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Not for me. I hated it when we drafted him, especially that high. And having watched him a lot in college i didnt think his ability would translate well into the pro's. However, after watching and analyzing his 3 games last year he made me a believer that he might be something at the pro level. And although i know he didnt get much time it doesnt look like he took that time seriously which all falls down on him. Sure, he has some scrubs. Just like McGee for Dallas had scrubs last week, same with Quinn.

The thing is though man, when you look at the comments Quinn makes vs Tebow its almost night and day. Quinn seems like he is really driven to prove something while Tebow is almost going ho-hum about it. The thing is, maybe he is beaten down but isnt this the kind of moment where he usually shines? I dont even hear about those leadership qualities anymore. Its almost as if Tebow has gone into a shell when he should be acting like Quinn and trying to remain positive no matter how much playing time he gets.
I want the kid to succeed, i hate watching Orton but Tim needs to take advantage of EVERY opportunity he gets or his window will close fast no matter what team he trys to play for.

There are factions in the locker room.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 11:21 PM

There are factions in the locker room.

Who is supporting who? This ought to be interesting....

Northman
08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Who is supporting who? This ought to be interesting....

What do you mean who is supporting who?

horsepig
08-21-2011, 01:05 AM

Mcfired.

Fox hired.

Good Friday night! Quinn looks ****** unbeatable!

claymore
08-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Lets not forget that McDaniels was a terrible coach. The mess we are in isnt Ortons fault. Predictable game plans, and shitty play calling is what screwed us. We are alot better with Orton as our QB, and alot better than people think.

"Last year we had third-and-3 and we were getting the toughest looks to pass into in the league," Orton said. "Run the ball on third down and run the ball in the red zone — you add that to the offense we had last year and we can have a top-five offense."

atwater27
08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
D. Thomas was drafted before Tebow, don't hear you trashing him,I have most definitely trashed McD for drafting injury prone receivers. where is all the bashing of Robert Ayers, Are you kidding? Everyone knows we struck out on Ayerswho has done squat and yet again drafted higher than Tebow by McDouche.

Tebow has played well when given the opportunity. Last year while crapping his pants on the field, Brady Quinn looked like a scared girl with a noodle arm, yet Tebow rallied the Broncos and outscored our starting QB in his 3 starts, which included a 17 point comeback win.

Florio can post whatever he likes, he has to attack a hot topic to get ratings, annd Quinn deserves a fair shot with not only the 2nd team but also the 1st team in every preseason game, as does Tebow, as does Orton. We don't have an elite QB, the position should be up for grabs.

Dude. Regardless of what happened last season, Tebow is being clearly, concisely and inarguably outplayed in training camp and in preseason games by Orton and Quinn. That is ******* sad.