PDA

View Full Version : Teammate says Tebow can be a RB.

HammeredOut
08-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Some whispers around the Broncos dressing room, that Tebow can be a success in the NFL, but not as a QB, but as a RB.

"Which I have said in the past aswell, on part of him being a good H Back."

ESPN Reports.

"At first, he wanted to run every time he got back there," says his coach, who insists there is not a single play in the playbook designed for his quarterback to run. "I think he could be a running back in this league," a teammate says. "I've seen [him] run over linebackers and then bounce back to the huddle."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=6869928&_slug_=nfl-analyzing-why-tim-tebow-successful-nfl-quarterback&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fstory%3fid%3d6869928%26_slug_%3dnfl-analyzing-why-tim-tebow-successful-nfl-quarterback

SR
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
At least then he'd be earning the $8 million he'll be getting paid this year.

HammeredOut
08-17-2011, 07:10 PM
says a lot about what players think in the Dressing Room. They don't view Tebow as a leader, and somebody who they want to rally around. Is this a sign that Tebow lost the dressing room, and the confidence of his teammates as a QB or potential QB in the NFL. I do believe so. Not the coach, nor his teammates believe in Tebow. A smart coach would be able to use his limited skills, such as get him the ball in the flat, and rumble and bumble up the sidelines, beating down on CB's and Safetys. A safe 10 yard play

chazoe60
08-17-2011, 07:14 PM
HO, please learn to comprehend a little bit. Nowhere does it say "he should be a RB" it says "He COULD play RB in this league" And those quotes were about Steve Young. :laugh: Read the article dude.

Come on man

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Dude, did you actually read the article?

HammeredOut
08-17-2011, 07:16 PM
HO, please learn to comprehend a little bit. Nowhere does it say "he should be a RB" it says "He COULD play RB in this league"

Come on man

does that upset you as a fan, that his coach says there is not one play designed for Tebow, and his teammate saying he "could" play RB.

Does that not signal, and make it official that Tebow is a bust.

SR
08-17-2011, 07:16 PM
says a lot about what players think in the Dressing Room. They don't view Tebow as a leader, and somebody who they want to rally around. Is this a sign that Tebow lost the dressing room, and the confidence of his teammates as a QB or potential QB in the NFL. I do believe so. Not the coach, nor his teammates believe in Tebow. A smart coach would be able to use his limited skills, such as get him the ball in the flat, and rumble and bumble up the sidelines, beating down on CB's and Safetys. A safe 10 yard play

I fail to see where this has anything to do with his leadership abilities. You must not have seen the players rally around him on the bench for the games he started last year. You also must have skipped the parts of the games where he was on the sidelines screaming at his players to get them fired up. I'm not a big Tebow lover, but I wouldn't ever question his leadership abilities.

Ravage!!!
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Read the article, and quit making it so easy to laugh at you. :coffee:

SR
does that upset you as a fan, that his coach says there is not one play designed for Tebow, and his teammate saying he "could" play RB.

I was watching the Cowboys and Broncos preseason game last week and the Dallas announcers were saying Dez Bryant could be a QB because he can stand flat footed and throw a ball 70 yards. Does that make Dez Bryant a bust too? :rolleyes:

chazoe60
Ultimate thread fail.

HO, never change.

HammeredOut
Dude, did you actually read the article?

I did. I thought it was insulting to Steve Young, to be mentioned in the same article as a QB who has only played 2 or 3 games, and beat a team that had a .370 winning record percentage last season.

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
HO, please learn to comprehend a little bit. Nowhere does it say "he should be a RB" it says "He COULD play RB in this league"

Come on man

No, because the quote was from a Tampa Bay Buccaneer published in 1984 in the Chicago Tribune, and the teammate was talking about Steve Young. Eight months before Tebow was even born.

Read the article.

chazoe60
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He still doesn't get it.

:laugh::laugh:

Tned
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
At least then he'd be earning the $8 million he'll be getting paid this year.

Tebow's delay is nothing close to that.

BORDERLINE
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH i swear this guy (Tebow) just came into the worst place you can come as a project QB. I'm just tired of all this talk. Play him or trade him/let him walk. D.T will most likely be the bigger of the bust. Call it the worst draft I don't care. i just want to move on and WIN games

SR
08-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Tebow's delay is nothing close to that.

I was exaggerating. I have no idea what he's scheduled to make this year, what he made last year, or what his rookie contract was for.

SR
08-17-2011, 07:27 PM
BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH i swear this guy (Tebow) just came into the worst place you can come as a project QB. I'm just tired of all this talk. Play him or trade him/let him walk. D.T will most likely be the bigger of the bust. Call it the worst draft I don't care. i just want to move on and WIN games

It might be a while.

jhildebrand
08-17-2011, 07:30 PM
:lol:

Failure at it's best!

