View Full Version : On the ticket today - 8-16

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.denverssportsstation.com/index.php

Under Ticket Replay

Brandon Lloyd with Vic and Gary!

AND

Nate Kreckman with Brian Dawkins

Brian had some very interesting things to say.

Thnikkaman
08-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Subscribing for a listen later.

underrated29
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
please post for those unfortunate people who cannot listen.

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Lloyd revealed something interesting. On that first and goal it was suppose to be running play but Orton audibled to the fade pass because he had single coverage. I bring that up because some people were wondering why we passed when we were that close to the end zone.

Northman
08-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Lloyd revealed something interesting. On that first and goal it was suppose to be running play but Orton audibled to the fade pass because he had single coverage. I bring that up because some people were wondering why we passed when we were that close to the end zone.

That is interesting. And it pisses me off if true. We were running at will on them and everybody who was watching knew we should of just kept pounding the ball. I hope Fox talked to Orton about that after that series.

chazoe60
08-16-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard on the radio that Fox absolutely hates the fade route in the RZ too. :laugh: He said something to the effect of "if there's a fade route as a hot route he'll throw that play out of the playbook"'

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-16-2011, 09:03 PM
That is interesting. And it pisses me off if true. We were running at will on them and everybody who was watching knew we should of just kept pounding the ball. I hope Fox talked to Orton about that after that series.

It reminded me of when he audibled to a passing play at the goal last year against Oakland when they moved the ball down there with Moreno. That was the play when Moreno just waived his hands in disgust at Orton.

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 09:04 PM

Lloyd's explanation was that Orton saw single coverage that's why Orton audibled to the pass. But if I recall right it said it wasn't good place to call for that type of pass.

Lancane
08-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Lloyd's explanation was that Orton saw single coverage that's why Orton audibled to the pass. But if I recall right it said it wasn't good place to call for that type of pass.

That's a good oxymoron TX, Orton Seeing Coverage! :lol:

chazoe60
08-16-2011, 09:06 PM
It reminded me of when he audibled to a passing play at the goal last year against Oakland when they moved the ball down there with Moreno. That was the play when Moreno just waived his hands in disgust at Orton.

Orton did that a lot last year. Mayne it's symptomatic of the atrogance he's shown with some of his statements as of late. Or I'm off base. Probably the latter.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-16-2011, 09:07 PM

First and goal from the one is NEVER the right time or place for a pass play. Geez, had Lloyd been completely uncovered out there I still would've preferred to run it. Our O-line needs practice RUN BLOCKING in short yardage and redzone situations!

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 09:08 PM
That's a good oxymoron TX, Orton Seeing Coverage! :lol:

Lloyd said it not me. :lol:

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 09:10 PM
First and goal from the one is NEVER the right time or place for a pass play. Geez, had Lloyd been completely uncovered out there I still would've preferred to run it. Our O-line needs practice RUN BLOCKING in short yardage and redzone situations!

We've seen passes from close to the goal line before. But I don't remember ever seeing a fade in that situation.

Northman
08-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Yes, but Orton is playing for Bud Kilmer. Not John Fox. :lol:

Clipworthy
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Orton audibled to field goal :listen:

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 09:35 PM
On a different note the Dawkins interview was interesting to say the least.

Canmore
08-16-2011, 09:38 PM
On a different note the Dawkins interview was interesting to say the least.

What did he have to say.

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 09:55 PM
What did he have to say.

He preparing for the season and passing his experience onto younger players. He also talked about the locker room being calmer than it had been the past two seasons.

Canmore
08-16-2011, 09:57 PM
He preparing for the season and passing his experience onto younger players. He also talked about the locker room being calmer than it had been the past two seasons.

Thank you.

Canmore
08-16-2011, 09:59 PM

Sounds good. Hopefully the turmoil is over in Dove Valley.

(We sure could use a couple of defensive tackles :laugh:)

broncobryce
08-16-2011, 10:00 PM

No more strippers?

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Thank you.

You're welcome.

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 10:02 PM
No more strippers?

The pole dancers were fired the same day McDaniels was.

Canmore
08-16-2011, 10:05 PM

Guess we will have to look on the field for entertainment. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
I did not get a chance to hear much of what Brian said, as I was driving, but he stated something in effect to having "fresh legs" this year, compared to last year, and Nate ask him what he meant, and Brian said something about how things were different. Hopefully someone listened to everything Brian said, and could explain it better than I did.

Canmore
08-17-2011, 01:40 AM
We need Brian Dawkins to return to the form of two years ago. A dip in the fountain of youth for one last season.

MileHighCrew
08-17-2011, 07:34 AM

so that's why we lost out on a lot of FA's?

TXBRONC
08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
so that's why we lost out on a lot of FA's?

I'm afraid so. :tsk: