PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas sighting????

DSMBronco
08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
I apologize if this has been brought up before but does anyone know what has happened to Demaryius? I see that Eric Decker has made it to 3rd on the depth chart, I was just curious if Thomas was hurt or what.

vandammage13
08-17-2011, 03:48 PM
DT tore his Achilles during the offseason...They are hopeful he might return mid-season.

jhildebrand
08-17-2011, 03:49 PM
I apologize if this has been brought up before but does anyone know what has happened to Demaryius? I see that Eric Decker has made it to 3rd on the depth chart, I was just curious if Thomas was hurt or what.

Tore his achilles in offseason. :eek:

Northman
08-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Good news for Decker, he will take advantage of DT being out and DT will have to work his way back up the depth chart if he ever does.

vandammage13
08-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Good news for Decker, he will take advantage of DT being out and DT will have to work his way back up the depth chart if he ever does.

I always thought Decker was going to be more productive anyway...they are two different types of recievers though.

Rex
08-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Worst Thread Ever

hotcarl
08-17-2011, 03:56 PM
DeMarius Thomas? More like Hillarious Dramas - This pile of crap will never play again.

Lancane
08-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Thomas had bust written on him from day one, McDaniels tried to replace Marshall only to get replaced! :lol:

Mike
08-17-2011, 03:59 PM

He will probably trip on the way up it and tear his ACL. :banghead:

Northman
08-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I always thought Decker was going to be more productive anyway...they are two different types of recievers though.

Indeed. But i wasnt that thrilled with taking DT anyway. He had injury issues coming into the league and that always bothers me. Hopefully he can come back at full strength and contribute like a 1st rounder should.

GEM
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Hopefully he can come back healthy because the few times he could play, he was making some circus catches.

Lancane
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Hopefully he can come back healthy because the few times he could play, he was making some circus catches.

That's what Georgia Tech's coaching staff must have been saying as well, otherwise he's more fragile then Walker and not nearly as productive.

rationalfan
08-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Thomas had bust written on him from day one, McDaniels tried to replace Marshall only to get replaced! :lol:

yeah, he sure looked horrible scoring two touchdowns in 22 receptions. i sure hope he keeps sucking it up.

Rex
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
yeah, he sure looked horrible scoring two touchdowns in 22 receptions. i sure hope he keeps sucking it up.

Imagine if he played more than 15% of the snaps.

:madeofglass:

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM

You can't make the club in the tub.

Rex
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok but try to rhyme.

When you rub your stick in the park, the bright TV lights go dark

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Damn you are coachable.

Rex
08-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Damn you are coachable.

When you are made of glass, you cant be out catching a pass

Jsteve01
08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
You can't make the club in the tub.

You can't be a fan when you are ... Ummm.....leading an alternative lifestyle

tell that to nut and clay...they're pretty good fans

Jsteve01
08-17-2011, 06:29 PM
tell that to nut and clay...they're pretty good fans

really? it was all in good fun...they'd say the same thing...come on dreadnought

PAINTERDAVE
08-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Here is a pic I took of Thomas at Mile High at the practice 2 saturdays ago.

he is out there.. catching the warmup throws from Tebow
on the sideline when drills are not happening...

Dzone
08-17-2011, 07:31 PM
LMAO! @ Hilarious Dramas! Haha...friggin dude should not have been grabbing some chicks boobs while she was passed out..Gawd I hope thats not true. If its true, I have lost all respect for the worthless POS. he looks like an idiot with that mohawk. He is a $$Millionaire and will probably never play another down of football in a game ever again. Another Mcdaniels debacle.
Can anyone name a WR or RB who has ever come back 100% from a ruptured Achilles???
I dont even think Dan Marino was ever the same after his.

chazoe60
08-17-2011, 07:33 PM
If you're looking for DT try searching the local rehab centers or emergency rooms.

Of course you could look at him at local High School parties, I hear he digs young drunk chicks.

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Guys. Read the police report. Bay Bay cooperated completely. The man grew up in shit. I root for kids like him.

Softskull
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Guys. Read the police report. Bay Bay cooperated completely. The man grew up in shit. I root for kids like him.

Generally I like the hard luck story...until they bring home comatose women for their buddies to rape.

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Generally I like the hard luck story...until they bring home comatose women for their buddies to rape.

He didn't rape. He left because she was so wasted.

