PDA

View Full Version : Camp Confidential: Denver Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
08-17-2011, 02:32 PM
By Bill Williamson

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For a franchise that was accused of turning stale a few years ago, the Denver Broncos have become pros at taking fresh approaches.

For the second time in three training camps, Denver has a new head coach. John Fox takes over after the disastrous 23-month Josh McDaniels regime. From 1995 to 2008, the Broncos were the picture of coaching constancy. It was the Mike Shanahan show. Everyone knew it.

But the Broncos have been in flux and have gone from one of the better-run organizations in the NFL to a team that is grasping for an identity. Denver hasn’t been to the playoffs since the 2005 season. It hasn’t had a winning record since 2006.

rest of article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/30579/camp-confidential-broncos-2

hotcarl
08-17-2011, 03:05 PM
By Bill Williamson

rest of article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/30579/camp-confidential-broncos-2

camp confidential? more like cramp exponential- these turds showed up out of shape and the cramps are piling up!

SpringsBroncoFan
08-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks Carol...

It's nice to finally read something about Nate Irving... I guess it's a nice problem to let him fight it out vs. two vets ahead of him...

PAINTERDAVE
08-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah Ty Warren an Thomas both hurt..

add in from the article......

"•Defensive end Robert Ayers has been getting chances to break out in camp, but he has been slow to show progress. He was the No. 18 overall pick in the 2009 draft.

•Receiver Brandon Lloyd has been slowed by swelling in his knee. Still, the team expects him to contribute. Lloyd had a breakout season in 2010 -- 77 catches for 1,448 yards.

•The second-round draft class of 2009 has been a bust. Tight end Richard Quinn is hurt and could be the odd man out. "

They need to cut Quinn....
Lloyd was just laying on the turf in pain at camp...
they say it looked like his knee had a problem.... Not good.
Clady seemed to have a problem..
they pulled him from practice after he was holding his leg...
Ayers has looked ordinary they say... almost invisible.

I want to think this team is gonna turn around right away...
but I think we are gonna need to have a lot of patience..

funny how suddenly a bunch of people are predicting 9 and 10 wins....

Jsteve01
08-17-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't listen to anything bagel bill has to say. anyone believe he's flying back and forth between Oakland, Dego, KC and Denver or is he just rehashing more crap he's heard off twitter. To me he'll always be the dunce who failed miserably in his attempt fill Schefter's shoes.

Lancane
08-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Again I'm not real surprised...we're rebuilding for crying out loud and to top it off we're doing so with two previously bad drafts and a depleted roster which has some key youthful figures but nothing spectacular. We're a jigsaw puzzle of estranged talent and this season is nothing more then one big audition.

I know some of you are like what the F' are you talking about Cane? But look at the facts, because we're rebuilding we know there will be some time constraints but the Broncos want to build from a foundation on up. Tebow has to impress the coaching staff that he is the future between now and January (we will not see the playoffs, not unless we found a loaded horseshoe somewhere) which means he has to show enough to make them forgo drafting someone better...it's not likely to happen. Moreno has to improve across the board, it's an audition as much for him as Tebow, same with McGahee...if Moreno fails then McGahee becomes a feature back and we'll need to find him his backfield mate somewhere and Moreno is likely gone. Lloyd is auditioning not so much for a position but possibly for an extension, whereas Decker and Royal are auditioning for their futures. Demaryius Thomas is likely to be cut after the season if he doesn't step it up and prove he's worth the money, so again it's an audition...and it's as much an audition for Mike McCoy as well...if his running of the offense is questionable, I don't think Elway would be hesitant to bring in someone from a different offensive system especially from a West Coast tree because he knows the success of the offense and Fox has used it in the past and scrap the whole damn thing, especially since Elway knows so many in that tree.

Offensively who is safe? Decker if he has an above average season, Lloyd if he is comparable to last year, Royal if he plays up to his standards. Clady and most of the offensive line, McGahee and Larson, and a couple of tight ends. Defensively who is really safe? Dumervil, Moore, Miller and Bailey, I would say that while we've got depth that only a select few are completely safe. Thus my saying this is one big freaking audition across the board. I mean how many people really believe if we go 3-13 or even 5-11 that the roster is going to resemble what it does now? How many believe if we field an offense that is below the halfway mark that McCoy is going to retain his position?

That's the fun of this season, because we'll see who wants a job, who wants to stay a Bronco (other then Horton)...