PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the Broncos to make the playoffs?

BigDaddyBronco
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I am kind of torn.

If we make the playoffs I think we will get humiliated again on national TV, drop a few spots on the draft board, and it might save Slowik's job.

If we don't make the playoffs it probably means that the Chargers will. I think they might actually deserve it less than we do.

So in retrospect I want the Broncos to make the playoffs just to screw the Chargers.

What do you think?

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes. Being there is always better than not being there. Don't let the Chiefs fans tell you otherwise.

haroldthebarrel
11-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Hell yeah!!

'we are a young team and playoff experience is invaluable for youngsters. That is when you need to see how good you have to play to win. How tight you have to play and etc.

Peyton Manning was called a bust since he couldnt win in the playoffs but he got that ghost out of his closet didnt he?

BroncoWave
11-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Yes because if we make it and by some miracle win our WC game and play the Titans in the second round, I know a guy who can hook me up with tickets so I most definitely want us to make it! :D

jrelway
11-24-2008, 10:24 AM
i think our sorry team as of now will make the playoffs since the chargers suck as much as we do. but i'll say this. once we're in, anything can happen. alot of our guys will be healthy again.

BroncoManiac
11-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!! :beer:

shank
11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
definitely. at the very least it will be experience for a very young core of players. we also know that this team can show up to play and beat teams that many people think we shouldn't beat. anything can happen in the playoffs, and if our talent on offense clicks somehow for a few games, we could somehow find ourselves sending teams home.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-24-2008, 10:31 AM
There were a lot of comments talking about backing into the playoffs -- but this team has five weeks to show they deserve to be there. The NFL is a competitive league and it continues to get tougher. If the Broncos could finish with a respectable 10-6 or 11-5 record; then I think that shows a lot of promise going into the playoffs. The best the Chargers can do is 9-7; and they do have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way out. Three divisional games, but they face Tampa Bay and Atlanta -- who are pretty decent teams.

The Broncos don't have to do much to get into the playoffs. They just need to work their asses off this week because if we beat the Jets, it makes it almost impossible for the Chargers to come back and win the division. They have to win out, and that means beating us the final game of the season. Yesterday's loss is disheartening, but when you're a young team that has been ravaged by injuries (How many key contributors are out or on IR?) it's impossible to always play the highest level of football.

This season has been a roller coaster, and perhaps a blessing in disguise. These tough losses and experiences will be good for the younger players on this team. They need to face this kind of adversity. Now, it's up to them to see if they can pass the test -- finish strong, and enter the playoffs with some momentum. I think they can, and I look forward to them doing so.

broncogirl7
11-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Yes, yes, yes...do we deserve to go, maybe not.

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
The way we seem to step up to the good teams makes me think I would like to see us play them BUT if we lay an egg like we have done so often this year we will be embarrassed even more so than our loss on Monday night to NE.

BroncoJoe
11-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Absolutely. As a previous poster said, at the very least it would provide our young players with valuable experience - win or lose. This team is so inconsistant, by just being there anything can happen. I don't have high hopes, but anything is possible.

LRtagger
11-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Regardless of how we do if we indeed make the playoffs, the experience these young guys would get would be invaluable.

The reason this team is so up and down is because they are young and inexperienced. Giving these young guys their first division title and their first playoff exposure is the best way to build a confident team for the future.

Even if we get blown out in the wildcard game, it is still playoff experience. How many of our starters have even played in a playoff game? Less than half?

Northman
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Yes, i want to make the playoffs. Nuff said.

NightTrainLayne
11-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Sure. An embarrassment in the first round of the playoffs may go farther than the embarrassment of not making the playoffs. . .I remember Shanny's reaction to the playoff losses at Indianapolis.

Speaking of Shanny. He better get this turned around next season, or I'm going to have to join those calling for his head. Yeah, Jay and Company didn't play especially well, but this is one of those losses that fall squarely on the coaching staff's head. The Coaching staff laid an egg this week, and they've got to get it back together quickly.

Day1BroncoFan
11-24-2008, 12:01 PM
I want the Broncos to win every game. So yea, I want them in the playoffs.
I don't care if they back in or go in side ways as long as they're there.

I don't want an embarrasing lose on prime time during the playoffs but I'll take that over not getting there at all.

If for no other reason, as someone else said, we get bragging rights over the rest of the west.

Rex
11-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes. Being there is always better than not being there. Don't let the Chiefs fans tell you otherwise.

yeah, this thread is very "Chiefs fan like".

Word, midget.

OB
11-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Humiliation wise - no - im not so sure the charges are worse than we are - that game last night was a squeaker - and our loss to them well - we dont need to go there

I find it utterly pathetic we have lost to the worst two teams in our division - both of those games should have been gimmies - there is no excuse - injuries or not - to lose to KC and Oakland - our entire 2nd string team should be able to at least pull a win out of their butts

I too can see BDB's point about the draft - we def. need to start making some huge draft picks (this is where Mikey needs to step off)

I also agree with NTL - if Mikey doesnt do something HUGE next year - im sorry but friendship or not - 2 rings or not - bye bye - its not enough to run in the middle - even to middle of the pack for years on end - at some point you need to bring your team to the top again

NorthernLights
11-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm sorry, but it is a NFL rule that someone from the AFC West must be represented in the playoffs. Since my Bolts can't sack up enough to win a game, even when they really need to, the Broncos are on the hook.

EastCoastBronco
11-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Plain and simple..The playoffs are more fun to watch when your team is playing. Once your team is out, it removes the "give a damn" factor because you just don't care who wins.
I hope we get in and surprise some people(me included)...;-)

MasterShake
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
There were a lot of comments talking about backing into the playoffs -- but this team has five weeks to show they deserve to be there. The NFL is a competitive league and it continues to get tougher. If the Broncos could finish with a respectable 10-6 or 11-5 record; then I think that shows a lot of promise going into the playoffs. The best the Chargers can do is 9-7; and they do have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way out. Three divisional games, but they face Tampa Bay and Atlanta -- who are pretty decent teams.

The Broncos don't have to do much to get into the playoffs. They just need to work their asses off this week because if we beat the Jets, it makes it almost impossible for the Chargers to come back and win the division. They have to win out, and that means beating us the final game of the season. Yesterday's loss is disheartening, but when you're a young team that has been ravaged by injuries (How many key contributors are out or on IR?) it's impossible to always play the highest level of football.

This season has been a roller coaster, and perhaps a blessing in disguise. These tough losses and experiences will be good for the younger players on this team. They need to face this kind of adversity. Now, it's up to them to see if they can pass the test -- finish strong, and enter the playoffs with some momentum. I think they can, and I look forward to them doing so.

Great post. Five weeks to get some attitude and kick the crap out of people in the playoffs, or at least give them a scare. I remember last year the Giants came on late to finish 10-6 (with some worse losses than us, mind you, like Eli's meltdown against Minnesota). If yesterdays game taught me anything is that once again, in the NFL ANYTHING can happen. Hell, a 6-5 team is the #4 seed right now.

Northman
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
If we are backing into the playoffs than so are the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs. lol

Retired_Member_001
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Of course I want the Broncos in the playoffs. All I hope is that we don't get completely embarrassed by a very good team in the playoffs. If I'm 100% honest, we don't deserve a playoff spot, but we are far more worthy than the Chargers.

MasterShake
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Of course I want the Broncos in the playoffs. All I hope is that we don't get completely embarrassed by a very good team in the playoffs. If I'm 100% honest, we don't deserve a playoff spot, but we are far more worthy than the Chargers.

If we win our division, we deserve it. People forget that we are a banged up, young team with a 2 game lead over the Chargers who were early Super Bowl favorites and in all honesty should be in 1st. Well they're not, we are. HAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:

broncophan
11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Hard to understand questions like this......:confused:

The day I do NOT want the broncos to make the playoffs......is the day I would no longer be a bronco fan.........and that will NEVER happen...:D

Retired_Member_001
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
If we win our division, we deserve it.

Our division sucks. :lol:

NightTrainLayne
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
I accidentally posted this in the AFC West Sucks thread, meant to put it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago's in first place in the NFC North with a 6-5 record. .. I don't think that they don't deserve a playoff spot. I think they'll get lit up in the playoffs, but the bottom line is that the #1 team from each division earns a spot. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Northman
11-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Hard to understand questions like this......:confused:

The day I do NOT want the broncos to make the playoffs......is the day I would no longer be a bronco fan.........and that will NEVER happen...:D

Well, there are certain individuals on here (one guy for sure) who wanted us to lose to the Vikings last year so that our draft spot would rise. I find it insulting that a supposed Bronco fan (or any fan to be exact) would want their team to lose for any reason.

sacmar
11-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Some of the posts i've seen not just here by everywhere reguarding us loosing this game are getting way out of hand. I mean for starters we lost to the muth#$@#$ chiefs earlier this year yet when we beat the falcons last week everyone was all onboard. Did everyone think we were going to go undeafeated and win the super bowl this year ?? I'm extremly loyal like most but even i earlier said our expectations especially after the way we started off the year were way way too high. Our team is ok but it's not like we were this big powerhouse coming in...i'll say it again for those who missed it earlier " this team will win some and loose some....hell i even called this shit here http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=455443#post455443 , i'm upset we all are, and there are definatly changes needed but damn stick it out with some pride the whining and crying around here is just getting out of hand, look at our remaining games do people expect us to win all those ?? Please c'mon..... but be happy for the one's we win, hate to one's we loose and move on......Don't expect more than this team can deliver......but hell yea i want to make the playoffs, i'd rather loose the super bowl than not go at all.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I just like to think of it this way:

If I told you at the beginning of the season that. . .

10 Broncos players were going to hit IR during the course of the season
That one would be placed on the PUP
And another on the non-football injury reserve list
That Bailey, Williams, Young and other vets would miss several games
And that 10 Broncos rookies would be playing on the roster weekly

Would you believe that we'd be 6-5 and ahead of San Diego by 2 games in the AFC West?

Hell no!

Look at that. It's a recipe for disaster, yet the Broncos have managed to play reasonable ball. Our wins haven't been pretty, but they've been tough fought wins, several of which have been great comebacks which show true promise and good character of this team. We've played down to lesser teams, which is something we've seen before.

Along with the aforementioned, we have a defensive coordinator and scheme that Pee-Wee football players could take advantage of. The fact that we are where we're at is actually a miracle, and I think says quite a bit about this team.

I'm usually not an optimist regarding the Broncos and tend to have rather grim views when we get blown out so bad -- but look at all the things I mentioned -- and maybe that'd help put a little perspective as to why we are struggling.

It has been said several times that good teams can overcome such things; and I believe we're a good team -- but I can't think of a time in recent memory where an NFL roster has lost a plethora of starters, including all their top four guys at running back -- along with some defensive stalwarts and actually amounted to squat.

I'm actually a little impressed with how we've done this season, all things considered.

*packs up mic and monitor and leaves* [Exit Cicero]

G_Money
11-24-2008, 01:51 PM
We need more help and more starters, so from a pure draft standpoint it would be best for us to lose out and get a nice, high draftpick.

I don't want that to happen. We have too many kids who need to learn how to overcome adversity and should start this year. If we did lose out the year, I'd want it to be with our kids swinging away and always coming forward to eat more punches, not cowering on the ropes with their guard up.

If our kids can man up like Mickey Ward, that's all I ask. I know the D is bad. I know the O can't get it together even with the nice collection of young talent.

But regardless of record, by God I wanna see us fight.

I don't care about the playoffs one way or another. I only care about forging this team into a proper implement of destruction - not SELF-destruction.

Weed out the impurites, keep the ones with true strength. One of the things that has always impressed me about Bill Parcells, ALWAYS, is his unerring abilty to find the weak links on his teams and cut them out.

And everyone who is left will lay down their last breath for him, and for each other.

I don't believe Shanahan has that same gift, so it's up to the team to determine which among them want to bleed on the field together for each other. When we had strong veteran leadership it was easier to make people fall into line, and those who didn't were obvious.

Now that we don't have veteran leadership any more, it's harder to penetrate the general malaise that overtakes us when things go poorly.

We drafted a whole bunch of leader types. Here's hoping some of them can step up despite their professional inexperience and provide the rallying point for everyone who does want to be a part of something special.

And then we can cut off the rest and replace them.

Playoffs or no playoffs, that's what I want to see in the remaining games.

~G

Bronco9798
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl is what you shoot for every year. I hope we get in just for the fact anything can happen. I want the Broncos to get in so we can possibly get lucky and knock somebody off each week and see what happens.

As far as the younger players getting experience, I don't buy much into that theory. The playoffs is still a football game. Nothing changes from the previous 16 games. It's still a game that is played the same way with the same rules and philosophy. It's just an extension by however many games you can win once you get in. If you can't gain valuable experience and learn in the first 16 games, adding an extra game or two isn't going to help much by adding the word "playoffs" in front of it. You normally play in the playoffs the same way you played in the regular season. With a mediocre team like we are, nothing much changes. You just hope to get lucky and play one or two of your best games of the year when you do get in.

When we played the Colts in those blowout playoff games, I don't remember that "playoff" experience doing anything but destroying people's confidence and even killing a few careers. (Roc Alexander) to name one.

This team isn't a championship caliber team, but it would be fun to watch and see if they could get lucky and knock somebody off. You never know.

sacmar
11-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Finally some sense c'mon guys...let's just be happy our division is so crappy we can afford these embarassing losses stumble half ass backwards into the playoffs and make something happen, we loose games we are supposed to win but we also win games had no buisness winning...do that three times and we're suprisingly getting our fingers sized up will it happen probably not, but can it ?? Of course i'll never hope the broncos loose never !!! Draft pick or for whatever other reason you don't know the outcome till the game is played. If the raiders had some of our attitudes they never would be sitting back laughing at our asses right now.......and besides i'll take the pain now cause i still predict we kick the chargers ass at the end of the year..almost a fair trade and yes right before we enter the playoffs !!

jrelway
11-24-2008, 02:09 PM
shanny did guarantee a playoff appearance. mug better be right or the heat is on.

jrelway
11-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Finally some sense c'mon guys...let's just be happy our division is so crappy we can afford these embarassing losses stumble half ass backwards into the playoffs and make something happen, we loose games we are supposed to win but we also win games had no buisness winning...do that three times and we're suprisingly getting our fingers sized up will it happen probably not, but can it ?? Of course i'll never hope the broncos loose never !!! Draft pick or for whatever other reason you don't know the outcome till the game is played. If the raiders had some of our attitudes they never would be sitting back laughing at our asses right now.......and besides i'll take the pain now cause i still predict we kick the chargers ass at the end of the year..almost a fair trade and yes right before we enter the playoffs !!

i have a real dirty feeling that its gonna come down to the last game of the season. we win we're win. we lose, SD is in. be pretty damn nice to beat SD to clinch the division and ride that momentum into the playoffs.

Bronco9798
11-24-2008, 02:15 PM
If it comes down to the last game, we'll be sitting at home watching the playoffs. Other teams can beat the Chargers at home. I doubt we would.

Day1BroncoFan
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Not only all that but since the goal is to win the super bowl getting into the playoffs is a good place to start.

Northman
11-24-2008, 02:21 PM
If it comes down to the last game, we'll be sitting at home watching the playoffs. Other teams can beat the Chargers at home. I doubt we would.

As of right it now it doesnt matter. The Chargers arent gaining any ground and despite the fact that they got Oak and KC coming up neither matchup the first go around was a cakewalk for them. ATL is coming up this week for them and you know Turner is going to have something to prove. Then they have to go to Tampa and then deal with us in warm weather again. They may beat us in their place but i doubt it will be easy so its not like they have it sewn up either.

LRtagger
11-24-2008, 02:59 PM
As far as the younger players getting experience, I don't buy much into that theory. The playoffs is still a football game. Nothing changes from the previous 16 games. It's still a game that is played the same way with the same rules and philosophy. It's just an extension by however many games you can win once you get in. If you can't gain valuable experience and learn in the first 16 games, adding an extra game or two isn't going to help much by adding the word "playoffs" in front of it. You normally play in the playoffs the same way you played in the regular season. With a mediocre team like we are, nothing much changes. You just hope to get lucky and play one or two of your best games of the year when you do get in.

I couldn't disagree more. The playoffs are completely different than the regular season. If you play poorly during the season and lose a game, it's not that big of a deal...you just make some adjustments and go out and try to win the next one. The playoffs are completely different. There is no next week if you play poorly.

Not only that, but the playoffs garner more national attention. More interviews, more cameras, a completely different schedule, a completely different mindset. I would rather these guys get exposed to the differences now, then later when they are expected to win playoff games.

Coming from a guy who played football and baseball in highschool and baseball in college, playoff games are much more emotional and much more physical. Everyone is out there knowing it could be their last game of the season or their only shot at getting a championship.

An experienced playoff team will beat an inexperienced playoff team a majority of the time regardless of talent IMO.

Bronco9798
11-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I couldn't disagree more. The playoffs are completely different than the regular season. If you play poorly during the season and lose a game, it's not that big of a deal...you just make some adjustments and go out and try to win the next one. The playoffs are completely different. There is no next week if you play poorly.

Not only that, but the playoffs garner more national attention. More interviews, more cameras, a completely different schedule, a completely different mindset. I would rather these guys get exposed to the differences now, then later when they are expected to win playoff games.

Coming from a guy who played football and baseball in highschool and baseball in college, playoff games are much more emotional and much more physical. Everyone is out there knowing it could be their last game of the season or their only shot at getting a championship.

An experienced playoff team will beat an inexperienced playoff team a majority of the time regardless of talent IMO.

With free-agency and the movement in the NFL these guys can play a playoff game this year and be gone the next. It's still the same game you played for 16 weeks. You may gain experience with the glamor, prestige, and the media, but when you strap on the helmet it's still the same game when you get on the field. It's the experience you gain in the regular season that preps you for the next season to get you to the playoffs, not the playoffs themselves. In my own opinion, playoff experience is over-hyped.

Again, just my opinion. An experienced playoff team won't beat you by experience from previous playoffs. They will beat you cause they are the better team.

Buff
11-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I do want to make the playoffs because--

A.) The balance of power in the AFC has shifted this year-- so it's not a foregone conclusion like in years' past that New England or Indy is going to kill us.

B.) The Broncos have shown flashes of being a pretty good team this year. They're definitely not consistent, and the defense is suspect to say the least... But they have shown that they are at least capable of putting together stretches of good football and if they were to get hot at the right time, there's no reason they couldn't win 1 or more playoff games.

C.) I'm sick of not making the playoffs and I don't want to see San Diego take our spot.

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 03:57 PM
If we can win out then we deserve it and should go.. but to skim by and back into the playoffs I'd take NO pleasure doing that no pride in it..

If getting the playoffs by slithering under the door because everyone sucks even worse HELL NO..

the Experience of getting there and getting your asses kicked IMO does not justify the emotional distress that the kiddies will take from the ass whooping we most likely would get..

frankly I do not think what is left of the team is over the PITT ass kicking we took in 2006 years ago..

We need positive wins by playing the kiddies from here on out and find out who are players and who are not.. Nate is not the answer, boss is toast, most of the DL is crap and neither of safeties should be allowed back in Dove valley except to pick up there gear.

Have tater deliver it to them.. that is all he is good for..

hopefully we can indeed find a way to win if we can and more probably we need to clean house on the D side of the coaching staff.

Start off fresh with a totally new staff that does not answer directly to the HC.. let them decide on who to keep and who goes..

God only knows whatever comes out of it can't be much worse than this year..

I'd rather have a better draft choice and a new coaching staff than a half assed one and done..

And if Y'all want to quote me on that in the future please use it in the correct context.. I am not advocating giving up I want to see what the kiddies can do.. so we do not have to waste choices on the spots they can play and we just do not know it cause they are to busy playing out of position OR warming the bench behind a hack..

horsesense
11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
I told my bro this yersterday morning.
The raiders have as much a chance of beating us, as we do of going to the SuperBowl.

Hell Yes!!

hamrob
11-24-2008, 10:37 PM
I think we have to win at least 3 or the 5 remaining to make the playoffs.

@Jets
@Chiefs
Panthers
Bills
@Chargers

What three of those five games are we going to win? I can't see us winning any of the road games...which means we only get the two home games against the chiefs and Bills...and those aren't given (see the Raiders game).

The Chargers on the other hand have a good chance at winning 4 of 5 of their remaining games. So, if we only win 2...then they will win the division.

The Chargers have:

Falcons
Raiders
@Chiefs
@Bucs
Broncos

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
I think we have to win at least 3 or the 5 remaining to make the playoffs.

If we win three of the last five we are 9-7.

If San Diego wins 5 of their last 5, they are 9-7.

Comes down to that last game in that scenario. If we reach 9-7 we are in.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
If the Division comes down to SD finale, Denver will get destroyed.

The only thing they can do is win more games and maintain a lead going in.

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 10:45 PM
If the Division comes down to SD finale, Denver will get destroyed.

The only thing they can do is win more games and maintain a lead going in.

San Diego almost HAS to go 4 of 4 leading into that game at this point.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 10:49 PM
If only they showed up to play yesterday. Sigh...

Italianmobstr7
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
1 and done or not, I want to see the Broncos in the playoffs. Every year I want the Broncos in the playoffs. Anything can happen once you're in.

BeefStew25
11-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Regardless of waht happens, we need to get ready for the draft and go out and get a real quarterback.

sneakers
11-25-2008, 01:22 AM
yes.

Italianmobstr7
11-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Regardless of waht happens, we need to get ready for the draft and go out and get a real quarterback.

Absolutely right. Let's draft Graham Harrell with our first pick. He's looked good this season. Bwahahahaha.

frenchfan
11-25-2008, 02:36 AM
I am kind of torn.

If we make the playoffs I think we will get humiliated again on national TV, drop a few spots on the draft board, and it might save Slowik's job.

If we don't make the playoffs it probably means that the Chargers will. I think they might actually deserve it less than we do.

So in retrospect I want the Broncos to make the playoffs just to screw the Chargers.

What do you think?I want playoff.

First because that will give experience for our young players. We need that. I think that will help in the future.

Second because I don't think any other AFCW teams deserves it anyway... May be we'll be humiliated, but everyone knows that NO AFCW TEAM should be in playoffs.

Last, because anything can happen in the playoffs... Did anyone give a chance to the Giants to win the SB last year? Not many people...
May be our players will finally give everything they have on the field and play their best football? May be they will quit like cowards...
Nobody knows...
But if we make it to the playoffs, we'll know a bit better what kind of players we have...

Just my 2 cents.

LordTrychon
11-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Yes.....

topscribe
11-25-2008, 02:48 AM
I don't even watch the playoffs unless the Broncos are playing.

What's the point of doing that?

-----

dogfish
11-25-2008, 03:14 AM
Do you want the Broncos to make the playoffs?

yes. . . .

gotta be in it to win it big daddy!

BroncoBJ
11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
This might come as a shock to everyone but I'm actually a broncos fan :eek:
So I think it be cool if we made the playoffs.
Do you really want to hear all the Charger fans and everyone elses fans tell us how pathetic we are by choking in the final 5 games and all that?
I'd like to get some playoff experience for Jay and everyone else.

OrangeHoof
11-26-2008, 12:17 PM
I definitely want the Broncos to make the playoffs, even at 8-8 or 7-9. Winning the division is still winning the division. It might as well be us.

But, from a practical standpoint, most of the roster has no playoff experience so, even if they get blown out by the Titans or Steelers, the experience will help the next time they make the playoffs with a stronger team.

OrangeHoof
11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
BTW, we don't lose our draft position unless we reach the Super Bowl. We're not going to the Super Bowl so don't worry that making the playoffs will cost us anything in the draft - unless your goal is to not win at all so we can be 6-10.

tomjonesrocks
11-26-2008, 03:40 PM
San Diego almost HAS to go 4 of 4 leading into that game at this point.

Actually--there is a scenario where they win only two more so long as one of those is against the Broncos at the end of the year.

Could happen.

tomjonesrocks
11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
If we have to sit here and watch ugly losses to the Chiefs and Raiders how would a bad first-round exit in the playoffs be worse?

Of course I hope they get in.

Broncolingus
11-26-2008, 05:11 PM
"Do you want the Broncos to make the playoffs?"

'I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday...'

http://www.driko.org/blogicons/paulgleason_breakfastclub.jpg

Superchop 7
11-27-2008, 04:23 PM
The playoffs expose your weaknesses so from a practical aspect it is a good thing. (albeit embarassing)

It is important for the team to move forward, the best lessons are not always the easiest.

MasterShake
11-27-2008, 04:52 PM
The playoffs expose your weaknesses so from a practical aspect it is a good thing. (albeit embarassing)

It is important for the team to move forward, the best lessons are not always the easiest.

Yes, like how the Colts always DESTROYED us in the playoffs. We learned that we needed a good defense....oh, crap.

20yardline
11-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Our team needs some playoff experience even if we don't win.