PDA

View Full Version : Quinn wants a shot with the first stringers/Lee says he has stronger arm than Manning

Northman
08-19-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d82193536/article/quinn-battles-tebow-for-no-2-wants-shot-to-lead-broncos?module=HP11_headline_stack

"I'm going to tell you this right now: Brady Quinn has a stronger arm than both the Manning brothers," Lee told The Denver Post this week. "No question. I worked them all out.

"I feel like I can compete with anyone, given a fair chance," Quinn told The Post. "I mean, heck, throwing to (starting receiver) Brandon Lloyd every play? Give me that chance."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-19-2011, 05:18 PM
.....waiting for, "I've got a stronger arm than Elway" :laugh:

chazoe60
08-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I would love to see Quinn beat out Orton, unfortunately the QB competition in camp is basically sham. For whatever reason Orton has been handed the starting job from day 1 for the third year in a row. I just hope Fox realizes his mistake quickly once he sees how bad Orton actually is when the games get real.

Dzone
08-19-2011, 05:50 PM
^I hope youre right, but the Fox-Orton love fest looks to be the real deal...

BroncoStud
08-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Quinn sure has struggles with his downfield longballs to have such a cannon attached to his shoulder... Give him a shot, what's the WORST that can happen? We win 4 games? Oh wait...

GEM
08-19-2011, 06:22 PM
After watching Quinn at the scrimmage, he throws a beautiful spiral. He just gets indecisive when there is a defense on the field. I don't see him getting a shot to go with the first team. I really don't see anyone getting that shot until it's too late and we're playing for nothing.

Clipworthy
08-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Who doesn't have a stronger arm than the Manning brothers? Spaghetti limbs

bcbronc
08-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd say its a pretty safe bet that if Orton got injured and couldn't start WK1 we'd be seeing Quinn, not Tebow, in relief.

For all the mud flung at Quinn because he's so purdy, imo he's got the most upside of the QBs on the roster.

I think I'm going to cry into every post I make from here on out a out how unfair life is because Quinn's not getting any reps with the #1s. How is he supposed toi develop if he doesn't get first team repssssssssssss whaaaaaa!

Seriously though, it would be great for this org if he could live up to his draft position.

Northman
08-19-2011, 06:39 PM
I'd say its a pretty safe bet that if Orton got injured and couldn't start WK1 we'd be seeing Quinn, not Tebow, in relief.

For all the mud flung at Quinn because he's so purdy, imo he's got the most upside of the QBs on the roster.

I think I'm going to cry into every post I make from here on out a out how unfair life is because Quinn's not getting any reps with the #1s. How is he supposed toi develop if he doesn't get first team repssssssssssss whaaaaaa!

Seriously though, it would be great for this org if he could live up to his draft position.

Well, in Tebow's defense he didnt get to start for another franchise and fail like Quinn did but i get your point. There's no crying in Football.

dogfish
08-19-2011, 06:42 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9417/cryingbabypictures.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/cryingbabypictures.jpg/)

"B-b-b-ut I wanna plaaaaaay! Dad said I could play!"

shut it you ****ing tool!

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 06:47 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9417/cryingbabypictures.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/cryingbabypictures.jpg/)

"B-b-b-ut I wanna plaaaaaay! Dad said I could play!"

shut it you ****ing tool!

Yeah, f*** him for wanting to play. Get that shitty attitude off our team. Let's sign a bunch of players who are happy sitting on the bench! :rolleyes:

sneakers
08-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Win with QUINN!

MOtorboat
08-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah, f*** him for wanting to play. Get that shitty attitude off our team. Let's sign a bunch of players who are happy sitting on the bench! :rolleyes:

Opposed to the entitled Tebow "It was taken away from me" this is a blip on the radar.

Good players go and rip the starting position away and demand it. Weak players whine about entitlements.

bcbronc
08-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Opposed to the entitled Tebow "It was taken away from me" this is a blip on the radar.

ya, be interesting to hear what Quinn thought of those comments by Tebow.

Watchthemiddle
08-19-2011, 10:45 PM

Good players go and rip the starting position away and demand it. Weak players whine about entitlements.

Yup...he is so good that he is third string and hasn't done squat in the NFL yet. He is really RIPPING away that starting position.

:coffee:

Lancane
08-19-2011, 10:54 PM
ya, be interesting to hear what Quinn thought of those comments by Tebow.

Probably felt a wave of relief, he's been just as jerked around as Tebow, in actuality more then Tim; McDaniels traded for him and he was given the impression that he'd be competing for the starting job against Orton, but we all know how McDaniels insinuations are rather misconception and lies. So he drafts Tebow, but not before he tries to trade up for the quarterback Bowlen wanted, Sam Bradford, and in that added the most popular project in recent NFL memory to the roster and all things point to the opposite of what he's been told. Now a year later, a coach later and he's told that it's an open competition, but that's not true. He's sitting there after all this being quiet while Orton is booed, slights the fans, Tebow cries about the injustice only to recant his story.

