PDA

View Full Version : Orton Named Captain by Team Mates

Pages : [1] 2

Ziggy
08-13-2011, 05:02 PM
This should be good. Also named were JD Walton, Chris Kuper, Elvis Dumervil, Brian Dawkins and Lonnie Paxton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/13/broncos-captains-include-kyle-orton-j-d-walton/

nevcraw
08-13-2011, 05:06 PM
another true sign of the apocalypse.

I am going to have Clams and Lobster for din din!!

Northman
08-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Orton was the Capt. last year too wasnt he?

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Orton was the Capt. last year too wasnt he?

I think so.

Agent of Orange
08-13-2011, 05:21 PM
How cute. It's no wonder the team has sucked so bad. They either don't care about winning or think they're staging some meaningless show of solidarity, like it's them vs the fanbase. Good luck with that.

This has everything to do with dumb****s like Ayers trying to tell the fanbase to get behind Orton. Instead of being worried about winning games, these guys are more worried about meaningless demonstrations of solidarity and declaring war against the fanbase.

Dzone
08-13-2011, 05:25 PM
So how has JD Walton been playing in camp?

BroncoStud
08-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I wish we could just get rid of most of our 55 players and start over, keep the few good ones, just start over. What Josh McDaniels did to this team, organization, and fanbase is almost criminal.

PAINTERDAVE
08-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I wish we could just get rid of most of our 55 players and start over, keep the few good ones, just start over. What Josh McDaniels did to this team, organization, and fanbase is almost criminal.

Ayers has been invisible in camp...
looks like a big bust...
dude will probably not be here in 2012.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Ayers has been invisible in camp...
looks like a big bust...
dude will probably not be here in 2012.

'S funny, Dave . . . I read some good reports about Ayers, how good he was against the run . . .

-----

Lancane
08-13-2011, 06:32 PM

What he did to this organization is beyond criminal, what he forced the city, players, front office, coaching staff and the fans to endure is much the same. However, can we really blame the players? I'm not being the Devil's Advocate, but think about how some of these players feel...Larsen, Royal, Kuper, Clady, Dumervil, Thomas, Williams (which is ironic because they've become the core of this team and were brought in by Shanahan, yet some hate him) are now in their third regime in what four years? That's just asinine. In that time they've seen the team torn apart, the fans turning baleful because of it all. It's really shitty what we've all had to go through in that same time frame. I'm sure some of the players are just as angry about it all, and probably feel a little spurned by the fans as well...let's face it, it has to be as hard on them as on us, if not worse...no matter what they're paid.

And while I agree I would like to see our roster cleaned, where do we begin? Orton is obvious the best quarterback we have in regards to the in's and out's of the position, game management, mechanics of the position - that doesn't mean I like him or want him to be here beyond this season, but we have to sometimes see it from the players' and coaches' eyes. They feel that winning will win over the fans, they may not realize the level of contempt that we have because of the past and that winning is not enough...because let's face it, it isn't...what we want, what we all want is to be a dominant force once more.

There are those I feel need to be released from the Broncos sooner rather then later, such as Perrish Cox, David Bruton, Nate Jones, David Veikune, Louis Leonard, LenDale White and so forth who are not likely to make the final roster anyways and will likely get chances elsewhere. But we literally have a very young roster give the few solid veterans we have. And they're going to follow those whom are older and selected Orton as the captain because they know no better...so we really can not hold this against them either.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Orton was elected team captain by his teammates last year, plus team
representative. This year, he again has been elected team captain.

Kind of gives us an idea of what they think of him in the locker room, doesn't it?

-----

PAINTERDAVE
08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
'S funny, Dave . . . I read some good reports about Ayers, how good he was against the run . . .

-----

he was drafted as a pass rusher...
he had zero sacks last year IIRC..

They never called his name out once in the game...
not in on any tackles...
the sports guys on the radio who have watched every practice
say he is virutally invisible.

Nothing would be better than if he finaly plays well...

Timmy!
08-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Some of u guys crack me up. Wow. Mods please create a "I hate the broncos" forum. TIA.

DenBronx
08-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Proof that us fans have zero control over anything.

We are forced to cheer a bad product.

Or boo a bad product.

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 06:39 PM
A locker room thats won 12 games in their last 32. After we win 4 or 5 games this season and jettison the trash, Orton will be one of the first to go, we can draft a new leader (one who actually leads) and really start rebuilding this franchise. Or, we can stick with this mess, extend a below average QB elect him captain once again, and be on our way to joining the Bengals and Browns as perennial top five drafters.

PAINTERDAVE
08-13-2011, 06:40 PM

Kind of gives us an idea of what they think of him in the locker room, doesn't it?

-----

Top.. it is gonna be what it will be.

I accept Kyle will start...
I dont expect much from him .. however...
and since we are rebuilding anyway...

eh... it will be what it will be.

I don't expect him to be starting all year...
seriously.. not gigging you..
just sayin...

As far as Captain?

Is there any NFL team that does NOT have their starting QB in as captain?
I mean... does this REALLY say all that much?

I Eat Staples
08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
How cute. It's no wonder the team has sucked so bad. They either don't care about winning or think they're staging some meaningless show of solidarity, like it's them vs the fanbase. Good luck with that.

This has everything to do with dumbf*cks like Ayers trying to tell the fanbase to get behind Orton. Instead of being worried about winning games, these guys are more worried about meaningless demonstrations of solidarity and declaring war against the fanbase.

Yeah, that's possible. Or maybe they just think Orton gives them a better chance to win than Tebow.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 06:42 PM
he was drafted as a pass rusher...
he had zero sacks last year IIRC..

They never called his name out once in the game...
not in on any tackles...
the sports guys on the radio who have watched every practice
say he is virutally invisible.

Nothing would be better than if he finaly plays well...

Well, that's true, he has been a disappointment as a pass rusher. But the
Broncos have pass rushers now. What they need more urgently from him is run
defense, and he reportedly does that well.

So, while he should not have been selected at #18 overall as he was, that is
past and forever gone now. We have to look at today, my friend. If Ayers
can seal the edge, then he is a keeper. Let Dumervil, Miller, and Warren rush
the passer . . .

-----

Lancane
08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Some of u guys crack me up. Wow. Mods please create a "I hate the broncos" forum. TIA.

No one said they hated the Broncos Timmy, and to insinuate that they do because they dislike a decision, move or addition to the organization they love is hypocritical and unfair, after all...no one absolutely loves everything their favorite teams does over the time that they follow that same said team.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Top.. it is gonna be what it will be.

I accept Kyle will start...
I dont expect much from him .. however...
and since we are rebuilding anyway...

eh... it will be what it will be.

I don't expect him to be starting all year...
seriously.. not gigging you..
just sayin...

As far as Captain?

Is there any NFL team that does NOT have their starting QB in as captain?
I mean... does this REALLY say all that much?

I don't think we can look at it like that. If he were not respected in the
locker room they would not elect him captain. Especially this year, when he
was all but gone. And remember, he was elected captain AND union rep last
year . . .

-----

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Oh and BTW, Lonny shitdick Paxton FTW!!!!!!!

Give me a friggin break. Bruton makes ST tackles at a break neck speed as does Woodyard. Larsen kills people on kick coverage. And the locker room elects Paxton who i dont has ever made a STs tackle. Leach made them all the time. Another fine move by McMongoloid.

Lancane
08-13-2011, 06:46 PM

the passer . . .

-----

If any of the first rounders that McNumbnuts drafted thus far deserves to be cut, it's without question Demaryius Thomas...Ayers may be non-existent on a game to game basis other then as a run stuffer, but Thomas just doesn't exist or make a damn bit of difference, he's behind the fourth string receivers on the depth chart!!!

Clipworthy
08-13-2011, 06:46 PM
why does the team rally around Orton so much, he is far from team-oriented and a complete bore to watch. what's in the gatorade....

topscribe
08-13-2011, 06:47 PM
A locker room thats won 12 games in their last 32. After we win 4 or 5 games this season and jettison the trash, Orton will be one of the first to go, we can draft a new leader (one who actually leads) and really start rebuilding this franchise. Or, we can stick with this mess, extend a below average QB elect him captain once again, and be on our way to joining the Bengals and Browns as perennial top five drafters.

Sorry, but that is decidedly not the locker room that won 12 games over their
last 32. A HUGE percentage of the starting players were never there before.
I really don't understand holding last year's performance against them, just
because they have a Broncos logo on their helmets . . .

-----

topscribe
08-13-2011, 06:48 PM
If any of the first rounders that McNumbnuts drafted thus far deserves to be cut, it's without question Demaryius Thomas...Ayers may be non-existent on a game to game basis other then as a run stuffer, but Thomas just doesn't exist or make a damn bit of difference, he's behind the fourth string receivers on the depth chart!!!

Cane, buddy, you don't throw a first-rounder out the window just because he
has been injured. You just don't do that . . .

-----

topscribe
08-13-2011, 06:49 PM
why does the team rally around Orton so much, he is far from team-oriented and a complete bore to watch. what's in the gatorade....

Tell me . . . how much time have you spent in the locker room?

-----

Lancane
08-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Cane, buddy, you don't throw a first-rounder out the window just because he
has been injured. You just don't do that . . .

-----

I wouldn't throw him out the window Top, he might shatter then and be broken even worse then he is now! ;)

:lol:

Clipworthy
08-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Tell me . . . how much time have you spent in the locker room?

-----

that's why I'm asking?

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Sorry, but that is decidedly not the locker room that won 12 games over their
last 32. A HUGE percentage of the starting players were never there before.
I really don't understand holding last year's performance against them, just
because they have a Broncos logo on their helmets . . .

-----

QB- same
OL- same except Franklin
WR- Same
RB- Same except McGahee
TE- mixed bag

DL- lots of diffefent dudes, granted
LB- Same except Von
CB-Same
S- Mixed bag

STs- Mostly same some rooks will play though

Sorry Top, but this team is made up of many of the same cast of characters.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 07:04 PM
QB- same
OL- same except Franklin
WR- Same
RB- Same except McGahee
TE- mixed bag

DL- lots of diffefent dudes, granted
LB- Same except Von
CB-Same
S- Mixed bag

STs- Mostly same some rooks will play though

Sorry Top, but this team is made up of many of the same cast of characters.

Chaz, the OL is NOT the same. ALL THREE of the vets were injured at one
time or another last year, and some of the time they were injured all at the
same time. Clady never was 100%. So they had subs and rookies. This year,
everybody is healthy, which, in effect, constitutes a different lineup.

WR, not the same. Decker is #3, and Gaffney, starter last year, is gone.
Royal, hopefully healthy, is starting now. That's two out of the starting three.

RB - Nope. McGahee makes a TREMENDOUS difference there. And White is
healthy again, and JJ is making a lot of noise.

TE - VERY good. Fells is starting, and J. Thomas is a beast, a raw one, but a beast.

DL - Doom is back, Ayers is at his best position, and DTs go without saying.

LB - NOT the same. DJ back at Will for the first time since rookie, and Mays is
starting for the first time, as not a replacement.

CB - Best in the game in Champ. No desire to change there. Goodman back
healthy, which we was not all last year.

S - You lost me on "mixed bag." Not sure what you mean. But Dawkins, hurt
most of last year, is back, and Rahim Moore is brand new.

This is most emphatically NOT the same team as last year's . . .

-----
healthy

Lancane
08-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Just a question, but has anyone come to the conclusion that maybe because he's the starting quarterback that he was named captain because of that fact? I know a lot of people want to point that the players are misguided or that Orton earned it...but is it not applicable that maybe some are used to their starting quarterback having that honor? It's not the first time I've heard of such happening. Yeah, some teams like the Jets do it differently where the coach decides who is or is not the captains, but players have sort of grown through the high school and collegiate years with their quarterbacks having the honor of the position, whether or not they deserved it...

Just a thought!

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Same cast of characters in the locker room Top, that was my point. I dont care if they moved from one LB position to another or moved up the WR chart. They're still the same human beings who took this team to 4-12, for the most part.

