PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Coach John Fox brings right instincts back to Denver Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Anybody who thinks new Broncos coach John Fox knows X's and O's better than the departed Josh McDaniels is nuts.

But football IQ isn't always the best measure of a coach. Fox instinctively understands something McDaniels never quite grasped: how to be a man worthy of his players' trust.

What has changed at Dove Valley? An adult is again in charge of the sideline. A mature coaching response to any future crisis the Broncos might encounter could have far greater impact on the success of this team than the fierce pass rush brought by first- round draft choice Von Miller.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_18682645 - much more in article

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
This also fits in good with this thread, as Dumervil mentions Coach Fox:

DENVER (CBS) – Things are going much better for Broncos defenseman Elvis Dumervil than they were a year ago.

Dumervil, who was an opposing quarterback’s worst nightmare during the 2009 season, suffered a torn pectoral muscle early in Training Camp last year and missed the entire 2010 season.

The defense clearly missed his presence terribly. They landed with a thud at the bottom of the rankings for NFL team defense.

rest of article - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/08/15/dumervil-excited-about-new-ace-card-for-broncos-defense/

Slick
08-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Good read. Thanks Carol.

Too bad we're all to busy bitching about Kyle Orton to talk about anyone else.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I thought that quote was funny...."an adult is once again in charge of the Denver sidelines"

:laugh:

Nomad
08-15-2011, 12:52 PM
For me, Fox/Allen have to prove they can make this defense work. Until then, it's the same old Denver thing.......failure to build the defense from the interior.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Good read. Thanks Carol.

Too bad we're all to busy bitching about Kyle Orton to talk about anyone else.

Totally agree Slick - GREAT POINT :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
For me, Fox/Allen have to prove they can make this defense work. Until then, it's the same old Denver thing.......failure to build the defense from the interior.

Need to keep in mind - Rome was not built in a day ;)

Nomad
08-15-2011, 01:10 PM

That cliche gets old especially when it hasn't worked the way the BRONCOS have built the defense over the years and to counter that....the Romans were smart enough to build their foundations first.

I reserve a small bit of hope that Fox is a genuis and can may it work!

NightTerror218
08-15-2011, 01:53 PM

They upgrade the front 7 with the LB position and shifted things around to try to improve front 7. I think Fox will just take it 1 position at a time in the draft. I personally want to see a stud DT be drafted by us next year. I with we would have done it this year but we had too many holes to fill.

Nomad
08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
We'll see Phidelt!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
They upgrade the front 7 with the LB position and shifted things around to try to improve front 7. I think Fox will just take it 1 position at a time in the draft. I personally want to see a stud DT be drafted by us next year. I with we would have done it this year but we had too many holes to fill.

The last time Denver drafted a DT in the first round was Trevor Pryce in 1996. I'm not holding my breath.

NightTerror218
08-15-2011, 02:04 PM
We'll see Phidelt!

Depending on how we do this year. I would not be suprised to see CB, DE, DL and LB on his list for drafting. Maybe QB, and RB also. Basically he said he wants to build team through draft, so he will pick the best player on board, no matter position or need.

Jsteve01
08-15-2011, 02:07 PM
It didn't happen in Carolina either. I don't know that we'll draft them high but I think we do draft a couple next year. Also, if you look at pro bowl rosters from year to year, DT and 3-4 end seem to hit pretty highly later in the draft.

Northman
08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_18682645 - much more in article

Oh, i cant wait for Jr's response to this. hahaha

Nomad
08-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Too bad Warren has a torn tricep!! :tsk: saw the news at BM!

Canmore
08-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Too bad Warren has a torn tricep!! :tsk: saw the news at BM!

Lovely, we can't withstand the injury bug. :tsk:

TXBRONC
08-15-2011, 09:19 PM
It didn't happen in Carolina either. I don't know that we'll draft them high but I think we do draft a couple next year. Also, if you look at pro bowl rosters from year to year, DT and 3-4 end seem to hit pretty highly later in the draft.

They looked pretty hard at the top quarterbacks in this past draft. So I wouldn't be surprised if they chose a quarterback high in next year's draft.

Claussen wasn't taken with a first round pick but they did use a 2nd on him.

Lancane
08-15-2011, 09:32 PM

No, but Rome also had a decisive leader and general who shouldered much in order to build the empire, would there have been no such individual then there would have been no Rome and the saying wouldn't exist!

;)

Lancane
08-15-2011, 09:33 PM
The last time Denver drafted a DT in the first round was Trevor Pryce in 1996. I'm not holding my breath.

Actually he was a defensive end...just so you know. ;)