Let's face it, we're a Daytime Soap Opera right now and have been since Bowlen hired McDaniels and it may not get better anytime soon. So I'd say he's relieved that he's taken a backseat to the drama, though he's not been given a fair shot, I think he'll role with it and go elsewhere next year. Denver keeps yanking people's chains and fewer and fewer will want to come here, we'll be the next Cleveland of the NFL.

bcbronc
08-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Yup...he is so good that he is third string and hasn't done squat in the NFL yet. He is really RIPPING away that starting position.

I dunno WtM, you're being a bit harsh on Tebow in my opinion. Sure, he's third string now, but he did make a couple of nice plays vs non-playoff teams that were officially eliminated from contention last year. It's not much, granted, but it's more than squat.

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 11:24 PM

Your hate-on is showing.

HammeredOut
08-20-2011, 03:13 AM
buddys gotta be drunk... quinville is drunk...

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Your hate-on is showing.

I didn't make those comments up.

Where is the outrage over that? He wanted the starting position given to him...now he's struggling to win the back up role.

These two things are not hate...they are what is actually happening here. I'm as disappointed as anyone. I expect first round quarterbacks to push "career backups" for the starting position, not end up third string behind both of them.

Shananahan
08-20-2011, 08:20 AM
It's pretty stupid to put so much of your opinion about Tebow and his position regarding his place on the depth chart into that one small piece of a larger quote, though.

I mean, I agree with you about most of it if that quote reflected a 100% accurate picture of how Tebow feels, but it's absurd to suggest that it does.

BroncoJoe
08-20-2011, 08:31 AM
With the rule change re: QB's this season, it really doesn't matter who #2 is. I wouldn't be surprised that if something happened to Orton, Quinn would come in. Tebow is going to get time - whether the starter is hurt/ineffective or not.

BroncoStud
08-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Peyton Manning has a good arm, it isn't a rocket like Favre had, or like JaWalrus, Cutler, or Vick, but it's a very good arm and he excels at getting the ball out quickly and accurately.

To even compare Quinn in ANY way to Peyton Manning is absurdity. One is a first ballot Hall of Famer and the other is a 3rd stringer on a team that has one of the worst QB situations in the NFL.

:laugh:

BroncoWave
08-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I didn't make those comments up.

Where is the outrage over that? He wanted the starting position given to him...now he's struggling to win the back up role.

These two things are not hate...they are what is actually happening here. I'm as disappointed as anyone. I expect first round quarterbacks to push "career backups" for the starting position, not end up third string behind both of them.

Are you seriously going to try to get ANYONE to buy that he feels entitled to the starting job and that he hasn't been doing everything in how power to work his ass off to become the starter? If so, you are disregarding EVERYTHING ever shown and reported about his work ethic and his approach to football because of ONE SINGLE quote he made out of frustration. You quotes in this thread make it blatantly clear that you hate Tim Tebow as you will use one single quote to try to contradict everything that every objective observer knows about how he goes about things.

BroncoStud
08-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Are you seriously going to try to get ANYONE to buy that he feels entitled to the starting job and that he hasn't been doing everything in how power to work his ass off to become the starter? If so, you are disregarding EVERYTHING ever shown and reported about his work ethic and his approach to football because of ONE SINGLE quote he made out of frustration. You quotes in this thread make it blatantly clear that you hate Tim Tebow as you will use one single quote to try to contradict everything that every objective observer knows about how he goes about things.

That seems to be a pattern. People dislike or hate TT so much they really can't even formulate a valid or logical opinion of him when he's discussed. I'm pretty sure TT knew the job would never be handed to him. He was excited to be the starter when it was announced that Denver was trading Orton, suddenly no one wants Orton and Tebow is again the backup.

I think it's really this simple. Orton has to play himself out of the job or Fox loses the lockerroom. I think that will happen.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm sure he's working hard. Didn't say he wasn't. But yes, judging from that quote it certainly sounded like he expected to be handed the keys to the car, and then he wasn't. And work ethic or not, he's fighting just to be the backup right now.

Spare me the "hate" crap. I can't have a reasonable conversation about this without this "you hate Tim Tebow" crap. I don't hate Tim Tebow. I want him to succeed, but I want the Broncos to succeed more.

BroncoWave
08-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm sure he's working hard. Didn't say he wasn't. But yes, judging from that quote it certainly sounded like he expected to be handed the keys to the car, and then he wasn't. And work ethic or not, he's fighting just to be the backup right now.

Spare me the "hate" crap. I can't have a reasonable conversation about this without this "you hate Tim Tebow" crap. I don't hate Tim Tebow. I want him to succeed, but I want the Broncos to succeed more.

So you're backing off your "Good players go and rip the starting position away and demand it. Weak players whine about entitlements." statement?

Because the way I interpret that, you are saying he is whining about being entitled instead of doing everything in his power to take the starting job himself.

I suppose NFL players are just supposed to be robots though and never say anything out of frustration.

BroncoWave
08-20-2011, 12:15 PM

While I don't doubt this, I also don't doubt that you'd be just as happy if he failed so you could proclaim that you were right about him.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 12:25 PM
So you're backing off your "Good players go and rip the starting position away and demand it. Weak players whine about entitlements." statement?

Because the way I interpret that, you are saying he is whining about being entitled instead of doing everything in his power to take the starting job himself.

I suppose NFL players are just supposed to be robots though and never say anything out of frustration.

You interpreted my comments wrong then. Baby steps through this... Do I believe he was whining? Yes, I do. Do I expect him to be a robot? No. (Look at the outrage over Orton's comments...)

Do I think he felt he was being handed the job no questions asked? Yes. Do I think he works hard? Yes, but that had nothing to do with my original statement. (You added the "he doesn't work hard" to my comments.)

All of that doesn't add up to him being a good player in the NFL, which is still to be determined. If he was as good as advertised, he would go rip the starting job away from Orton. Does that mean he's not working hard to do that? No.

I hope that helps.

MOtorboat
08-20-2011, 12:31 PM
While I don't doubt this, I also don't doubt that you'd be just as happy if he failed so you could proclaim that you were right about him.

Whatever you say, Groucho.

BroncoJoe
08-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Let's say you're next in line for a promotion into your "bosses" position and he's basically packing to move elsewhere - either within the company or another. It all looks like a done deal, then suddenly your boss changes his mind.

I think anyone would be a bit perturbed/disappointed/down.

Tned
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM

I thought Tebow was the third string guy now. :confused:

chazoe60
08-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Funny how some people complain about Tebow's sense of entitlement but never a peep about Orton's, which is far more glaring and arrogant.

Tned
08-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Let's say you're next in line for a promotion into your "bosses" position and he's basically packing to move elsewhere - either within the company or another. It all looks like a done deal, then suddenly your boss changes his mind.

Well, maybe. If your blonde is a statuesque woman who could be a model, and she routinely makes you "work" late, you might be glad she's staying and you didn't get her job, but instead get to keep "working" late with her.

Ok, I've been watching too much Cinemax...

BroncoJoe
08-20-2011, 12:42 PM
With the rule change (I know, broken record) there isn't any reason to say X is #2, and Y is #3.

You have the starter, then the backups. Game situations will determine which of the two backups you will go with.

tubby
08-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Who is this Lee guy?

CoachChaz
08-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Ive said it before...i think Quinn is better than Kolb. But because Kolb showed promise playing for a perrenial playoff team...hes assumed to be the better commodity. Quinn has yet to get a chance with a solid supporting cast around him. I think hes the best QB on the team. Just my opinion

bcbronc
08-20-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure TT knew the job would never be handed to him. He was excited to be the starter when it was announced that Denver was trading Orton, suddenly no one wants Orton and Tebow is again the backup.

so which is it? Either Tebow knew the job wouldn't be handed to him or he was excited to be handed the starting job with Orton on his way out.

so far it seems pretty clear that the only way Tebow becomes a starter in the next couple of years is if the job is handed to him, because he's done nothing to show he can beat out even an average NFL starter.

no no...it's the "i have a tebowner" or "ortonary" crowd that is providing the "objective" analysis. Everyone else is just hating.

see again, this sense of entitlement towards Tebow. "Next in line for a promotion"? This isn't a monarchy...Tebow isn't next in line for anything. He competes with every other QB on the roster, whether that includes Orton or not. When he emerges as the best option, he'll play. Isn't that the way it should be? :confused:

BroncoJoe
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
. . .

see again, this sense of entitlement towards Tebow. "Next in line for a promotion"? This isn't a monarchy...Tebow isn't next in line for anything. He competes with every other QB on the roster, whether that includes Orton or not. When he emerges as the best option, he'll play. Isn't that the way it should be? :confused:

After being the #2 QB for most of last year, and the starter for three games, I think it's pretty safe to assume Tebow would have been "placed" at #1 for the beginning of camp without Orton here. Whether he kept it or not is another topic.

Just like it's pretty safe to assume (for me) that when my boss moves on, I have been told that position is mine. Does it make me work less hard? No. In fact I put in extra time to ensure that happens. I'm sure the same can be said for Tebow.

Timmy!
08-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Quinn>Tebow.

Thats right.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Timmy!
08-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Ive said it before...i think Quinn is better than Kolb. But because Kolb showed promise playing for a perrenial playoff team...hes assumed to be the better commodity. Quinn has yet to get a chance with a solid supporting cast around him. I think hes the best QB on the team. Just my opinion

This. I hope he gets a chance this year.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
08-20-2011, 07:30 PM
The Mannings have average arms so I don't see the point of even saying that. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are just proof you don't need a strong arm to succeed.

MileHiWildcat
08-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Brady Quinn: Delusional Retard.

LTC Pain
08-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Brady Quinn: Delusional Retard.

Good to see your parents raised you to be senstive to those with handicaps and special needs. :2thumbsdown: :ballchain: :smash: