PDA

View Full Version : Where to sit @ Invesco: Plaza Level End or Upper Level?

skins_fan82
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Hello all. Recently moved here to Denver in June, love it here.

I'm checking out tickets to the monday night opener, and both upper level and plaza level seats are about the same. I've never been to Mile High, and I'm wondering which seats you guys would recommend? Upper Level near midfield, or plaza level endzone? Specifically, section 529 or section 236?

And yes, I'm a Redskins fan. Please don't hate me. I was born and raised in DC, what can I do? I am going to adopt the Broncos as my secondary team. :)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm ready to checkout on stubhub right now LOL

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Hello all. Recently moved here to Denver in June, love it here.

I'm checking out tickets to the monday night opener, and both upper level and plaza level seats are about the same. I've never been to Mile High, and I'm wondering which seats you guys would recommend? Upper Level near midfield, or plaza level endzone? Specifically, section 529 or section 236?

And yes, I'm a Redskins fan. Please don't hate me. I was born and raised in DC, what can I do? I am going to adopt the Broncos as my secondary team. :)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm ready to checkout on stubhub right now LOL

Here is stadium layout - maybe that will help. I prefer lower seats. Welcome to Colorado and welcome to Broncos Forums.

http://www.invescofieldatmilehigh.com/stadium_info/stadium_layouts

NightTerror218
08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I wonder when the next home playoff game will be. Since I have to basically take a vacation if I am going to go to a game....I prefer a playoff game. Told my family to be expecting me to come visit when it happens....and gave the wife a heads up too. So knowing good seating would help me in the next 5 yrs I hope.

skins_fan82
08-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info.

I plan on buying season tickets next year, and hopefully lower level. But we are still waiting to close on our house here, and I can cough up a whole bunch of money for tickets. But i absolutely MUST be there on Sep 12th. Opening week on Monday night against duh ray-duhz! The atmosphere is going to be crazy I'm sure!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the info.

I plan on buying season tickets next year, and hopefully lower level. But we are still waiting to close on our house here, and I can cough up a whole bunch of money for tickets. But i absolutely MUST be there on Sep 12th. Opening week on Monday night against duh ray-duhz! The atmosphere is going to be crazy I'm sure!

Which tickets did you end up getting? Since you have never been to the stadium, go early, a lot of tailgating, a great team shop, many things to see outside of stadium.

Magnificent Seven
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
If you want to get some goose bumps, go to the south stand. Section 236 is located in south stand. I wouldn't sit in the section 529 because it is Raiders' visiting side. I would suggest for you to jump in section 236. You can see a great view of stadium. South stand is fun!

skins_fan82
08-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Denver Native & Magnificent Seven, thanks a ton! I'm going to go with section 236, row 13. I definitely plan to get there early. Like, three hours early LOL. It'll be fun walking the tailgate areas and walking the stadium itself and team shop.

camdisco24
08-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Make sure you wear orange! Wouldn't want to stand out and wear some other color.

Magnificent Seven
08-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Make sure you wear orange! Wouldn't want to stand out and wear some other color.

Indeed! It will be "Orange Monday"

Hardwired
08-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I sat in section 152 a couple of years ago, and while the view was fantastic the seats were too small. I'm 6'4", 275 pounds, and my seat neighbor was of similar size, and then you add bulky cold weather clothing and the seats get small fast. If you're normal size and the weather is nice you may fit the seats fine, but it's something to consider.

This year I got club level seats for the Chargers game to see if the seats are large enough before I think about springing for season tickets up there.

And welcome to Denver. My wife and I just moved here last November and we share your sentiments of the place. :D We lived in DC for 3 years and I'm surprised anyone would like that place, but each to their own.

BeefStew25
08-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Section 524 generally has some handsome men.