I get that the players like the guy. Fine. He takes them to Vegas to drink and gamble id like that shit too. But what I see when I watch the games is a guy who stinks at the times when we need his A-Game, i wont list the times we all know them by heart now. I also see a guy who quit on drives(SF game), plays (pick a game) and entire games (Oak game). And I'll never except that and keep my mouth shut about it.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Just a question, but has anyone come to the conclusion that maybe because he's the starting quarterback that he was named captain because of that fact? I know a lot of people want to point that the players are misguided or that Orton earned it...but is it not applicable that maybe some are used to their starting quarterback having that honor? It's not the first time I've heard of such happening. Yeah, some teams like the Jets do it differently where the coach decides who is or is not the captains, but players have sort of grown through the high school and collegiate years with their quarterbacks having the honor of the position, whether or not they deserved it...

Just a thought!

Same cast of characters in the locker room Top, that was my point. I dont care if they moved from one LB position to another or moved up the WR chart. They're still the same human beings who took this team to 4-12, for the most part.

I get that the players like the guy. Fine. He takes them to Vegas to drink and gamble id like that shit too. But what I see when I watch the games is a guy who stinks at the times when we need his A-Game, i wont list the times we all know them by heart now. I also see a guy who quit on drives(SF game), plays (pick a game) and entire games (Oak game). And I'll never except that and keep my mouth shut about it.

Why is it you NEVER seem to have ONE GOOD THING to say about Orton in ANY area?
One would think he's a baby raper or something. It's crazy . . . :confused:

-----

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Because I'm not fond of QBs who quit on my favorite team while I sit and watch them lose 59-14 to the effing Raiders in Denver. That's second to baby rape on my list of shitty things to do.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Because I'm not fond of QBs who quit on my favorite team while I sit and watch them lose 59-14 to the effing Raiders in Denver. That's second to baby rape on my list of shitty things to do.

I guess we just have a different concept on what happened.

And different values . . . :coffee:

-----

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I guess we just have a different concept on what happened.

And different values . . . :coffee:

-----

I don't know what you mean with the values quote, but if you cant tell my post was part absurdist comedy I think you need to read it again.

topscribe
08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't know what you mean with the values quote, but if you cant tell my post was part absurdist comedy I think you need to read it again.

Okay, I went back and reread it, and I still can't tell from that.

But I know you wouldn't lie about it. Don't worry about it.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
08-13-2011, 07:33 PM
In 2008, Orton was named a team captain for the Bears. From article:

For the Bears to name a quarterback — a position of instability for more years than I can count on my fingers and toes — a team captain, it speaks volumes about how the Bears players and coaches view starter Kyle Orton.

http://www.bearsbeat.com/2008/09/01/orton-named-a-team-captain/

Apparently, players, regardless of what team they are on, like Orton.

Lancane
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Why is it you NEVER seem to have ONE GOOD THING to say about Orton in ANY area?
One would think he's a baby raper or something. It's crazy . . . :confused:

-----

Top, I defended Orton last year if you remember when everyone was on him about not lifting the team on his shoulders and doing more to win games. He's not that kind of quarterback, they really could not ask more of him then what he did. I also watched his meltdown Top, some of it could be tied the fact he was injured, but rather what I saw was a quarterback who was irritated with the organization and the fans, he didn't look hurt to me and he said as much himself. I really believe he quit and then it backfired on him because it allowed Tebow to start the final three games and what did we see? Orton throwing a damn fit over the decision.

Look Top, I never thought much of him as a quarterback, he is a serviceable game manager who plays to not make mistakes, he doesn't play to win. But I always thought he had more class then he's shown as of late, of course people are booing him, he literally sucked towards the back part of the season, his attitude over Tebow starting didn't help and instead of just being complacent and saying "We'll win and the fans I hope come around" or something positive he threw it back in the faces of those booing him, he knew what he was doing Top, we both know that. He's doing exactly the same things that had so many pissed off at Plummer, and everything that's going on is just adding fuel to the fire.

I won't support him, I will not defend him no matter what now because I saw him quit (IMO) and then seen him act the child when things didn't go his way. I would support Matt Leinart as a starter over Orton at this time. And I don't feel he's playing for his teammates or for the organization, he's playing for a contract elsewhere and IMHO to effect Tebowmania the fans supporting Tebow and possibly effect the draft. I know you probably don't think so...but I believe he's a vindictive *****!

Davii
08-13-2011, 07:39 PM
To be honest, I couldn't give a rats ass whether Orton is the captain or not, It's not news that a starting qb us a team captain.

But something from that list did shock me... Where is Champ? Is he not a captain this year?

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 07:43 PM
To be honest, I couldn't give a rats ass whether Orton is the captain or not, It's not news that a starting qb us a team captain.

But something from that list did shock me... Where is Champ? Is he not a captain this year?

It wouldn't surprise me if all 32 teams have their quarterbacks as team captains. It's kind of the nature of the position isn't?

pnbronco
08-13-2011, 07:43 PM

Wow you're right. They have 2 O-lines and no Champ. He's not a ra....ra....guy and I would say he's more towards the quite side......:whoknows:

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 07:45 PM

----- absolutely, but the haters will never get it. Way above their logic.

Hate can destroy all logical thought.

I'm guessing unless he is traded last minute that their will be a run on prozac in bronco fans pharmacies.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Canmore
08-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Wow you're right. They have 2 O-lines and no Champ. He's not a ra....ra....guy and I would say he's more towards the quite side......:whoknows:

Kind of surprised there is no Champ, but he has always let his play do the talking.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 07:48 PM

One of the question on the new Colorado gun permit application is are you a bronco fan.

If they check yes then they have to pass a physc eval before they get their gun and none will be handed out till after the season is over.

Bugs Baloney
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Kind of surprised there is no Champ, but he has always let his play do the talking.

It's because the team only chooses "Leaders" like KO to be captain :tsk:

topscribe
08-13-2011, 07:54 PM
It's because the team only chooses "Leaders" like KO to be captain :tsk:

Well, apparently the team views Kyle as a leader . . . :coffee:

-----

Lancane
08-13-2011, 07:55 PM
absolutely, but the haters will never get it. Way above their logic.

Hate can destroy all logical thought.

I'm guessing unless he is traded last minute that their will be a run on prozac in bronco fans pharmacies.

Pot meet Kettle...

Signed, Sincerely Yours...

Mike Shanahan

:D

Bugs Baloney
08-13-2011, 07:56 PM

-----

that's laughable....:laugh:

Lancane
08-13-2011, 07:58 PM

-----

Again proof that steroids does in fact damage brain cells! ;)

Rick
08-13-2011, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't count D Thomas out yet.

If he remains battling the injury list time after time he is not worth a first but when he is playing I think he can be a great talent.

The little bit he played last year he showed he can take over.

Still has the potential to make Loyd, Royal, Decker and him quite unstoppable.

topscribe
that's laughable....:laugh:

Right. And when is the last time you were in the locker room?

-----

Slick
I've always wished DJ and Champ would become more vocal leaders for this team.

I'm not surprised DJ wasn't elected but I thought Champ would.

I know neither have ever been considered that, but it would be nice if they did.

Bugs Baloney
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Lead Away Kyle You Stud! :salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lINsnwqt1FA

BroncoBJ
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM

-----

Pretty cool to have 2 QB's on our team that are leaders then huh? :elefant: because we all know whenever Tebow becomes the starter, that he'll be a captain as well. :salute:

topscribe
08-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Pretty cool to have 2 QB's on our team that are leaders then huh? :elefant: because we all know whenever Tebow becomes the starter, that he'll be a captain as well. :salute:

According to reports, Tebow is having a hard time proving he's better than Quinn right now.

Gotta be more than a "leader" to become a good QB . . .

-----

Lancane
08-13-2011, 08:09 PM
According to reports, Tebow is having a hard time proving he's better than Quinn right now.

Gotta be more than a "leader" to become a good QB . . .

-----

Not much obviously! ;)

:D

(Just picking on you old friend!)

PAINTERDAVE
08-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Apparently, players, regardless of what team they are on, like Orton.

And apparantly, regardless of what team he is on... the fans dont.

LOL

PAINTERDAVE
08-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't think we can look at it like that. If he were not respected in the
locker room they would not elect him captain. Especially this year, when he
was all but gone. And remember, he was elected captain AND union rep last
year . . .

-----

I forgot Kyle was a Union Steward as well.

One more reason to dislike him. :wave:

topscribe
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I forgot Kyle was a Union Steward as well.

One more reason to dislike him. :wave:

One more reason to believe the team likes him . . .

-----

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 08:22 PM

Team captains are generally guys that are very vocal and that just not Champ. It doesn't make him less of a leader it just means he leads by example.

Canmore
08-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Team captains are generally guys that are very vocal and that just not Champ. It doesn't make him less of a leader it just means he leads by example.

We could use a couple more players like him. :defense:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-13-2011, 08:38 PM
The team captains for the season have not been determined yet:

From article:

The six players who went to midfield for the pre-game coin toss Thursday night were the Broncos’ game-day captains.

The team will not vote on their 2011 season captains until after the 53-man roster is set at the end of the preseason.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/08/13/final-broncos-team-captains-not-yet-chosen/8861/

Canmore
08-13-2011, 08:39 PM

From article:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/08/13/final-broncos-team-captains-not-yet-chosen/8861/

I kind of wondered. Good to know. :defense:

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 08:42 PM

SO anyone that was involved in last years record should not be considered for a captian spot or get to vote n it?

Yeah that makes sense..

Dzone
08-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Havent read all of this thread, but its about Orton. I dont care for Orton and never have. But heres to hoping the dude lights it up and throws for 300+ yards and 4 touchdowns. Tebow can sit and learn. It will be good for him. Plus it will humble Tebow when Orton starts playin lights out! I dont even think I can get my self to say "Go Orton" but if he takes us down, first drive4 against Oakland, and puts 7-0 on the board, Im going to be going berserk!!! I might even be able to say "Way to go Orton!"...but if the season starts off as a downer, then people will be wearing paper bags with orton Sucks signs. The booing will be out of control if trots off the field and colquit jogs on too many times. After the game, he will be invariably asked "How does the booing affect you , Kyle?"

Slick
08-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks carol. You rock.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
What Josh McDaniels did to this team, organization, and fanbase is almost criminal.

What he did to this organization is beyond criminal, what he forced the city, players, front office, coaching staff and the fans to endure is much the same.

seriously, are you guys remotely serious

crim·i·nal   [krim-uh-nl] Show IPA
adjective
of the nature of or involving crime.
guilty of crime.
Law . of or pertaining to crime or its punishment: a criminal proceeding.
exorbitant; grossly overpriced: They charge absolutely criminal prices.
noun
a person guilty or convicted of a crime.

Please show me where he commited a crime..

BTW you probably do not want to go there, with the he made bad decisions..

Because I can play the mikey card with LOTS more personnel fubars..

Slick
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Please don't jr. Please.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Please don't jr. Please.

balls in their court..:salute:

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 08:59 PM

From article:

Thanks Carol.

At any rate even if team had already determined that Orton was going to be a team captain so be it. It's going to be any kind of shock to me if Orton is elected team captain. Teams look to their starting quarterbacks leaders.

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Please don't jr. Please.

To late.

Dzone
08-13-2011, 09:09 PM
I hope that QB decision for that first game is a very hard one for them to make. That everyone plays up to their potential. Thats a good problem to have. Its up to Tebow and Quinn to make it a hard decision for them.

cuzz4169
08-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Orton is captain BC he's starting qb period. No other reason nothing to look into. Every team in the NFL has starting qb as a captain. Yes he was voted by teammates, but how hard is the vote? He's the starting qb so only one choice.

Lancane
08-13-2011, 09:21 PM
seriously, are you guys remotely serious

Please show me where he commited a crime..

BTW you probably do not want to go there, with the he made bad decisions..

Because I can play the mikey card with LOTS more personnel fubars..

Definition of RAPE

transitive verb
a archaic : to seize and take away by force
b : despoil
: to commit rape on

Definition of DESPOIL

transitive verb
: to strip of belongings, possessions, or value : pillage

Definition of ROB

transitive verb
a (1) : to take something away from by force : steal from (2) : to take personal property from by violence or threat
b (1) : to remove valuables without right from (a place) (2) : to take the contents of (a receptacle)
c : to take away as loot : steal <rob jewelry>
a : to deprive of something due, expected, or desired
b : to withhold unjustly or injuriously
intransitive verb
: to commit robbery

Should we add sodomy since he ass-raped the fans as well? At least Shanahan gave us two championships. McNumbnuts didn't leave us a damn thing!

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Orton is captain BC he's starting qb period. No other reason nothing to look into. Every team in the NFL has starting qb as a captain. Yes he was voted by teammates, but how hard is the vote? He's the starting qb so only one choice.

Actually the team hasn't pick the team captains yet. That said when they do who ever is the starting quarterback will more than likely be named as a team captain.

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Should we add sodomy since he ass-raped the fans as well? At least Shanahan gave us two championships. McNumbnuts didn't leave us a damn thing!

Not true, McMongoloid left us all with a QB we loathe.

Lancane
08-13-2011, 09:27 PM

:rofl: very true...

Slick
08-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Ffs every thread turns into this.

vettesplus
08-13-2011, 09:33 PM

that would have to include tebow, a product of the mcdush era

Denver Native (Carol)
08-13-2011, 09:44 PM
WELL - things keep changing::lol:

Head Coach John Fox stopped by for a breif chat with media and revealed that team captains will be voted on a game-by-game basis as opposed to naming season-long captains.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2011-training-camp-day-17-p-m-blog/

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 09:48 PM
WELL - things keep changing::lol:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2011-training-camp-day-17-p-m-blog/

He's just trying to keep everyone on their toes. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-13-2011, 09:52 PM
He's just trying to keep everyone on their toes. :lol:

The more I think about it - I like that team captains will be on a game by game basis, rather than for the whole year.

BroncoStud
08-13-2011, 09:54 PM

-----

Didn't keep him from getting benched last year, did it? :laugh:

Orton will be booed out of Invesco this season and he deserves every last bit of it. He can take 59-14 and shove it. Orton's all about Orton, and he isn't 1/2 as good as he thinks Orton is.

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 09:55 PM
The more I think about it - I like that team captains will be on a game by game basis, rather than for the whole year.

It's neither here nor there to me. Whatever they want to do. I just want them to win games.

Canmore
08-13-2011, 09:56 PM
It's neither here nor there to me. Whatever they want to do. I just want them to win games.

I'm with you.

Ravage!!!
08-13-2011, 10:07 PM

Me too. It gives other players that may have had an extraordinary week, to get to head to the center of the field for the flip. I like that.

BroncoStud
08-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Or...it has everything to do with players like Ayers telling you dumbf*cks you aren't as smart as you think you are.

I'm pretty sure Robert Ayers isn't a MENSA candidate. He gets paid an awful lot to accomplish very little here in Denver, he needs to **** and improve his mediocre play.

Lancane
08-13-2011, 10:23 PM

That's how Ryan did it with the Jets the previous two seasons, it wasn't till this season that he actually named two permanent captains.

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah, you're right, its totally OK for people to call players dumbf*cks, and not expect anyone to call them out for it.

Besides the fact it breaks the rules by skirting the language filter, to begin with, but nevermind that...

You know as well as anyone that according to the rules it's permisable to rip into a player or a coach but not fellow posters.

Nomad
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
DN and Rav have the right idea!

I bet Orton knows a thing or two about being a captain.......Captain Morgan that is! I kid! I kid!:D

Chidoze
08-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Wha??? No DJ Williams as a captain this year?

Or Champ Bailey???

MOtorboat
08-13-2011, 10:38 PM
You know as well as anyone that according to the rules it's permisable to rip into a player or a coach but not fellow posters.

Oh, I know, and you know as well as I do, that makes anyone who does it a hypocrite.

Of course, skirting the filters is also not permisable, too.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-13-2011, 10:40 PM

Or Champ Bailey???

Head Coach John Fox stopped by for a breif chat with media and revealed that team captains will be voted on a game-by-game basis as opposed to naming season-long captains.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...y-17-p-m-blog/

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...y-17-p-m-blog/

You need get some rest because you're repeating yourself love. :D

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 12:17 AM

-----

Just because that cast of losers likes following him, that doesn't make him a leader. What exactly has Orton been "leading"? They've sucked.

I Eat Staples
08-14-2011, 12:45 AM

Let's be honest, the whole team quit during that game, and even if they didn't we were still going to get blown out.

chazoe60
08-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Let's be honest, the whole team quit during that game, and even if they didn't we were still going to get blown out.

And Orton was the captain and supposed leader of that whole team of quitters. See my point?

claymore
08-14-2011, 02:00 AM
You anti Orton guys are shameless. Calling the team "quitters" and "Dumb ****'s"??? WTF is wrong with you all?

Orton sucks. He is a second string QB. The problem is, our other 2 QB's are 3rd and 4th string QB's.

How in the hell you expect Fox to start players that havent earned a starting spot is ridiculous.

claymore
08-14-2011, 02:09 AM

Yes. Tim Tebow.

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Yes. Tim Tebow.

I don't think either of them are here long term. EFX seemed to be itching to move them both. I wouldnt be shocked to see us go in another direction next year.

I like Tebow, seems like a really good person but winning football games to me are more important at least from a fan perspective. Regardless of how hyped up a guy is. I'm pulling for him as a fan though but he's got to show the coaches and players more, ALOT more. If he can't beat out Orton then I don't see him here too long.

So, the question is. If both QB's look good in preseason do we deal one if another teams QB gets injured?

And what's the point of playing Orton if he can't get us to the playoffs? I wouldnt mind if he at least showed he can win games in the 4th or bring us back when were down. Elway did it. He won us games that we shouldnt have won. I dont see that from Orton. So what's the point of him being here with an overall bad team?

Canmore
08-14-2011, 02:29 AM
I don't think either of them are here long term. EFX seemed to be itching to move them both. I wouldnt be shocked to see us go in another direction next year.

I like Tebow, seems like a really good person but winning football games to me are more important at least from a fan perspective. Regardless of how hyped up a guy is. I'm pulling for him as a fan though but he's got to show the coaches and players more, ALOT more. If he can't beat out Orton then I don't see him here too long.

So, the question is. If both QB's look good in preseason do we deal one if another teams QB gets injured?

And what's the point of playing Orton if he can't get us to the playoffs? I wouldnt mind if he at least showed he can win games in the 4th or bring us back when were down. Elway did it. He won us games that we shouldnt have won. I dont see that from Orton. So what's the point of him being here with an overall bad team?

Yes deal one of them. If we can get value pull the trigger. Personally, I would like to see what Tebow brings to the table before 2012. We have a first round pick invested in him, I would like to see him play. If nothing else he is exciting to watch.

With Kyle I think what you see is what you get. He is a game manager and in Denver that is a naughty word. We want more.

claymore
08-14-2011, 02:29 AM

I hope we get rid of both Orton and Tebow. Im all for going in a different direction.

I think starting Orton would save us some embarrassment. The playbook for Tebow would be so limited that we would be exposed immediately.

If Orton doesn’t start, I hope Quinn does.

None of our QB's are taking us anywhere.

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Yes deal one of them. If we can get value pull the trigger. Personally, I would like to see what Tebow brings to the table before 2012. We have a first round pick invested in him, I would like to see him play. If nothing else he is exciting to watch.

With Kyle I think what you see is what you get. He is a game manager and in Denver that is a naughty word. We want more.

Miami would really benifit by having Tebow. Henne is a crap QB and Florida loves Tebow, more than Denver fans. He would at least start there I would think. Not that I want to see him go because I think he will prove alot of people wrong, but it would honestly be best for Tebow.

If Miami was to offer a 1st then why not? If a 2nd and a player then maybe.

Just use that ammo to get who we need next year.

But a big part of me really wants to see Tim play this year for the Broncos.

Lancane
08-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Miami would really benifit by having Tebow. Henne is a crap QB and Florida loves Tebow, more than Denver fans. He would at least start there I would think. Not that I want to see him go because I think he will prove alot of people wrong, but it would honestly be best for Tebow.

I was sort of surprised that San Francisco didn't try and trade for Tebow, because I know Harbaugh is rather high on him, and he probably could have gotten Steve Young step in and be sort of a mentor, which would have been ideal. That's why I was surprised that Gruden was coaching him, I mean Gruden is a terrific coach, but Young being a southpaw would have been the ideal mentor in regards to his mechanics, at least in my opinion.

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 02:41 AM
I hope we get rid of both Orton and Tebow. Im all for going in a different direction.

I think starting Orton would save us some embarrassment. The playbook for Tebow would be so limited that we would be exposed immediately.

If Orton doesn’t start, I hope Quinn does.

None of our QB's are taking us anywhere.

I dont know if anything would expose Tebow. Everyone already knows who he is. We saw it the last 3 games last year. He can will us to a victory. The raiders dominated us last year and Orton just rolled over that game. The 2nd game it was much differant, even in a loss it always looked like we had a chance to win. And he did very well against the Texans.

We also saw a glimpse in this years preseason. He wont wow you from the pocket right now but he keeps defenses on their toes. When you think he could run it he tosses a 40 yard bomb. I see a much much bigger ceiling with #15 then #8.

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 02:43 AM
I was sort of surprised that San Francisco didn't try and trade for Tebow, because I know Harbaugh is rather high on him, and he probably could have gotten Steve Young step in and be sort of a mentor, which would have been ideal. That's why I was surprised that Gruden was coaching him, I mean Gruden is a terrific coach, but Young being a southpaw would have been the ideal mentor in regards to his mechanics, at least in my opinion.

I was hoping we would go after Gruden. I think he has a man crush on Tebow.

Or at least someone that wanted to develop him. Elway doesnt seem so high on him but has since back off with the "raw" comments. Maybe he doesnt want to deal with the backlash from the fans?

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 02:46 AM
I think starting Orton would save us some embarrassment.

59-14

Orton didnt save us from any embarrassment last year. He has the potential to do it again.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 02:47 AM

If someone were to offer a first for Tebow, he's on the next plane out of Denver. :laugh: Just don't think it will happen. I'd take the second and a player. Miami would be a great destination. Henne...Tebow would be an upgrade and a instant hit. People would be in the stands and the place would be rocking. Just don't think it's a possibility.

claymore
08-14-2011, 02:50 AM
59-14

Orton didnt save us from any embarrassment last year. He has the potential to do it again.

Orton does suck. But not as bad as Tebow. We have all seen the simplistic offense that they give Tebow when he is in. Teams that have a few game tapes of that will destroy us.

Im all for Tebow starting if he can beat out Kyle Orton. But he cant.

Go Broncos

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Orton does suck. But not as bad as Tebow. We have all seen the simplistic offense that they give Tebow when he is in. Teams that have a few game tapes of that will destroy us.

Im all for Tebow starting if he can beat out Kyle Orton. But he cant.

Go Broncos

I doubt Tebow will beat Orton out in camp/preseason but wait till Fox sees with his own eyes how bad Orton is in the redzone in a regular game. If by mid season we have only won 3 or so games I could see us going in another direction.

Again, I'm not interested in a practice QB. I want someone who plays his guts out on gamedays. But it doesnt really matter, we suck in more areas than QB.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 03:03 AM
I doubt Tebow will beat Orton out in camp/preseason but wait till Fox sees with his own eyes how bad Orton is in the redzone in a regular game. If by mid season we have only won 3 or so games I could see us going in another direction.

Again, I'm not interested in a practice QB. I want someone who plays his guts out on gamedays. But it doesnt really matter, we suck in more areas than QB.

We were baaaaad last year. Have we improved? Probably, but at the most important position we are still starting Kyle Orton. He is not a game changer and we badly need one at quarterback. Can Tebow be the answer? I don't know, but I would rather see him play than Kyle.

claymore
08-14-2011, 03:04 AM

Hopefully Fox fixes our running game. That and better playcalling instantly make us far better than we were last year.

Fox knows what he has in Orton. Thats say's alot about what he thinks about Tebow. IMO

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Hopefully Fox fixes our running game. That and better playcalling instantly make us far better than we were last year.

Fox knows what he has in Orton. Thats say's alot about what he thinks about Tebow. IMO

We still have the same offense and the same play caller. Fox of course will run it more and will put his twist on it, at least balance it out. I think we made the right decision here by keeping the OC.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 03:12 AM

We need to address the run game on both sides of the ball. We need to run the football, stop the run and don't turn it over. Basic football 101. Kyle will protect the football. He may not make the game changing plays but he does not turn it over. Fox said a runningback was the number one priority in free agency. That's how important he believes the run game is. I expect it to be hugely improved. Now about the elephant in the room, our run defense. It will make no difference that we have Doom back and have added Miller if our new additions, Warren and Bunkley, and holdovers, Thomas and Vickerson from last year in the middle can't stop anyone from cramming the ball down our throats. I'm waiting to see our run defense.

zbeg
08-14-2011, 03:33 AM

McDaniels was a big push behind going back to the orange jerseys starting next year.

Honestly, that's big to me. We should have never gotten away from the orange jerseys.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 03:36 AM
McDaniels was a big push behind going back to the orange jerseys starting next year.

Honestly, that's big to me. We should have never gotten away from the orange jerseys.

I love the old jerseys. Grew up with them. It's nice to see that we are going back to our "roots". :salute:

zbeg
08-14-2011, 03:38 AM
And Orton was the captain and supposed leader of that whole team of quitters. See my point?

42-10 (35 point second quarter wtf)
55-10

In the biggest game of the season.

The team quit, and the quarterback was the supposed leader of that team of quitters. Wish the Broncos had run that bum out of town.

Also, not sure if people were aware: quarterbacks don't play defense.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 03:40 AM
55-10

The team quit, and the quarterback was the supposed leader of that team of quitters. Wish the Broncos had run that bum out of town.

Glad they didn't. But I don't think quit was ever in him, even at 55-10.

bcbronc
08-14-2011, 03:56 AM
If Miami was to offer a 1st then why not? I

and then we use that pick to get Luck! Win!

Now about the elephant in the room, our run defense. It will make no difference that we have Doom back and have added Miller if our new additions, Warren and Bunkley, and holdovers, Thomas and Vickerson from last year in the middle can't stop anyone from cramming the ball down our throats. I'm waiting to see our run defense.

two reasons I think our run defense will be much improved:

1. last year we tried to run a 3-4 without a legit NT and without a big, banging ILB that can make plays taking on blocks vs the running game. Scheme change goes a long way towards fixing this gaping hole.

2. we should be much more physical up the gut than we were last year with Mays, Haggans or Irving at Mike and Dawkins or Carter at SS.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 04:03 AM

1. last year we tried to run a 3-4 without a legit NT and without a big, banging ILB that can make plays taking on blocks vs the running game. Scheme change goes a long way towards fixing this gaping hole.

2. we should be much more physical up the gut than we were last year with Mays, Haggans or Irving at Mike and Dawkins or Carter at SS.

The jury is out out on our interior tackles and our mike. A gaping hole sounds like how I have described our problems in the middle. If it is not better than last year we are once again going to be in the cellar when it comes to defensive standings. I am cautiously optimistic that we have at least addressed the issue and will be improved. We don't have to be great just middle of the road and we can let our pass defense loose.

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 04:05 AM

Could anyone honestly see EFX turning down a 1st if anyone offered it? Would Tebow rather play in Denver or Miami? Most of his fan base in Florida so I think he would embrace this.

But...no one will do that. Especially now that they know he can't beat out Orton. Suprised that no one is biting on Quinn though.

DenBronx
08-14-2011, 04:07 AM

You're spot on about the NT.

Also putting DJ back at his natural position of WLB will go a long way.

I will say that DOOM looked amazing in a 3-4 though.

Canmore
08-14-2011, 04:26 AM
You're spot on about the NT.

Also putting DJ back at his natural position of WLB will go a long way.

I will say that DOOM looked amazing in a 3-4 though.

Williams on the weakside should have never been played with. He was second to Vilma for rookie of the year iirc. Doom had a year for the ages in 2009. I'm hoping for something close. We badly need a pass rush...Miller? We need him to have a good rookie season. Our four defensive tackles have to produce. They must hold the line of scrimmage.

Watchthemiddle
08-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Defensive problems aside...

This Orton led Offense was ranked 19th in the league in scoring at 21.5 ppg.

Having a QB that is stellar in between the 20's, poor on 3rd down conversions, and can only come away with field goals in the red zone does nothing for a depleted defense.

For being a guy who can't play QB in the NFL, the 3 games that Tebow started in that offense avg'd 25/ppg...just sayin

HORSEPOWER 56
08-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Defensive problems aside...

This Orton led Offense was ranked 19th in the league in scoring at 21.5 ppg.

Having a QB that is stellar in between the 20's, poor on 3rd down conversions, and can only come away with field goals in the red zone does nothing for a depleted defense.

For being a guy who can't play QB in the NFL, the 3 games that Tebow started in that offense avg'd 25/ppg...just sayin

I'll go one step further and say that he wasn't "stellar" between the 20s. We had just as many drives start as 3 and outs as not. That is murder to your defense because:

1) it short cycles their time to catch their breath on the sidelines

2) it typically shifts the field position battle in the opposing team's favor. If you're punting from your own 20 and they are getting the ball back around their own 40 all the time, you're also putting your defense in a bad position.

Even if you don't score on every possession, converting on 3rd down and keeping a drive going for at least a couple of minutes is VITAL to being able to win games. If you're going to have to punt, punting from your own 40 and forcing the other team to drive the length of the field is extremely important because if your defense does get the stop, then the offense gets good field position.

Last year, our offense was good for roughly 2 TD and 2 FG drives per game (20 points). If the other team scored more than that, we really had no chance to come back. Typically one of those drives didn't even happen until the final drive of the first half meaning we were playing from behind most of the game.

If Orton wants to have any shot of keeping his job and actually winning games, he really has to get the offense to score TDs early and drive the field. The first drive of the preseason was the perfect example of why we lost games last year. That type of shit must stop. You must find a way to score TDs inside the 10. Winning teams do.

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Everyone is pissing and moaning about the supposed number 1 "BUSTS" of the past two years.

Why they hell were y'all not bitching in years past about all of mikeys day one busts. I've listed them before so won't do it now but IIRC only four during his tenure sucks just as bad if not worse.

Those were done deals and so far all of Joshes are still with the team. Get back to me in two years if they have been cut.

Why Yall do not see the hyproracy is beyond me.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Everyone is pissing and moaning about the supposed number 1 "BUSTS" of the past two years.

Why they hell were y'all not bitching in years past about all of mikeys day one busts. I've listed them before so won't do it now but IIRC only four during his tenure sucks just as bad if not worse.

Those were done deals and so far all of Joshes are still with the team. Get back to me in two years if they have been cut.

Why Yall do not see the hyproracy is beyond me.

Once again, this thread is about Orton and the new team captains... NOT ABOUT SHANAHAN OR MCDANIELS. Stop trying to derail it and stop baiting. The reason you get flamed so often around here is because of this off-topic tripe. Stop. Seriously.

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Glad they didn't. But I don't think quit was ever in him, even at 55-10.

It doesn't matter. You guys defending him really need to stay on one wave length. Leadership affects others. That's what we've been talking about. The guy has a negative impact on others as has been demonstrated on numerous instances. Whether Orton himself quit or not isn't even the issue at hand. Don't try to change the subject just to offer up some lame defense on his behalf.

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Once again, this thread is about Orton and the new team captains... NOT ABOUT SHANAHAN OR MCDANIELS. Stop trying to derail it and stop baiting. The reason you get flamed so often around here is because of this off-topic tripe. Stop. Seriously.

Yet more than one other person in this tread was pissing and moaning about Joshes #1 busts I'd have multi-replied them but is is not an option in the mobile site.

So when others do I rebut them

TXBRONC
08-14-2011, 08:29 AM
I'll go one step further and say that he wasn't "stellar" between the 20s. We had just as many drives start as 3 and outs as not. That is murder to your defense because:

1) it short cycles their time to catch their breath on the sidelines

2) it typically shifts the field position battle in the opposing team's favor. If you're punting from your own 20 and they are getting the ball back around their own 40 all the time, you're also putting your defense in a bad position.

Even if you don't score on every possession, converting on 3rd down and keeping a drive going for at least a couple of minutes is VITAL to being able to win games. If you're going to have to punt, punting from your own 40 and forcing the other team to drive the length of the field is extremely important because if your defense does get the stop, then the offense gets good field position.

Last year, our offense was good for roughly 2 TD and 2 FG drives per game (20 points). If the other team scored more than that, we really had no chance to come back. Typically one of those drives didn't even happen until the final drive of the first half meaning we were playing from behind most of the game.

If Orton wants to have any shot of keeping his job and actually winning games, he really has to get the offense to score TDs early and drive the field. The first drive of the preseason was the perfect example of why we lost games last year. That type of shit must stop. You must find a way to score TDs inside the 10. Winning teams do.

Orton has been in the League now going on seven years. What are the chances that he's now going to get better at converting third downs and converting red zone opportunities. Since his mind set is to play not to make mistakes rather than playing to make plays I don't think it's very likes that those things will get better.

chazoe60
08-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Shanahan coached us to two Lombardis. McMongoloid coached us to the number two pick.

It makes my head hurt tryimg to figure out why someone would worship McDipshit and despise Shanahan. For the love of God man, stoppit.

topscribe
08-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Orton has been in the League now going on seven years. What are the chances that he's now going to get better at converting third downs and converting red zone opportunities. Since his mind set is to play not to make mistakes rather than playing to make plays I don't think it's very likes that those things will get better.

I believe the chances are great, now that they are going to have a running
game and good, pass-catching TEs. Anyone denying that probability is not
interested in discussing Orton objectively . . .

-----

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 09:32 AM

-----

We will be talking about benching Orton by Week 5, and it will probably happen during the Bye week. Orton can't overcome his own inadequacies on the field, his limited arm, lack of mobility, and checkdown mentality on conversion downs is who he is. It's also why Arizona opted to make Kevin Kolb a very rich man and not even want Orton.

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Well, lets say it does get better, what does that mean exactly? Let's say we win a couple of more games in spite of Orton and let's hypothetically say that Orton converts more third downs (since there will be more 3rd and 3s and fewer 3rd an 9s), what exactly does that mean? What does that mean if, in the long run, you know there is going to be a team that can expose Orton for his limitations. Let's say we win more winnable games because of having having a better running game and we happen to make the playoffs. Do you really think Orton's limitations won't be exposed against teams like the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, or Colts? All of those teams can get after the QB.

Do people honestly believe that when push comes to shove and Orton is required to do his share of heavy lifting that he will be able to do it?

Hypothetically, if we were to make the playoffs by winning more winnable games because we have a running game and the defense is improved, people will be on cloud nine. Orton will likely have had a few isolated moments of success during the season. In this scenario, I can see people over-hyping Orton and allocating a lot of BS attributes to him that aren't really true. Do you really believe Orton's not going to turn into a pumpkin at some point?

And that's the problem. Orton is far more likely to be the reason you lose at the highest level than he will be the reason that you win at the highest level. And everyone, save a few, sees this.

pnbronco
08-14-2011, 10:21 AM

Or Champ Bailey???

Last year DJ was a captain and when he got stopped for his DUI he lost it. I think that had a lot to do with him not being voted in at least for this game.

