PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla responds to fans: Let's get real, Orton playing for money, not fans

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Orton for Colorado governor?

"Football is not a democracy; it's a dictatorship. So why do fans think they would be able to elect the starting quarterback for the Broncos? Kyle Orton is absolutely right. He only has to prove his worth on the field, not in the realm of cult fanaticism. If more politicians had this notion, our country would be better off. I hope Orton remains here after his playing days and runs for office."

Joe, Aurora

Kiz: Can you handle the truth? Orton is playing for the money, not love of the Broncos or fans. No matter how well Orton performs this season, do you see Denver giving him a new contract for three years and $30 million? I don't think so. So let's be brutally honest: Orton is a mercenary looking for his next NFL job. There's nothing wrong with that. But it might be tough to get elected Colorado governor when Orton is a resident of Arizona or Florida.

Tebow breaks traditional mold.

"I truly believe the development of Tim Tebow​ is a travesty of dare I say biblical proportions (and I'm not even religious). The beauty of quarterbacks such as Tebow, Michael Vick​ and even Brett Favre​ is they aren't traditional. The beauty is in what they are: playmakers, fun to watch, leaders and winners. Let us hope and pray Denver coach John Fox doesn't coach all these wonderful qualities out of Tebow."

Tina-Marie, Atlanta

Read more:
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18678005

Canmore
08-14-2011, 04:42 AM
Yes. Orton is auditioning for 2012. I just wonder if there is going to be a destination for him. I expect teams looking for a quarterback are going to be looking at the draft class of 2012. It may just be one of the best in years. Can you say 1983 where six players went in the first round and three Hall of Famers. No I don't expect that but this draft class looks very deep.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Yes. Orton is auditioning for 2012. I just wonder if there is going to be a destination for him. I expect teams looking for a quarterback are going to be looking at the draft class of 2012. It may just be one of the best in years. Can you say 1983 where six players went in the first round and three Hall of Famers. No I don't expect that but this draft class looks very deep.

His audition isn't going very well thus far. First and goal from the 6 (after the penalty) and 3 passes where he can't even throw a catchable ball to Brandon Lloyd? The guy who catches everything?

The running game looks very improved from last year, but Orton must make plays on passing downs and in the redzone. If he decides to lean on the running game and "take care of the football" (spoken: throw the ball away instead of making plays) we're going to have the exact same problems we had last year. Everyone knows Orton sucks in the clutch - so much so that the Cardinals even gave it as a reason for not pursuing him at a cheaper price than Kolb. They'll continue to do what they've been doing, load the box to stop the run to put us in 3rd and long and then pressure Orton who will fail to convert and we'll punt or take FGs.

MileHighCrew
08-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Orton needs to play for professional pride and to win, he has enough money Jack is cheaper than coke

chazoe60
08-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Orton should run for office? Orton can't run, we all know that.

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I have a feeling that Orton is going to hurt his value more than help it this year. His value will NEVER be higher than it is right this very second and still the demand for his services is NIL.

Northman
08-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Kiz: Can you handle the truth? Orton is playing for the money, not love of the Broncos or fans.

Not according to NorCal. lol

broncobryce
08-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I have a feeling that Orton is going to hurt his value more than help it this year. His value will NEVER be higher than it is right this very second and still the demand for his services is NIL.

I agree. I said before he is making a mistake staying here, if indeed it is true he stopped the trade to Miami.
Playing only for money and then dissing the fans of your team, not smart. I'd rather go where they are chanting my name, hell maybe he would even see a #8 in the stands in Miami had he gone there.
Oh well, he deserves every boo he's gonna hear.

BroncoTech
08-14-2011, 12:58 PM
from the article

The Broncos tried to trade Orton to Miami. John Elway and Brian Xanders failed to unload their starting quarterback, same as McDaniels was once unable to trade Cutler for Matt Cassel. What was the fallout? Cutler went ballistic. Orton did not. To borrow a phrase popular around Dove Valley these days, it's nice to know an adult is now playing QB for the Broncos.

An adult with 'nobody wants me' on his resume. Turns out Cutler was right.

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to remind your boss that you can go elsewhere anytime you want, unless of course you can't.

iyoungwoni1985
08-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Tim is the future but not ready to start .In his year 3 or ,4 ya but not now. look @ A. Rogers gr8 QB but had to sit to get that. good Steve young did get that good untell after 6 years .As fan we don't give him the RESPECT !!!! he's played 4 .IE 4 for seasons throwing over 3200 yards 20+ tds 12 or less ints. two years with Mcdaniels BAD!!! Now Orton is good stop it the man can play .he's beter than Jay cutter and way better than B.G

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I know there will be several instances this season where a run will be called and Orton will audible to a pass. What Orton needs vs the system Fox will employ, if it is truly run heavy, won't be in the best interests of Kyle Orton to showcase his "talent" to 31 other teams.

Orton will play for self before team and winning isn't necessarily the main goal.

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Tim is the future but not ready to start .In his year 3 or ,4 ya but not now. look @ A. Rogers gr8 QB but had to sit to get that. good Steve young did get that good untell after 6 years .As fan we don't give him the RESPECT !!!! he's played 4 .IE 4 for seasons throwing over 3200 yards 20+ tds 12 or less ints. two years with Mcdaniels BAD!!! Now Orton is good stop it the man can play .he's beter than Jay cutter and way better than B.G

Tom Brady and Tony Romo couldn't beat out Bledsoe. Drew Bledsoe!

Rivers and Rodgers needed their teams to ship the starters out.

Roethlisberger didn't beat Maddox out in his TC and was deemed not ready when injury forced him into the game. 15 wins later as a rookie he was plenty experienced.

Practice didn't polish Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers, getting in the games did. Tebow on the bench is all but useless. He was even more raw last year and he was good enough to start 3 games for this franchise, even if it was to put asses in the seats, but the fact is he performed admirably. He put up 20+ points a game-the point of offense is to score points preferably TD's not FG's- and he did that better in 3 games than Orton could.

The cold hard reality is nobody knows what the F they are talking about. Not here, not on the radio, not ESPN and not in the NFL to a large degree. Even Belichick admitted as much when discussing Brady. If anybody knew anything he wouldn't have gone in the 6th and even then he wouldn't have sat behind Bledsoe.

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 02:22 PM
We really need Orton. Tim is the future but not ready to start .In his year 3 or ,4 ya but not now. look @ A. Rogers gr8 QB but had to sit to get that. good Steve young did get that good untell after 6 years .As fan we don't give him the RESPECT !!!! he's played 4 .IE 4 for seasons throwing over 3200 yards 20+ tds 12 or less ints. two years with Mcdaniels BAD!!! Now Orton is good stop it the man can play .he's beter than Jay cutter and way better than B.G

No, we really don't

And wrong once again. :coffee: While we picked #2 overall Cutler took a bad Bears to the NFCCC.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Practice didn't polish Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers, getting in the games did. Tebow on the bench is all but useless. He was even more raw last year and he was good enough to start 3 games for this franchise, even if it was to put asses in the seats, but the fact is he performed admirably.

Yep. Folks forget that in Aaron Rodgers' (the guy everyone calls "elite" now) first season, the Packers had a losing record and the fans were pissed that they'd made a mistake trading Favre to the Jets. Rodgers didn't exactly light up the world his first season starting, but he got valuable game experience and they took their lumps then so they could be champions now.

The FO should really consider that before we waste another season with a milquetoast QB running the show when we aren't going to win, anyway.

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Roethlisberger didn't beat Maddox out in his TC and was deemed not ready when injury forced him into the game. 15 wins later as a rookie he was plenty experienced.

Practice didn't polish Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers, getting in the games did. Tebow on the bench is all but useless. He was even more raw last year and he was good enough to start 3 games for this franchise, even if it was to put asses in the seats, but the fact is he performed admirably. He put up 20+ points a game-the point of offense is to score points preferably TD's not FG's- and he did that better in 3 games than Orton could.

The cold hard reality is nobody knows what the F they are talking about. Not here, not on the radio, not ESPN and not in the NFL to a large degree. Even Belichick admitted as much when discussing Brady. If anybody knew anything he wouldn't have gone in the 6th and even then he wouldn't have sat behind Bledsoe.