:popcorn:

Carry on, HO

BORDERLINE
08-17-2011, 07:30 PM
It might be a while.

Sad but true

dogfish
08-17-2011, 07:35 PM
hey HO, have you read the article yet?

:laugh:

Zweems56
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
What is this? I don't even...

NightTerror218
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :tsk::tsk::tsk::shocked::shocked: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused::confused: :confused:

all faces......cause you made me speechless

SR
08-17-2011, 07:40 PM
What's funnier is he bailed on his own thread.

Dzone
08-17-2011, 07:41 PM
I would have to say Tebows training camp has been the biggest downer of the whole summer. The expectations were so high. Reality snuck up and bit him on the ass. Now his fans are having to accept the fact that he isnt ready and he stinks it up in practice. Wish he could just win the job outright, but that doesnt appear to be any time soon. Sad.

Tned
08-17-2011, 07:42 PM
w
I was exaggerating. I have no idea what he's scheduled to make this year, what he made last year, or what his rookie contract was for.

Most of his contract is based on incentives. Unless he's starting, he'll probably make less than $2 million.

Dzone
08-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Haha, this thread is funny as hell
:pound::pound:

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Most of his contract is based on incentives. Unless he's starting, he'll probably make less than $2 million.

Is that his cap hit?

nevcraw
08-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I browned ground sirloin in pan with yellow onions, garlic and jalepenos, added some peas, and chopped cilantro, topped with fresh Pico di gallo and ate it over some rice.. forgot the sour cream..

now going to have some skittles.

dogfish
08-17-2011, 07:44 PM
What's funnier is he bailed on his own thread.

when there's nothing left to say, discretion's typically the better part of valor. . .

at least he didn't try a bunch of BS spin like some people around here do when they get called on some junk. . .

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
I browned ground sirloin in pan with yellow onions, garlic and jalepenos, added some peas, and chopped cilantro, topped with fresh Pico di gallo and ate it over some rice.. forgot the sour cream..

now going to have some skittles.

I am on the road, so I had some seared tuna. After she left, I had a steak.

honz
08-17-2011, 07:58 PM
HO, please learn to comprehend a little bit. Nowhere does it say "he should be a RB" it says "He COULD play RB in this league" And those quotes were about Steve Young. :laugh: Read the article dude.

Come on man

I find the opening acronym to be quite fitting.

Dzone
08-17-2011, 08:03 PM
According to an article written in 1984, Tebow is a bust. :pound:

Tned
08-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Is that his cap hit?

Not sure. At least $1.6, but I don't know if there are any easy to achieve incentives, which they go ahead and count towards the cap.

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Is that his cap hit?

Not sure. At least $1.6, but I don't know if there are any easy to achieve incentives, which they go ahead and count towards the cap.

Sometimes signing bonuses are prorated for cap reasons...thought that might be the case there....

Tned
08-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Sometimes signing bonuses are prorated for cap reasons...thought that might be the case there....

I'm sure it is. I'm not sure what his signing bonus was.

Npba900
08-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I would have to say Tebows training camp has been the biggest downer of the whole summer. The expectations were so high. Reality snuck up and bit him on the ass. Now his fans are having to accept the fact that he isnt ready and he stinks it up in practice. Wish he could just win the job outright, but that doesnt appear to be any time soon. Sad.

We may have not heard the end of the QB situation yet. What happens when EFX decide to draft a QB No.1 in the 2012 draft who has played in an NFL system and is more fundamentally and mechanically sound with much better accuracy? What message does that send. Course EFX would still say Tebow still has a chance to start. Tim just needs some competition to push him!!!:D

Who knows the scenario could be that in 2012 Tim has made the necessary strides/improvement to warrant starting in 2012 and showing just enough improvement for teams to show some interest for trading Tebow in 2013.

Another scenario is by 2013 Tebow sees the writing on the wall and realizes he has a better chance as a SLASH/TE - H-Back in the NFL and is grateful for Elway for at least giving him a chance at QB; and decides to concentrate as TE/H-Back and becomes the 2nd coming of Shannon Sharpe.

broncobryce
08-17-2011, 08:42 PM
teammate's say Hammer needs to learn how to read

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-17-2011, 08:45 PM

Come on man

This thread makes me want to post this picture. Don't ask me to explain. Just go with it...

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m324/shaggins13/lol.jpg

chazoe60
08-17-2011, 09:06 PM
This thread makes me want to post this picture. Don't ask me to explain. Just go with it...

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m324/shaggins13/lol.jpg

Bahaaaaaaaaa-hahaahaaahaaha

Bugs Baloney
08-17-2011, 09:11 PM
just got done munching on a nice taco salad.

:aetsch:

SR
08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Broncosforums.com...we eat our own.

