PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we use Scheffler more?

East Coast Fan
11-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I got to see the "game" on National TV yesterday and was amazed that they only threw to Scheffler about 2 times or so; fill me in-I know that he had been hurt, but is there a good reason why they aren't using him more in the passing game? He and Cutler had a good thing going awhile back, but when I get to watch Denver they seem to go away from that combination-what gives?

G_Money
11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Scheffler is running around like Igor now, with the limp, the hump, and everything.

Can't throw to a guy who isn't open - or isn't even on the field.

Well okay, JAY likes to throw to covered guys, but you shouldn't.

And for whatever reason we abandoned the middle of the field yesterday. Whether that's because Scheffler was ineffective or Bates is an idiot, I can't say, but I lean toward the latter, since on most of the passing plays the middle of the field was empty of Broncos jerseys, not just Scheffler's.

~G

Kapaibro
11-24-2008, 04:43 PM
More of Scheff and the Great Crotch Catch!

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 04:43 PM
I got to see the "game" on National TV yesterday and was amazed that they only threw to Scheffler about 2 times or so; fill me in-I know that he had been hurt, but is there a good reason why they aren't using him more in the passing game? He and Cutler had a good thing going awhile back, but when I get to watch Denver they seem to go away from that combination-what gives?

God only knows must have been the match ups on him..

Obviously they thought jay could hit those bombs.. OOOOOOPS

GEM
11-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey Brandon Marshall.....Primadonna ELITE WR's can break free from CB's....just sayin.

Rex
11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Because something will fall off of his body or break if he plays more than 14 plays a game.

Retired_Member_001
11-24-2008, 05:52 PM

Because the likelyhood is that he'll get injured.

Hobe
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
I was talking to a guy at work today about this. I know Sheff has had trouble with injuries this year. I wondered if they were using him sparingly because of it.

There is also the questionable personal selection/play calling that has been going on all year. Things like Bell running short yardage instead of Hillis last week. It been going on all year! :rolleyes:

EastCoastBronco
11-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Screw Scheff...He's like bob Sanders...an injury just waiting to happen. We've got 2 Wes Welker type guys in Hillis and Royal and our O coordinator is totally transfixed with the deep route.
Get the ball into Hillis or Royal's hands and just watch the sparks fly.