PDA

View Full Version : LOL players mad at fans jumping onto field

broken12
11-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Ekuban saying that it was upsetting seeing fans getting on field and running all over that they should have more class. Said with how bad things got out there today sad that the fans didnt show more class!!

Northman
11-24-2008, 01:07 AM
He's right.

sneakers
11-24-2008, 01:12 AM
People were running on the field?

DenBronx
11-24-2008, 01:18 AM
maybe ekuban should worry about getting a sack before he starts complaining about the fans.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 01:32 AM
“The only thing we won tonight was the penalty battle. They had more penalties than we did,” Broncos defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban said. “Other than that, they kicked our butts in every phase of the game.”

This was in a postgame interview, from Yahoo.

HOW DARE he even attempt to try to put a positive kind spin on this? He should say "We played like ?!@#, and I'm embarassed for representing the franchise like this."

Ebenzer, shut up. You, your teammates and your coaching staff, has embarassed, yet again, almost 80,000 money paying fans at the game and the millions who were watching on TV AGAIN with your team's disgusting performance to one of the worst teams in the NFL. The Denver Broncos were an absolute disgrace. A disgrace.

Mike Shanahan should definitely tell everyone on the Broncos' roster this won't be tolerated, and if he doesn't, I question him as the Coach.

broken12
11-24-2008, 01:40 AM
“The only thing we won tonight was the penalty battle. They had more penalties than we did,” Broncos defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban said. “Other than that, they kicked our butts in every phase of the game.”

HOW DARE he even attempt to try to put a positive kind spin on this? He should say "We played like ?!@#, and I'm embarassed for representing the franchise like this."

Ebenzer, shut up. You, your teammates and your coaching staff, has embarassed, yet again, almost 80,000 money paying fans at the game and the millions who were watching on TV AGAIN with your team's disgusting performance to one of the worst teams in the NFL. The Denver Broncos were an absolute disgrace. A disgrace.

Mike Shanahan should definitely tell everyone on the Broncos' roster this won't be tolerated, and if he doesn't, I question him as the Coach.

exactly, its showing that the fans are getting upset. abc out of denver showed many fans yelling to the sidelines. i have also noticed that there are less and less fans at the games, which leads me to believe that people are not buying into this mediocraty anymore.

pnbronco
11-24-2008, 01:40 AM
People were running on the field?

Yeah Sneakers, twice. the sad thing was there were more people cheering for them than the Broncos at that point. It took I think 4 security guys and 1 or 2 police to get the second guy.

So Shazam how do you really feel....:D, sorry, it's late and for some reason I'm still cold.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 01:46 AM
I feel I have lost confidence in Shanahan's ability to rally the team, to motivate them to perform on the field.

It's nothing short of almost a MIRACLE the Broncos could actually win the Division and have a lead. To blow an opportunity like this, with SD losing (we knew they would) Denver would have a 3 game lead.

To allow yourself to be blown out by one of the five worst teams in the League, and a hated division rival is a disgrace.

I think Shanahan is losing his grip. This isn't about injuries. There is still a coaching staff and players and he didn't have the team ready. He's never been a motivator, but it's time to kick ass.

As for my fellow fans, if you are a Broncos fan at the game and you weren't seething, you were not a Broncos fan. I don't blame anyone for losing it.

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 01:49 AM
The only question I have were the fans carrying tar and feathers or a rail..

If not, the players did not get it, did they...

Maybe next home game they will have nooses to motivate the slackers..

broken12
11-24-2008, 01:50 AM
youre right problem is it happened to us twice maybe 3 times if you look at the way the jags are playing, not to mention lost 3 in a row at home is really horrible!!!

sneakers
11-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah Sneakers, twice. the sad thing was there were more people cheering for them than the Broncos at that point. It took I think 4 security guys and 1 or 2 police to get the second guy.

So Shazam how do you really feel....:D, sorry, it's late and for some reason I'm still cold.

Awesoem! I always like seeing the the camera phone video recordings of someones friend out running and dodging all the security people, and running around the field for a minute (doing their best Barry Sanders impression) before the Security tackle him.

sneakers
11-24-2008, 01:54 AM
My friend got arrested for running on the field during a Brewers game...he said afterwards that it was one of the stupidest things he had ever done.

Broncos Mtnman
11-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Ekuban saying that it was upsetting seeing fans getting on field and running all over that they should have more class. Said with how bad things got out there today sad that the fans didnt show more class!!

I think it was a good thing.

The Broncos got an up-close look at how to tackle when security took those guys down.

Maybe Ekuban should take notes instead of complaining.

:coffee:

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Shoulda made a run for Shanahan and slapped him in the face.

pnbronco
11-24-2008, 02:00 AM
My friend got arrested for running on the field during a Brewers game...he said afterwards that it was one of the stupidest things he had ever done.

So what happens? My husband and I were talking about what you would get charged with and is there a nasty fine? I'm assuming you are banned from future games for a long time.

Hey J, you know they do this search of all your carry in items and your body. I pretty sure tar and feathers are on the ban list.

Simple Jaded
11-24-2008, 02:08 AM

Way to blow a loss completely out of proportion, well done my friend.......

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 02:13 AM
If you are not pissed at the Broncos losing to one of the worst teams in the League, a game that was a must win and playing at home, then you are not a fan.

Especially to season ticket holders who pay good money to see them play like that.

Every Broncos fan has a right to be pissed.

Simple Jaded
11-24-2008, 02:16 AM
If you are not pissed at the Broncos losing to one of the worst teams in the League, a game that was a must win and playing at home, then you are not a fan.

Especially to season ticket holders who pay good money to see them play like that.

Every Broncos fan has a right to be pissed.

So I'm not a fan?

WhatEver.......:D.......

fcspikeit
11-24-2008, 02:22 AM
So I'm not a fan?

WhatEver.......:D.......

If your at an intersection with no stop light and there's someone to your lift, you might have the "right" of way but you can still choose to stop and let the other guy go first. Either way, your still driving a car. Giving up your right don't change that :D

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 02:27 AM
Rel Broncos fans hate the Raiders and knows going into this game they are one of the Bottom 5 teams in Football.

Broncos fans know this team (MIRACULOUSLY) has not only a chance at the Playoffs, but to win arguably the worst Division in Football. This would be a stride for a young team with a young QB, even if they go in one and done.

If you call yourself a Broncos fan and are not pissed by this kind of horrible performance, unprepared and uninspired, a 3 TD blowout loss, at home, in as much of a must win game as can be, with Playoff implications, against a horrible team and a hated rival, yes, I question anyone as a fan.

By 'pissed' I don't mean stay up at night obsessing breaking things. I'm not losing sleep. But to not be pissed off? You're not a fan, or have become totally desensitized to losing.

Simple Jaded
11-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Broncos fans are the best, give em a two game win streak and they're thinking SuperBowl or Bust.

You call yourself a fan but you don't even know your team well enough to know that this kind of game is a definite possibility every single time they take the field.

They have 3 starters on offense with more than 3 years experience.......they have 5 backups starting on a defense that was never any good to begin with.

The Broncos could have been 10-0 going into this game and this kind of game would have still been a definite possibility.......the only thing surprising about this game is the fact that people like you are still surprised by games like this.......

sneakers
11-24-2008, 02:34 AM
This is pretty much my favorite thread of the night....it is like metalheads arguing over who is more Metal.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Now you're making excuses. It's games like this the Broncos should be able to win, or compete. They completly fell apart. If they let Oakland come back or played a competitive game, of if they had a bid lead, ok. They didn't.

I have seen them give away games but at least they played well.

This was just a disgrace. This wasn't San Diego in 2007 or going to New England and getting killed this year. This was losing by 3 TDs to the Raiders who probably will only win one more game at least.

This was on the staff and Shanahan.

Also no, I don't expect the Broncos to win the Super Bowl every year. I just want them to be competitive.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 02:38 AM
This is pretty much my favorite thread of the night....it is like metalheads arguing over who is more Metal.

King Diamond rules duuuuuuuude! :rockon:

Simple Jaded
11-24-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm not making any excuses, I'm just trying to ease your pain with a little reality.......

BroncoTech
11-24-2008, 03:07 AM
You can be seething mad and be a fan but to jump on the field makes you an idiot and there's no excuse. If faider fans tried that they would catch hell from the warden when placed back in their cells. The team played stupid and the fans were stupid and 2 stupids don't make a smart. It just equals really stupid.

Do you know how much *hit I'm taking tomorrow being the only Broncos fan in Alameda? I work 3 blocks from faider HQ, I'm in for a long day with the football pool crowd after Friday's trash talk.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 03:21 AM
Apparently, the Broncos should have just thrown the game, and ticket holders who sat there freezing and spent their hard earned cash should be happy they played so bad, and Shanahan should get AFC Coach of the week for fieding an uninspired, unprepared squad.

Simple Jaded
11-24-2008, 03:25 AM
Btw, maybe all the real fans can enlighten me on exactly how many position where you think the Broncos are better than the Raiders, personally I count 8 out of 24 positions on the field:

Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Graham, Clady, Kuper, Harris and Bly (9 if you count Hillis as a FB).

So combine that with what's already been covered, along with the fact that this was a revenge match with a division rival who was thoroughly embarrassed the last time they played, and you begin to realize that maybe you don't have to be "desensitized to losing" to get past this loss without wetting your pants.......

BroncoTech
11-24-2008, 04:21 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the fence jumpers tagged with $2000 fine and banned from mile high for life. Any justification for these acts is just poor reasoning.

Mile High fan code of conduct.

Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund, potential loss of ticket privileges for future games, and possible revocation of their season ticket account.

sneakers
11-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Apparently, the Broncos should have just thrown the game, and ticket holders who sat there freezing and spent their hard earned cash should be happy they played so bad, and Shanahan should get AFC Coach of the week for fieding an uninspired, unprepared squad.

At least fans didn't throw snowballs at their home team like they did at Notre Dame Saturday.

Den21vsBal19
11-24-2008, 08:06 AM
I think it was a good thing.

The Broncos got an up-close look at how to tackle when security took those guys down.

Maybe Ekuban should take notes instead of complaining.

:coffee:

:lol: Suit 'em up for next week

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Fans are frustrated. Think how much the average fan spends a year on their team. Shirts, tickets, travel costs, time etc...... then look at the half hearted effort put in by our team this weekend and in other games this year. Our defensive scheme is giving RB's and QB's CAREER games week in and week out. Even the most pathetic of players shines against our defense. The scheme sucks, the players effort sucks, it's frustrating. The same is true with the offense. What the heck was Bates thinking? That was THE WORST play calling I have EVER witnessed by ANY Denver. It's like they wanted to lose! I'm not saying it's right to rush the field but I understand the frustration and take a certain amount of pleasure in watching a Denver fan stomp on our logo because I feel the organization has been doing that to the fans this season. Denver has the best fans in the NFL. The team has a responsibility to field and play with the same passion it’s city and fans have shown them for years.

GEM
11-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Way to blow a loss completely out of proportion, well done my friend.......

