PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted -- MileHighReport.com

TheSportsGuru
11-24-2008, 10:56 PM
I talked to Tned before posting this and he gave it his blessing --

Mile High Report is looking for your help.

We are trying to round out our front page, regularly scheduled content, and we realize that we have no "stats guy."

Do you know the difference between DVOA and DPAR? Is KUBIAK more than just Elways backup and Houston's head coach? When you try to solve a Bronco's problem do you find yourself scanning the stat lines for clues?

We could use you.

We are looking for help digging up statistics to back up arguments, original ideas regarding the numbers Broncos past and present have put up, and insightful analysis of trends and where they may be leading. More than just a number cruncher, we are looking for someone who loves to dig down into those numbers and find the information, the correlations and the explanations behind the box score. Sometimes those numbers are the only thing between us and the truth, and only a guide who understands can lead us through or around them. If you have an idea for a regular analysis that can be a weekly affair, that is even better, and if you can't get enough of the Broncos, and spend your offseason as involved as you do your Sundays, then there is no question that you are our guy or gal.

We aren't expecting constant brilliant analysis, but we would like to see a passion for the pursuit of that kind of insight. We understand as well as anyone that keeping your eye on the goal is half the battle. The other half is the grit and tenacity to stick with plans, and by that light we will be requiring a minimum of one post every week. A requirement is a challenge, and can even be a deal breaker, but we know you can do it. And if you show that you can do it, then you will have the support of guys who will have your back when you can't.

We are prepared to offer significant pay, in the form of empty promises of loose women (or men) and grog. No, don't thank us. It is our pleasure.

If you are interested email Guru at milehighreport@gmail.com and supply some examples of what you can do, or point us towards your work if you have it posted elsewhere.

We are looking forward to working with you!

We are also looking for a salary cap guru and someone to head up our college scouting/draft area.

NightTrainLayne
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Either Studbucket or Frauchiesze would be great for this if they have the time.

Crush05
11-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Has anyone asked mtnman. He is always backing his statements with facts and numbers. His write up are top notch!!!

frauschieze
11-25-2008, 10:55 AM

I've seen the quality of work they put in over at MHR and while I understand stats pretty well, I don't know that I've got enough in the writing banks to crank out a quality post to their standards every week.

But I do agree that Stud should look into this if he's got the time.

NightTrainLayne
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I've seen the quality of work they put in over at MHR and while I understand stats pretty well, I don't know that I've got enough in the writing banks to crank out a quality post to their standards every week.

Don't sell yourself short. When you put your mind to it, you're as good as anyone. . .Back when you first joined the Freak you had some great posts/threads regarding stats and numbers. Not that you don't now, but they're just in another direction.

Buff
11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought maybe we were scouring the net looking for free safeties.

TheSportsGuru
11-25-2008, 12:34 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought maybe we were scouring the net looking for free safeties.

Any help at safety would be welcome as well!!:beer:

Dean
11-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Any help at safety would be welcome as well!!:beer:

. . . and help at safety does carry a significant monetary reward and a high likelihood of women.:lol:

studbucket
11-26-2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks to both of you, and I would absolutely love to take my STAR Ratings and such over to MHR with me, but I just don't have time.

I stared at the 'help wanted' post painfully, because it was something that sounded so great, but I knew I have no time to touch it until May or June.

Shazam!
11-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Even if he doesn't have the time, I'd have to think G-Money.

CoachChaz
11-26-2008, 10:51 AM
I use to scout high school football. Maybe I could help out in the scouting area

broncofaninfla
11-26-2008, 11:00 AM
I have to say I make it a point of reading G-Money's posts when I can. Very good writer.

LordTrychon
11-26-2008, 11:02 AM
This thread now has 12 posts.

Edit: 13.

CoachChaz
11-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I have to say I make it a point of reading G-Money's posts when I can. Very good writer.

Everybody loves G.

LRtagger
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
9 out of 10 people think stats are useless

studbucket
11-26-2008, 03:08 PM

Similarly, 7/5 of all people don't understand fractions.

Dean
11-26-2008, 03:51 PM

That's obvious because 9 out of 10 stats are just made up on the spot. ;)

Dean
11-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Similarly, 7/5 of all people don't understand fractions.

It's probably closer to 8/5 of all people. :confused:

haroldthebarrel
11-26-2008, 04:03 PM
People who says stats are lies are usually way off.

Stats don't lie, but they don't say more or less than what is calculated.
How people represent and interpret them, then they become lies(or actually misrepresentations).

topscribe
11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
People who says stats are lies are usually way off.

Stats don't lie, but they don't say more or less than what is calculated.
How people represent and interpret them, then they become lies(or actually misrepresentations).

Careful . . . if Guru sees this post, you might be automatically hired . . .

-----