Bullgator
08-17-2011, 09:15 PM

Quit calling it a dressing room sally. Maybe in your favorite sport (the icecapades) they have dressing rooms but its called a LOCKER ROOM in football.

BroncoStud
08-17-2011, 09:18 PM

No, the only thing this thread makes "official" is that your dislike of Tim Tebow is impairing your ability to read basic English.

Dzone
08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
I didnt notice that until now. Ive never heard a football locker room ever called a dressing room. :confused::eek:

DenBronx
08-17-2011, 09:21 PM
What would it hurt to have Orton and Tebow on the field at times?

Kyle could dump the ball off to Tebow and at times he could run it and other times he could fake the run and throw it. I see alot of trick plays involved.

Dzone
08-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Someone has just been inducted into the Wall Of Shame...haha...
hey, we have all flunked a reading comprehension exam, but never in such grandiose style :pound:

Dzone
08-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Im having spicy pumpkin seeds and a mango from whole foods. Then Im going to have a coffee enema.

dogfish
08-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Im having spicy pumpkin seeds and a mango from whole foods. Then Im going to have a coffee enema.

you should start a thread-- beef's all about giving enema's. . .

nevcraw
08-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Wish I could post the article. it was a well written, thoughtful look of why you don't look at Tebow in the prism as previous pro QB's save Young and vick.
Hopefully the Broncos and I mean Elway figure out how to use his uneblievable skills while improving on his accuracy.

BroncoStud
08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Wish I could post the article. it was a well written, thoughtful look of why you don't look at Tebow in the prism as previous pro QB's save Young and vick.
Hopefully the Broncos and I mean Elway figure out how to use his uneblievable skills while improving on his accuracy.

Tebow is NEVER going to be Peyton Manning, hell, he's never going to be Warren Moon, few come close, but he brings an element to his game that neither of those did or do, and that is playmaking mobility and unbelievably strong runs.

If Tebow can become even a decent pocket passer he should enjoy a solid career. Trying to force him to become something he can't is a waste of time, take what he offers and teach him enough to keep defenses honest. Steve Young was written off at an early age and he overcame it.

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Tebow is NEVER going to be Peyton Manning, hell, he's never going to be Warren Moon, few come close, but he brings an element to his game that neither of those did or do, and that is playmaking mobility and unbelievably strong runs.

If Tebow can become even a decent pocket passer he should enjoy a solid career. Trying to force him to become something he can't is a waste of time, take what he offers and teach him enough to keep defenses honest. Steve Young was written off at an early age and he overcame it.

Tebow is not fast enough to be a dual threat. He just isn't. He won't ever change games with his feet, therefore he HAS to become a pocket passer.

He can hope to become Young, but keep in mind Young got lucky and signed on with the best dynasty that the NFL has ever seen.

underrated29
08-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Quit calling it a dressing room sally. Maybe in your favorite sport (the icecapades) they have dressing rooms but its called a LOCKER ROOM in football.

this really made me LOL, like a MFer!...

The dressing room...:lol::lol:

Ima use that in hockey now. Tell people Im going into my dressing room.lmao

Bugs Baloney
08-17-2011, 11:01 PM
this is officially an abandoned thread, wow lmao!

:laugh::elefant::laugh:

shank
08-17-2011, 11:04 PM
this thread's mascot is offensive to other retarded people.

broncobryce
08-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Tebow is not fast enough to be a dual threat. He just isn't. He won't ever change games with his feet, therefore he HAS to become a pocket passer.

He can hope to become Young, but keep in mind Young got lucky and signed on with the best dynasty that the NFL has ever seen.

You must have missed that 40 yard run,(I hope I don't have to tell you which game) and then the 30 yard run.(sparklers game)

Come on man, at least PRETEND like you're being objective.

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 11:14 PM
You must have missed that 40 yard run,(I hope I don't have to tell you which game) and then the 30 yard run.(sparklers game)

Come on man, at least PRETEND like you're being objective.

You just keep hanging your hat on those two plays. I think its pretty safe to say the league isn't scared of his passing ability and they will sniff that stuff out pretty quickly now.

Objectively thinking, you know...

broncobryce
08-17-2011, 11:21 PM
You just keep hanging your hat on those two plays. I think its pretty safe to say the league isn't scared of his passing ability and they will sniff that stuff out pretty quickly now.

So the Sparklers didn't know he could run? Why didn't they sniff it out? He had already started 2 games I'm guessing they took a peek at the tape.

If "the league isn't scared of his passing ability" he still ran for eighty something yards against the sparklers.

Oh let me guess, they werent trying.

dogfish
08-17-2011, 11:22 PM
MO, would you say ben rapenstein doesn't change games with his escapability?

underrated29
08-17-2011, 11:42 PM

You are right. Teams do not fear 300 yard passing games. That is for chumps.

