PDA

View Full Version : What Now???

Broncomarkie
08-16-2011, 02:58 PM
With Ty Warren possibly being out the rest of the season, and Marcus Thomas being hurt for most if not all the preseason..I wanted to get your opinions on what we can do now to help our defensive line.

BroncoStud
08-16-2011, 03:03 PM
59-14.

Fixing the line should have been done in the draft and in free agency. We missed on key guys. Now might be time to put Orton and a draft pick on the block for a DT.

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Well, fortunately DEN has a 2nd round rookie DT in Stephen Paea that they can simply plug into the......................darnit.

Broncomarkie
08-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Are there any good DT'S on the trade block

GEM
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
So, those things aren't going to happen, so any ideas on what should.

vandammage13
08-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Are there any good DT'S on the trade block

Miami is loaded on the D-line...just sayin'...

xzn
08-16-2011, 03:11 PM

Next man up would mean guys like McBean and/or Jarmon have a better shot at playing and showing something.

Maybe we get lucky with our WW spot once cuts go down.

dogfish
08-16-2011, 03:13 PM
it's too late to fix it this year unless some great trade magically falls in our lap. . .

we'll just use our typical smoke and mirrors. . . and probably play eight in the box all year, and then decide we need more corners and safeties when our coverage doesn't hold up. . . isn't that what we always do?

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Re-sign Lendale and start feeding him pizzas.
Not only did Stephen Paea impress with CHI in their 1st preseason game, but so did fellow 2nd rounder Jarvis Jenkins with WASH.
I heard Rahim Moore can slap fight like its nobodys buisness though!
Just sayin.....

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Well, fortunately DEN has a 2nd round rookie DT in Stephen Paea that they can simply plug into the......................darnit.

people are complaining about signing a proven vet with injury problems, and drafting Thomas coming off the foot, but you think it makes sense to draft Paea coming off the knee? come on man

HORSEPOWER 56
Miami is loaded on the D-line...just sayin'...

Troof!

rationalfan
call chicken little.

he'll tell you ... IT'S ONLY THE SECOND WEEK OF PRESEASON.

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Not only did Stephen Paea impress with CHI in their 1st preseason game, but so did fellow 2nd rounder Jarvis Jenkins with WASH.
Just sayin.....

so now we're comparing the 4th or 5th best tackle from this draft to the best safety? wow we got hosed.

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Troof!

and it's been reported over and over that the deal fell through because of Orton's contract demands not the Broncos...can't trade him if they couldn't get him signed. But I guess that's EFX's fault too.

silkamilkamonico
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Not much you can do now except wait and see who gets cut.

Teams are not going to draft young promising dline, or probably not DT in general. It's one of the hardest positions to develop.

I do not feel like trading away a good portion of our draft next year just to acquire a questionable DT to help get us through this year's injuries. It makes no sense whatsoever from a business standpoint. I think our only legitimate option is to wait and see who gets cut.

Slick
08-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Just go sign a couple of sumo wrestlers.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Just sayin.....

how did Paea impress again socal...did he even get in the game?

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Okoye on the other hand looked like a freaking animal in that game. He's who I was pushing for...still don't know what the Bears deal looked like

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 03:35 PM
people are complaining about signing a proven vet with injury problems, and drafting Thomas coming off the foot, but you think it makes sense to draft Paea coming off the knee? come on man

Knee is fine. Hes done nothing but play spectacular so far.

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 03:36 PM
how did Paea impress again socal...did he even get in the game?

Sack assist. Check the Chicago Tribune i think they even have an article on his play.

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 03:40 PM
so now we're comparing the 4th or 5th best tackle from this draft to the best safety? wow we got hosed.

Not if DEN gets into a slap fight!

HORSEPOWER 56
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Okoye on the other hand looked like a freaking animal in that game. He's who I was pushing for...still don't know what the Bears deal looked like

Nothing. The Texans waived him and the Bears signed him off waivers. His contract this year is something like $2.5 mil.

This was the guy we SHOULD'VE snatched up before he hit the ground. We were too busy courting Ty Warren at the time, though.

