08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
At 7pm Est tonight.

BeefStew25
08-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Like for Halloween?

Northman
08-15-2011, 03:26 PM
To be on, my fault.

Also, that wasnt reported on NFLN i just read their minds.

scott.475
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Watching now. So much better than that previous guy that held the position.

jrelway
08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Sounded like the qb position is still up for grabs. Fox didnt say who would start the season.

Lancane
08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Sounded like the qb position is still up for grabs. Fox didnt say who would start the season.

Just what we need more controversy...but someone should point out what fair competition means to them. :lol:

scott.475
08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Did he say Tebow was taking first team reps now? I missed the first part of that particular bite, but I think he said it was Tebow.

Also, that clip of him counseling Tebow after that funky scramble over the line, run back, throw play was a good clip of a coach actually coaching/counseling a player, not just ranting and raving at "the player".

Canmore
08-15-2011, 07:14 PM
From Fox

-Orton #1, Tebow #2 Quinn #3
-thought we did a good job tackling and being physical on offense
-thought Moreno and McGahee will do an excellent job in this style of offense.

He also mentioned that Tebow was a great young player, that he he had good stats in the Dallas game and that turning a spread college quarterback into a NFL passing quarterback is going to take some time. He also would not name anyone the starter yet, said he will do that in the next week or two.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d8217cdcb/Fox-Tebow-is-the-backup

Sinthor
08-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Good interview, I was frankly surprised he said the QB competition was still open. Doesn't seem like there's been much of one. Maybe he really IS going a lot off of preseason game performance? The more I read lately, the more it seems to indicate Tebow isn't near as bad in practice as all those initial reports from the first couple of days (notably the first day after which we found out only about 15 throws were made and it wasn't even a full practice). So maybe it's not as far apart as some have said? It's funny anyway just how extremely negative the press got to be and then all of a sudden after Thursday night they're back positive again, although "viewed with caution" in some places. I think it just shows to go you that you can't believe all that you read. ESPECIALLY now that any yahoo can post a blog and others can take what they write and just restate it to their hearts content.

Dirk
08-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Not a bad interview. It does sound like he hasn't made up his mind who will start at QB. I think he has but he acted as if he hasn't yet.

I can't wait to see Von Miller after playing half a season. Once he gets his "NFL Legs" he is going to be a force!

HORSEPOWER 56
08-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Honestly by listening to the interview, I really think the front office is pulling for Tebow to win the job. It would bring some semblance of peace with the fans, but unless he can show it in practice or in pre-season games, they don't have a leg to stand on with the players if they replace Orton.

They tried to trade Orton to no avail. They're going to give Tebow every opportunity to beat him out in the preseason. Right now, I think they are saving face with the players by starting Orton in hopes Tebow can overtake him. I understand the player's standpoint that the best guy should play and that Orton has a special relationship with Lloyd.

Orton holds the position of starter on the depth chart, but I have a feeling that he's on an extremely short leash. They are just looking for an excuse to replace him with Tebow but they can't without some justification. EFX knows where their bread is buttered and they know Orton is not the future either on the field or with the fans. No matter how much they say they don't pay attention, they know exactly what the fans want.

TXBRONC
08-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Honestly by listening to the interview, I really think the front office is pulling for Tebow to win the job. It would bring some semblance of peace with the fans, but unless he can show it in practice or in pre-season games, they don't have a leg to stand on with the players if they replace Orton.

They tried to trade Orton to no avail. They're going to give Tebow every opportunity to beat him out in the preseason. Right now, I think they are saving face with the players by starting Orton in hopes Tebow can overtake him. I understand the player's standpoint that the best guy should play and that Orton has a special relationship with Lloyd.

Orton holds the position of starter on the depth chart, but I have a feeling that he's on an extremely short leash. They are just looking for an excuse to replace him with Tebow but they can't without some justification. EFX knows where their bread is buttered and they know Orton is not the future either on the field or with the fans. No matter how much they say they don't pay attention, they know exactly what the fans want.

There first responsibility is to make sure they do what's in the team's best interest.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that Fox will be looking for excuse to yank Orton. It would have to something that players would see as justifiable. The most justifiable is poor performance and the second losing. An off field issue could also do that but the likelihood of that happening is slim.

Agent of Orange
08-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Good interview, I was frankly surprised he said the QB competition was still open. Doesn't seem like there's been much of one. Maybe he really IS going a lot off of preseason game performance? The more I read lately, the more it seems to indicate Tebow isn't near as bad in practice as all those initial reports from the first couple of days (notably the first day after which we found out only about 15 throws were made and it wasn't even a full practice). So maybe it's not as far apart as some have said? It's funny anyway just how extremely negative the press got to be and then all of a sudden after Thursday night they're back positive again, although "viewed with caution" in some places. I think it just shows to go you that you can't believe all that you read. ESPECIALLY now that any yahoo can post a blog and others can take what they write and just restate it to their hearts content.

Hopefully he's seen there is a big difference between what happens on the practice field and what happens in games. Hopefully its a sign that Fox isn't going to entrench himself with Orton. Coaches tend to do that and I think what happens is that if a coach gets asked about it enough, they start to feel more obligated or more committed. Coach's are rarely obligated to play certain players if things go bad or someone else is better but, for whatever reason, they become too stubborn about making changes when they've spent a lot of time defending their choices.

BroncoNut
08-16-2011, 09:16 AM
To be on, my fault.

Also, that wasnt reported on NFLN i just read their minds.

he knew what you meant.

Lonestar
08-16-2011, 09:33 AM
John likes veteran QBs of that there is no doubt.

That said he knows he kept Jake beyond his prime.

To me the interview told those that wantEd to hear something to the others it was coach speak.
Nothing new IMO.

It was a slow pitch softball interview. That allowed him to avoid the tough questions.

Like what did you have to say in that sideline chat with TEbow.

Does anyone read lips?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NightTerror218
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM
John likes veteran QBs of that there is no doubt.

That said he knows he kept Jake beyond his prime.

To me the interview told those that wantEd to hear something to the others it was coach speak.
Nothing new IMO.

It was a slow pitch softball interview. That allowed him to avoid the tough questions.

Like what did you have to say in that sideline chat with TEbow.

Does anyone read lips?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

He didnt look mad.....Fox is a good coach, he prob just told him to simmer down.

Lonestar
08-16-2011, 12:16 PM
He didnt look mad.....Fox is a good coach, he prob just told him to simmer down.

Oh I agree Fox is a heady coach.. I was just wanting to know what he said again anyone read lips?

HORSEPOWER 56
08-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh I agree Fox is a heady coach.. I was just wanting to know what he said again anyone read lips?

I don't think anyone could decipher Fox with the amount of Big League Chew he had stuffed in his face. I think he had a chaw of gum in roughly the size of my fist.

Makes me wonder if he's a recovering dipper. Guys I know who have given up the Cope typically chew the hell out of some gum.