PDA

View Full Version : Eye on Improvement

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Tim Tebow said he has plenty of goals for the second preseason game of 2011, the foremost of which is leading the offense to touchdowns.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- This Saturday, the Broncos will take to their home field for the first time in 2011 -- the inaugural game of the newly named Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

While Tim Tebow is excited to get in front of the hometown faithful, his main concern is putting together a better performance on the field.

rest of article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Eye-on-Improvement/d7af9b48-3755-4a96-b8b6-c0e62ada91c0

hamrob
08-18-2011, 09:15 PM
A better performance than 6-7 for 91yds, including a 40+ yd bomb!!

I'm looking forward to that!

Go TEBOW!!!

JakeNbake
08-18-2011, 09:27 PM
A better performance than 6-7 for 91yds, including a 40+ yd bomb!!

I'm looking forward to that!

Go TEBOW!!!

I think.. it wouldn't be that hard to have a better performance. The stat line looks decent but you need to watch the game to fully understand it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-18-2011, 09:55 PM
I think.. it wouldn't be that hard to have a better performance. The stat line looks decent but you need to watch the game to fully understand it.

Are you startin' trouble here too Jake? :laugh:

PAINTERDAVE
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Interesting how around here...
seems like folks are hoping and predicting
like 8 to 10 wins...

but nationaly...
the vegas line for over and under is 5.5...
and the odds of us winning our division are 12 to 1.

Carolina's odds are like 20 to 1..
Buffalo, Cincinnatti are worse than us...
and only one other team.

In this ranking.. we are still seen as the 5th worst team in football.

Should be an interesting season.

PAINTERDAVE
08-19-2011, 09:30 AM

I expect Tebow to get better each time he gets a shot...

Ziggy
08-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Tebow had great stats last game, but he didn't have a great game. I'd like to see him lead receivers better, not lock on to 1 guy, and certainly not skip a ball to his receiver. I'd also like to see him have more patience in the pocket.

Quinn may get a shot to play with the 2nd team. He's earned it in camp and in the first preseason game. I also wonder if the Broncos will use any wildcat type of packages with Tebow and the first team on red zone and 3rd down situations.

bcbronc
08-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Tebow had great stats last game, but he didn't have a great game. I'd like to see him lead receivers better, not lock on to 1 guy, and certainly not skip a ball to his receiver. I'd also like to see him have more patience in the pocket.

agreed. What was his third down % like? Off the top of my head I can think of a 3rd down slant that was behind the receiver and ended up short of a 1st down, and the 3 penalty play that was a completion also short of a first down. he also had a nice throw for a first down on 3rd down. Not sure on any other plays.

So that's 3 for 3..ooooh, ahhhhhh...but only 1 first down.

I also wonder if the Broncos will use any wildcat type of packages with Tebow and the first team on red zone and 3rd down situations.

I don't think you bring that out in preseason...no point giving teams film until it counts for real.

dogfish
08-19-2011, 11:23 PM

Quinn may get a shot to play with the 2nd team. He's earned it in camp and in the first preseason game. I also wonder if the Broncos will use any wildcat type of packages with Tebow and the first team on red zone and 3rd down situations.

hey now!

no need to unleash the Wild Ass and Wild Jesus formations on an unsuspecting league in the pre-season. . .

bcbronc
08-20-2011, 02:06 AM
hey now!

no need to unleash the Wild Ass and Wild Jesus formations on an unsuspecting league in the pre-season. . .

Orton's gonna love the Wild Jesus!

"Hey, can you turn this Gatorade into Jack? Aww, c'mon, let you start the second half!"

Canmore
08-20-2011, 02:09 AM

"Hey, can you turn this Gatorade into Jack? Aww, c'mon, let you start the second half!"

Wild Jesus! Lol, I love that.

dogfish
08-20-2011, 02:30 AM

orton probably won't be thrilled about the Wild Jesus, since it puts him on the bench. . . .