Dontcha know....the sky is falling. :laugh:

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Fans are frustrated. Think how much the average fan spends a year on their team. Shirts, tickets, travel costs, time etc...... then look at the half hearted effort put in by our team this weekend and in other games this year. Our defensive scheme is giving RB's and QB's CAREER games week in and week out. Even the most pathetic of players shines against our defense. The scheme sucks, the players effort sucks, it's frustrating. The same is true with the offense. What the heck was Bates thinking? That was THE WORST play calling I have EVER witnessed by ANY Denver. It's like they wanted to lose! I'm not saying it's right to rush the field but I understand the frustration and take a certain amount of pleasure in watching a Denver fan stomp on our logo because I feel the organization has been doing that to the fans this season. Denver has the best fans in the NFL. The team has a responsibility to field and play with the same passion it’s city and fans have shown them for years.

You do realize that that's a crime, right...

No one should be out on the field, no matter how frustrated they are.

Frankly, I hate to see if this organization ACTUALLY sucked vs. the perception that it sucks. I would hate to see what it would be like if we rooted for the Bengals. (Yes, King, I singled out the Bengals :D)

GEM
11-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Rel Broncos fans hate the Raiders and knows going into this game they are one of the Bottom 5 teams in Football.

Broncos fans know this team (MIRACULOUSLY) has not only a chance at the Playoffs, but to win arguably the worst Division in Football. This would be a stride for a young team with a young QB, even if they go in one and done.

If you call yourself a Broncos fan and are not pissed by this kind of horrible performance, unprepared and uninspired, a 3 TD blowout loss, at home, in as much of a must win game as can be, with Playoff implications, against a horrible team and a hated rival, yes, I question anyone as a fan.

By 'pissed' I don't mean stay up at night obsessing breaking things. I'm not losing sleep. But to not be pissed off? You're not a fan, or have become totally desensitized to losing.

You have no right to say who is a fan and who isn't. Playing the Raiders is ALWAYS tough, whether they are 2-8 or 10-0. If you don't know that by now, you must not be a fan. Silly huh. :rolleyes: Some people take losses differently. I stopped watching in the 3rd qtr. I guess I'm not a fan right? :laugh: What's stupid silly is that we know what our team is, they are decent with some glaring problems. We're having a better year than I had anticipated, so I can't be all that disappointed. I'm a realist who knows that my team isn't going to be fantastic every year. Go ahead and be pissed if that is what keeps you going, but don't begin to tell anyone else they aren't a fan because they don't go over the deep end. :tsk:

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 11:03 AM
You have no right to say who is a fan and who isn't. Playing the Raiders is ALWAYS tough, whether they are 2-8 or 10-0. If you don't know that by now, you must not be a fan. Silly huh. :rolleyes: Some people take losses differently. I stopped watching in the 3rd qtr. I guess I'm not a fan right? :laugh: What's stupid silly is that we know what our team is, they are decent with some glaring problems. We're having a better year than I had anticipated, so I can't be all that disappointed. I'm a realist who knows that my team isn't going to be fantastic every year. Go ahead and be pissed if that is what keeps you going, but don't begin to tell anyone else they aren't a fan because they don't go over the deep end. :tsk:

I'm a horrible fan, I stopped watching Gamecast after the Raiders went three and out and we didn't move the ball. I knew what type of game we were in for at that point. Plus, I don't fork over $400 to watch every game, so that must make me a bad fan.

Don't know what it is about this team, but if they don't score on that first drive, we're in for a long game, win or lose. Its the damndest thing. If Shanahan doesn't get that rhythm going on the first drive, this team just doesn't play well. Nothing has changed about that since Shanahan got here.

GEM
11-24-2008, 11:05 AM

Now imagine that you are a fan of the Bengals or Lions. Does it really suck that bad to be a Broncos fan? :tsk:

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Now imagine that you are a fan of the Bengals or Lions. Does it really suck that bad to be a Broncos fan? :tsk:

Gut-wrenching.

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
You do realize that that's a crime, right...

No one should be out on the field, no matter how frustrated they are.

Frankly, I hate to see if this organization ACTUALLY sucked vs. the perception that it sucks. I would hate to see what it would be like if we rooted for the Bengals. (Yes, King, I singled out the Bengals :D)

Yeah, I realize that. That is why I said I'm not saying it's right but I understand the frustration. I don't think we suck, just think the organization owes it to Denver and it's fans all around the world to put in a better effort across the board.

broncogirl7
11-24-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't care how mad or disappointed the fans were at the end of the game...keep your asses OFF the field.
It is extremely disrespectful to enter a football field without permission and potentially dangerous.
It was embarrassing hearing the commentors talk about the "idots" coming from the stands onto the field!

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I realize that. That is why I said I'm not saying it's right but I understand the frustration. I don't think we suck, just think the organization owes it to Denver and it's fans all around the world to put in a better effort across the board.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but this comment brought this thought to the forefront.

Do you people who are that frustrated with the team that you have posted in this thread, really think the Broncos aren't trying? And for that matter, do you think the Raiders were not trying?

To gank a phrase from one of my favorite coaches, "This is the NFL! This isn't intramurals! This is the NFL brutha."

The other team wants to win too.

Northman
11-24-2008, 11:15 AM

Real Bronco fans also know this team has been inconsistent the last few years and know that games like this are going to happen.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Is there a link for this?

Northman
11-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't care how mad or disappointed the fans were at the end of the game...keep your asses OFF the field.
It is extremely disrespectful to enter a football field without permission and potentially dangerous.
It was embarrassing hearing the commentors talk about the "idots" coming from the stands onto the field!

Amen.

