PDA

View Full Version : who blew the play dead

BroncoTech
08-14-2011, 01:10 PM
You know when they blow the play dead right when they hike it, and there's that moment in you're mind where you're thinking what the hell is going on out there, and then it dawns on you that they blew a whistle and the play is dead.

Well....

In watching several of the preseason games this weekend I'm seeing a lot of that, except nobody blew the play dead these guys effort is just that low, so low you expect some announcement from the ref, but the play continues and you're left wondering how these guys collect a check. I've been watching the NFL since the 60's and don't ever remember the lack of effort being what I'm seeing this year on our team and others.

honz
08-14-2011, 01:32 PM
I guess nobody blew the play dead then...

BroncoTech
08-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Can't they at least make it look like they're playing football instead of just leaning on each other?

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
The checks they are collecting are only for $900 or some ridiculous figure like that.

That's why the PS is such a joke and the Owner's were adamant about keeping 4 preseason games-they get full price tickets, parking and concessions for a terrible product and they don't pay the players based on their salary.

shank
08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
i just ate a corndog.

Nomad
08-14-2011, 04:28 PM
i just ate a corndog.

What kind of mustard do you top it with?!?

shank
08-14-2011, 05:15 PM
What kind of mustard do you top it with?!?

none, mustard is gross.

it was a jalepeno cheese flavored corndog though.

BroncoTech
08-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Were you leaning against an O lineman pretending to pass rush while eating your corn dog? If so there might be a position for you in the NFL.