I think most of us have done the same. I don't think he planned on Cox being a dirtbag.

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 08:16 PM

Considering that a month after the sexual assault she was dating Wesley Woodyard, I have a hard time believing she didn't end up their of her own choice. What happened there isn't excusable, but I have a hard time believing she was coerced into being in the apartment.

Softskull
08-17-2011, 08:18 PM

I think most of us have done the same. I don't think he planned on Cox being a dirtbag.

Is this one of your April fools jokes? You wont sucker me twice.

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Considering that a month after the sexual assault she was dating Wesley Woodyard, I have a hard time believing she didn't end up their of her own choice. What happened there isn't excusable, but I have a hard time believing she was coerced into being in the apartment.

Agreed. A crime is a crime, but if I was boned in the butt by a biker, I wouldn't be at a biker bar the next weekend.

Lancane
08-17-2011, 08:20 PM

All I know is that something is 'fishy' about it all beef, I mean we're hearing that she was dating a Broncos player...but I'm not sure who? We've heard she's with Woodyard now... And if he was there then he is a scumbag for leaving her in that situation. We're also hearing that Cox supposedly offered at least one other some 'sleeping beauty honey', not sure to who but that leaves little question the Cox is a premeditated rapist.

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Is this one of your April fools jokes? You wont sucker me twice.

No. In college I have left a chicks house when she was in no shape for anything. Bay Bay can't help that Cox is a dirtbag (except I think everyone kinda knew Cox was).

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 08:21 PM
All I know is that something is 'fishy' about it all beef, I mean we're hearing that she was dating a Broncos player...but I'm not sure who? And if he was there then he is a scumbag for leaving her in that situation. We're also hearing that Cox supposedly offered at least one other some 'sleeping beauty honey', not sure to who but that leaves little question the Cox is a premeditated rapist.

Right. Cox. Not Bay Bay. I suspect Bay Bay is a little naive. But he can't be responsible for Cox's actions.

Softskull
08-17-2011, 08:22 PM

I haven't read that she was coerced. Just that she'd been out with DT, got shitty faced and he bailed on her after Cox had suggested that they do before she wakes up. I'm not even suggesting he was a perp in the event, but he left her in a f'd up position. Cox was drooling while he was still there.

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 08:24 PM
I haven't read that she was coerced. Just that she'd been out with DT, got shitty faced and he bailed on her after Cox had suggested that they do before she wakes up. I'm not even suggesting he was a perp in the event, but he left her in a f'd up position. Cox was drooling while he was still there.

I agree with that. She shouldn't have dressed like she did.

Lancane
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM

That could point more to a level of immaturity then anything, I can say he handled the situation wrong, but so did the others who were aware of what was going on. Most people would get the 'Oh shit, he's going to rape her vibe' and either beat his ass or call the cops, but those who are immature sometimes get spooked and bail, not being jerks, just not sure what to do.

Broncos-Glory
08-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Lets hope Thomas can comeback from injury and be effective this season.

BeefStew25
08-17-2011, 08:28 PM
That could point more to a level of immaturity then anything, I can say he handled the situation wrong, but so did the others who were aware of what was going on. Most people would get the 'Oh shit, he's going to rape her vibe' and either beat his ass or call the cops, but those who are immature sometimes get spooked and bail, not being jerks, just not sure what to do.

Or less than that, just think Cox wouldn't think of doing what he tried to get Bay Bay to do. Naive.

bcbronc
08-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Worst Thread Ever

wrong. (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274166)

DenBronx
08-18-2011, 03:13 AM
I never thought he would be a bust but I never saw why we passed on Dez Bryant for him.

Mainly because I thought Bryant was more NFL ready and he played ST's.

At this point, it looks like Decker will be the better WR.

WARHORSE
08-18-2011, 04:43 AM
I never thought he would be a bust but I never saw why we passed on Dez Bryant for him.

Mainly because I thought Bryant was more NFL ready and he played ST's.

At this point, it looks like Decker will be the better WR.

If the draft were today, Id take Thomas over Bryant and not blink.

IF he can get healthy, the guy is gonna smoke some DBs. He has some unreal skill.

Heres to DTs full recovery.
:beer:

sneakers
08-18-2011, 06:28 AM
He went to Georgia Tech?

Let me get this right....he was a wide receiver in a triple option offense?

chazoe60
08-18-2011, 07:07 AM
He went to Georgia Tech?