Outstanding post. :salute:

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Yep. Folks forget that in Aaron Rodgers' (the guy everyone calls "elite" now) first season, the Packers had a losing record and the fans were pissed that they'd made a mistake trading Favre to the Jets. Rodgers didn't exactly light up the world his first season starting, but he got valuable game experience and they took their lumps then so they could be champions now.

The FO should really consider that before we waste another season with a milquetoast QB running the show when we aren't going to win, anyway.

Let's highlight that Rodgers was sitting behind a SURE FIRE HOF'er! Tebow is behind Orton. If Rodgers couldn't learn much in years sitting behind Favre what is Tebow going to learn sitting on the bench watching Orton? :confused:

Rodgers took his lumps and did Rivers. Here is another one for you-Eli Manning. He didn't beat out Warner. The team needed to ship him off.

Want some more? Kurt Warner was a guy stocking groceries and playing in the arena league. A guy named Dick Vermeil brought him to camp. Nobody in the world, outside of Warner's wife, knew who Warner was let alone thought he was an NFL QB. He was an arena passer. A game that requires a whole different skill set for QBs.

Trent Green gets shredded by the dirty Rodney Harrison and the rest is history! Warner and the Rams become the greatest show on turf. Sure he wasn't beating Green out in PRACTICE....but we all know the ending.

Slick
08-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Outstanding post.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 08:08 PM

Let's see if the math works. Right now he is making 9. If he would have taken the Mia he would have to play two years to break even.

If h gets 3 a year down the road that means he would have to have gotten 6 or more to break even in MIA.

Why would he want to take less money for playing in MIA for an even crappier tam than here. Oh yes. I forgot IF BM does not get suspenned again this year for the lying to the police wife shooting him or he bitch slaps her again (real good odds of that) he has crap to throw to.

Whereas in DEN he has a damned fine OL what looks to be a good running game, great recievers and some semblance of a defense.

Yep he should take less money to wok in. An inferior work environment. Just because yo and. Few others do nit like him.

chazoe60
08-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Let's see if the math works. Right now he is making 9. If he would have taken the Mia he would have to play two years to break even.

If h gets 3 a year down the road that means he would have to have gotten 6 or more to break even in MIA.

Why would he want to take less money for playing in MIA for an even crappier tam than here. Oh yes. I forgot IF BM does not get suspenned again this year for the lying to the police wife shooting him or he bitch slaps her again (real good odds of that) he has crap to throw to.

Whereas in DEN he has a damned fine OL what looks to be a good running game, great recievers and some semblance of a defense.

Yep he should take less money to wok in. An inferior work environment. Just because yo and. Few others do nit like him.

What the Hell are you talking about? I thought Orton was saddled with a horrid OL a bad running ge and the worst defense in the world? So all those excuses are now just erased this season? The team has gotten that much better this offseason?

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 09:46 PM

You clearly don't pay attention to football outside of the Broncos. Miami had a very good Defense which will only be better in it's 2nd year under Nolan.

Miami picked up Reggie Bush. Not a huge signing, but the guy will be out to prove his worth. Davone Bess is back from injury. They have very nice DL pieces and Karlos Dansby, and a fine secondary.

I wont go so far as to say all they are missing is a QB but it is pretty close.

Miami will finish 15 spots higher in D ranking than Denver and no less than 4 games better!

HammeredOut
08-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Orton for Colorado governor?

"I truly believe the development of Tim Tebow​ is a travesty of dare I say biblical proportions (and I'm not even religious). The beauty of quarterbacks such as Tebow, Michael Vick​ and even Brett Favre​ is they aren't traditional. The beauty is in what they are: playmakers, fun to watch, leaders and winners. Let us hope and pray Denver coach John Fox doesn't coach all these wonderful qualities out of Tebow."

Tina-Marie, Atlanta

Read more:
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18678005

How dare somebody say the names Mike Vick, and Brett Favre in the same sentence as Tim Tebow. Thats the most insulting thing a person can do to great QBs in the League. Tebow is a losing QB, with a losing record in the NFL, and is a proven loser. Those are HOFs in the same sentence as a Ryan Leaf. what a laughable article. somebody who knows nothing about football, or likely cooking.. lol..