BigDaddyBronco
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Yea and an undrafted FA safety we got last year in McCarthy is playing better than the #1 safety in the draft.

dogfish
08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
a couple of points-- we're comparing what i heard multiple analysts call "one of the worst safety classes in the last 20 years" to the best DL class i've ever seen. . .

also, rahim moore was the second-rated safety-- the converted corner from texas (can't remember his name off the top of my head) was rated higher by guys like mayock, and was in fact drafted higher. . .

doesn't matter anyway. . . we have the scrawny little shit now, best hope he can fill the alley effectively. . .

OrangeHoof
08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Everyone still has to make cuts, No need to panic yet.

dogfish
08-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Everyone still has to make cuts, No need to panic yet.

there's no need to panic at all, if you know where your towel is. . . .

it's only football, and our defense can't finish much worse than last year's. . .

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Yea and an undrafted FA safety we got last year in McCarthy is playing better than the #1 safety in the draft.

right...McCarthey looked way better

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Not if DEN gets into a slap fight!

link? I can't find anything and he didn't even make the stat line on nfl.com

here's what the fans had to say...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12123552

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
My thing is we haven't even seen the product on the field. Again every player picked was considered value at the spot taken...we restocked the backers...got a mauler for the run game and a couple of safeties. McD depleted the talent on this roster to the point that there's no way you fix it all in one offseason. Im willing to let them play a few games before I write the season off.

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 04:10 PM
right...McCarthey looked way better

and if you go back an watch film on him from Notre Dame you'll see he was also the best safety on the team when Bruton was there...he has great football instincts.

NightTerror218
08-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Trade Orton for a starter.....just saying....maybe seattle would part with a certain DT they signed.......

MOtorboat
08-16-2011, 04:16 PM

He got into a fight with Lloyd in practice yesterday.

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 04:18 PM
He got into a fight with Lloyd in practice yesterday.

talkin about the great game SoCal said Paea had on Sunday...only he didn't even make it into the stat line. Okoye was the dominant tackle in that game.

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Trade Orton for a starter.....just saying....maybe seattle would part with a certain DT they signed.......

give em a full preseason with Jackson and Whitehurst and then talk to me

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Footballs future!?!?!? Really!??! REALLY!?!? Thats your link?
How did "nickelanddimes" mock draft turn out? Wow just wow.

"And Paea showed no limitations from the knee swelling that kept him out of a few training camp practices.

He even assisted on a sack, running and stunt with fellow interior lineman Amobi Okoye, allowing Okoye to chase Bills quarterback Tyler Thigpen out of bounds for a loss.

"It felt pretty good being out there," Paea said. "And to be able to play the whole second half … this one was for my family."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-rookie-dt-paea-dedicates-debut-to-family-20110815,0,597056.story

Meanwhile Moore is getting slapped down by Kyle McCarthy, an undrafted player. Great.

NightTerror218
08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
give em a full preseason with Jackson and Whitehurst and then talk to me

I saw the first preseason game.....the seachickens looked like crap with jackson....he was lost

BroncoStud
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I saw the first preseason game.....the seachickens looked like crap with jackson....he was lost

Orton is a definite upgrade to Jackson and probably Whitehurst. We will know a lot more this weekend from Miami and Seattle, and even Washington though I doubt Shanahan likes Orton's lack of mobility at all, plus he already has Grossman on the roster.

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Orton is a definite upgrade to Jackson and probably Whitehurst. We will know a lot more this weekend from Miami and Seattle, and even Washington though I doubt Shanahan likes Orton's lack of mobility at all, plus he already has Grossman on the roster.

Orton is not goin anywhere. DEN is simply stuck until next years draft.

sneakers
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Cancel the season, it is over.

NightTerror218
08-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Orton is not goin anywhere. DEN is simply stuck until next years draft.

Did the trade deadline pass and I missed it or something?

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Did the trade deadline pass and I missed it or something?

Well over at footballs future they are on mock week 14, so yeah, its passed. :welcome:

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Well over at footballs future they are on mock week 14, so yeah, its passed. :welcome:

well let's see here Socal...it's pretty easy to peruse the line at nfl.com and see he didn't have an assist and he didn't have a tackle...all that while playing the entire second half....go fish bro

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011081352/2011/PRE1/bills@bears#tab:analyze

I was posting the only print I could find on Paea's "impressive" debut.

rcsodak
08-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Plus, they get 2nd dibs on all waivers.

Warren was 2nd team at the time. And for all the "we need to get younger" crying, well......heres their chance.

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 05:05 PM
and I like Paea...I just find it ironic that people will bitch out of one side of their mouths about taking a guy coming off hip or foot surgery but then tout a guy with zero stats from half a game played, who happens to be coming off a knee injury.

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM

that's what im saying...Jackson and Whitehurst is a horrible, just horrible stable of qbs...Tim Tebow is more devoloped than Jackson at this point and Quinn has more moxy than Whitehurst...I'd hate to be a seachickens fan this year.

NightTerror218
08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
that's what im saying...Jackson and Whitehurst is a horrible, just horrible stable of qbs...Tim Tebow is more devoloped than Jackson at this point and Quinn has more moxy than Whitehurst...I'd hate to be a seachickens fan this year.

I could see them making a trade for a QB...somewhere....neither will fill Hassebeck (sp?) shoes

Jsteve01
08-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I could see them making a trade for a QB...somewhere....neither will fill Hassebeck (sp?) shoes

They were stupid to let Matt go. They don't have a legit starter in the fold at this point....and I just love all the ridiculous stuff that Carroll and their GM have been spouting about Tarvaris getting a raw deal. All after declaring Whitehurst their starter before signing Jackson....that group is a joke.

NightTerror218
08-16-2011, 05:38 PM
They were stupid to let Matt go. They don't have a legit starter in the fold at this point....and I just love all the ridiculous stuff that Carroll and their GM have been spouting about Tarvaris getting a raw deal. All after declaring Whitehurst their starter before signing Jackson....that group is a joke.

They are, but I think Caroll wants a certain QB from USC.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Well, if we wanted to sign someone, we've got plenty of space ($24 mil under the cap as of 8/15). Kinda pisses me off that we didn't pursue Mebane harder.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/16/updated-cap-space-for-all-32-teams/?module=HP11_content_stream

BroncoStud
08-16-2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah, so far they don't seem much better than McDaniels/Xanders. Some of the moves they have made are just ridiculous.

rationalfan
08-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah, so far they don't seem much better than McDaniels/Xanders. Some of the moves they have made are just ridiculous.

only if ridiculous = not agreeing with your armchair GMing.

the moves the team has made have been sound. they haven't been stupid (all for reasonable money). they haven't been impulsive. and they haven't been stellar, either.

they've been calculated. and, though it's early, it's easy to get the sense they don't view this team as a quick fix. they're building a foundation for the future. i think that's smart, even if it means they won't win the hype award of signing big name free agents who often fizzle after signing a huge contract (those are only good for message board hysteria).

so far i like the moves the front office has made. i hope that feeling remains 16 months from now.

EDIT/UPDATE: uh, my bad. i didn't realize you were commenting on the seattle moves until after i posted. but, ignore my first sentence and i still stand by the post in reference to the broncos FO.

dogfish
08-16-2011, 10:33 PM
they've been calculated. and, though it's early, it's easy to get the sense they don't view this team as a quick fix. they're building a foundation for the future. i think that's smart, even if it means they won't win the hype award of signing big name free agents who often fizzle after signing a huge contract (those are only good for message board hysteria).

Tougher. Smarter. Cheaper. More Physical.

;)

Canmore
08-16-2011, 11:04 PM
59-14.

Fixing the line should have been done in the draft and in free agency. We missed on key guys. Now might be time to put Orton and a draft pick on the block for a DT.

Nobody wants Orton at his price. I guess we will be looking hard at the waiver wire and camp cuts.

dogfish
08-16-2011, 11:26 PM

so far i like the moves the front office has made. i hope that feeling remains 16 months from now.

seriously, i love these sour grapes type of posts that we get every year after we whiff in free agency. . . i particularly love the portrayal of our front office as these hardened pro's-- no-nonsense, gritty wheeler-dealers that just make rock solid moves. . . it's amazing how we constantly find these incredible values, while dreamer franchises like the eagles (or whoever it is that particular year) just flush money down the toilet on useless "talent" that's all hype and no substance. . . nnamdi asomugha? just a creation of ESPN! if those teams were smarter, they'd just mine gems out of the dumpster like we do. . .

seriously. . . when we signed niko K and marlon mccree, there was an avalanche of praise for our FO finding such bargains-- people were ecstatic that we'd "upgraded" our defense so much. . .

this year, i've already heard people saying they're thankful we didn't "overpay" for mebane. . .

it amuses the hell out of me that people act like saving money somehow translates into a positive for the franchise. . . fact of the matter is, it doesn't do a damn bit of good unless the money that was saved gets reinvested. . . for example, it may have been a win if we saved money on DTs this year, but went out and signed steven tulloch and jonathon joseph to be long-term solutions at problem spots. . . however, that extra cash certainly doesn't improve the team by sitting in bowlen's bank account. . . we're 24 million dollars below the cap!

but hey. . . when we're realistically out of the playoff hunt early in november, we can all take a lot of solace in our Off-season Thrifty Shopper award. . .

as to the suggestions that big name free agents are a "waste" of money-- go ask chicago if they think they wasted money on peppers after they went to the NFC championship game after acquiring him. . .

hell. . . our super bowl teams featured a hall of famer singed in free agency, IIRC. . .

Canmore
08-17-2011, 01:49 AM
seriously, i love these sour grapes type of posts that we get every year after we whiff in free agency. . . i particularly love the portrayal of our front office as these hardened pro's-- no-nonsense, gritty wheeler-dealers that just make rock solid moves. . . it's amazing how we constantly find these incredible values, while dreamer franchises like the eagles (or whoever it is that particular year) just flush money down the toilet on useless "talent" that's all hype and no substance. . . nnamdi asomugha? just a creation of ESPN! if those teams were smarter, they'd just mine gems out of the dumpster like we do. . .

seriously. . . when we signed niko K and marlon mccree, there was an avalanche of praise for our FO finding such bargains-- people were ecstatic that we'd "upgraded" our defense so much. . .

this year, i've already heard people saying they're thankful we didn't "overpay" for mebane. . .

it amuses the hell out of me that people act like saving money somehow translates into a positive for the franchise. . . fact of the matter is, it doesn't do a damn bit of good unless the money that was saved gets reinvested. . . for example, it may have been a win if we saved money on DTs this year, but went out and signed steven tulloch and jonathon joseph to be long-term solutions at problem spots. . . however, that extra cash certainly doesn't improve the team by sitting in bowlen's bank account. . . we're 24 million dollars below the cap!

but hey. . . when we're realistically out of the playoff hunt early in november, we can all take a lot of solace in our Off-season Thrifty Shopper award. . .

as to the suggestions that big name free agents are a "waste" of money-- go ask chicago if they think they wasted money on peppers after they went to the NFC championship game after acquiring him. . .

hell. . . our super bowl teams featured a hall of famer singed in free agency, IIRC. . .

If you're referring to Neil Smith he is not in the Hall of Fame. Arguably, he probably should be. Another outstanding player that played on a small market team. If he had played on the east coast...He was definitely a great pickup. He along with Alfred Williams and Darrien Gordon really transformed the defense on our Super Bowl runs. Not to bad a haul in free agency.

dogfish
08-17-2011, 02:07 AM
If you're referring to Neil Smith he is not in the Hall of Fame. Arguably, he probably should be. Another outstanding player that played on a small market team. If he had played on the east coast...He was definitely a great pickup. He along with Alfred Williams and Darrien Gordon really transformed the defense on our Super Bowl runs. Not to bad a haul in free agency.

gary zimmerman. . . ;)

Canmore
08-17-2011, 02:13 AM
gary zimmerman. . . ;)

If I understood your post, I thought you inferred he was a free agent. We got Zimmerman from the Vikings in a trade where Dan Reeves gave up a first round draft pick for him. Reeves actually made a move to protect Elway's blind side.

BroncoStud
08-17-2011, 02:18 AM
only if ridiculous = not agreeing with your armchair GMing.

the moves the team has made have been sound. they haven't been stupid (all for reasonable money). they haven't been impulsive. and they haven't been stellar, either.

EDIT/UPDATE: uh, my bad. i didn't realize you were commenting on the seattle moves until after i posted. but, ignore my first sentence and i still stand by the post in reference to the broncos FO.

We did OK this year in free agency. I think we could have done better but I am also hoping that being thrifty this year means we're planning something big NEXT year. I think first and foremost it's time to get old cap hits off of the books.

We settled at DT. Guys like Mebane and Gregg would be certain upgrades over what we have and add instant credibility to our defense. Right now we are going into the season SOFT once again right up the middle, with suspect safeties, aging CBs, and Lbers that aren't making plays at the line of scrimmage, in large part because of the weakness at DT.

I think our pass rush should be much better with Doom back and hoping that our resident Aggie produces in his rookie season, but overall these injuries are DT are devestating, losing Ty Warren is a major blow where it hurts. It would have been nice to have some young guys with upside to rely on, I question our logic in the draft when we so desperately need to stop the run we use the #2 overall pick to get a speed rusher, then we don't address DT.

I also have this sinking suspicion that our offense is going to regress as well. As much as I despise McDaniels, the little ***** knows how to move the football and get the most of out system quarterbacks. McCoy has shown me NOTHING to make me believe he is a capable OC and playcaller, on top of that Kyle Orton has never produced well in a more traditional offense where he is under center more than in shotgun.

I fully expected we would suck this year and I am hoping it nets us Andrew Luck, which is unlikely but would be fantastic, but to say our front office has done a good job is premature, they really haven't done MUCH at all. That may be the plan, it may not, but we are still weak on defense where it matters, I know that much.

As far as Seattle goes, the team I was actually talking about, Pete Carroll is throwing around money, players, and draft picks like McDaniels did. He's like a kid in a candystore and thus far I don't think anyone can say Seattle is ANY better than when he took over. Certainly they are worse at QB.

Canmore
08-17-2011, 02:24 AM
We did OK this year in free agency. I think we could have done better but I am also hoping that being thrifty this year means we're planning something big NEXT year. I think first and foremost it's time to get old cap hits off of the books.

We settled at DT. Guys like Mebane and Gregg would be certain upgrades over what we have and add instant credibility to our defense. Right now we are going into the season SOFT once again right up the middle, with suspect safeties, aging CBs, and Lbers that aren't making plays at the line of scrimmage, in large part because of the weakness at DT.

I think our pass rush should be much better with Doom back and hoping that our resident Aggie produces in his rookie season, but overall these injuries are DT are devestating, losing Ty Warren is a major blow where it hurts. It would have been nice to have some young guys with upside to rely on, I question our logic in the draft when we so desperately need to stop the run we use the #2 overall pick to get a speed rusher, then we don't address DT.

I also have this sinking suspicion that our offense is going to regress as well. As much as I despise McDaniels, the little ***** knows how to move the football and get the most of out system quarterbacks. McCoy has shown me NOTHING to make me believe he is a capable OC and playcaller, on top of that Kyle Orton has never produced well in a more traditional offense where he is under center more than in shotgun.

I fully expected we would suck this year and I am hoping it nets us Andrew Luck, which is unlikely but would be fantastic, but to say our front office has done a good job is premature, they really haven't done MUCH at all. That may be the plan, it may not, but we are still weak on defense where it matters, I know that much.

As far as Seattle goes, the team I was actually talking about, Pete Carroll is throwing around money, players, and draft picks like McDaniels did. He's like a kid in a candystore and thus far I don't think anyone can say Seattle is ANY better than when he took over. Certainly they are worse at QB.

