PDA

View Full Version : Woody Paige: Tebow will eventually replace Orton again

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Tim Tebow will be the Broncos' starting quarterback this season.

(Wait for it.)

But The Tebow Thing won't happen until Dec. 11.

Guess who's coming to Denver then?

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18721489?source=rss

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 01:20 PM
The odds are good that Orton gets replaced sometime this season. He has never finished a season as the starter, it's unbelievable to me that he's been allowed to begin so many seasons as the starter. Hopefully we learn our lesson and we let him walk next offseason.

My worst nightmare is EFX giving him some kind of extension.

underrated29
08-20-2011, 02:03 PM
I predictes that week eight the lions would put orton out of his misery

JaxBroncoGirl
08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Not sure when Tebow will start but Orton did not do the Bronco Nation any favors for turning down the Miami deal. Orton has always put Orton first, that is going to be his demise. My problem with the last 2 years has been inconsistency when it comes to QB mentoring and playing with the first stringers. How can any QB make it unless he is given time to work with the 1st team or without mentoring. It was stated last year McDummy did not mentor nor have Tebow work with the first string at all. Tebow comes in the final 3 games and does ok. Not great, but compared to our Kyle Orton an 8 year vetran Tebow did ok. Fast forward, lockout again no mentoring and a new system and still working with the 2nd stringers.

Hope the Broncos can get it together this year, just wish Orton would go away and this team move forward regardless if it includes Tebow or not.

The Broncos Deserve Better than Orton. What he did with the Miami deal stinks.

getlynched47
08-20-2011, 02:29 PM
We've seen the best of Kyle Orton.

If he flops us to an under-.500 record by mid-season, John Fox has no choice but to replace Orton with Tebow.

We have yet to see what Tebow can do with extended playing time (no, 3 games is not enough)

SoCalImport
08-20-2011, 02:32 PM
"Orton has always put Orton first, that is going to be his demise."

lol. Orton did what anyone in his shoes would do.

The idea that ANY pro athlete would choose the "good of the team" (as only some see it) or be concerned about the fans (again only some) when the real issue is his huge paycheck is ludicrous.

He's never done anything that pegs him as a bad guy. The idea that choosing not to take a pay cut makes anyone "selfish" is just silly.

Orton right now is a better QB than Tebow. I've had to accept that and I'm glad he's still a Bronco (unless Quinn ends up the starter. Then I'm bummed Orton is getting all that cash from the Broncos)

I like Tebow. I think there's a good chance he'll be a very good pro QB in another 1-3 years.

FireAce
08-20-2011, 03:29 PM
"Orton has always put Orton first, that is going to be his demise."

lol. Orton did what anyone in his shoes would do.

The idea that ANY pro athlete would choose the "good of the team" (as only some see it) or be concerned about the fans (again only some) when the real issue is his huge paycheck is ludicrous.

He's never done anything that pegs him as a bad guy. The idea that choosing not to take a pay cut makes anyone "selfish" is just silly.

Orton right now is a better QB than Tebow. I've had to accept that and I'm glad he's still a Bronco (unless Quinn ends up the starter. Then I'm bummed Orton is getting all that cash from the Broncos)

I like Tebow. I think there's a good chance he'll be a very good pro QB in another 1-3 years.
I like Tebow. I think Quinn can be very good. Orton is our starter for now but he doesn't have that edge to him it takes to win games. In the redzone he is not one who shows any confidence. I hope our running game improves drastically or Orton will not finish the season starting. With that said Orton is a bronco and I will cheer for him or any qb under center.

BroncoStud
08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I predictes that week eight the lions would put orton out of his misery

A Suh bodyslam won't be a good thing for Orton.

Agent of Orange
08-20-2011, 03:58 PM
A Suh bodyslam won't be a good thing for Orton.

Suh probably wont get a chance to sack Orton. Orton will probably fall to the ground before Suh gets a chance to tackle him. That's just the kind of guy Orton is.

TXBRONC
08-20-2011, 05:26 PM
The odds are good that Orton gets replaced sometime this season. He has never finished a season as the starter, it's unbelievable to me that he's been allowed to begin so many seasons as the starter. Hopefully we learn our lesson and we let him walk next offseason.

He finished the '09 season as the starting quarterback.

PAINTERDAVE
08-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Orton is clearly looking for a multi year ..
10 million dollar a year deal.

I dont think EFX is dumb enough to give
Kyle "Stopgap" Orton like 40 million dollars....
with a bunch of that guaranteed...

PAINTERDAVE
08-20-2011, 06:08 PM
He finished the '09 season as the starting quarterback.

You are correct..

Kyle finished in 2009..
going 2-8 after the bye week.

Kyle won 3 games last year.

5 wins for Orton since October of 2009. :rolleyes:

Yippeeee!

Dzone
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Quinn is going to beat out Orton and everyone will be happy! Brady Quinn! Get used to it!!!!!

broncoFan!
08-20-2011, 10:50 PM

If that happens I lose what little faith I have in this FO. Perhaps Sports Authority needs a cleaning straight through and getting a coach that can work with Tebow.