Hey, McD also drafted a TE in the 2nd round who caught a total of 12 passes in college. And he traded up to get him. :laugh:

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 08:03 AM
really? it was all in good fun...they'd say the same thing...come on dreadnought

did dread upbraid you for picking on me and Clay?

BroncoNut
08-18-2011, 08:04 AM
No. In college I have left a chicks house when she was in no shape for anything. Bay Bay can't help that Cox is a dirtbag (except I think everyone kinda knew Cox was).

did you make a lot of sex in college?

vandammage13
08-18-2011, 08:08 AM
LMAO! @ Hilarious Dramas! Haha...friggin dude should not have been grabbing some chicks boobs while she was passed out..Gawd I hope thats not true. If its true, I have lost all respect for the worthless POS. he looks like an idiot with that mohawk. He is a $$Millionaire and will probably never play another down of football in a game ever again. Another Mcdaniels debacle.
Can anyone name a WR or RB who has ever come back 100% from a ruptured Achilles???
I dont even think Dan Marino was ever the same after his.

FYI: In 1994 (Marino's 1st year after achilles injury) he threw for 4,400+ Yds, and 30 TDs, including 5 TDs and 473 yds in Week 1. Went on to go to the pro bowl that year...I'd say he came back from the achilles injury just fine...

BeefStew25
08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
How did Marino get down the field in double coverage that year?

robert ethan
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Prior to the draft. He missed no games in college, and had his first foot injury as a freak broken bone while training for the Combine. Maybe he came back too soon or they botched the initial surgery on his foot. But the Achilles injury was not related to the previous injuries.

Rex
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Prior to the draft. He missed no games in college, and had his first foot injury as a freak broken bone while training for the Combine. Maybe he came back too soon or they botched the initial surgery on his foot. But the Achilles injury was not related to the previous injuries.

There is no such thing as a "freak broken bone" in the foot. Especially one that requires surgery due to malunion healing and especially one that causes problems after surgery.

BroncoStud
08-18-2011, 11:28 PM
FYI: In 1994 (Marino's 1st year after achilles injury) he threw for 4,400+ Yds, and 30 TDs, including 5 TDs and 473 yds in Week 1. Went on to go to the pro bowl that year...I'd say he came back from the achilles injury just fine...

How many fly routes did Marino run that year on his achillies?

BeefStew25
08-18-2011, 11:47 PM

I kind of already asked that. Jerk.

Clipworthy
08-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Demaryius sprinting and going through some drills recently makes me wonder why he's going to miss half the season?

Lancane
08-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Demaryius sprinting and going through some drills recently makes me wonder why he's going to miss half the season?

Don't worry he'll break something soon enough! :tsk:

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 12:05 AM
He went to Georgia Tech?

And that matters because? I'm not his biggest fan myself, but that's pretty low on the list of things I would hold against him. You draft a guy based on his talent, not what college scheme he was in.

Lancane
08-19-2011, 12:20 AM
And that matters because? I'm not his biggest fan myself, but that's pretty low on the list of things I would hold against him. You draft a guy based on his talent, not what college scheme he was in.

Depends, because sometimes an athlete is a complete product of the system and can not transition well to a different scheme. We didn't work Thomas out before we drafted him, only interviewed him so there is no telling.

BeefStew25
08-19-2011, 12:26 AM

Dick Quinn.

vandammage13
08-19-2011, 08:59 AM
How did Marino get down the field in double coverage that year?

Haha...I wasn't debating that...The guy just said that Marino never was the same after his achilles injury and I just pointed out that just simply wasn't true.

Obviously, it is going to be much more difficult for a WR to come back from an achilles injury than a pocket passing QB.

BroncoNut
08-19-2011, 10:19 AM
There is no such thing as a "freak broken bone" in the foot. Especially one that requires surgery due to malunion healing and especially one that causes problems after surgery.

You are wrong. I experienced a freak broken bone in my foot years ago. I broke my heel bone playing rugby and the mechanics of the injury were actually quite ordinary, .. the likelihood of a fracture was minimal.

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Dick Quinn.

Demarius Thomas at least has noticeable talent and potential. Dick Quinn was just a stupid pick all-around.

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Depends, because sometimes an athlete is a complete product of the system and can not transition well to a different scheme. We didn't work Thomas out before we drafted him, only interviewed him so there is no telling.

DT is the opposite of this phenomenon you are discussing IMO. He's a guy with big talent who overcame being in an awful system for him in the triple option. People like QB/WRs from Texas Tech and Hawaii seem to be the kind of guys you are talking about.

Once again, I'm not defending the pick, especially since Dez was still on the board, but to say a WR is a product of the triple option offensive system is laughable. How can a WR be a "product" of a system that rarely passes the ball?

BroncoStud
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Keith Jackson was a TE at OU when they ran the wishbone and he had a somewhat successful NFL career for the Eagles - it happens.

I just think that it's complete hypocracy to bash Tebow so relentlessly for being somewhat productive when D. Thomas was drafted BEFORE him, drafted injured, remained injured, now is part of the Parrish Cox rape situation, and probably suffered a career-ending injury. I have a hard time believing that a WR who is asked to run routes, jump for passes, and make cuts on every pass play will be able to come back from his injury(ies).

He might prove me wrong but I think that was a totally wasted pick especially given Dez Bryant was on the board. We could have done so much more with all those picks, but then again McDouche was on a mission to destroy the franchise so I'm not surprised.

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Keith Jackson was a TE at OU when they ran the wishbone and he had a somewhat successful NFL career for the Eagles - it happens.

I just think that it's complete hypocracy to bash Tebow so relentlessly for being somewhat productive when D. Thomas was drafted BEFORE him, drafted injured, remained injured, now is part of the Parrish Cox rape situation, and probably suffered a career-ending injury. I have a hard time believing that a WR who is asked to run routes, jump for passes, and make cuts on every pass play will be able to come back from his injury(ies).

He might prove me wrong but I think that was a totally wasted pick especially given Dez Bryant was on the board. We could have done so much more with all those picks, but then again McDouche was on a mission to destroy the franchise so I'm not surprised.

It completely baffles be that people actually believe this. Yes, I'm sure it was his mission to completely destroy his head coaching career. That sounds entirely logical! :lol:

BroncoStud
08-19-2011, 11:55 AM
It completely baffles be that people actually believe this. Yes, I'm sure it was his mission to completely destroy his head coaching career. That sounds entirely logical! :lol:

Obviously it's sarcasm but if one were going to destroy a franchise I think McDouche just provided the blueprints.

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Obviously it's sarcasm but if one were going to destroy a franchise I think McDouche just provided the blueprints.

People who think he has "destroyed the franchise" are a prime example of being spoiled by our past success. ONE terrible season does not equal a destroyed franchise. Look at franchises like the Browns, Lions, Bengals and Cardinals in recent memory. We have not sunk to those depths.

BroncoStud
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
People who think he has "destroyed the franchise" are a prime example of being spoiled by our past success. ONE terrible season does not equal a destroyed franchise. Look at franchises like the Browns, Lions, Bengals and Cardinals in recent memory. We have not sunk to those depths.

Really? I'm pretty sure they all drafted after we did last year. Arizona was in a Super Bowl not that long ago, the Lions have young talent all over the offense, the Bengals are dismal, no doubt, but they were in the playoffs a few years back, and the Browns are probably on the same level as us but they appear to have their QBOTF and they stole Hillis from us, laughing all the way to the airport. Top that with the fact that our defense has sucked for years now.

McDaniels came in, jettisoned our young talent on offense, CHEATED, got caught, then capped off a 4 win season with an interim coach in which our QB was booed in favor of a rookie long-term project, resulting in the total restructuring of our front office.

I think it's safe to say McDaniels was quite destructive in his 2 years here.

BroncoWave
08-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Really? I'm pretty sure they all drafted after we did last year. Arizona was in a Super Bowl not that long ago, the Lions have young talent all over the offense, the Bengals are dismal, no doubt, but they were in the playoffs a few years back, and the Browns are probably on the same level as us but they appear to have their QBOTF and they stole Hillis from us, laughing all the way to the airport. Top that with the fact that our defense has sucked for years now.

McDaniels came in, jettisoned our young talent on offense, CHEATED, got caught, then capped off a 4 win season with an interim coach in which our QB was booed in favor of a rookie long-term project, resulting in the total restructuring of our front office.

I think it's safe to say McDaniels was quite destructive in his 2 years here.

I'm not talking about RIGHT NOW. I'm talking about as a general trend in the last 20 years or so. Those 4 franchises were HOPELESS for years and years and years. Denver is still a LONG way from that level of destruction.