I saw a guy on the Mane who wants to sell his tickets. So i say to all you guys who are crying and bitching if you are tired of wasting your money on this team then by all means give me the tickets and ill go in your place. I cant afford to pay any kind of money for football tickets and would LOVE to attend a game win or lose. Real Bronco fans stand behind their team even when times look bleak.

Medford Bronco
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
maybe ekuban should worry about getting a sack before he starts complaining about the fans.

or how about stopping the run, which they sucked at yesterday

I am not saying the fans were right though either, they acted like children it seems.

GEM
11-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Amen.

I saw a guy on the Mane who wants to sell his tickets. So i say to all you guys who are crying and bitching if you are tired of wasting your money on this team then by all means give me the tickets and ill go in your place. I cant afford to pay any kind of money for football tickets and would LOVE to attend a game win or lose. Real Bronco fans stand behind their team even when times look bleak.

Gimme his name and number, I'll take em. :D

broncogirl7
11-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Amen.

Exactly! I didn't think we would have a perfect season. Surely fans should know that we could have some ugly loses and I am sure that the Raiders were out for major revenge after the Broncos kicked their ass in Oakland earlier in the season.

Northman
11-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Exactly! I didn't think we would have a perfect season. Surely fans should know that we could have some ugly loses and I am sure that the Raiders were out for major revenge after the Broncos kicked their ass in Oakland earlier in the season.

Well considering that we are the ONLY win that Kansas City has i cant see how anyone can possibly be surprised by yesterday. It sucks no doubt but im not shocked that we laid an egg. Just like i wouldnt be shocked if we beat NY next week. Its been that kind of year.

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Well considering that we are the ONLY win that Kansas City has i cant see how anyone can possibly be surprised by yesterday. It sucks no doubt but im not shocked that we laid an egg. Just like i wouldnt be shocked if we beat NY next week. Its been that kind of five years.

Corrected. For accuracy.

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Broncos fans are the best, give em a two game win streak and they're thinking SuperBowl or Bust.

You call yourself a fan but you don't even know your team well enough to know that this kind of game is a definite possibility every single time they take the field.

They have 3 starters on offense with more than 3 years experience.......they have 5 backups starting on a defense that was never any good to begin with.
The Broncos could have been 10-0 going into this game and this kind of game would have still been a definite possibility.......the only thing surprising about this game is the fact that people like you are still surprised by games like this.......

It could be argued that the defense was bad because some of those players, boss, both safeties and nate should not be on the field..

there is no denying DJ and Champ are two of the best in the league but woodyard, larsen are playing lights out as we speak.. not sure about is Barret got any playing time and how he might have done..

but our weak spots as we speak are bly, Safeties, bly, SAM, bly MLB unless your happy with Larsen which I am.. and well DL is occasionally present..

NOW why were these players playing nate boss and the safeties we have to much invested in them.. Either slowick has blown smoke up mikeys butt or mickey can't see the forest for the trees.. Y'all have to choose on this one..

Northman
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
It could be argued that the defense was bad because some of those players, boss, both safeties and nate should not be on the field..

there is no denying DJ and Champ are two of the best in the league but woodyard, larsen are playing lights out as we speak.. not sure about is Barret got any playing time and how he might have done..

but our weak spots as we speak are bly, Safeties, bly, SAM, bly MLB unless your happy with Larsen which I am.. and well DL is occasionally present..

NOW why were these players playing nate boss and the safeties we have to much invested in them.. Either slowick has blown smoke up mikeys butt or mickey can't see the forest for the trees.. Y'all have to choose on this one..

What do you think about Bly? :lol:

broken12
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
i dont think anyone expects a perfect season, but that said we should expect to be able to beat the raiders, jags, and dolphins at home. denver has lost three in a row at home and why? we cannot stop anyone on defense, we allow the highest completion percentage in nfl. I think its funny for the players to critisize the fans for jumping onto field but sad when fans boo and critisize them.

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
i dont think anyone expects a perfect season, but that said we should expect to be able to beat the raiders, jags, and dolphins at home. denver has lost three in a row at home and why? we cannot stop anyone on defense, we allow the highest completion percentage in nfl. I think its funny for the players to critisize the fans for jumping onto field but sad when fans boo and critisize them.

A.) He was probably asked about it.
B.) They only threw 11 passes.
C.) There is a lot of blame to go around, not all of it on the defense.
D.) Both teams ARE trying. The Raiders had a good game plan, apparently.
E.) The sky is not falling.

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
We are all fans and I doubt any of us are going to give up on this team. Some of us might get more frustrated than others. I am guilty at times at going a little over board with my frustrations but I'll never give up on this team. I do feel that the organization has a responsibility to it's fans as they are the ones who fund this team and we have every right to be frustrated (but not break the law) when the organization falls short of expectations. We do our part by paying for the merchandise, tickets ect…. They need to do their part by fielding a talented and prepared team.

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 12:34 PM
What do you think about Bly? :lol:

right now he is not worth the money he is getting.. @1.5-2 mil he might be worth keeping..

He is an OK CB as we speak with a real DL and different scheme BUMP and run, I think he could be a lot better.. he has been FAST in the past and unless he has lost that speed he should be able to make up "moves" that he might bite on if he does not have to cover for 5-8 seconds on each play..

Certainly would be replaced by one of the kiddies unless he agrees to a massive pay cut. We get almost the same coverage from the kiddies as we do him not quite but almost for alot less bang for the buck.. take his money and give it to two upgraded DL guys.. Then the kiddies would be better CB's because they would not have to cover 7-12 seconds each pass play..

I'm a firm believer in bump them inside the 5 Yard zone destroy any timing the QB has with them.. what happens then they may get by and hook up down field 30-40% of the time which IMO is better than allowing the QB to have a 70% completion ratio on all the underneath routes..

Northman
11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
right now he is not worth the money he is getting.. @1.5-2 mil he might be worth keeping..

He is an OK CB as we speak with a real DL and different scheme BUMP and run, I think he could be a lot better.. he has been FAST in the past and unless he has lost that speed he should be able to make up "moves" that he might bite on if he does not have to cover for 5-8 seconds on each play..

Certainly would be replaced by one of the kiddies unless he agrees to a massive pay cut. We get almost the same coverage from the kiddies as we do him not quite but almost for alot less bang for the buck.. take his money and give it to two upgraded DL guys.. Then the kiddies would be better CB's because they would not have to cover 7-12 seconds each pass play..

I'm a firm believer in bump them inside the 5 Yard zone destroy any timing the QB has with them.. what happens then they may get by and hook up down field 30-40% of the time which IMO is better than allowing the QB to have a 70% completion ratio on all the underneath routes..

I was only teasing you. :D

broken12
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree partly, but i feel for these players, the coaches arent putting em in position to make plays (defense).

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I was only teasing you. :D

I know just had to get that off my chest..

I'm so pissed I would not trust myself at a real live game, nor would I trust myself at a bar watching the game..

I know I would get arrested after a game like this one..

I do not handle ineptitude well and frankly this ranks back with some of those teams from the early 60's when we had pretty good coaching buy lousy talent..

Christ my HS football coach was a OT for the broncos.. But he had heart.. and the coaching was good but

Now we have a lot of heart, young talent and IMHO not much in the coach department..

Bobby turner and mikey.. that is all folks..

the rest of the staff are IMO nothing but yes men, that will work for mikey.. I do not think any up and coming assistant coach would come to DEN.. How many of mikeys coaches have moved on to greatness Gary?

Any that have are either total flunkies or have bailed.. Look at what Dinger is doing in TENN and Gary, Gibbs in HOU..

Now we really have to ask was it Dinger or mikey?

Was it really Gary or mikey?

Hell I do not know any more.. Just when they seem to be on the road, they come crashing down with such a dismal performance one would wonder if it is time to make a complete top to bottom change in FO staff..

I knew that this team would be inconsistent in the first half of the year, but going from a great first half on D to waht the hell happened in the second half. How in Gods Name can you explain what happened?

Against the raiders the worst O in the league:
well 30th in yards
32 in passing
30 in scoring.

HOW????????????

Northman
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I know just had to get that off my chest..

I'm so pissed I would not trust myself at a real live game, nor would I trust myself at a bar watching the game..

I know I would get arrested after a game like this one..

I do not handle ineptitude well and frankly this ranks back with some of those teams from the early 60's when we had pretty good coaching buy lousy talent..

Christ my HS football coach was a OT for the broncos.. But he had heart.. and the coaching was good but

Now we have a lot of heart, young talent and IMHO not much in the coach department..

Bobby turner and mikey.. that is all folks..

the rest of the staff are IMO nothing but yes men, that will work for mikey.. I do not think any up and coming assistant coach would come to DEN.. How many of mikeys coaches have moved on to greatness Gary?

Any that have are either total flunkies or have bailed.. Look at what Dinger is doing in TENN and Gary, Gibbs in HOU..

Now we really have to ask was it Dinger or mikey?

Was it really Gary or mikey?

Hell I do not know any more.. Just when they seem to be on the road, they come crashing down with such a dismal performance one would wonder if it is time to make a complete top to bottom change in FO staff..

I knew that this team would be inconsistent in the first half of the year, but going from a great first half on D to waht the hell happened in the second half. How in Gods Name can you explain what happened?

Against the raiders the worst O in the league:
well 30th in yards
32 in passing
30 in scoring.

HOW????????????

Hard to say, i think the players do have heart but when things turn bad they get down in a hurry. And i think thats when Mikey and company need to become the backbone and get them positive again. But when Mike and company just have a ho-hum attitude on the sideline i think the players copy that mantra and then never get their heads back in the game. I love shanahan but i would love to see more fire out of him than i have the last few years. I want the guy who was getting fired up on the sideline in the Super Bowls. It just seems like Mike doesnt have the energy anymore and its disappointing. These are young kids who need direction and without any real vets on here and without any encouragement throughout the game from coaches its damaging the psyche of these young guys. :tsk:

OB
11-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I feel shazams passion - i get that way too but i also dont consider someone a non-fan for not feeling my passion - i tend to go to extremes - i know thats hard for some of you to believe ;)

I think we (as fans) are highly frustrated at this point - i cant fathom our losses to KC and Oak - esp losing 3 home games in a row - something is amiss in mile high

I know people will throw shannys stats up and how he's always made the playoffs ( for the most part) his winning % and such but lets face it he has had a good 10+ years to rebuild this team into a SB team and hasnt come even close - that is unacceptable IMHO

Dont get me wron - im not saying we should have been a dynasty this whole time but in that 10 year stretch we should have had a few years where we were legit SB contenders - with at least a SB appearance

PS - NEVER would i EVER give up my tickets - even if money was the only issue - i would sell blood and plasma and clays sperm before selling my tickets

Mike
11-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Real Bronco fans also know this team has been inconsistent the last few years and know that games like this are going to happen.

Inconsistent...and what is the common denominator over the last several years?

I think Shanahan is a good coach, but I am done with supporting the guy. He has surrounded himself with crap for assistants and can't motivate his players and for years now we have seen the results of it. Nothing changes except inconsistency and mediocrity.

I can live with losses. I can live without the playoffs. I just want to see growth and improvement. But I can't say that I have seen either of those. I like the drafts, I like the young talent, but I hate that our coaches cannot motivate them to play against a crappy poor excuse for a highschool football team and I hate that our coaches cannot put our players in positions that get the most out of their talents but instead choose to put them in position to fail. This isn't this year, it isn't last year, this has been going on for years.

Sorry for the rant...but I feel much better now. ;)

Northman
11-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Inconsistent...and what is the common denominator over the last several years?

I think Shanahan is a good coach, but I am done with supporting the guy. He has surrounded himself with crap for assistants and can't motivate his players and for years now we have seen the results of it. Nothing changes except inconsistency and mediocrity.

I can live with losses. I can live without the playoffs. I just want to see growth and improvement. But I can't say that I have seen either of those. I like the drafts, I like the young talent, but I hate that our coaches cannot motivate them to play against a crappy poor excuse for a highschool football team and I hate that our coaches cannot put our players in positions that get the most out of their talents but instead choose to put them in position to fail. This isn't this year, it isn't last year, this has been going on for years.

Sorry for the rant...but I feel much better now. ;)

I dont blame you. I can honestly say that im not sure Shanahan is the right guy anymore. Ive stated in other threads that with a team this young he himself and the coaching staff need to show more fire and motivation when those guys get down on themselves or start to lose focus. Right now, i dont see any of that on gameday and its disappointing. But, im not quitting on this team just because they lost a game that i knew they had a chance of losing. I just wonder though if Bowlen has the balls to make a move at HC. I dont think so right now so all i can hope for is to fight through it as a fan. :D

Mike
11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I dont blame you. I can honestly say that im not sure Shanahan is the right guy anymore. Ive stated in other threads that with a team this young he himself and the coaching staff need to show more fire and motivation when those guys get down on themselves or start to lose focus. Right now, i dont see any of that on gameday and its disappointing. But, im not quitting on this team just because they lost a game that i knew they had a chance of losing. I just wonder though if Bowlen has the balls to make a move at HC. I dont think so right now so all i can hope for is to fight through it as a fan. :D

I will never quit on the Broncos and I imagine that most around here won't either. Most of my frustration is what I mentioned above...and quite a bit is just because we lost to the freaking Raiders. There is no team I hate losing to more and to get blown out at home by that craphole of a organization....:tsk:

DenverBronkHoes
11-24-2008, 01:38 PM
I feel I have lost confidence in Shanahan's ability to rally the team, to motivate them to perform on the field.

It's nothing short of almost a MIRACLE the Broncos could actually win the Division and have a lead. To blow an opportunity like this, with SD losing (we knew they would) Denver would have a 3 game lead.

To allow yourself to be blown out by one of the five worst teams in the League, and a hated division rival is a disgrace.

I think Shanahan is losing his grip. This isn't about injuries. There is still a coaching staff and players and he didn't have the team ready. He's never been a motivator, but it's time to kick ass.

As for my fellow fans, if you are a Broncos fan at the game and you weren't seething, you were not a Broncos fan. I don't blame anyone for losing it.

he has never been good at this

DenverBronkHoes
11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
the fans have a right to act like maniacs when their team loses to a shitty division rival on home turf

that game was our clincher and they blew it......

Simple Jaded
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Bullshit!

We're just as whiny and petulant as any other fan base, that ****ing joke of a "Home crowd" yesterday and those idiots running onto the field prove it. A significant portion of this fan base wouldn't know the first thing about supporting a team through think and thin, and to call ourselves the best in the league is laughable.

The Broncos just had a comeback from 13 points down just minutes from the 4th quarter only two games ago, yet "the best fans in the NFL" started leaving when they were 14 points down 1 minute into the 4th quarter. Give me a ****ing break. :D

As for the Broncos responsibility to you, my guess is that there is no other franchise that historically tries as hard to win as the Broncos do.......that's all they owe you. And no offense, any time a fan resorts to bringing up how much money they spend it only reinforces my belief that they lack the sophistication and insight to know things like good play-calling and effort when they see it.......

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Bullshit!

We're just as whiny and petulant as any other fan base, that ****ing joke of a "Home crowd" yesterday and those idiots running onto the field prove it. A significant portion of this fan base wouldn't know the first thing about supporting a team through think and thin, and to call ourselves the best in the league is laughable.

The Broncos just had a comeback from 13 points down just minutes from the 4th quarter only two games ago, yet "the best fans in the NFL" started leaving when they were 14 points down 1 minute into the 4th quarter. Give me a ****ing break. :D

As for the Broncos responsibility to you, my guess is that there is no other franchise that historically tries as hard to win as the Broncos do.......that's all they owe you. And no offense, any time a fan resorts to bringing up how much money they spend it only reinforces my belief that they lack the sophistication and insight to know things like good play-calling and effort when they see it.......

I can tell you first-hand that Denver fans (this includes Colorado) are not looked highly upon in some other places...

56crash
11-24-2008, 07:49 PM

Every Broncos fan has a right to be pissed.\\

Are you for real one of the years that the Dallas cowpies 15-1 won the SB the only lost was to the 1-15 Washington Dedskins

Simple Jaded
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Couldn't disagree more, Jr..

Larsen, Winborn are not the answer, Winborn especially.......that defense last night was starting 6 to 8 players that have no business starting in the NFL, much less on a team that's as good as their fans expect it to be.

This team started scrubs like Winborn, Bell, Rogers, Manual along with rookies who are could develop into ideal backups at best in Larsen and Woodyard, and some veterans like Ekuban, Robertson and Dumervil who are better suited for backup/specialist roles.......with one of the worst DC's in the history of the game, how can fans expect the defense to be anything more than what they are.......one of the worst defenses in the league?

Aside from Bailey, Williams, Thomas and Bly, most of the defensive players would struggle to find work anywhere else as anything but backup for one reason or another, they are not core starters on the defense of any kind of Championship contender.......

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Couldn't disagree more, Jr..

Larsen, Winborn are not the answer, Winborn especially.......that defense last night was starting 6 to 8 players that have no business starting in the NFL, much less on a team that's as good as their fans expect it to be.

This team started scrubs like Winborn, Bell, Rogers, Manual along with rookies who are could develop into ideal backups at best in Larsen and Woodyard, and some veterans like Ekuban, Robertson and Dumervil who are better suited for backup/specialist roles.......with one of the worst DC's in the history of the game, how can fans expect the defense to be anything more than what they are.......one of the worst defenses in the league?

Aside from Bailey, Williams, Thomas and Bly, most of the defensive players would struggle to find work anywhere else as anything but backup for one reason or another, they are not core starters on the defense of any kind of Championship contender.......

Look I'm not an advocate of winborn in particular..

but we do have to start someone and in lieu of no one else being better start rookies and second year guys and find out IF they are worth keeping..

We already know what turds both safeties are as well as IMO nate and boss.

I do not think anyone is in love with Bly either..

We have two absolute keepers on the team Champ and DJ @ next level until they either step up or get replaced would be Thomas, Moss, Crowder (Class of 07) Robertson is a keeper for as long as he can keep going for as many plays a year as we can get..
Doom is IMO strictly a specialist.

the other DL guys are woefully in need of being replace yesterday.

Now we know that we can not replace the entire D in one year..

Play the kiddies to find out whether they are worth keeping around as either starters down the road or as back ups..

If we do not play them till the season is over, we go into next season speculating on if they can make it or not.. and may not draft someone we really need.

I also realize we will give up plays and that our scheme and schemer sucks..

If you have any ideas on improving this team before next week that will not be painful I'm all ears..

weazel
11-24-2008, 09:15 PM
it is pretty classless but then again, someone from Denver had to do some exercise on that field.

this team is a friggin joke

horsepig
11-24-2008, 10:13 PM
This game was like something from the Twilight Zone. Our boys played pretty well: at one point in the third quarter we had 15 first downs to 4 for the faiders. We missed a LOT of BIG chances. Give me Larsen at Mike, the series he was out looked just exactly like the defense we saw the first 8 weeks. When he's in there the whole defense seems to play at a much higher level.

We seemed to move the ball at will, but could not make the right plays at the right times. Does anyone else think BMarsh looks a LOT like a whiner! Not running through his routes, not making any effort to help plays not designed for him?

broncofaninfla
11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Bullshit!

I am a Broncos fan who lives in Florida and has to travel to see games in person. I’ve been doing so for over 20 years. That has exposed me to different fan bases around the country. Some are better than others, some are down right awful. Our fans are as good as any out there and definitely better than most. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t have any experience with Denver fans in Denver at a game because I haven’t been privy to see a home game in Denver yet BUT the fans I do meet around the country have ALL been great fans and do go the extra mile to travel and support their team. Travel isn’t cheap nor is the apparel worn to show support for the team but I gladly pay it to show support for my team and will continue. I do my part as a fan and expect the same from my team. As far as “lacking the sophistication and insight to know things like good play-calling and effort when they see it” please explain the parallel between me spending money and my understanding of football or do one even better and explain all of the “great play calling” that Bates was doing this past Sunday against Oakland. Like any fans, we get frustrated when things aren’t going good. The blows out losses frustrate me and I’m guessing that’s why you come across so angry. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and thank you for your opinion and hope you can show more class to your future responses to me and the other people who enjoy reading and posting on this great site.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/broncos.shanahan.bcs.2.873381.html

Shanahan No Fan Of Drunken Fans, BCS

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) ― Mike Shanahan turned his attention from his team's struggles on Monday to a couple of things he's no fan of: drunken fans who run out onto the field and the BCS system to determine the national champion in college football.

First, the fans.

Three of them were tackled and arrested for running out onto the field in the fourth quarter Sunday, one of them coming close to the Broncos' defenders before being apprehended.

"I think anyone who rushes the field is a complete idiot. But those things do happen. Don't give too much attention to it. Don't have the TV cameras go on the guys, and don't give them any publicity because that's what they want," Shanahan said.

"I just wish some guy would just haul off one time and just run a guy over. One of our players just go and give him a forearm. It would never happen again, (although) you might get sued," Shanahan said.

Reminded that Baltimore Colts middle linebacker Mike "Mad Dog" Curtis in the early 1970s took out a fan who ran onto the field and grabbed the football, Shanahan said: "How come that doesn't surprise me?"

The Broncos and Raiders had their chance to do the same thing Sunday but none did.

"I think guys just look at them and they shake their head. I guess that's what too much alcohol does to some of these people," Shanahan said.

One of them got near safety Marquand Manuel's legs before being taken down by stadium security.

"You know what, I did see something happen. I looked at it real quickly. It wasn't on film. But I think if he would have hit Marquand, Marquand would have responded," Shanahan said.

And now for the BCS, which President-elect Barack Obama also isn't a big fan of:

"I'm a playoff system guy," Shanahan said. "I just, I hate those computers. I don't know how they can really justify who's the national champion unless they do it on the field. It doesn't make any sense to me.

"I understand why they do it because I understand where they're at financially. They want half the people to win games at the end of the season," Shanahan said. "Everybody goes to a bowl, so I've always thought there was some way where they could work it out so they could have a playoff system."

With that, Shanahan held his right fist up and added: "Me and Barack!"

So, finally, something that the conservative Shanahan and the Democratic president-elect can agree on.

REINFORCEMENTS COMING: Shanahan said linebackers D.J. Williams and Nate Webster, who have been out with knee injuries, should return Sunday when the Broncos face the surging New York Jets (8-3).

Cornerback Champ Bailey (groin) also might end his month's stay on the sideline. He has practiced for the last two weeks but wasn't quite ready to return to action.

"Well, obviously this week's better than last week. He wasn't able to go. Felt like if we put him out there, he might set himself back. So, we just kind of wait and see," Shanahan said.

Webster's replacement, rookie Spencer Larsen, twisted an ankle Sunday but said it won't keep him out.

Shanahan said safety Marlon McCree (ankle) probably needs "a couple more weeks."

McCree was originally replaced by Calvin Lowry, but Roderick Rodgers got the start Sunday.

"Well, (we wanted) a little bit more speed back there. Wanted to give him a chance to show what he could do, former corner that's got some good ball skills. We wanted to give him a chance," Shanahan said.

And how did he do?

"Well, did not play as good as I was hoping he would play," Shanahan said.

So, it could be back to the drawing board in the shuffled secondary.

"What we're trying to do is try to find the right combination. We've got some guys that have some playing time and obviously Lowry and (Vernon) Fox, obviously we don't have a lot of playing time with Roderick Rodgers. But he has played the cornerback position. And with that game plan, we thought he could play well in center field," Shanahan said.

Lowry had replaced McCree even before McCree got hurt, so just what is Shanahan looking for there?

"Just a difference maker. A difference maker at the safety position (to) support the run and also cover the pass," Shanahan said. "Those guys are hard to find, so we'll keep on giving guys those opportunities until one of them steps up and takes it ..."

The Broncos thought they had their answer in Hamza Abdullah, but he wasn't healthy during camp and had a falling out with Shanahan. He was waived and signed with Cleveland, where he's a backup.

"Hamza got hurt and obviously lost his opportunity. He wanted an opportunity to start, so we released him," Shanahan said.

CUTLER'S COOL: Quarterback Jay Cutler has now started 32 games, the equivalent of two full seasons, and he's 15-17.

He has 19 TD passes and a dozen interceptions this season. He's had long stretches of brilliance and long stretches of scuffling.

"Well, I think he's been very good overall," Shanahan said. "He's in his third year, he's got a good feel for defenses, he knows when he plays well, and he knows when he plays poorly. The decisions that he makes are an ongoing process for a quarterback.

"The thing that I love about him is he is a great competitor. Anytime you're quarterback has enough pride to go down there and knock those safeties down in Atlanta and the second time the guy hits the ground, he doesn't want anything to do with your quarterback, you know the guy's made of the right stuff. And that's the guy you want leading your football team," Shanahan said.

"There's always going to be growing pains ... but that's part of the learning process. But he loves to compete, and if you've got a competitor on your hands then you got a chance to do something special."

broncofaninfla
11-25-2008, 04:03 PM
"REINFORCEMENTS COMING: Shanahan said linebackers D.J. Williams and Nate Webster, who have been out with knee injuries, should return Sunday when the Broncos face the surging New York Jets (8-3).

Cornerback Champ Bailey (groin) also might end his month's stay on the sideline. He has practiced for the last two weeks but wasn't quite ready to return to action.

"Well, obviously this week's better than last week. He wasn't able to go. Felt like if we put him out there, he might set himself back. So, we just kind of wait and see," Shanahan said.

Webster's replacement, rookie Spencer Larsen, twisted an ankle Sunday but said it won't keep him out."

I hope this doesn't mean that Webster is starting at MLB this week.

Simple Jaded
11-25-2008, 06:48 PM
I am a Broncos fan who lives in Florida and has to travel to see games in person. I’ve been doing so for over 20 years. That has exposed me to different fan bases around the country. Some are better than others, some are down right awful. Our fans are as good as any out there and definitely better than most. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t have any experience with Denver fans in Denver at a game because I haven’t been privy to see a home game in Denver yet BUT the fans I do meet around the country have ALL been great fans and do go the extra mile to travel and support their team. Travel isn’t cheap nor is the apparel worn to show support for the team but I gladly pay it to show support for my team and will continue. I do my part as a fan and expect the same from my team. As far as “lacking the sophistication and insight to know things like good play-calling and effort when they see it” please explain the parallel between me spending money and my understanding of football or do one even better and explain all of the “great play calling” that Bates was doing this past Sunday against Oakland. Like any fans, we get frustrated when things aren’t going good. The blows out losses frustrate me and I’m guessing that’s why you come across so angry. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and thank you for your opinion and hope you can show more class to your future responses to me and the other people who enjoy reading and posting on this great site.

I think Broncos fans are just as weak and whiny as any other fan base, if that makes me classless I guess I'll just have to learn to live with that.......but it won't change how I post, so don't hold your breath. No benefit of the doubt needed.......it's the fans that make me come across as angry.

As far as the play-calling goes, I'm not the one complaining about it nor do I claim to be an expert on play-calling. Play-calling is where I draw the line when pretending to know what I'm talking about. To each his own, I guess.

The parallel being if you actually knew what you were talking about it'd manifest itself into something more insightful than how much money you spend on this team.......

Lonestar
11-25-2008, 06:49 PM
"REINFORCEMENTS COMING: Shanahan said linebackers D.J. Williams and Nate Webster, who have been out with knee injuries, should return Sunday when the Broncos face the surging New York Jets (8-3).

Webster's replacement, rookie Spencer Larsen, twisted an ankle Sunday but said it won't keep him out."

I hope this doesn't mean that Webster is starting at MLB this week.

that about sums it up unless he is out of football shape which mikey will know by friday..