I feel that the front office has done a reasonable job this season considering how talent depleted we really were. Would I like to have seen a better solution at defensive tackle? Yes. This is a multi year rebuilding process and I'm willing to ride with Fox and Elway for a while.

sneakers
08-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Just go sign a couple of sumo wrestlers.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Or a walrus.

dogfish
08-17-2011, 02:44 AM
If I understood your post, I thought you inferred he was a free agent. We got Zimmerman from the Vikings in a trade where Dan Reeves gave up a first round draft pick for him. Reeves actually made a move to protect Elway's blind side.

gotcha. . . i couldn't remember for sure how we obtained zimm, i thought he was in the first wave of free agency. . . i lived in ohio then, and wasn't a big internet user, so i wasn't able to follow the team nearly as closely as i do now. . .

:salute:

HORSEPOWER 56
08-17-2011, 07:06 AM
It appears as if we've decided to go the Browncos route on the defensive line this year. We've scoured the league for players who were drafted high but didn't produce as expected for whatever reason (Bunkley, Harvey - like Gerrard Warren and Courtney Brown) and we're trying the "second chance/new scenery" approach. FYI, we've also thrown our name into the hat for Aaron Maybin. NFLN is reporting we're one of about 5 teams who have made him an offer. Another 1st round DE underachiever.

We also signed Warren to be our cagey veteran. It's really nobody's fault that he got hurt, shit happens like it did with Doom last year. It's not like his hip wasn't properly healed from surgery and our med staff missed it. It's an arm injury that nobody could've predicted.

I wish I knew what the thought process is in Denver. They can't possibly look at our current DTs and think we're "set" at the position. Maybe they really are hoping to pick up a guy or two during roster cut downs, but then the likely hood of getting someone who is actually productive is slim and none. We didn't address DT in the draft and we made a half-hearted attempt in FA bringing in Warren and Bunkley and I just don't think it's going to be enough. We have a ton of money to spend and I just don't know why we didn't attempt to fix the biggest hole on defense more than we did.

SOCALORADO.
08-17-2011, 07:44 AM
well let's see here Socal...it's pretty easy to peruse the line at nfl.com and see he didn't have an assist and he didn't have a tackle...all that while playing the entire second half....go fish bro

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011081352/2011/PRE1/bills@bears#tab:analyze

I was posting the only print I could find on Paea's "impressive" debut.

If you mean impressive as in he didnt rip off his triceps and is now going to miss the entire season, yeah thats impressive.
No, instead he had a sack assist as the thread i posted from the Chicago Tribune stated and hes done nothing but impress so far.
Keep hanging from those little dingleberries in between ryasn mcbeans legs though. Everything should be just fine.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-rookie-dt-paea-dedicates-debut-to-family-20110815,0,597056.story

MOtorboat
08-17-2011, 08:35 AM
We have a ton of money to spend and I just don't know why we didn't attempt to fix the biggest hole on defense more than we did.

The draft criticms are very valid arguments. People think this was a deep draft at DT, and Denver didn't get one, and that frustrates people, and I get that...

But the FA criticisms are just not fair. Horse, I'm quoting you, but you're not the only one who has brought this up...

How do you know they didn't attempt to fix it. The Broncos don't operate in a vaccuum. There are 31 teams out there trying to sign free agents. Because the Broncos didn't land the top free agents doesn't mean they didn't try. It appears Mebane wanted to stay in Seattle and used Denver as leverage. That's not on the Broncos Front Office, that's just how the free agency business works. The Broncos were not a very desireable place to land this offseason with as many uncertainties as they had. So, it's fair to say they failed at landing a top flight DT, but it is not fair to say they didn't attempt to.

The Glue Factory
08-17-2011, 09:24 AM
there's no need to panic at all, if you know where your towel is. . . .

it's only football, and our defense can't finish much worse than last year's. . .

Hey! You sass that hoopy Hoptard? Now there's a frood who really knows where their towel's at!

I see you have your Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses with you. :cool:

broken12
08-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Tank johnson is available lets get him once he clears waivers.......

rationalfan
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM

good post. you're not wrong. i just don' think it's an accurate response to what i wrote. i didn't characterize the front office as hardened pros. i just offered my assessment of their 2011 FA moves; they've been ok and sensible. no home runs, but i also don't see any big whiffs that translate to wasted money (which, in denver lately, is a pretty good thing.)