Champ is a great leader in his own way so we could very well see him voted in later on.

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Last year DJ was a captain and when he got stopped for his DUI he lost it. I think that had a lot to do with him not being voted in at least for this game.

Champ is a great leader in his own way so we could very well see him voted in later on.

Yeah, it's nice to know that chasing a ballcarrier while fixing his glove didn't prevent DJ from being voted team captain but the DUI did.

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 10:54 AM

-----

your wasting your time Top, no one here wants logical thought..

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 10:55 AM
We will be talking about benching Orton by Week 5, and it will probably happen during the Bye week. Orton can't overcome his own inadequacies on the field, his limited arm, lack of mobility, and checkdown mentality on conversion downs is who he is. It's also why Arizona opted to make Kevin Kolb a very rich man and not even want Orton.

your talking about benching him now.. or did I miss something?

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah, it's nice to know that chasing a ballcarrier while fixing his glove didn't prevent DJ from being voted team captain but the DUI did.

the team captain is supposed to be a leader someone that the team is modeled on, an example..

does DUI set the example the team wants to project?

Hell he may not even be playing for many games this year..

I'm sure Goodell is backlogged with moron crap like this, it is just a matter of time.. before he gets to this morons DUI

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 11:37 AM
the team captain is supposed to be a leader someone that the team is modeled on, an example..

does DUI set the example the team wants to project?

Hell he may not even be playing for many games this year..

Way to keep up. You're so smart. *sarcasm*

I'm sure Goodell is backlogged with moron crap like this, it is just a matter of time.. before he gets to this morons DUI

It would be better if he did something about moron message board trolls first. And I'm sure everyone is glad to know that you're "sure" about this. I'm sure that means a lot to everyone.

TXBRONC
08-14-2011, 12:09 PM

-----

He's had both of those things in Chicago.
Anyone who whose uses every excuse possible in an attempt to explain away his short comings is not going be objecitve.

PAINTERDAVE
08-14-2011, 12:11 PM
55-10

Yeah.. they scored right away...
then after Orton's pick 6 and then a fumble deep in our end...
Kyle could not do ANYTHING...
which forced our defense to stay on the field the entire time..

That is how a QB throwing in the towel
before the first quarter was over
forces the defense into exhaustion.

Sure it was a BAD defense...
but they never got a chance to regroup..
Kyle could NOT hold the field for any amount of time.

3rd downs and red zone... Kyle is our man!

That game alone makes me want Kyle GONE.

If you remember.. we had a shot at that point.

Kyle had botched the Jacksonville game...
and we had a crappy few more....
but going into this raiders game at home..
if you remember..
we ALL had high hopes that this would be the turning point of the season...
that we were gonna put all the bad play behind us...
that THIS home game against our enemies would be a season changer...

Then Kyle showed us his leadership skills.

Dude threw in the towel before the half.

I will NEVER forgive him.

Bronco Lubitch
08-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi, I'm new here as you can see.

With regard to Orton being named a Captain, here is my thought ----

It's time for him to start ACTING like a Captain, and regardless of whether he is, or is not the starter (and obviously, for the time being, he IS), Orton needs to reach out to younger players (INCLUDING, specifically, Tim Tebow), and start mentoring, being a leader, and offering encouragement the way a "Captain" SHOULD.

This cold, standoff-ish attitude toward Tebow ... statements that he is "100% Certain" that he will be the starter ... don't reflect the humility, leadership, poise and maturity of a Captain ... he needs to "Step it Up" and be a leader

chazoe60
08-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah.. they scored right away...
then after Orton's pick 6 and then a fumble deep in our end...
Kyle could not do ANYTHING...
which forced our defense to stay on the field the entire time..

That is how a QB throwing in the towel
before the first quarter was over
forces the defense into exhaustion.

Sure it was a BAD defense...
but they never got a chance to regroup..
Kyle could NOT hold the field for any amount of time.

3rd downs and red zone... Kyle is our man!

That game alone makes me want Kyle GONE.

If you remember.. we had a shot at that point.

Kyle had botched the Jacksonville game...
and we had a crappy few more....
but going into this raiders game at home..
if you remember..
we ALL had high hopes that this would be the turning point of the season...
that we were gonna put all the bad play behind us...
that THIS home game against our enemies would be a season changer...

Then Kyle showed us his leadership skills.

Dude threw in the towel before the half.

I will NEVER forgive him.

Couldnt agree more Dave. I wasn't thrilled with him being our starter before that game but after it I simply wanted him gone. I never wanted to watch another Bronco game in which he was the starter, still don't.

The Oak coupled with the SF game should have been enough to turn any Bronco fan against him, and for the most part it did. I have never witnessed less fight from a Broncos startimg QB than I saw from Orton in those two games.

Timmy!
08-14-2011, 03:27 PM
No one said they hated the Broncos Timmy, and to insinuate that they do because they dislike a decision, move or addition to the organization they love is hypocritical and unfair, after all...no one absolutely loves everything their favorite teams does over the time that they follow that same said team.

Actually I think your first post in this thread pretty much nailed it. Its becoming a bit annoying to see some posters fly off the handle anytime the word Orton is mentioned. I'd bet 99 percent of us don't want Orton as our qb, but the constant whining about it and blaming the players 4 voting their starting qb captain is just lame. Its just a little tiresome that 75 percent of the threads in broncos talk all become the exact same whining contest about the same thing. Sad part is in the unlikely event the broncos have a winning season there will still be tons of hate. Drives me nuts that a bunch of the fanbase has jaded lover syndrome. But that's just IMHO.

MNPatsFan
08-14-2011, 04:20 PM
No one said they hated the Broncos Timmy, and to insinuate that they do because they dislike a decision, move or addition to the organization they love is hypocritical and unfair, after all...no one absolutely loves everything their favorite teams does over the time that they follow that same said team.Oh, I think WTE absolutely loves everything that the Patriots do!;)

There are a few Raiders fans I have seen post on her periodically who also seem to love everything that the Raiders do - e.g. drafting and playing JaMarcus Russell until he he ate half his teammates and ballooned up to almost 400 pounds

:laugh:

topscribe
08-14-2011, 04:21 PM
He's had both of those things in Chicago.
Anyone who whose uses every excuse possible in an attempt to explain away his short comings is not going be objecitve.

Excuse? Who's using excuses? Kyle did quite well in Chicago for a first- and
second-year player on the field.

You Orton haters are so desperate that you attach the "excuse" label to
just about everything involving Orton, as if it is going to make the facts go
away . . . :laugh:

-----

topscribe
08-14-2011, 04:24 PM
your wasting your time Top, no one here wants logical thought..

You got that right . . . :sad:

-----

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 04:43 PM

-----

His QB rating was awful his first year and he didn't even play in his second year. Stop making stuff up just to prop up your arguments. And stop accusing others of something you're doing yourself. And by that, I mean being so desperate that you'll make stuff up.

It's one thing to like Kyle Orton but don't be a liar or a hypocrite.

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 04:46 PM

-----

Since when is a 59 rating, 9 TDs, and a 50% completion percentage "good" by NFL standards? Orton's garbage play kept the Bears from winning homefield advantage that season, a REAL QB could have won 3 or 4 more games for that team, that was outstanding.

Orton was the weakness hence he got benched for Grossman, who subsequently guided them to a Super Bowl.

Orton is Captain Mediocre, and he will be gone soon! In the meantime we get the displeasure of watching his suck for a while longer. :laugh:

topscribe
08-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Since when is a 59 rating, 9 TDs, and a 50% completion percentage "good" by NFL standards? Orton's garbage play kept the Bears from winning homefield advantage that season, a REAL QB could have won 3 or 4 more games for that team, that was outstanding.

Orton was the weakness hence he got benched for Grossman, who subsequently guided them to a Super Bowl.

Orton is Captain Mediocre, and he will be gone soon! In the meantime we get the displeasure of watching his suck for a while longer. :laugh:

That's it. Take his rookie year and use that against him.

You are making my point more with each post . . .

-----

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 04:50 PM

-----

You said he played "quite well" for a 1st and 2nd year player...

Well, he SUCKED his first year, hands down the WORST starting QB in the NFL. His 2nd year he watched from the bench and didn't see action because he was in fact, as usual, BENCHED.

So in essence, your post is 100% nonsense and it isn't difficult to discredit.

topscribe
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
You said he played "quite well" for a 1st and 2nd year player...

Well, he SUCKED his first year, hands down the WORST starting QB in the NFL. His 2nd year he watched from the bench and didn't see action because he was in fact, as usual, BENCHED.

So in essence, your post is 100% nonsense and it isn't difficult to discredit.

Learn how to read. Then come back and try again.

It might make more sense at that time . . .

-----

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Learn how to read. Then come back and try again.

It might make more sense at that time . . .

-----

Ahhhh, so you are sayng a 4th year player, who finally sees his 2nd stint of action, and posts a 79 rating, while preventing his team from going to the playoffs because of his own selfish agenda is a GOOD season?

Come on...

Nice try but you simply are not credible.

shank
08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
You got that right . . . :sad:

-----

i feel like being logical.

i've got a quarterback who in 3 games went:

40/81 for 651 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INts, and a QBR of 82.7 and a 1-2 record.

and i've got a quarterback who in 3 games went:

62/110 for 630 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, and a QBR of 61.3 and a 0-3 record.

it doesn't take me long to figure out which one i think gives me the best chance to win.

(tebow's 1st 3 career starts vs. 6 year veteran kyle orton's 3 most recent starts)

p.s. cause i was curious, orton's first 3 starts as a rookie: 46/88 for 440, 1 TD, 6 INT, 3 fumbles, 56.9 QBR

topscribe
08-14-2011, 05:13 PM

it doesn't take me long to figure out which one i think gives me the best chance to win.

(tebow's 1st 3 career starts vs. 6 year veteran kyle orton's 3 most recent starts)

p.s. cause i was curious, orton's first 3 starts as a rookie: 46/88 for 440, 1 TD, 6 INT, 3 fumbles, 56.9 QBR

Okay, thanks.

So . . . when were you planning to be logical?

-----

topscribe
08-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Ahhhh, so you are sayng a 4th year player, who finally sees his 2nd stint of action, and posts a 79 rating, while preventing his team from going to the playoffs because of his own selfish agenda is a GOOD season?

Come on...

Nice try but you simply are not credible.

Credible? :pound:

Anyone who wants the team to lose this year is not credible to me.

Something to which you have already admitted . . . :coffee:

-----

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Credible? :pound:

Anyone who wants the team to lose this year is not credible to me.

Something to which you have already admitted . . . :coffee:

-----

It doesn't matter what I think, we're going to lose regardless because we are so flawed at the position that matters most, QB. Orton's going to do a lot more to draft Luck than I could.

topscribe
08-14-2011, 05:20 PM
It doesn't matter what I think

:coffee:

-----

shank
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Okay, thanks.

-----

what in the name of old guys on internet forums are you talking about?

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Okay, thanks.

-----

Don't worry. He's quickly marginalizing himself. He's quickly becoming another Dronestar.

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 05:25 PM
what in the name of old guys on internet forums are you talking about?

"old guys"...it's kind of funny you mention that because his comeback was straight out of the sandbox. His comment was on par with "I know you are but what am I". Kind of ironic.

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Take his rookie year and use that against him.

Isn't that precisely what some people are doing with Tebow? :confused: Why can't it be applied to Orton? :confused: Furthermore, what difference does it make if it was his rookie year or not? We criticised Cutler for his rookie year. You either perform (Roethlisberger) as a rookie or you don't (Redman et al).

The reality of the Orton Tebow argument is this: people want to focus on Tebow's flaws while ignoring what he does right; but when speaking about Orton, want to focus only on the few things he does right (garbage time) but gloss over his GLARING deficiencies (3rd, RZ, TOP, etc...)

TXBRONC
08-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Excuse? Who's using excuses?
-----

Thou art the man.

I don't hate him all I just don't think he's nearly as good as you think he his nor do I make excuses every time he plays poorly.

TXBRONC
08-14-2011, 05:42 PM

-----

You just told he did well for a first and second year player. That just wasn't the case.

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Isn't that precisely what some people are doing with Tebow? :confused: Why can't it be applied to Orton? :confused: Furthermore, what difference does it make if it was his rookie year or not? We criticised Cutler for his rookie year. You either perform (Roethlisberger) as a rookie or you don't (Redman et al).

The reality of the Orton Tebow argument is this: people want to focus on Tebow's flaws while ignoring what he does right; but when speaking about Orton, want to focus only on the few things he does right (garbage time) but gloss over his GLARING deficiencies (3rd, RZ, TOP, etc...)

Yes you can, but I feel compelled to point out that he introduced Orton's first year in Chicago by referring to it as a year where he played well...and now he's saying that you shouldn't hold it against him.

Medford Bronco
08-14-2011, 06:35 PM
And while I agree I would like to see our roster cleaned, where do we begin? Orton is obvious the best quarterback we have in regards to the in's and out's of the position, game management, mechanics of the position - that doesn't mean I like him or want him to be here beyond this season, but we have to sometimes see it from the players' and coaches' eyes. They feel that winning will win over the fans, they may not realize the level of contempt that we have because of the past and that winning is not enough...because let's face it, it isn't...what we want, what we all want is to be a dominant force once more.

What is the best that Orton can do 9-7? Big deal. I would rather go 6-10 again this year if it helps us to get back to 11-12 wins by 2012-13.

He is prob the 16th best QB in the NFL. Very mediocre. There are worse but there are much better as well. We know nothing about Tebow. I would give him a shot and see what happens then if they are not happy with him then draft a QB in next years draft.

topscribe
08-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Thou art the man.

I don't hate him all I just don't think he's nearly as good as you think he his nor do I make excuses every time he plays poorly.

Nor do I. So please stop the implications.

And I do believe you hate him, as a player, of course. I don't believe you hate
him as a person (although I believe there are several here who do).

-----

topscribe
08-14-2011, 09:06 PM
You just told he did well for a first and second year player. That just wasn't the case.

That just was the case. He did well for what was given him. I have the
research on him. A lot of it.

-----

I Eat Staples
08-14-2011, 09:10 PM
I was hoping we would go after Gruden. I think he has a man crush on Tebow.

Or at least someone that wanted to develop him. Elway doesnt seem so high on him but has since back off with the "raw" comments. Maybe he doesnt want to deal with the backlash from the fans?

I'm really glad we didn't let Tebow effect who we hired. Why would you hire someone to develop a bad player we should have never even drafted?

Lonestar
08-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi, I'm new here as you can see.

With regard to Orton being named a Captain, here is my thought ----

It's time for him to start ACTING like a Captain, and regardless of whether he is, or is not the starter (and obviously, for the time being, he IS), Orton needs to reach out to younger players (INCLUDING, specifically, Tim Tebow), and start mentoring, being a leader, and offering encouragement the way a "Captain" SHOULD.

This cold, standoff-ish attitude toward Tebow ... statements that he is "100% Certain" that he will be the starter ... don't reflect the humility, leadership, poise and maturity of a Captain ... he needs to "Step it Up" and be a leader

Why does being confident in oneself is now a crime.. HE knows he is the best in the locker room and so do the coaches..

If he said anything different just perhaps the coaches WHO make these decision might think he was a wuss.

Some folks lead by rah rah some do not.

How about we stow this crap until the regular season starts and IF his teammates vote him a captain AGAIN, then respect their wishes..

Quit whining about it..

Ravage!!!
08-14-2011, 09:47 PM

-----

You h ave an OPINION on what you've found, a LOT of it. Just as you have an OPINION that the problems revolve around "injuries" instead of his poor play. Thats not "research".. thats just an accumulation of information that you have convinced yourself are facts and "reasons" for his poor play.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Excuse? Who's using excuses?

-----

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

compucomp
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM

You mean like getting rid of Tim Tebow, the player on this roster who is truly McDaniels's guy, and who may be trying out at this point to play tight end if not for McDaniels?

TXBRONC
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM

-----

Then either your research is flawed or your interpretation is. What Orton did as rookie stunk. Rookie or not 1800 yards in 15 games and 9 touchdown passes in the same amount of games is terrible.

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 09:58 PM
You mean like getting rid of Tim Tebow, the player on this roster who is truly McDaniels's guy, and who may be trying out at this point to play tight end if not for McDaniels?

If this didn't end when McDaniels called the idea of playing Tebow ridiculous, it most certainly ended when Tebow entered the lineup and the offense was better with Tebow. It's too bad McDaniels called the idea of playing the one guy who might have helped save his job ridiculous. It may or may not have been McDaniels draft pick but Tebow stopped being "his guy". Instead, McDaniels pinned his hopes on Orton. Where does the irony end?

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Then either your research is flawed or your interpretation is. What Orton did as rookie stunk. Rookie or not 1800 yards in 15 games and 9 touchdown passes in the same amount of games is terrible.

Are you seriously suggesting that his "trust me, I have research on him" rebuttal isn't good enough?

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 10:20 PM
What is the best that Orton can do 9-7? Big deal. I would rather go 6-10 again this year if it helps us to get back to 11-12 wins by 2012-13.

He is prob the 16th best QB in the NFL. Very mediocre. There are worse but there are much better as well. We know nothing about Tebow. I would give him a shot and see what happens then if they are not happy with him then draft a QB in next years draft.

This is kind how I feel. I'd rather go 6-10 with Orton then start over fresh with Luck. I don't think that even if we drafted a top QB like Luck or Barkley that we would even have a shot at the AFCW for years.

This whole "Suck for Luck" attitude is a losers way out. It's like committing suicide to end your life. Essentially when you do something like that you are committing football suicide. Andrew Luck should go to a team that really needs him.

Orton is kind of a mediocre QB. That's okay. Fox can work around that. I support Orton but I feel he still kind of sucks. Supporting a player doesn't mean I have to think he is uber awesome or whatnot. I realize his many faults.

topscribe
08-14-2011, 10:28 PM

You don't seem to read well. I said Orton did well for what was given him.

I know what was given him. Stop acting as if you know more than I. You likely
have not done the fraction of research on him as I have. I have gone into it in
depth, while you have continued with your one-liners and saluted any post
that contradicts what I am saying.

This is it for this discussion with you.

-----

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 10:31 PM

have not done the fraction of research on him as I have.

-----

In all your research did you find out how well he's done in the red zone? Honestly Top, I support KO8 but I feel you have your orange-colored glasses on here about the Neckbeard.

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 10:46 PM

have not done the fraction of research on him as I have. I have gone into it in
depth, while you have continued with your one-liners and saluted any post
that contradicts what I am saying.

This is it for this discussion with you.

-----

SO, Top, what was "given him" that justifies his 59 QB rating? What was "given him" in 2008 when his pitiful play down the stretch kept his team out of the playoffs?

Dont pull the injury card either, if he was hurt and it impacted his play he should have had the CHARACTER to let the backup play and get the team into the playoffs, he did not.

So I ask again, what was "given him" that justifies his pitiful record in the redzone and on 3rd down for his career?

NorCalBronco7
08-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Its sad Orton gets the rap he does from our fans when its obvious the coaches and most importantly, his teamates, respect him. Congrats Kyle and gl this season.

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Its sad Orton gets the rap he does from our fans when its obvious the coaches and most importantly, his teamates, respect him. Congrats Kyle and gl this season.

In the NFL respect is earned not given. As a Denver Bronco Kyle Orton has done nothing to earn respect in my opinion. Granted I still like him as a Broncos player but I think he needs to step up his game. When the Broncos win the AFCW then maybe he can do some talking.

NorCalBronco7
08-14-2011, 11:14 PM
In the NFL respect is earned not given. As a Denver Bronco Kyle Orton has done nothing to earn respect in my opinion. Granted I still like him as a Broncos player but I think he needs to step up his game. When the Broncos win the AFCW then maybe he can do some talking.

As a fan, sure, I could understand that. But we dont call the shots. Theres a large gap in how fans and teamates/coaches view Kyle. I understand the criticism of Kyles play, but as far as being professional is concerned, I think Orton done his best.

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 11:19 PM
As a fan, sure, I could understand that. But we dont call the shots. Theres a large gap in how fans and teamates/coaches view Kyle. I understand the criticism of Kyles play, but as far as being professional is concerned, I think Orton done his best.

Yah that's for sure. I do applaud him on that. Enduring Mcdumbnuts, the whole debacle of the Chicago trade to Denver.... I kind of feel for the guy. Personally though I want him out of Denver and I think he'd do great in Miami.

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 11:28 PM

No sympathy for Kyle... He talks a big game about himself and his play doesn't back it up. He had a chance to be traded to a place and fanbase that might want him and he opted not to go because of money and the opportunity for free agency next year.

He gets exactly what he deserves this year and when the fans start booing it will be because he isn't getting the job done and they want someone who will. The coaches had no choice but to start him, he's got all the experience and has worked with the starters, but you can rest assured they wanted to avoid all this by trading him in the first place, which they tried to do, which he wouldn't allow to happen.

Orton will fail, the fans will boo, the team will lose, and no one should have sympathy for him, it's of his own doing.

NorCalBronco7
08-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Yah that's for sure. I do applaud him on that. Enduring Mcdumbnuts, the whole debacle of the Chicago trade to Denver.... I kind of feel for the guy. Personally though I want him out of Denver and I think he'd do great in Miami.

I wont care either if Ortons gone. But if hes the Broncos best QB, I want him to start.

broncoFan!
08-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I wont care either if Ortons gone. But if hes the Broncos best QB, I want him to start.

If he's the best we have he needs to be starting.

bcbronc
08-14-2011, 11:31 PM
If this didn't end when McDaniels called the idea of playing Tebow ridiculous, it most certainly ended when Tebow entered the lineup and the offense was better with Tebow. It's too bad McDaniels called the idea of playing the one guy who might have helped save his job ridiculous. It may or may not have been McDaniels draft pick but Tebow stopped being "his guy". Instead, McDaniels pinned his hopes on Orton. Where does the irony end?

For reelz dude? You can't grasp the concept of a smokescreen? Whem a reporter asked McDaniels if he had a Tebow package you would have maybe preferred McD ot say "sure do!" Then draw it up right in front of the TV cams and maybe then fax the entire Tebow package to every news outlet and DC in the league? Sheesh, I know this whole Tebow-Orton-McDaniels love triangle has turned these forums into Stupidville, but don't be afraid to THINK people.

NorCalBronco7
08-14-2011, 11:32 PM
No sympathy for Kyle... He talks a big game about himself and his play doesn't back it up. He had a chance to be traded to a place and fanbase that might want him and he opted not to go because of money and the opportunity for free agency next year.

He gets exactly what he deserves this year and when the fans start booing it will be because he isn't getting the job done and they want someone who will. The coaches had no choice but to start him, he's got all the experience and has worked with the starters, but you can rest assured they wanted to avoid all this by trading him in the first place, which they tried to do, which he wouldn't allow to happen.

Orton will fail, the fans will boo, the team will lose, and no one should have sympathy for him, it's of his own doing.

You act like the Broncos have better options at QB. I understand you dont like Orton. Im not big on him either. But if he gives them the best chance to win this year, then I want the best players to start.

BroncoStud
08-14-2011, 11:34 PM
You act like the Broncos have better options at QB. I understand you dont like Orton. Im not big on him either. But if he gives them the best chance to win this year, then I want the best players to start.

Is he the best? He's certainly the most experience, certainly the most limited physically, but no one can say he is the best because we haven't seen much of the other guys, and what we have seen looks promising.

NorCalBronco7
08-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Is he the best? He's certainly the most experience, certainly the most limited physically, but no one can say he is the best because we haven't seen much of the other guys, and what we have seen looks promising.

Best chance. Sure, theres a chance Tebow is simply a better player, but what are the chances hes the best? To the Broncos, its clear which guy it is.

Id say theres a 40% chance Tebow wins more games than Orton.

BroncoStud
08-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Best chance. Sure, theres a chance Tebow is simply a better player, but what are the chances hes the best? To the Broncos, its clear which guy it is.

Id say theres a 40% chance Tebow wins more games than Orton.

Where are you getting that number from?

Canmore
08-15-2011, 12:01 AM

I'm kind of curious.

NorCalBronco7
08-15-2011, 12:11 AM

LOL my head. just my opinion.

Canmore
08-15-2011, 12:13 AM
LOL my head. just my opinion.

Lol, I thought you pulled it from somewhere else. :laugh:

NorCalBronco7
08-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Lol, I thought you pulled it from somewhere else. :laugh:

Vegas odds maybe.....:lol:

Seriously just my guess.

topscribe
08-15-2011, 12:24 AM
In all your research did you find out how well he's done in the red zone? Honestly Top, I support KO8 but I feel you have your orange-colored glasses on here about the Neckbeard.

I have criticized Orton many times for his need to improve in the RZ.

Honestly, I think you need to read, you and any baffoons who would salute your post . . .

-----

Canmore
08-15-2011, 12:30 AM
I have criticized Orton many times for his need to improve in the RZ.

Honestly, I think you need to read, you and any baffoons who would salute your post . . .

-----

Kyles third downs, redzone and game on the line stats are well documented. If we are going to be competitive they need to improve dramatically. Will there be a defense and running game to help him out this year? I'd like to think we are going to be improved in those areas. The rest is up to Kyle.

topscribe
08-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Kyles third downs, redzone and game on the line stats are well documented. If we are going to be competitive they need to improve dramatically. Will there be a defense and running game to help him out this year? I'd like to think we are going to be improved in those areas. The rest is up to Kyle.

Thank you. My thoughts precisely, and what I've been saying all along. (You just
said it more eloquently.) Those who have been accusing me of saying differently
either are severely deficient in reading comprehension or are just plain dishonest
. . . or both.

-----

RedFalcon
08-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Probably Orton thanks God for the fact that fans don't make choices, otherwise he wouldn't be team captain!

Canmore
08-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Probably Orton thanks God for the fact that fans don't make choices, otherwise he wouldn't be team captain!

Kyle made it pretty clear that he really doesn't care what the fans think. He already knows, and the chances that he puts up a season that brings the fans around is probably pretty slim. We are simply not a good enough football team. Kyle can have a monster year and the fans will probably not warm up to him.

RedFalcon
08-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Well, I personally kind of hate him. Fans matter. But if Kyle can play with fans constantly booing him ( which I hope will happen every home game, no matter how he performs ), than that's fine with me. That's why I said it, thank God fans don't make that choice. Orton would have been long gone.

Canmore
08-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Well, I personally kind of hate him. Fans matter. But if Kyle can play with fans constantly booing him ( which I hope will happen every home game, no matter how he performs ), than that's fine with me. That's why I said it, thank God fans don't make that choice. Orton would have been long gone.

Fans matter. We are paying the bill! Personally, I think Kyle's statement shows an immature arrogance that I find highly distasteful. He certainly is not trying to warm the fans up to him.

bcbronc
08-15-2011, 03:15 AM

so if Orton puts up 300 yards and 3 TDs and snot-kicks SD you still want him booed?

seriously, wtf is going on with this fanbase? You people that would boo the QB of your favourite team "no matter how he performs" make my head hurt. :mad:

I boo you, RedFalcon, and I don't care how you post in the future. Same with Lancane...boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Canmore
08-15-2011, 03:20 AM
so if Orton puts up 300 yards and 3 TDs and snot-kicks SD you still want him booed?

seriously, wtf is going on with this fanbase? You people that would boo the QB of your favourite team "no matter how he performs" make my head hurt. :mad:

I boo you, RedFalcon, and I don't care how you post in the future. Same with Lancane...boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

If Orton puts up those kind of numbers on Monday night against the Raiders I will be thrilled. Don't think it will win back the fan base unless he can do that every week. Snot kicking Rivers would be gravy.

RedFalcon
08-15-2011, 03:26 AM

If we win the game, no.
If we lose, Orton can throw for 400 yards/ game, I couldn't care less. It won't happen anyway, but I'll blame him. To quote Herm Edwards, " you play to win the game". Orton don't mind if we win or lose. He just want to play good so he can rise his stakes when next season comes.

Listen, I'll never forget his attitude during the game in Arizona last season. For that, for the way he behaved, he showed he doesn't care about this team, he's a selfish ******* and I'll boo him every incomplete pass, every 3rd down missed, every interception thrown, every fumble made, every play missed.

bcbronc
08-15-2011, 03:35 AM
If we win the game, no.
If we lose, Orton can throw for 400 yards/ game, I couldn't care less. It won't happen anyway, but I'll blame him. To quote Herm Edwards, " you play to win the game". Orton don't mind if we win or lose. He just want to play good so he can rise his stakes when next season comes.

Listen, I'll never forget his attitude during the game in Arizona last season. For that, for the way he behaved, he showed he doesn't care about this team, he's a selfish ******* and I'll boo him every incomplete pass, every 3rd down missed, every interception thrown, every fumble made, every play missed.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedFalcon
08-15-2011, 03:42 AM
You can boo me every post I write, all day and all night. Until Orton proves he cares about the DENVER BRONCOS and not his selfishness , I don't care about him. He's zero to me.
I'd rather have Tebow or Quinn playing than Orton. And I'm sure the team would be better with either of them.

Lancane
08-15-2011, 04:12 AM

What the hell am I getting your wrath for, because I agreed that the fans matter? That I have a high disdain for Orton and don't believe he can do enough to win the fanbase no matter what?

And who the F' are you to tell fans they can or can not boo? If that's what they want to do, well more power to em', people booed Jake Plummer, same with Shanahan, McDaniels, Marshall, Cutler and the list goes on. If Falcon wants to boo to show his feelings about something or other so be it. Do you really believe that by trying to police a message board for those with a high dislike of anyone is going to stop it? Hell, you could beg people not to boo and they'd probably only boo louder then before, people don't like being told what to do...just like people don't like getting guff over their opinions.

I just happened to like when he said the fans matter, and agreed about disliking Orton...sheesh.

BroncoStud
08-15-2011, 09:09 AM

59-14. 35-14. The last time he played the Chargers they ate his lunch and he gave up, just like he did against the Raiders. In fact, Tim Tebow kept Denver much more competitive against BOTH divisional opponents than Orton did.

Juriga72
08-15-2011, 09:29 AM
59-14. 35-14. The last time he played the Chargers they ate his lunch and he gave up, just like he did against the Raiders. In fact, Tim Tebow kept Denver much more competitive against BOTH divisional opponents than Orton did.

Hmmmmm Isn't THIS^ one reason pointed out by Orton fans as to "Why Jay Cutler sucks" over and over...

"Phillip Rivers OWNS him"...

Hmmm I guess then.... that since Kyle has been eaten TWICE as bad as Cutler wait... I know..."HOW can you win when you have to score 30 points every game"!!!!

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Tebow is still a losing QB with a losing record in the NFL.

claymore
08-15-2011, 09:56 AM

All 3 of our QB's are losers. :laugh:

Lonestar
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
For reelz dude? You can't grasp the concept of a smokescreen? Whem a reporter asked McDaniels if he had a Tebow package you would have maybe preferred McD ot say "sure do!" Then draw it up right in front of the TV cams and maybe then fax the entire Tebow package to every news outlet and DC in the league? Sheesh, I know this whole Tebow-Orton-McDaniels love triangle has turned these forums into Stupidville, but don't be afraid to THINK people.

Glad you said it so I did not have to.

To much passion about Favs and not been much logic.

RedFalcon
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM

So...is Orton a winner with the Broncos? :confused:

TXBRONC
08-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Are you seriously suggesting that his "trust me, I have research on him" rebuttal isn't good enough?

Well it's like saying "I from the government I here to help." :laugh:

J/K

shank
08-15-2011, 10:39 AM
So...is Orton a winner with the Broncos? :confused:

kyle has done a whole 5% better at winning football games as a bronco than tebow! he is clearly the better option at qb.

Lonestar
08-15-2011, 10:55 AM

It is beyond me that someone does not support players on the team, because their panties are in a wad..

I'm sure that none of these"fans" have ever had an immature moment in their life..

They are all perfect people and have been above board in EVERY dealing that has happened to them..

In case this guy sand everyone else that hates him has not noticed Ortons job is to QB this team, not play wet nurse to a raw rookie. That is purely optional.

His comments about it show that he is focused on doing that job and is confident in himself..

As for it being a contract year technically every year is a contract year..

Personally I hope he knocks it out of the park this year, because that means we win more games and then he can ride off into the sunset and laugh all the way about the petty fans in DEN..

HE WILL NOT be the first one to comment on it..

Lonestar
08-15-2011, 10:57 AM

Guess if the fans voted that would then be tebow, the guy holding a clip board all year Yep that make sense when the refs have something to talk to the captain about they call him off the bench.

Think about it..

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 11:00 AM
kyle has done a whole 5% better at winning football games as a bronco than tebow! he is clearly the better option at qb.

He did win 6 in a row his first year, when he started for us. Almost took us to the playoffs. The defense fell off the map. Every since the team averaged 30 points a game given up by the defense, the fans seem to think that its Kyle Ortons fault because the defense is so bad.

Orton had 6 games of 300 yards in the air or more last year. Guys like Matt Ryan,Mark Sanchaz don't have that in his career and combined.

shank
08-15-2011, 11:28 AM
He did win 6 in a row his first year, when he started for us. Almost took us to the playoffs. The defense fell off the map. Every since the team averaged 30 points a game given up by the defense, the fans seem to think that its Kyle Ortons fault because the defense is so bad.

Orton had 6 games of 300 yards in the air or more last year. Guys like Matt Ryan,Mark Sanchaz don't have that in his career and combined.

our orton led offense only scored 22 points a game in those first 6 games. the defense (that fell off the map) only gave up an average of 11 points a game in those first 6.

the rest of the 09 season, orton's offense averaged only 19.3 points per game, while the defense gave up an average of 25.8.

in both the wins and losses, ortons offense struggled to score. orton had nothing to do with those 6 initial wins, those were all mike nolan.

we were 2-4 in those 6 games. those are garbage stats brought to you by a losing record and an offensive system that did the same thing for orton's stats as buff does to his girlfriend: inflates them.

BroncoStud
08-15-2011, 11:30 AM

You mean when he threw that GREAT pass in the last seconds of the game to Stokley against the Bengals, after putting up an amazing 6 points for 59 minutes?

Orton sucks.

NightTerror218
08-15-2011, 11:34 AM

I dont boo my team....maybe if I was at last years Raiders game I would have but that is an exception. But that would be to show my dislike for everything.

If Orton could fix his crap and a prolific on 3rd down and in the redzone sure he should stay. But the fact that he went 0-3 from the 1. And chokes in the red zone, I just dont want him as QB. I would rather move on and see what Tebow can do since he is yet to been given a chance to show how he can manage an offense. If Tebow doesnt work out we have Quinn and can draft a new QB to sit behind Quinn till he is ready.

Of those 300 yrds and 3 tds, any of them in the redzone?

NightTerror218
08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
You mean when he threw that GREAT pass in the last seconds of the game to Stokley against the Bengals, after putting up an amazing 6 points for 59 minutes?

Orton sucks.

Or the fact that Orton became so predictable that he barely could move the ball down the field. the ravens learned his nitch and exploited it and every other team go the film of how to do it after that game.

zbeg
08-15-2011, 11:37 AM

Orton sucks.

So when the Broncos win, it's because the rest of the team stepped up. But when the Broncos lose with their horrible, horrible defense and their nonexistent running game, it's Orton's fault.

Yeah, there's no double standard here.

Lonestar
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Fans matter. We are paying the bill! Personally, I think Kyle's statement shows an immature arrogance that I find highly distasteful. He certainly is not trying to warm the fans up to him.

He is merely stating the priority of selecting those that help hIm to his goals. as The first ones to prioritize. Fans do nothing to further that goal at this point but his teammates and coaches do.

Not so hard a concept to grasp.

Lonestar
08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
So when the Broncos win, it's because the rest of the team stepped up. But when the Broncos lose with their horrible, horrible defense and their nonexistent running game, it's Orton's fault.

He has stated he loved jay and dislikes Orton why bother. His mind is made up regardless of the facts.

BroncoStud
08-15-2011, 11:44 AM

Not all the time. The Bengals game would have been a loss if not for Brandon Stokley and a LOT of luck.

Orton played great against KC last year the first time, but lost Denver the game the 2nd time, and it looks more and more like McDaniels was cheating to win that first one.

I thought Orton played well against St. Louis last year but couldn't get it done when it mattered. Same with the JETS game. He played OK against Tennessee, horribly against the Raiders and Chargers, horrible against the Ravens, bad against Jacksonville when it mattered...

That's what I'm saying, Orton has good games and he's a GOOD frontrunner, but when he HAS to make a play he struggles, and Denver could EASILY upgrade his position. There ARE games that his play directly led to the loss of the game, there ARE games where the defense lost the game, there ARE games where it was a combination of the 2. Still, only losers need to make excuses and real competitors take each win and loss as their own.

He's a system-QB and lacks the skills to be elite. I think after 7 years that's pretty damn obvious.

Juriga72
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
So when the Broncos win, it's because the rest of the team stepped up. But when the Broncos lose with their horrible, horrible defense and their nonexistent running game, it's Cutler's fault.

See your answers for 2008.....:coffee:

Juriga72
08-15-2011, 11:59 AM
He is merely stating the priority of selecting those that help hIm to his goals. as The first ones to prioritize. Fans do nothing to further that goal at this point but his teammates and coaches do.

Unless its Jay Cutler were talking about ...THEN he singlehandly lost every game right?

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I dont boo my team....maybe if I was at last years Raiders game I would have but that is an exception. But that would be to show my dislike for everything.

If Orton could fix his crap and a prolific on 3rd down and in the redzone sure he should stay. But the fact that he went 0-3 from the 1. And chokes in the red zone, I just dont want him as QB. I would rather move on and see what Tebow can do since he is yet to been given a chance to show how he can manage an offense. If Tebow doesnt work out we have Quinn and can draft a new QB to sit behind Quinn till he is ready.

Of those 300 yrds and 3 tds, any of them in the redzone?

The Broncos were 13th in the league in RedZone TD Percentage. Better then some playoff teams like Philly. Would you say that, Mike Vick is also a choke artist in the Redzone, because he was worse then Kyle Orton??

So maybe Philly fans are saying the same thing. They need to get rid of Vick, because he is aweful in the redzone. Or maybe they need to get rid of Mark Sanchaz in New York, because he was 15% worse then the Broncos last year at 40% and some of the worse in the league.

claymore
08-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Ortons 3rd down % is what pisses me off more than anything. I think we can improve upon that with better playcalling and a respectable running game.

Maybe if we can tire a defense out, our red zone % will go up as well.

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Ortons 3rd down % is what pisses me off more than anything. I think we can improve upon that with better playcalling and a respectable running game.

Maybe if we can tire a defense out, our red zone % will go up as well.

That 3rd down % comes from a bad run game on the road.

The Broncos were 9th in the league last year at home on 3rd down percentage. But because the Broncos could only stir up a 100 yard game from any Running Back the past 2 seasons in only 2 games. The play calling was limited, because of the non talent running the ball. Infact, Orton was a leading rusher and passer in one of his wins last season.

I hope we get a good running game, that use to be our identity, and i hope we get back to it.

The team needs to improve on the road, and the numbers will balance out.

Agent of Orange
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Unless its Jay Cutler were talking about ...THEN he singlehandly lost every game right?

Cutler actually had his moments where winning close games was concerned. Does anyone remember the final drive of the Buffalo game that led to Elam's fire drill FG at the end to win. Orton's never done anything close to that.

Agent of Orange
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM

The Broncos were 9th in the league last year at home on 3rd down percentage. But because the Broncos could only stir up a 100 yard game from any Running Back the past 2 seasons. The play calling was limited, because of the non talent running the ball. Infact, Orton was a leading rusher and passer in one of his wins last season.

I hope we get a good running game, that use to be our identity, and i hope we get back to it.

Yet another black mark for McDaniels. Of all the things he ****** up, this might be the worst. It's kind of weird how almost everything that he tried to do differently than Shanahan backfired. So pathetic.

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Cutler actually had his moments where winning close games was concerned. Does anyone remember the final drive of the Buffalo game that led to Elam's fire drill FG at the end to win. Orton's never done anything close to that.

Kyle Orton's offense was better then Cutlers last season. Teams like Tampa Bay, Seattle, Chicago, Minnisota were all worse then the Broncos last year.

What hurt us was giving up 411 yards a game at home.

Agent of Orange
08-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Not all the time. The Bengals game would have been a loss if not for Brandon Stokley and a LOT of luck.

Orton played great against KC last year the first time, but lost Denver the game the 2nd time, and it looks more and more like McDaniels was cheating to win that first one.

I thought Orton played well against St. Louis last year but couldn't get it done when it mattered. Same with the JETS game. He played OK against Tennessee, horribly against the Raiders and Chargers, horrible against the Ravens, bad against Jacksonville when it mattered...

That's what I'm saying, Orton has good games and he's a GOOD frontrunner, but when he HAS to make a play he struggles, and Denver could EASILY upgrade his position. There ARE games that his play directly led to the loss of the game, there ARE games where the defense lost the game, there ARE games where it was a combination of the 2. Still, only losers need to make excuses and real competitors take each win and loss as their own.

He's a system-QB and lacks the skills to be elite. I think after 7 years that's pretty damn obvious.

Come on! Don't BS us! Orton knew that ball would bounce off the defenders hand and into Stokely's arms.

Agent of Orange
08-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Kyle Orton's offense was better then Cutlers last season. Teams like Tampa Bay, Seattle, Chicago, Minnisota were all worse then the Broncos last year.

No it wasn't. Stop the lying.

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 12:55 PM
No it wasn't. Stop the lying.

411 yards a game we gave up at home?? The League leaders were only giving up 240 yards a game.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stat/total-defense-category

check out the leagues worse defense. Us.. The Broncos :defense:

BroncoStud
08-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Total crap.

Cutler ran a BETTER offense with the same bad defense, and won MORE games, and had a BETTER conversion percentage. There is no comparison.

HammeredOut
08-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Total crap.

Cutler ran a BETTER offense with the same bad defense, and won MORE games, and had a BETTER conversion percentage. There is no comparison.

Don't shoot the messenger.

The Broncos had a higher ranked Offense then the Bears. Thats a stat, a fact, and the truth.

You are right, that the Bears had a better conversion percentage.. 33.19% compared to the Broncos 32.37%. The Bears were 0.82 percent better or close to 1 percent at convertion percentage.. Im assuming 3rd down you are talking about.

topscribe
08-15-2011, 01:27 PM
You can boo me every post I write, all day and all night. Until Orton proves he cares about the DENVER BRONCOS and not his selfishness , I don't care about him. He's zero to me.
I'd rather have Tebow or Quinn playing than Orton. And I'm sure the team would be better with either of them.

Which is exactly why Kyle (and I) are glad the fans do not make the decisions . . .

-----

Canmore
08-15-2011, 01:36 PM

We will sisagree on this point. I feel it is foolish and arrogant to dis the fans. :tsk: In no way is that helpful in realizing his goals which appear way to personal for my liking. This is a team sport, be a team player.

NightTerror218
08-15-2011, 01:43 PM
The Broncos were 13th in the league in RedZone TD Percentage. Better then some playoff teams like Philly. Would you say that, Mike Vick is also a choke artist in the Redzone, because he was worse then Kyle Orton??

So maybe Philly fans are saying the same thing. They need to get rid of Vick, because he is aweful in the redzone. Or maybe they need to get rid of Mark Sanchaz in New York, because he was 15% worse then the Broncos last year at 40% and some of the worse in the league.

We may have a better percentage because Tebow stored how many during the season? Almost every single one of his scores we from within the redzone, 1 40 yrd rush was out and I dont know how many long passes 1 I can think of against Oakland.

NightTerror218
08-15-2011, 01:46 PM

The Broncos were 9th in the league last year at home on 3rd down percentage. But because the Broncos could only stir up a 100 yard game from any Running Back the past 2 seasons in only 2 games. The play calling was limited, because of the non talent running the ball. Infact, Orton was a leading rusher and passer in one of his wins last season.

Orton was in a very pass happy offense that did not use the running game, which is why I THINK it sucked so bad. So of course Orton was going to pass a lot and I would have to say it was not because of lack of talent. It was just lack of work on the running game in practice and blocking. But that does not matter, ORTON was given the ball on 3rd down to pass, and he did not convert. If they would have ran the ball and not gotten the first down then fine and it would not be on Orton, but the fact he did not convert on passing 3rd downs if the point.

Jsteve01
08-15-2011, 01:48 PM

the passer . . .

-----

He didn't have zero sacks last year. He had 1.5 and our run defense fell of dramatically after he went down...

Screw Rob Ayers for being well spoken non thug who actually sees this team as something beyond himself.

topscribe
08-15-2011, 01:54 PM
We will sisagree on this point. I feel it is foolish and arrogant to dis the fans. :tsk: In no way is that helpful in realizing his goals which appear way to personal for my liking. This is a team sport, be a team player.

Can, we agree a lot, and when we disagree, I have to hand it to you: You still
make solid points.

However, was Orton dissing the fans, or was he dissing the moron who had gone
to all the trouble to count the exact number of Tebow jerseys and the exact
number of Orton jerseys, then throwing that into Orton's face? Really, I think
sometimes a player must feel like just flattening the nose of such a reporter.

Anyway, a poll taken by ESPN (IIRC) afterward indicated that some 60+
percent of Denver fans actually approved of Orton's comments, which means
they may have seen through that line of questioning and didn't blame him?

In fact, in Fox's post game presser, that same reporter brought up the same
thing to Fox, to which Fox replied, "Is that what they pay you for, to come
out and count Tebow jerseys?" You could tell his reaction was much the same
as Ortons: "What kind of question is that?"

No, Orton, most definitely could have been more politically gracious in his
response (such as punching out that reporter? - just kidding), but it was
thrown on him while he was on his back foot, so to speak. The only people I
see who are making a great big deal of it are those who hate him in the first
place. I haven't heard much from anyone else, including any of the beat
writers . . .

-----

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Can, we agree a lot, and when we disagree, I have to hand it to you: You still
make solid points.

However, was Orton dissing the fans, or was he dissing the moron who had gone
to all the trouble to count the exact number of Tebow jerseys and the exact
number of Orton jerseys, then throwing that into Orton's face? Really, I think
sometimes a player must feel like just flattening the nose of such a reporter.

Anyway, a poll taken by ESPN (IIRC) afterward indicated that some 60+
percent of Denver fans actually approved of Orton's comments, which means
they may have seen through that line of questioning and didn't blame him?

In fact, in Fox's post game presser, that same reporter brought up the same
thing to Fox, to which Fox replied, "Is that what they pay you for, to come
out and count Tebow jerseys?" You could tell his reaction was much the same
as Ortons: "What kind of question is that?"

No, Orton, most definitely could have been more politically gracious in his
response (such as punching out that reporter? - just kidding), but it was
thrown on him while he was on his back foot, so to speak. The only people I
see who are making a great big deal of it are those who hate him in the first
place. I haven't heard much from anyone else, including any of the beat
writers . . .

-----

Did Fox really say that? That's classic! :laugh: