PDA

View Full Version : Youth leads to erratic ways

Denver Native (Carol)
11-24-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11063243?source=rss

The Broncos are the only team in the league to beat the Falcons in Atlanta. But they're also the only team in the league to lose to the Chiefs.

Oh, and did I mention the Broncos are in first place, but they're one of five NFL teams that has allowed 300 points?

That about sums it up. For every positive thing the Broncos have accomplished in 2008, there's a negative on the other side of the ledger. They're not a bad team so much as an erratic team.

The bottom line is that you can't trust this team. You don't know from one week to the next which Broncos team will show up.

"We've got to have a lot more consistency," said Broncos wide receiver Brandon Stokley. "If you want to be a good team in this league, you have to be consistent. And right now we're not very consistent."

So what's the problem? Youth for one thing. The Broncos were a veteran, battle-tested team during their Super Bowl runs of the late '90s. But today they're one of the youngest teams in the league. To wit: 12 rookies have seen game action, and most of the starters entered the league in 2006 or later.

Until those young players mature into seasoned veterans, the maddening highs and lows figure to continue.

Traveler
11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11063243?source=rss

The Broncos are the only team in the league to beat the Falcons in Atlanta. But they're also the only team in the league to lose to the Chiefs.

Oh, and did I mention the Broncos are in first place, but they're one of five NFL teams that has allowed 300 points?

That about sums it up. For every positive thing the Broncos have accomplished in 2008, there's a negative on the other side of the ledger. They're not a bad team so much as an erratic team.

The bottom line is that you can't trust this team. You don't know from one week to the next which Broncos team will show up.

"We've got to have a lot more consistency," said Broncos wide receiver Brandon Stokley. "If you want to be a good team in this league, you have to be consistent. And right now we're not very consistent."

So what's the problem? Youth for one thing. The Broncos were a veteran, battle-tested team during their Super Bowl runs of the late '90s. But today they're one of the youngest teams in the league. To wit: 12 rookies have seen game action, and most of the starters entered the league in 2006 or later.

Until those young players mature into seasoned veterans, the maddening highs and lows figure to continue.

About the only part I diagree with. Youth isn't the complete problem. We were like this even when we had more 'seasoned" veterans on this team.

Hell, I can honestly say Denver has been like this for the last 8-10 years.

OB
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
And whats been the one constant during the last ten years -- hmmmm :confused:

;)

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 04:47 PM
And whats been the one constant during the last ten years -- hmmmm :confused:

;)

the new uniforms.. time to change them.. we will never get into the super bowl without a change..

Thanks for noting why we stink..

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 04:54 PM
before the season I thought that having two rookies on the OLINE would doom us early till they got to know each other..

Surprise that has not been the issue..

Who would have thought that we would be a near league leader in NON Sacks..

I was thinking we would be 1 or 2 wins at the bye.. because of all the kiddies playing and all the new players (boss and folks) getting used to mikeys way of doing things..

but after the BYE we would almost win out and wind up 7-9 or if lucky 8-8..

While we may wind up 7-9 and a playoff contender, no one would have believed that..

I have said all year that 2009 would be our playoff time and a good run at the Super Bowl..

horsepig
11-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Lets have the ORANGE jerseys

Shazam!
11-25-2008, 12:48 AM
As for the Jerseys thing, I always feel the Broncos should bring back the old logo and colors, ala a little update or something. I miss them and the :defense:.