PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Banned

Moderator Team
08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
After taking some time to thoroughly discuss the future of BroncosForums and the current happenings of the board, we have come to the agreement that the posting privileges of Lonestar/Jrwiz will be permanently revoked. While we won't discuss the exact reasons for, nor will we allow posters to use this thread as an instrument to attack or demean said poster, we did feel that because of Lonestar/Jrwiz's history with the board, you all deserve a bit more than just our normal banning procedures. We would like to thank Lonestar for all of his hard work on the Forums, he was instrumental in getting this place off the ground and help make it what it is today.

This decision was as near a unanimous decision as a group of ten people can come to. We did not take this action lightly, and have deliberated seriously. We are all sincerely upset that it has come to this. We acknowledge the hard work and contributions that Lonestar/Jrwiz put in during the early days of the site, and probably cut more slack than we should have in recognition of that. Perhaps some of the fault is ours because of this.

While it is not the intent of the board to enforce any one point of view on any issue, it is the responsibility of Mod team to maintain some measure of decorum here; in short, to enforce such rules as are approved by the community, and most of all to keep the site a fun place to discuss Broncos football and a number of other topics in a hopefully friendly and congenial manner.

underrated29
08-16-2011, 02:59 PM
This is a joke right?

Northman
08-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Totally understandable.

underrated29
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
WOW!!!

Honestly, I think that is pretty weak.:frown:

Northman
08-16-2011, 03:16 PM
WOW!!!

Honestly, I think that is pretty weak.:frown:

Well, you never know. Maybe after a few months he can re-apply with good behavior. :lol:

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Someone get the cardiac paddles and find Top.

LordTrychon
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Eh... I'll miss him. During boring offseasons, defending Shanahan was something that kept me entertained, though it was a bit repetitive at times.

Of course, most football discussion feels that way these days. Can't wait for regular season.

Thanks for everything you did in helping the board become what it is, JR.

underrated29
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
haha...

But really, the whole thing just reaks of stupid. I mean JR was out there, waay out there on a lot of things, and sure his love for Mcd and hate for mikey was his favorite things to say but so what. He may be repetitive but he never really attacked anyone. And if so, hes just a crazy old man.

To me it just seems that he became an annoyance for MOD team...Understandable.. but it still boils down to our opinion is better than yours. And if you post to much about stuff we dont agree, you are gone.

No one liked what he had to say, he kept saying it anyway, and now he is banned. That is weak.- now mind you Im not a JR fan boy, but to me he sure seemed to get more shit than he dished out. I remember Tned saying he hates perma bans and someone would have to do a something serious to get the boot. But JR- despite his horrible phone writing and bovine excrement is still just a looney bronco fan that really got more than he gave imo. Like I said, I think its kind of weak. I feel for him. Will I really miss him- Nah, probably not, but of all the bans and such people have had, his to me is by far the least incurred.

Northman
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
haha...

But really, the whole thing just reaks of stupid. I mean JR was out there, waay out there on a lot of things, and sure his love for Mcd and hate for mikey was his favorite things to say but so what. He may be repetitive but he never really attacked anyone. And if so, hes just a crazy old man.

To me it just seems that he became an annoyance for MOD team...Understandable.. but it still boils down to our opinion is better than yours. And if you post to much about stuff we dont agree, you are gone.

No one liked what he had to say, he kept saying it anyway, and now he is banned. That is weak.- now mind you Im not a JR fan boy, but to me he sure seemed to get more shit than he dished out. I remember Tned saying he hates perma bans and someone would have to do a something serious to get the boot. But JR- despite his horrible phone writing and bovine excrement is still just a looney bronco fan that really got more than he gave imo. Like I said, I think its kind of weak. I feel for him. Will I really miss him- Nah, probably not, but of all the bans and such people have had, his to me is by far the least incurred.

Well, i can honestly say i dont think he got banned for having an opinion. He got banned because he was baiting and trolling constantly. There's a difference of explaining your stance with a thought out answer and then there is disrupting the board with one liners, etc. He would always manage to turn a thread that had nothing to do with Shanahan and make it one anyway. And im sure he was warned plenty of times about that.

Furthermore, it may not even be to just all that. There may have been some things behind the scenes that was said that also led to his booting. We dont know the whole story but ive never seen anyone get banned from here who didnt deserve it. The rules are pretty clear and why it is some people cant follow them is baffling. Its just not that hard.

DallasChief
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
LOL

"Moderator Team"

GEM
08-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Dread is Mr. T.

underrated29
08-16-2011, 03:42 PM
LOL

"Moderator Team"

Shhhh...Dont let Tink see this. He'll flip his lid with another dup account.

BigDaddyBronco
08-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Who is the chic in that A-Team pic? I don't remember a woman.

Thnikkaman
08-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Ban Moderator Team -- Duplicate Acct.

Thnikkaman
08-16-2011, 03:49 PM

I think she was the cigar guys daughter or something. IDK.

OrangeHoof
08-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Either I'd become used to it or had tuned it out but I felt the hiring of Fox would have led to a truce over the whole Shanahan/McDaniels Cutler/Plummer wars. I mean, they're pretty much pointless now. I guess there's still the Orton/Tebow wars but I honestly haven't spent much time on them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was more ready to ban JrWiz than I am Lonestar. If he gets another chance, it wouldn't upset me.

slim
08-16-2011, 04:00 PM

She was the outlet for all of their pent up frustration.

George Peppard always got his first, though.

sneakers
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Permabans are gay.

Ravage!!!
08-16-2011, 04:47 PM
. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was more ready to ban JrWiz than I am Lonestar.

:confused:

rcsodak
08-16-2011, 04:50 PM
What BS....but expected.

:coffee:

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Guys I know emotions are running hot right now.....hotter than the El Paso desert. But let's not say anything we will regret.

elsid13
08-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Guys I know emotions are running hot right now.....hotter than the El Paso desert. But let's not say anything we will regret.

So calling for Hotrod Flash Mob is out then?

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Guys, I think we need to be careful here. There was something else that caused this, I am sure. When I got banned, it was mostly because NTL got pissed at me when I PM'ed him for his wife's phone number.

But Latina Fever knows no rational behavior. That is why I am not RationalFan.

broncobryce
08-16-2011, 05:16 PM
I like jr he always treated me great. I consider him a friend and hope you reconsider banning him

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I feel like Junior Whiz is like the villains in Superman, floating through space on that stupid mirror, and waiting for his revenge in centuries to come.

Buff
08-16-2011, 05:28 PM
tZVdR19E5mU

chazoe60
08-16-2011, 05:50 PM
If I ever get banned it will be for continually hiyting on one particular MOD that I have a crush on.

That's right, I think tned is hot!!!

Nomad
08-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Dread is Mr. T.

Dread seems more of a Hannibal role. Perhaps Davii fits the Mr. T role. Which one of you is Face? Can't remember the wacky dude's name. And like BDB said, don't recall a woman being part of the team.

Buff
08-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Jr is/was so harmless. I just don't understand the motivation to ban.

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 06:34 PM

He is on Iggy!

jhildebrand
08-16-2011, 07:24 PM
I just came here to post a job well done to tned and the mods at this site for how well it is run and stumbled on this thread.

I had my moments and issues with JR/LS. That said, a cooling off period-at the least-seemed necessary. We are all guilty of flaming, baiting, derailing, etc... Not everyone of us will get along with everybody-and are allowed to work that out themselves within reason. I like differing opinions. I like that this site isn't censoring unpopular thoughts/posts. That said, JR needs to digest some of this for a while.

If he were unbanned, I would be among the first to welcome him back.

cuzz4169
08-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Wow...god don't talk about me on a forum or you get banned...lol don't hurt my feelings...listen if you hurt my feeling on a sports talk forum I better go check my man hood!!!

atwater27
08-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I deserve a permaban more than JR. He is annoying as hell, has an inconceivable hatred for they guy who coached us into the Super Bowl win column after being 0-4 before him, and liked to put people who disagreed with him on ignore, which was pretty much everyone, but he didn't deserve a permaban on the surface anyways. i am sure there could have been irreparable, unacceptable behavior in private conversations with the mods, or perhaps he just derailed so many threads that he got PB'd on the stay on topic rule.

cuzz4169
08-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Imo only reason you should ever get banned is if your a spammer or a hacker anything else is just ridiculous. You are in control of answering his msgs back you are in control of ignoring him. Lame if you ask me.

Ravage!!!
08-16-2011, 07:40 PM
GUys. THis message board has not banned people for good reasons. Don't jump to the conclusions that you know the details behind the banning purely because you are not privy to all the information.

jhildebrand
08-16-2011, 07:42 PM
GUys. THis message board has not banned people for good reasons. Don't jump to the conclusions that you know the details behind the banning purely because you are not privy to all the information.

I tend to agree with this. I am sure there is more to JR/LS's ban than people know.

chazoe60
08-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Rav is right. This place isn't like *cough* other MBs *cough* that ban people everyday basically for having differing opinions.

gnomeflinger
08-16-2011, 08:00 PM
So... does this mean we get a nakey pic of Jrwiz? :shocked:

Slick
08-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I hope he told all the mods to go **** themselves...might as well get his money's worth.

Dzone
08-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Rav is right. This place isn't like *cough* other MBs *cough* that ban people everyday basically for having differing opinions.
haha, I have visited other M boards....I returned to this board because the dark blue background is way easier on the eyes than that really bright white background...:salute:

plus this place has good smilies
:pound:

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Guys lets focus on the good memories. Like when Top and Jizz (Junior Whiz) had their death joke.

jhildebrand
08-16-2011, 08:15 PM
haha, I have visited other M boards....I returned to this board because the dark blue background is way easier on the eyes than that really bright white background...:salute:

plus this place has good smilies
:pound:

I won't speak to other boards. I can say this place is froggin awesome. I don't care if my wife hates it :lol: She shouldn't be able to see much from the kitchen anyway

Northman
08-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Guys lets focus on the good memories. Like when Top and Jizz (Junior Whiz) had their death joke.

Wasnt that JR and RCS?

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Wasnt that JR and RCS?

I don't know. All those old people confuse me. Help I've fallen and can't get up. FU. Maybe you should have been nicer to your kids so you could have lived with them.

Dzone
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I won't speak to other boards. I can say this place is froggin awesome. I don't care if my wife hates it :lol: She shouldn't be able to see much from the kitchen anyway
Hahaa, now thats funny man...

topscribe
08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm probably next in the Purging of the Founders.

So I'll just go quietly.

To the few quality posters here: Take care, it's been real . . .

-topscribe

-----

Northman
08-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for all the hard work Top. \m/

BeefStew25
08-16-2011, 09:03 PM

So I'll just go quietly.

-topscribe

-----

No. Don't do this. You are one of the good ones....

http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/105/400x400bd/105461_john-cusack-as-lloyd-dobler-in-a-famed-scene-from-say-anything.jpg

jhildebrand
08-16-2011, 09:10 PM

So I'll just go quietly.

-topscribe

-----

Why would you go anywhere? :confused:

I like that we have differing opinions. I like that we can debate with little or no mod interferance (until necessary). I know you and I don't always see eye to eye, top but at least you are smart and can make a person think twice about their stance.

There is no need to go.

Northman
08-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Why would you go anywhere? :confused:

I like that we have differing opinions. I like that we can debate with little or no mod interferance (until necessary). I know you and I don't always see eye to eye, top but at least you are smart and can make a person think twice about their stance.

There is no need to go.

LrPJgnOXjy8

slim
08-16-2011, 09:39 PM

Sometimes things just don't make sense....like when Barry was elected.

But we must be strong and carry on.

GEM
08-16-2011, 10:03 PM

So I'll just go quietly.

-topscribe

-----

One founding member purged himself. As you well know it takes a majority of mods to ban someone and we dont play eeny meany miney mo to come up with posters to ban. You know better than most anyone here just what it takes to get permanently banned here. Unless you are planning on changing your posting habits, you are not on any radars.

Rex
08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
This thread made my balls ache

Poet
08-17-2011, 11:35 AM
I know I'm not privy to all of the information that the moderators have, but I call shenanigans.

dogfish
08-17-2011, 12:47 PM
good night, sweet prince. . .

Rex
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I vote Atwater's Mom

Lancane
08-17-2011, 01:34 PM

That's no lie, the other 'board' became so policed that if you insulted them just out of slight they started banning you. That's alright though, my last ban from there I tore into the mod pulling the BS and made sure the ban was worth it. :lol:

Lancane
08-17-2011, 01:39 PM

So I'll just go quietly.

-topscribe

-----

Come on Top, don't be like that...we may give you guff because of Orton, it's no worse then the 'Plummer Wars' and plus your like Moses, no matter what we know you walked their before us and made the way clear. ;)

:behindsofa:

Anyways, we've been friends for so long, that it wouldn't be the same...I never really got along with Jr., and I don't know why he was banned, but that's no reason for you to leave.

underrated29
08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Larry, do not go.

With JR gone, DNC is the only other one to post jokes in the joke thread. And she is a little on the conservative side. We need a little spice.

PS- we still keep SeeingRed around so your future looks bright!

shank
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Sometimes things just don't make sense....like when Barry was elected.

But we must be strong and carry on.

i'm not really sure how this post applies within this thread.

BeefStew25
08-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Slim is making sense of huge mistakes.

Northman
08-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Slim is making sense of huge mistakes.

Or correcting from them. :D

slim
08-22-2011, 04:14 PM

Shut up.

TXBRONC
08-22-2011, 09:40 PM
I guess I'm really late to this conversation. I had noticed that Jr and Top both hadn't been posting here lately didn't much of until this evening. Now I come to find out that Jr has been banned. That also explains why Top hasn't been around either.

I didn't get along with Jr very well but it still to bad that happened. That said without knowing the exact reasons of why it happened I'm sure the Moderators didn't do haphazardly.

bcbronc
08-23-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm late to this thread too, but have to say it has been a bit calmer without Jr or Top around.

I'd still take Jr back though and think a permaban was a bit harsh (granted I don't have the whole picture). I'd hope after a cool down period the perma part of the ban could be revisited...maybe once the season gets under way and the dregs of the offseason are behind us.

Either way, take care Jr. You've given me many laughs over the years, and not all of them at your expense! :beer:

TXBRONC
08-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm late to this thread too, but have to say it has been a bit calmer without Jr or Top around.

I'd still take Jr back though and think a permaban was a bit harsh (granted I don't have the whole picture). I'd hope after a cool down period the perma part of the ban could be revisited...maybe once the season gets under way and the dregs of the offseason are behind us.

Either way, take care Jr. You've given me many laughs over the years, and not all of them at your expense! :beer:

I agree it has been calmer around here with them gone. In fact when he was banned for a month it was pretty calm around as well.

That said I think all us understand the moderators rational. I'm not gloating over his demise but at the same time Jr bares responsibility for his own actions. The moderators have never asked us all to be exactly alike but consistently pushing the limits can wear you down.

Northman
08-23-2011, 10:09 AM

Same here. Although there are still debates going on it is strange that the flaming has cooled off immensely. I might be in the minority but i like it better these days without them honestly.

Agent of Orange
08-23-2011, 10:37 AM
After taking some time to thoroughly discuss the future of BroncosForums and the current happenings of the board, we have come to the agreement that the posting privileges of Lonestar/Jrwiz will be permanently revoked. While we won't discuss the exact reasons for, nor will we allow posters to use this thread as an instrument to attack or demean said poster, we did feel that because of Lonestar/Jrwiz's history with the board, you all deserve a bit more than just our normal banning procedures. We would like to thank Lonestar for all of his hard work on the Forums, he was instrumental in getting this place off the ground and help make it what it is today.

This decision was as near a unanimous decision as a group of ten people can come to. We did not take this action lightly, and have deliberated seriously. We are all sincerely upset that it has come to this. We acknowledge the hard work and contributions that Lonestar/Jrwiz put in during the early days of the site, and probably cut more slack than we should have in recognition of that. Perhaps some of the fault is ours because of this.