Bullgator
08-17-2011, 11:48 PM

A) how many plays did he run that you say he cant point to those two plays? Its not like he had 2 good runs in an entire season... he broke 2 long runs in 3 starts... most running backs dont do that... hes fast enough..

B) The D will ALWAYS have to respect the passing game cuz TT WILL make you pay with his arm if you let him... its not always pretty and he has alot of improving to do passing wise.. but dont think for a second TT cant throw the ball.. dont drink the koolaid man... youve seen him throw both for 300 yards and for 50 yard bombs...

He is defiantly a duel threat... its just ****** up that everyone thinks he has to be brady or manning in the pocket to be successful... he will never be that. Let the kid play his style... build an O around him to suite his strengths and let his heart and will take over games. Its that simple.

PAINTERDAVE
08-18-2011, 12:02 AM

So many people.. here.. on the radio.. everywhere..

who all KNOW what Tebow needs to do.
"He's GOTTA do this... he HAS to do that... He will NEVER.. bla bla bla."

He aint never gonna be Montana or Young or Brees or Manning.
He is gonna be Tim Tebow.

Someday, somehwere he will get his shot..
he will start and play.. and what will be will be.

If freakin' Doug Williams (Redskins) can win a SuperBowl..
is that hard to project that Tebow
could possibly have a SOME LEVEL OF SUCCESS?

Nobody can predict the future.. it just amazes me how many people
DONT WANT TIM TO EVER EVEN GET THE CHANCE TO FIND OUT.

It is like some people are personaly invested in his failure.

Heck... I'd just like to find out over the next few years what he's got.

If it works out he is just ok - fine.
If it works out he is horrible - fine.

If it works out that he can translate his intangibles into a succesful career...
learn on the job to make better reads and pass from the pocket more...
maybe win a playoff game or two in his 2nd , 3rd or 4th season as a starter.....
whatever...
then that would be kinda sweet.

Sweet for him.. sweet for his suporters...
sweet to see the haters flamed.

Sweet for the Denver Broncos.

Or not.

Heck. if he actually sucks...
(instead of talking heads just telling us he WILL suck)

if he actually sucks... then we can move on...

and that is the deal...
the FO cant move him one way or the other until they find out.

Here's to finding out! :beer:

Watchthemiddle
08-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Haha, this thread is funny as hell
:pound::pound:

I am just now getting around to reading it..

At first you had posters asking HO if he even read it...he still didn't get it:laugh:
Everyonce in a while a poster who neither read the article or thread chimed in...they didn't get it either....:laugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

Northman
08-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Are people still taking Hammered seriously on here? Really? lmao

TXBRONC
08-18-2011, 06:57 AM

I never have taken him seriously.

chazoe60
08-18-2011, 06:59 AM
I never have taken him seriously.

I don't know TX, 95% success rate at sports gambling is not to be taken lightly. :laugh:

MOtorboat
08-18-2011, 08:27 AM
So many people.. here.. on the radio.. everywhere..

who all KNOW what Tebow needs to do.
"He's GOTTA do this... he HAS to do that... He will NEVER.. bla bla bla."

He aint never gonna be Montana or Young or Brees or Manning.
He is gonna be Tim Tebow.

Someday, somehwere he will get his shot..
he will start and play.. and what will be will be.

If freakin' Doug Williams (Redskins) can win a SuperBowl..
is that hard to project that Tebow
could possibly have a SOME LEVEL OF SUCCESS?

Nobody can predict the future.. it just amazes me how many people
DONT WANT TIM TO EVER EVEN GET THE CHANCE TO FIND OUT.

It is like some people are personaly invested in his failure.

Heck... I'd just like to find out over the next few years what he's got.

If it works out he is just ok - fine.
If it works out he is horrible - fine.

If it works out that he can translate his intangibles into a succesful career...
learn on the job to make better reads and pass from the pocket more...
maybe win a playoff game or two in his 2nd , 3rd or 4th season as a starter.....
whatever...
then that would be kinda sweet.

Sweet for him.. sweet for his suporters...
sweet to see the haters flamed.

Sweet for the Denver Broncos.

Or not.

Heck. if he actually sucks...
(instead of talking heads just telling us he WILL suck)

if he actually sucks... then we can move on...

and that is the deal...
the FO cant move him one way or the other until they find out.

Here's to finding out! :beer:

I am emotionally invested in the Broncos. And I don't think he has the skills to be the quarterback of the future for the team I have been emotionally invested in for my entire life.

So, in that sense, I suppose you're right to a degree. I am invested in something, though its not his failure.

There is also a distinction between "hate" and an honest opinion, which is what mine is. If he somehow were to win the starting quarterback job, I will be rooting for him along side everybody else. That is, however, highly unlikely at this point.