Canmore
08-14-2011, 10:26 PM
How dare somebody say the names Mike Vick, and Brett Favre in the same sentence as Tim Tebow. Thats the most insulting thing a person can do to great QBs in the League. Tebow is a losing QB, with a losing record in the NFL, and is a proven loser. Those are HOFs in the same sentence as a Ryan Leaf. what a laughable article. somebody who knows nothing about football, or likely cooking.. lol..

Comparing Tim Tebow to Ryan Leaf is laughable. They have nothing in common. Don't really know where that came from.

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
I couldn't agree more with Tina-Marie. :sad: Tebow sits for almost 1 whole year. Fine. Tebow sits this year and we undergo a QB drought. Fine. The time-bomb is ticking.

I support Orton as a Bronco player but he does seem oblivious. The day free agency ends EFX try and trade him to Miami. Trade fails, and he wants back in at Denver. I wonder if he realizes or even cares about the tension that is going to create. It is extremely awkward and wierd.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 10:39 PM
I couldn't agree more with Tina-Marie. :sad: Tebow sits for almost 1 whole year. Fine. Tebow sits this year and we undergo a QB drought. Fine. The time-bomb is ticking.

I support Orton as a Bronco player but he does seem oblivious. The day free agency ends EFX try and trade him to Miami. Trade fails, and he wants back in at Denver. I wonder if he realizes or even cares about the tension that is going to create. It is extremely awkward and wierd.

He's making 9 million this year as a Denver Bronco. I don't think he cares about how awkward it is.

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 10:41 PM
He's making 9 million this year as a Denver Bronco. I don't think he cares about how awkward it is.

Fair point. Jarvis Moss didn't care either. Just sayin'

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 10:51 PM
What the Hell are you talking about? I thought Orton was saddled with a horrid OL a bad running ge and the worst defense in the world? So all those excuses are now just erased this season? The team has gotten that much better this offseason?

Not paying attention again. That was last year.

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 10:51 PM

Vick a HOF'er :lol:

Gettin ahead of ourselves are we :lol:

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 10:56 PM

These folks just do not get it.

How many of them would take a 4 million dollar cut in pay? For the privilege of moving to a hot hell hole of a place to play. then having the schedule they do every year.

I'll bet all The naysayers would do that in a heart beat. Just because they were not loved by their bosses fans.

For $4,000,000.00 It would take a lot of booing to cause me not to laugh all the way to the bank.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 10:59 PM

How many of them would take a 4 million dollar cut in pay? For the privilege of moving to a hot hell hole of a place to play. then having the schedule they do every year.

I'll bet all The naysayers would do that in a heart beat. Just because they were not loved by their bosses fans.

For $4,000,000.00 It would take a lot of booing to cause me not to laugh all the way to the bank.

If I was Orton I'd a done the same thing, and if we really had wanted to complete the deal with the Fish I'm sure we could have picked up the difference, between there price and our contract. Don't know how the second third and forth years would have played out though.

NorCalBronco7
08-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Not according to NorCal. lol

LOL

Are you saying only Orton is motivated by money? What NFL player, or any professional to a degree isnt?

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 11:14 PM
LOL

Are you saying only Orton is motivated by money? What NFL player, or any professional to a degree isnt?
:salute::salute:
Yeah I'm going to wait on this answer also..

Tned
08-14-2011, 11:18 PM

Lately your mantra has been "just the facts," which I think we can all see the irony in. However, that chuckle aside, what is your source for the 'fact' that he was going to have to take a $4 million cut in pay?

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Lately your mantra has been "just the facts," which I think we can all see the irony in. However, that chuckle aside, what is your source for the 'fact' that he was going to have to take a $4 million cut in pay?

Remove user from ignore listLonestar
This message is hidden because Lonestar is on your ignore list.

Can't argue with facts like this!!! ^^ :D Imo he has to be the worst poster on these boards. Why do you argue with a Mike hater when he (Shanahan) got us all our glory in the first place?