While it is not the intent of the board to enforce any one point of view on any issue, it is the responsibility of Mod team to maintain some measure of decorum here; in short, to enforce such rules as are approved by the community, and most of all to keep the site a fun place to discuss Broncos football and a number of other topics in a hopefully friendly and congenial manner.

Thanks for doing this and additional thanks for being thoughtful in coming to this decision. I think the last part is what made it the right thing to do. The anti-Shanahan theme that he kept pushing was old and outdated and really served no purpose other than to create clutter. It certainly wasn't promoting worthwhile discussion.

In some of my interaction with him, I asked him why he felt such a need to post this here when so many were clearly trying to tune him out. I asked him about why he spends so much time doing what he does. It almost seemed like he had some weird addiction to a certain theme. My point is, I think you guys are probably actually doing him a favor by doing this even though it wasn't an easy decision.

BeefStew25
08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
I bought some flowers and went to an old folks home and gave them to two random old men and pretended they were Top and Jr.

TXBRONC
08-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Same here. Although there are still debates going on it is strange that the flaming has cooled off immensely. I might be in the minority but i like it better these days without them honestly.

Sadly I agree with you.

Foochacho
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
bout' time.

Watchthemiddle
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Since when is there an entire THREAD dedicated to ONE person being banned.....(except for the one and only WTM on mania) ...

I thought this place was above that??

Why not just post it in the banned thread like all of the others??

Time for me to step up my game..

Northman
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Since when is there an entire THREAD dedicated to ONE person being banned.....(except for the one and only WTM on mania) ...

Feeling kind of left out WTB? :lol:

Slick
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Jr's heart was in the right place. I had tuned out his mikey bs as well but he still bleeds orange and blue.

He is my brother.

sneakers
08-24-2011, 01:07 AM

How the heck did you get banned over there? Call someone a "turd" and that was too strong of language?

TXBRONC
08-24-2011, 03:35 AM

Jr is one of the founding members of the board that's why the Moderators provided an explanation for his banning. It's all in the opening post.

Nomad
08-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Jr's heart was in the right place. I had tuned out his mikey bs as well but he still bleeds orange and blue.

He is my brother.

Jr has always been a smart football mind since I met him in 04 though he can be wrong at times but right on more often than not....like all of us when we're wrong (just have to admit it:lol:). I enjoy being his friend and sticking my neck out for him, but he was consumed by the past especially with Shanahan.

Well, I hope after a while when things cool down, he considers trying to come back and the mods consider as well.

BTW, I believe things went down hill for him when he started using his Iphone!:lol:

Poet
08-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I miss my friends.

Northman
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
What are you talking about. Im still here.

Tned
08-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I miss my friends.

Don't worry, Escobar and Charlie Brown have requested reinstatement and the mods are considering it. Your friends will be back soon....

Poet
08-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Tned, believe me when I say that I will raise hell like I did when the board was new if those two tards come back.

Northman, you are my heart.

Tned
08-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Tned, believe me when I say that I will raise hell like I did when the board was new if those two tards come back.

Che forever!!

Poet
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Che forever!!

I should sig that.

Thnikkaman
08-24-2011, 01:17 PM

I miss our chat sessions.

Poet
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I miss our chat sessions.

Thank you for the Louis Logic btw.

Midnight Blue
08-24-2011, 03:19 PM

But... do you love Northman as much as you love bacon?

sneakers
08-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I miss Dream....

Did I mention he moved to Colorado?

dogfish
08-24-2011, 03:44 PM

let's not get ridiculous. . . .

Poet
08-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Yes.

Nick
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I liked JR. He was also a member of the main broncos forum for a long time.

Ravage!!!
09-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Good ol' Charlie Brown. Man was he fun to get riled up. Mention how the brown's are an expansion team, and just step back. :laugh:

girler
09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I miss Dream....

Did I mention he moved to Colorado?

:shocked: holy shi-- I mean um, crap! This explains a LOT of things. :tsk:

Tned
09-06-2011, 10:40 PM
:shocked: holy shi-- I mean um, crap! This explains a LOT of things. :tsk:

Just and FYI, between you and I, shit isn't censored, but the intent to bypass the filter might just be against those pesky rules... ;)

Ravage!!!
09-06-2011, 11:09 PM
seems that sh-- isn't trying to go around the filter, but rather simply choosing to not say the word. *shrugs*.... but thats another discussion for another place and time

girler
09-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Just and FYI, between you and I, shit isn't censored, but the intent to bypass the filter might just be against those pesky rules... ;)

The things I do that are against the rules are so weird! :lol: I'll try not to do that next time.

BroncoNut
09-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree it has been calmer around here with them gone. In fact when he was banned for a month it was pretty calm around as well.

That said I think all us understand the moderators rational. I'm not gloating over his demise but at the same time Jr bares responsibility for his own actions. The moderators have never asked us all to be exactly alike but consistently pushing the limits can wear you down.

yeah, that's just what we need is more calm

I'm not going to bite at the Top suicide threat and I suggest others not bite at the future JrWitz's/Lonestar comments if it's going to disrail you that much. Never had a problem with the guy, and on his opinions, although I dont' agree, they never threatened me. He was a decent enough fellow, never shit on me, so I don't know how to feel about this. So I won't.

You call yourselves Mods. Mods. That's just a word so people like you can feel importants. I dont' know what goes on behind the scenes of the pm world about me or anyone else, and I don't care. so go ahead and sign your papers and quit wasting my time.

que a concerning your post from NTL that goes something like this

"nut, I am deleting this post as it was stated in the OP we were not to use this thread to post our feelings on the decision or to attack. In fact, it is best not to express feelings in any facet of life. Just follow the rules and go along with the mob. that will make the world a better place. Also, I don't know if you're kidding or not sometimes, but lately it seems like you are trying to be someone else. I miss the old nut"

So long LS.

BeefStew25
09-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Hehehehehehehe

Ravage!!!
09-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Ths is why I wish I was more like you, North. :salute:

BroncoNut
09-07-2011, 10:11 AM
i guess I just don't let posters here irritate or affect me that much. However, the following statement is almost certainly more honest and accurate as I am relatively unintelligent in terms of intercourse regarding matters of football; ... or, more specifically, the Denver Broncos.

Toodles, nut

Northman
09-07-2011, 10:22 AM
i guess I just don't let posters here irritate or affect me that much. However, the following statement is almost certainly more honest and accurate as I am relatively unintelligent in terms of intercourse regarding matters of football; ... or, more specifically, the Denver Broncos.

Toodles, nut

It doesnt even really have anything to do with him irritating me. I just dont feel sorry for those who cant follow simple rules. Im not going to throw a pity party just because he got himself banned. There are tons of forums he could go to if he wants to talk football. Hell, he could start his own if he wanted it bad enough. Like most forums this one was set up in a certain way, if people dont like then leave. No one is holding you back. (not at you personally Nut)

BroncoNut
09-07-2011, 10:29 AM
It doesnt even really have anything to do with him irritating me. I just dont feel sorry for those who cant follow simple rules. Im not going to throw a pity party just because he got himself banned. There are tons of forums he could go to if he wants to talk football. Hell, he could start his own if he wanted it bad enough. Like most forums this one was set up in a certain way, if people dont like then leave. No one is holding you back. (not at you personally Nut)

I appreciate this post North. I could just give two flips either way. I don't know what goes on the the circle of mods, I'm sure some aren't too fond of certain posters, ... whatever, but don't ban them. i don't know what the deal was with LS. Like you, I never had problems following the rules or changing my behavior when reprimanded (for the most part), and I'm still here. I'm sure I'll get a permaban someday when NTL's had enough of my social developmental disability, but until that day,.. I'm gonna have fun until the whole shithole goes up in flames. YEAH!!!

Ravage!!!
09-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't think you can simply have a public message board without having bannings. People from all over look to cause as much trouble as possible.

That being said, when Wiz was fired from his mod position, he did what he could to make things as difficult as possible for the mods. He continued to break the rules, and because of his past, pretty much gave them the middle finger in the process. It takes a lot to get banned from this site. Knowing that, I think we can all appreciate just how hard Wiz had to work to get it done.

Northman
09-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I appreciate this post North. I could just give two flips either way. I don't know what goes on the the circle of mods, I'm sure some aren't too fond of certain posters, ... whatever, but don't ban them. i don't know what the deal was with LS. Like you, I never had problems following the rules or changing my behavior when reprimanded (for the most part), and I'm still here. I'm sure I'll get a permaban someday when NTL's had enough of my social developmental disability, but until that day,.. I'm gonna have fun until the whole shithole goes up in flames. YEAH!!!

Well, everyone steps over the line including me so i dont see you getting permabanned out of it. Its highly unlikely you would get banned anyway. Having been a part of the mod group here it takes a LOT to get someone permanently banned. But the bright side is i never thought i would see MO back and guess what, he's here so obviously the mods look at every case individually. It doesnt matter if a certain poster rubs a mod wrong in a certain way (although i want Gem to rub me the right way.... :D) they take that position knowing they have to be unbiased and objective.

The original post of this thread is right on the money in my opinion. Because of who JR was he got a LOT of leeway because of what he meant to the forum's incarnation. But down the stretch it was easy to see why the mods made the move they did to me. When a poster just fails to even try to adjust their behavior as you said you do then what other choice is there? Sure, there's the option to ignore him but sometimes even that doesnt work when you have 20 other people quoting his posts and responding anyway. I dont know, i always find its easier to remove one person rather than forcing an entire board to adjust to that one poster.

If 99% of the members on this board can get along and not push the boundaries than i know JR can do it. He just chose not too.

BroncoNut
09-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, everyone steps over the line including me so i dont see you getting permabanned out of it. Its highly unlikely you would get banned anyway. Having been a part of the mod group here it takes a LOT to get someone permanently banned. But the bright side is i never thought i would see MO back and guess what, he's here so obviously the mods look at every case individually. It doesnt matter if a certain poster rubs a mod wrong in a certain way (although i want Gem to rub me the right way.... :D) they take that position knowing they have to be unbiased and objective.

The original post of this thread is right on the money in my opinion. Because of who JR was he got a LOT of leeway because of what he meant to the forum's incarnation. But down the stretch it was easy to see why the mods made the move they did to me. When a poster just fails to even try to adjust their behavior as you said you do then what other choice is there? Sure, there's the option to ignore him but sometimes even that doesnt work when you have 20 other people quoting his posts and responding anyway. I dont know, i always find its easier to remove one person rather than forcing an entire board to adjust to that one poster.

If 99% of the members on this board can get along and not push the boundaries than i know JR can do it. He just chose not too.

I've been around the corner a few times and I just think it's wise to not get romanitcally involved with Mods unless you are a Mod. Having had a history of that (and it did NOT end well), I believe that I will always be a little more vulnerable to a permaban than the average poster.

I was unaware that you were part of the mod team at one time North.

BroncoNut
09-07-2011, 11:10 AM

Oh, also North, I am really happy about the mi... Mo's reinstatement for a couple of reasons. 1. I like him, I enjoy him,.. then again I don't have a nice rack or legs he wants to hump so it's easy for me to do so. 2ndly., ... It shows that people can change their internet behavior. From what I see, Mo's has been pretty darn good since his reinstatement. that is encouraging to me

Northman
09-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Oh, also North, I am really happy about the mi... Mo's reinstatement for a couple of reasons. 1. I like him, I enjoy him,.. then again I don't have a nice rack or legs he wants to hump so it's easy for me to do so. 2ndly., ... It shows that people can change their internet behavior. From what I see, Mo's has been pretty darn good since his reinstatement. that is encouraging to me

Yes, but do you have a "lazer" blaster he can hump?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50286_276581282967_5820288_n.jpg

TXBRONC
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM
People may think that I'm kissing up to the moderators and that's fine but I do honestly think that for a group that doesn't get paid manage the site they do an excellent job. They're not perfect but that's true of everyone here.

We all came here voluntarily and we agreed to abide by the same set rules. Just because Jr was founding member does same set rule shouldn't apply to him as well? Even so he was a lot of latitude before the moderators acted just as they have with others.

TXBRONC
09-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Yes people can change but they have make a concerted effort to do so.

BroncoNut
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Of course TXB people can change. Mo made a concerted effort and changed. He's like a new man,