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 08:37 AM

the dressing room?

shank
08-18-2011, 08:46 AM
I am emotionally invested in the Broncos. And I don't think he has the skills to be the quarterback of the future for the team I have been emotionally invested in for my entire life.

So, in that sense, I suppose you're right to a degree. I am invested in something, though its not his failure.

There is also a distinction between "hate" and an honest opinion, which is what mine is. If he somehow were to win the starting quarterback job, I will be rooting for him along side everybody else. That is, however, highly unlikely at this point.

cool opinion bro!

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 08:49 AM

takes me a while to figure people out here.

MOtorboat
08-18-2011, 08:50 AM
cool opinion bro!

So, its not highly unlikely at this point that he is the starter this season?

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 08:50 AM

your location still says missouri

MOtorboat
08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
your location still says missouri

Thanks nut.

SOCALORADO.
08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Whats great is i, yes i compared TT to Steve Young countless times just before and right after DEN drafted him! Ask TX! I also compared him to Steve McNair as well.
Many of you will remember this.
Comparing Tebow to either was a huge mistake.
He is better suited to playing H-Back, and will next year.

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I dont' think he'd be a good H back. I see him better suited to play TE if anything.

SOCALORADO.
08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
I dont' think he'd be a good H back. I see him better suited to play TE if anything.

Sure! Thats fine too!

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Sure! Thats fine too!

He might be good as a placekick holder. You could use him to do fake field goals. Maybe even a punter.

PAINTERDAVE
08-18-2011, 10:39 AM

No, it seems that Orton will be starting to begin the season...

however...

with the Broncos projected to win maybe 5 or 6 games..

is it unreasonable to think that in week 11 12 or 13...

that Tebow may indeed be the starter over a free agent in waiting..
once the playoff race is mathematicly eliminated?

HammeredOut
08-18-2011, 10:43 AM

:beer:

this is jockshock radio

Ravage!!!
08-18-2011, 10:43 AM
No, it seems that Orton will be starting to begin the season...

however...

with the Broncos projected to win maybe 5 or 6 games..

is it unreasonable to think that in week 11 12 or 13...

that Tebow may indeed be the starter over a free agent in waiting..
once the playoff race is mathematicly eliminated?

Sure. I think thats pretty reasonable. I don't think anyone is saying thats not going to happen.

OrangeHoof
08-18-2011, 10:48 AM
"At first, he wanted to run every time he got back there," says his coach, who insists there is not a single play in the playbook designed for his quarterback to run."

I'm calling BS on this. Even teams with tree trunks for quarterbacks have a QB sneak or a naked bootleg somewhere in the playbook.

Whether Tebow's NFL future lies as a QB or a RB or as a hybrid, I don't really care but when an off-the-record source claims there's no plays in the playbook where the QB runs reduces his credibility to almost zero with me.

GEM
08-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Oh hell yes....how in the world Hammered let this go past one page and didn't delete it, I have no idea. But he didn't and now it's community property. It shall sit along side the likes of the Italian Stallion huge weiner thread and the Bronco Warrior blood bank thread.

:laugh: Effing hilarious!! :D

OrangeHoof
08-18-2011, 10:51 AM
the dressing room?

I think Hammered is a thesbian.

HammeredOut
08-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Sorry, my mistake, i misquoted, and didn't read the entire article. Although, I like how it stirred up emotions for Tebowville/Quinnville.

HammeredOut
08-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Oh hell yes....how in the world Hammered let this go past one page and didn't delete it, I have no idea. But he didn't and now it's community property. It shall sit along side the likes of the Italian Stallion huge weiner thread and the Bronco Warrior blood bank thread.

:laugh: Effing hilarious!! :D

Why did the other thread about "Why People Hate Tebow".. get deleted. It was getting good. Showed death rates and peoples accounts of christianity, and how it affected them. The thread was getting religious, but some made reference to all the religious genocide in north america from christianity. Anyways, if we were talking about a players character, and what he believes in, shouldn't everybody atleast get the facts about what they believe in.

PAINTERDAVE
08-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Whats great is i, yes i compared TT to Steve Young countless times just before and right after DEN drafted him! Ask TX! I also compared him to Steve McNair as well.
Many of you will remember this.
Comparing Tebow to either was a huge mistake.
He is better suited to playing H-Back, and will next year.

Oh.. he WILL next year?

Once again.. somebody stating as FACT their own speculation.

The probability that Tebow will be forced to serve as an H-back..
is non-existant.

Can you see EFX ordering Tim to abandon his lifelong dream ...
because it does not fit their agenda?

Tim would ask to be traded or cut...
he is the kind of guy who will stay his path and pursue
the opportunity to play QB somewhere....

and I can not imagine Elway and Fox ordering Tim to stay here..

I can't imagine John Elway telling Tim...

"serve out your contract and play a position you have NEVER played before."

Talk about upsetting the fan following.. sheesh...

This idea... is exactly what I am talking about...
som epeople are so invested in Tim's failure..
that they concoct any idea they can to discourage him..
to thwart him..
to deny him the opportuntiy to simply find out.

I never followed Tebow in college...
I am a lifelong bronco fan..
My team drafted him..
he is here...

I just want to find out.

If Orton had a 4 year deal...
I'd say.. "trade Tim."

I'd still like to find out what he can do somewhere else.

Only Orton does NOT have a longterm deal..
and Tim IS here... for another 3 years..
and EFX has been supportive of him..
and Elway is working with him..
And despite those who intensly dislike him..
EFX is not gonna let him go before they can find out what he can do at QB.

(Can you imagine Tebow going somewhere else..
without EFX giving him chance here.. then Tim has wild success for another team?
Elway would be crucified as a bonehead rookie GM who let the big fish get away.)

Slick
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
you really can't read can you?

Nomad
08-18-2011, 11:01 AM
DELETED COMMENT

You and HO must have a rocky past or like to give each other a hard time!:lol:

GEM
08-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Why did the other thread about "Why People Hate Tebow".. get deleted. It was getting good. Showed death rates and peoples accounts of christianity, and how it affected them. The thread was getting religious, but some made reference to all the religious genocide in north america from christianity. Anyways, if we were talking about a players character, and what he believes in, shouldn't everybody atleast get the facts about what they believe in.

It didn't get deleted. It was moved to P&R (Politics and Religion) because the conversation was headed more in that direction than football and some posters don't like to read P&R on a football message board.

Besides...you never seem to be able to get facts right so if the facts aren't right, are they really facts?

Ravage!!!
08-18-2011, 11:03 AM
How is it "invested" in his failure if you are purely guessing/projecting that he will never make it as an NFL QB? Somehow the feeling that Tebow won't make it in the NFL is different than guessing/projecting someone else won't, because it happens EVERYDAY, in every message forum, in EVERY fan base across the nation. Yet for some reason, if you feel Tebow isn't going to be great, they are Haters, and "invested" in his failure. Its some kind of crime.

I don't get it.

BroncoStud
08-18-2011, 11:08 AM

I think Tebow is plenty fast enough to keep defenses honest with his feet, he runs probably a 4.7 plus he has good running instincts. He's not Vick but he is certainly a mobile QB.

Right about Young, he got to learn an offense that defenses had no clue how to stop and he got to throw to the greatest WR in history during his prime, and I don't expect Tebow to be Steve Young, there there are plenty of QBs in NFL history that were GOOD players, some relied on mobility and adequate passing skills to get it done.

My point is that Tebow will NEVER be a Tom Brady, sit in the pocket and pick you apart QB, he will more of a Fran Tarketon run around and make plays. If he wants a career he will have to become better in the pocket, but I doubt he'll ever be GREAT in the pocket.

Slick
08-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Sorry, my mistake, i misquoted, and didn't read the entire article. Although, I like how it stirred up emotions for Tebowville/Quinnville.

So you admit that you started this thread to stir up shit.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution.

SOCALORADO.
08-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Oh.. he WILL next year?

Once again.. somebody stating as FACT their own speculation.

The probability that Tebow will be forced to serve as an H-back..
is non-existant.

Can you see EFX ordering Tim to abandon his lifelong dream ...
because it does not fit their agenda?

Tim would ask to be traded or cut...
he is the kind of guy who will stay his path and pursue
the opportunity to play QB somewhere....

and I can not imagine Elway and Fox ordering Tim to stay here..

I can't imagine John Elway telling Tim...

"serve out your contract and play a position you have NEVER played before."

Talk about upsetting the fan following.. sheesh...

This idea... is exactly what I am talking about...
som epeople are so invested in Tim's failure..
that they concoct any idea they can to discourage him..
to thwart him..
to deny him the opportuntiy to simply find out.

I never followed Tebow in college...
I am a lifelong bronco fan..
My team drafted him..
he is here...

I just want to find out.

If Orton had a 4 year deal...
I'd say.. "trade Tim."

I'd still like to find out what he can do somewhere else.

Only Orton does NOT have a longterm deal..
and Tim IS here... for another 3 years..
and EFX has been supportive of him..
and Elway is working with him..
And despite those who intensly dislike him..
EFX is not gonna let him go before they can find out what ge can do at QB.

Is this a Haiku poem? Or lyrics to a song you wrote? LOL!
TT is simply terrible. He couldnt beat out a career back up. Thats simply pathetic, and all the excuses in the world wont cover up for him.
He has terrible footwork, hes horrbile taking snaps from the pocket, and he has a absolutely horrific throwing motion. Put it all together and hes a back-up to the back-up. That is where DEN is as of right now. No amount of BS or excuse making changes this. Just because he can run around like a chicken with his head cut off after he snaps the ball, doesnt equate to success.
The simple fact that he has all of these major issues is just too much to wait for. Why in hell would a team wait and hope for a project QB to learn to be proficient when all of his actions so far have proven otherwise? DEN should just hope it works out wait 3 years for the TT project? Or they could just simply make him a TE and draft a true pro-style QB that can come into any team in the NFL right now and run any offensive system they install.
Tim Tebow is a wildcat/TE player.
And what are you gonna find out? Theres nothing to find out. Everyone knows what your getting with Tebow. Its all out there. Hes terrible. Thats why hes not the starter to a career back up. Do the math.

PAINTERDAVE
08-18-2011, 11:15 AM
How is it "invested" in his failure if you are purely guessing/projecting that he will never make it as an NFL QB? Somehow the feeling that Tebow won't make it in the NFL is different than guessing/projecting someone else won't, because it happens EVERYDAY, in every message forum, in EVERY fan base across the nation. Yet for some reason, if you feel Tebow isn't going to be great, they are Haters, and "invested" in his failure. Its some kind of crime.

I don't get it.

If the shoe fits .. wear it.
If it dont, then it dont.

Just because there are rational fans who dispassionatly dislike Tim's mechanics....
does not mean that there are not those who hate him for his image.

You may not be that guy... but plenty are very much invested in his failure.
They crave it.. they WANT him to fail.

I dont "love" Tim...
I just want to see what will happen..
I want him to get a shot.

Some people adamantly dont want to see him even get a chance.

Their numbers are large. Many are in the media...
and have gone on record about his deficiancies and would be embarrassed by his success.

Saying those people are invested in his failure is accurate.

You lumping yourself in with that group is a choice.

PAINTERDAVE
08-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Is this a Haiku poem? Or lyrics to a song you wrote? LOL!
TT is simply terrible. He couldnt beat out a career back up. Thats simply pathetic, and all the excuses in the world wont cover up for him.
He has terrible footwork, hes horrbile taking snaps from the pocket, and he has a absolutely horrific throwing motion. Put it all together and hes a back-up to the back-up. That is where DEN is as of right now. No amount of BS or excuse making changes this. Just because he can run around like a chicken with his head cut off after he snaps the ball, doesnt equate to success.
The simple fact that he has all of these major issues is just too much to wait for. Why in hell would a team wait and hope for a project QB to learn to be proficient when all of his actions so far have proven otherwise? DEN should just hope it works out wait 3 years for the TT project? Or they could just simply make him a TE and draft a true pro-style QB that can come into any team in the NFL right now and run any offensive system they install.
Tim Tebow is a wildcat/TE player.
And what are you gonna find out? Theres nothing to find out. Everyone knows what your getting with Tebow. Its all out there. Hes terrible. Thats why hes not the starter to a career back up. Do the math.

Call Elway and tell him he's wasting his time... lol

PS.. your run on wall of text is difficult to read .. but write in any style you wish.

NightTerror218
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
how is this thread still alive?

SOCALORADO.
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Call Elway and tell him he's wasting his time... lol

Its called damage control. He already knows.

PAINTERDAVE
08-18-2011, 11:35 AM

So YOU say...

interesting how in polls taken it is like 60% of the respondents
would like to see Tim get a shot sometime, when he is ready...

But you KNOW he will fail so he should never get the chance to find out.

Like I said.. why dont you call Elway to give him the
advantage of your expertise?

LTC Pain
08-18-2011, 11:57 AM

You know what Elway "already knows"??? Quad BS.

SOCALORADO.
08-18-2011, 12:31 PM
So YOU say...

interesting how in polls taken it is like 60% of the respondents
would like to see Tim get a shot sometime, when he is ready...

But you KNOW he will fail so he should never get the chance to find out.

Like I said.. why dont you call Elway to give him the
advantage of your expertise?

I want him to get his shot!
It wont matter! I would much rather DEN go through this season with tebow at QB. I have always said that. The FO and HC wont let him. Why?
Because he cant play from under center. PERIOD.

NightTerror218
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I want him to get his shot!
It wont matter! I would much rather DEN go through this season with tebow at QB. I have always said that. The FO and HC wont let him. Why?
Because he cant play from under center. PERIOD.

I so hope you eat crow later this season for saying that :D

SOCALORADO.
08-18-2011, 01:28 PM
I so hope you eat crow later this season for saying that :D

http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew-luck-redskins-seahawks-49ers-450x220.jpg

chazoe60
08-18-2011, 01:46 PM
With this thread we have officially become a villiage. :laugh:

dogfish
08-18-2011, 01:48 PM
With this thread we have officially become a villiage. :laugh:

and clay's our idiot. . . .

BigDaddyBronco
08-18-2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew-luck-redskins-seahawks-49ers-450x220.jpg

He kind of looks like Orton a little there.

Dreadnought
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
and clay's our idiot. . . .

:tsk:

There are any number of bigger idiots than Clay

dogfish
08-18-2011, 01:57 PM

hey, you wanna claim one of the naturebois of this world as your idiot, go right ahead. . .

:D

SOCALORADO.
08-18-2011, 02:00 PM
He kind of looks like Orton a little there.

Dont say that!

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 02:23 PM

Clay is so easy to underestimate. Personally, I think he's a genius.

BORDERLINE
08-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Some people adamantly dont want to see him even get a chance.

Their numbers are large. Many are in the media...
and have gone on record about his deficiancies and would be embarrassed by his success.

Saying those people are invested in his failure is accurate.

You hit the nail on it's head. Could not have said it better.:salute:

lgenf
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM

You fumbled this post so bad you don't even have a chance at evaluating talent.

Your initial post was a BUST, so you then tried to retreat into some BS about how much his salary is going to hit the cap, then this posting about how T2 isn't fast enough to be a dual threat, (did you miss the Oakland game last year, when he EITHER ran away from or ran OVER the Raiders for a 40+ yd TD)

you are the exact type of BLIND hater that T2 loves, someone so consumed with T2 failing, that you didn't even read the article you were posting up.

How funny is that?

this thread should be stickied for all to see - then every two or three games we can all chime in and laugh.

Is he ready today, nope, I think everyone knows that, but what you fail to see, is that very many others are not either, and learn on the fly works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, but calling him a failure now is a JOKE and very very small of you.

Man this FAN forum is a joke - some folks are so against T2 they don't even care, all I want is to see him get the chance b/c so far he has never let me down when I am cheering for him.

dogfish
08-18-2011, 03:56 PM
okay, settle down beavis. . . .

:welcome:

Ravage!!!
08-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I think Steve Bono has a longer run, and that guy can barely walk fast. :lol:

I think he's going to cry.

vandammage13
08-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Haha..I remember that run. I tried to find it on youtube, but to no avail.

GEM
08-18-2011, 04:15 PM
You fumbled this post so bad you don't even have a chance at evaluating talent.

Your initial post was a BUST, so you then tried to retreat into some BS about how much his salary is going to hit the cap, then this posting about how T2 isn't fast enough to be a dual threat, (did you miss the Oakland game last year, when he EITHER ran away from or ran OVER the Raiders for a 40+ yd TD)

you are the exact type of BLIND hater that T2 loves, someone so consumed with T2 failing, that you didn't even read the article you were posting up.

How funny is that?

this thread should be stickied for all to see - then every two or three games we can all chime in and laugh.

Is he ready today, nope, I think everyone knows that, but what you fail to see, is that very many others are not either, and learn on the fly works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, but calling him a failure now is a JOKE and very very small of you.

Man this FAN forum is a joke - some folks are so against T2 they don't even care, all I want is to see him get the chance b/c so far he has never let me down when I am cheering for him.

Perhaps you should see that MO didn't start this thread.

And perhaps if this FAN forum is a joke....you should take a walk to a Tebow FAN forum. Good for you cheering for him. Doesn't mean everyone else has to see it from your point of view.

lgenf
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Perhaps you should see that MO didn't start this thread.

And perhaps if this FAN forum is a joke....you should take a walk to a Tebow FAN forum. Good for you cheering for him. Doesn't mean everyone else has to see it from your point of view.

yes, sorry it should be HO sorry about that I got mixed up with all the joking

DallasChief
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
This board needs neg rep more then ever.

MOtorboat
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM

Remember when Randall Cunningham had a 90-yard punt? Maybe Tebow can be our meathead punter?

*This is a joke

lgenf
08-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Remember when Randall Cunningham had a 90-yard punt? Maybe Tebow can be our meathead punter?

*This is a joke

now that is funny.......T2 actually punted in HS and has an 86 yd punt to his name

zbeg
08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
According to an article written in 1984, Tebow is a bust. :pound:

To be fair, Tebow didn't have a very good throwing motion in 1984.

MOtorboat
08-18-2011, 04:49 PM
now that is funny.......T2 actually punted in HS and has an 86 yd punt to his name

The fact that you know that off the top of your head, brings post No. 117 back to the forefront.

GEM
08-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Keep the lounge material in the lounge.

lgenf
08-18-2011, 04:53 PM
The fact that you know that off the top of your head, brings post No. 117 back to the forefront.

MO it was a j/k also

BroncoStud
08-18-2011, 09:54 PM
I think Hammered came up with that name because he is hammered every time he logs on to this forum. I'm still waiting on some of thos 95% accurate picks. I could be retired in Costa Rica by the end of Preseason with those odds.