PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Denver Broncos not likely to trade a quarterback for defensive line help

TXBRONC
08-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Q&A: Denver Broncos not likely to trade a quarterback for defensive line help
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/19/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Q: (Does) a significant injury to Ty Warren prompt Denver to trade one of its quarterbacks for another defensive tackle?

A: The most likely way the Broncos will try to fill that hole will be through waiver claims when NFL rosters go to 53 players Sept. 4.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18711670

Who the heck will be released that will be worth a flip?

vandammage13
08-19-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm sure there may be a salary cap casualty or two that gets cut...There won't be any superstars, but there might be a couple of servicable guys to choose from that can help us.

Lancane
08-19-2011, 09:19 AM

Well, we could be in the Haynesworth sweepstakes, fact is that the F.O. already tried to trade for him once, so if he becomes available via wire, I suspect they'll try and nab him.

The question is rather valid though, I think fans would like some closure with the quarterback issue, some want to either see Orton or Tebow traded, and we're in serious need of some defensive tackle help beyond scrubs. If I was them I would make a move on Haynesworth if he is waived and try and trade one of the quarterbacks for a decent veteran.

TXBRONC
08-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Well, we could be in the Haynesworth sweepstakes, fact is that the F.O. already tried to trade for him once, so if he becomes available via wire, I suspect they'll try and nab him.

The question is rather valid though, I think fans would like some closer with the quarterback issue, some want to either see Orton or Tebow traded, and we're in serious need of some defensive tackle help beyond scrubs. If I was them I would make a move on Haynesworth if he is waived and try and trade one of the quarterbacks for a decent veteran.

I must have been asleep when that happened because I don't remember. Was prior to EFX coming in? Because it wasn't that long ago that Elway said they were not interested in him because of his history. Even if we could get him a discount is worth problems he sure to cause?

Lancane
08-19-2011, 10:19 AM
I must have been asleep when that happened because I don't remember. Was prior to EFX coming in? Because it wasn't that long ago that Elway said they were not interested in him because of his history. Even if we could get him a discount is worth problems he sure to cause?

Gaffney was suppose to be part of that trade, or so I heard. Shanahan decided to trade Haynesworth to New England instead of to us (because they had contacted them first about Albert) and we got Jarmon in return for Gaff instead...so it wasn't that long ago.

Northman
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
If we traded for Haynesunderwear we wouldnt be learning a damn thing. Just deal with what you got and worry about it next year. We arent contending for anything other than a top five pick anyway.

silkamilkamonico
08-19-2011, 10:37 AM
If we traded for Haynesunderwear we wouldnt be learning a damn thing. Just deal with what you got and worry about it next year. We arent contending for anything other than a top five pick anyway.

Agreed.

I am not sure why any fan would want to trade a possible mid level draft pick to move from a 4-5 win team to a 6-7 win team.

Also, I am not sure why anyone would ant to trade a QB for a DT to move from a top 5 pick to a top 10 pick when QB is likely what we are going to draft next year regardless of what happens with the QB's.

SOCALORADO.
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM

But TX, this is the Denver mentality now.
DEN is the new Detriot Lions of the NFL.
Mistake after mistake, compounded by more mistakes with some mistakes thrown in.

NightTerror218
08-19-2011, 11:34 AM

I think he is going to get cut anyways

BroncoStud
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM

According to some here that if Haynesworth is a Bronco he must be supported by the fans. If we sign that piece of crap it would take him YEARS of good behavior to earn my support and even then it may not happen.

Nomad
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
According to some here that if Haynesworth is a Bronco he must be supported by the fans. If we sign that piece of crap it would take him YEARS of good behavior to earn my support and even then it may not happen.

If the BRONCOS were to bring in Haynesworth, they'd officially be Ringling Bros equivalent.

Lancane
08-19-2011, 12:08 PM
If the BRONCOS were to bring in Haynesworth, they'd officially be Ringling Bros equivalent.

I think we're there already...might as well have the biggest elephant while were at it! :lol:

Nomad
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
I think we're there already...might as well have the biggest elephant while were at it! :lol:

Then the team song coming out of the tunnelcould be that Elephant song (can't remember what it's called)!

nevcraw
08-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I think everyone on the roster is tradeable coming off a 4-12 record. I certainly wouldn't exclude 3 quaterbacks who couldn't start for another Team righ now..

I still think Teebs can be the man ifd they give him time to develop and create and offense that uses his skill sets.

BORDERLINE
08-19-2011, 03:50 PM
I still think Teebs can be the man ifd they give him time to develop and create and offense that uses his skill sets.

I believe that's what most of us would want. Big Ben is always out of the pocket and extending plays and making them work. Tebow I think can do that as well. But maybe Fox likes his offense a certain way and won't mold a playbook for one player (even tough that player is Tebow). Using his skill sets on bootlegs, reverses and those nifty halfback screens

Lancane
08-19-2011, 03:57 PM
I think everyone on the roster is tradeable coming off a 4-12 record. I certainly wouldn't exclude 3 quaterbacks who couldn't start for another Team righ now..

Great Post Nev...

As I stated in another thread, this season is one big audition for not only the athletes but for Mike McCoy, and very few should consider their job secure.