PDA

View Full Version : Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas trying to live up to expectations

TXBRONC
08-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas trying to live up to expectations
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/15/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 08/15/2011 07:08:41 AM MDT

They were only three words, just four syllables. But they're always there for Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas.

First. Round. Talent

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18682655

I hope this is breakout year for Thomas right now I'm not so sure.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
I hope it comes together for him as well. I thought he played really well in the second half of last season as well.

moringdavy
08-15-2011, 09:20 AM
hope he would be better in the future .

Slick
08-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Maybe we'll keep this coaching staff together for a few years, and actually develop the young talent on this team. That would be nice for a change. We seem to have been able to develop young players on offense, but completely the opposite where the defense is concerned.

Nice read Tex. Thanks.

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I was wondering if they were going to cut Thomas. Looks like they will keep him around for another season. I thought he was the better one out of the jokers playing on the line last year.

TXBRONC
08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I was wondering if they were going to cut Thomas. Looks like they will keep him around for another season. I thought he was the better one out of the jokers playing on the line last year.

He was free agent they pursed him so there is little chance they will cut him. Also I don't think Warren if he's healthy and Bunkley are jokes.

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
He was free agent they pursed him so there is little chance they will cut him. Also I don't think Warren if he's healthy and Bunkley are jokes.

We didn't own Bunkley and Warren last year. Re-read the post.

Bunkley was demoted to second string last year in Philly. Although I believe he was the best DT on the Broncos Team when they signed him, even before he plays a down for us. Warren is a beast period. He has been one of my favorite lineman in the league.

Warren, Bunkley = legit run stopping this season. I wouldn't be surprised if our average yards given up on the ground drops from 161 last season, to about 100-105 yards a game this season. I think it was that much of an upgrade.

MileHighCrew
08-15-2011, 10:28 AM
I think Warren's talent is evident in the fact he has survived all the changes. there may be a lot of room for growth still in his game let, but without the talent he would have followed Jarvis Moss.

hotcarl
08-15-2011, 02:05 PM
hahahahahahahaha