PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos vs. the Bretts

Shazam!
11-23-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm as pissed off as any other Broncos fan, but it's time to think ahead. It's time to put this AWFUL Sunday behind us and look ahead to next week. I agree this is no Playoff-quality team, and if they make the Playoffs by playing in the worst Division in the AFC, they would be the worst Broncos postseason team we've ever seen. But making the Playoffs would give the youth and staff something to build on in 2009. It's amazing that it is possible the Broncos can even be considered a playoff team, let alone an 8-8 team can win the AFCW this season.

Indy has just beaten SD 23-20. We are all pissed but let us imagine how the SD fans feel for a minute?

Denver is still up by 2 games with 5 to go. SD plays Atlanta next week in a game I believe they can win, but Atlanta is no slouch. I expect Turner to have a big game in his old house too.

If Denver can somehow beat the NY Bretts next Sunday at Giants Stadium, we will all quickly forget how we felt after this meltdown today at this time next week.

After all is said and done, Champ should be back next week but I don't know what he will bring into the game.

I knew the Bretts would beat Tennessee. At 10-0 they weren't going undefeated. I think it's good the Bretts won, hopefully that will help Denver, and maybe they would take the Broncos for granted (like Denver may have did with the Raiders today.)

The Bretts have won 7 out of 8 and are due for a loss. Can the Broncos deliver it, bouncing back from an embarassing loss to the second worst team in the Conference?

Jeff Fisher is a good friend of Shanahan. I expect a call from Shanahan tomorrow to Fisher asking for flaws he saw in the Bretts that he could exploit.

Northman
11-23-2008, 11:35 PM
I wont rule anything out as we werent picked to beat Atl either. But, the Jets are playing probably the best football right now in the AFC. Lets hope we come out a little better prepared than today.

Shazam!
11-23-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree the Jets are a team playing great, but anyone can win any week. I wouldn't be shocked if the Broncos won.

They hung with Farve's Packers on MNF last year who was a game from the Super Bowl.

BroncoTech
11-23-2008, 11:53 PM
It all depends if Jay Cuttler or his evil twin Jake Cuttler shows up next week. Maybe we can help the kid out by calling a routes less than 50 yards.

Foochacho
11-23-2008, 11:59 PM
If brett favre beats us in overtime again on the first play I will throw my tv out the window. And that won't be easy since it bigger than my window, but I will be pissed enough to accomplish it.

Day1BroncoFan
11-24-2008, 12:01 AM
I will hope deep within that we will win. I will be expecting a lose.

Of course, this is the kind of game we may win.

Magnificent Seven
11-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Well. Today, Marshall and Royal were off. They didn't catch well. There were some deficit thinking on offense. See below.

1. Darrell Jackson caught a ball and he was on his way to touchdown zone. However, he didn't score a touchdown. Know why? He kept looking back and looking back while he was running. He should stayed looking straightforward. He was not thinking right.

2. Hillis has fumbled a huge time at the touchdown zone.

3. Prater missed 2 FGs.

4. Special team- They didn't tackle # 15 Johnnie Higgins

5. Brandon Marshall kept dropping some balls.

6. Where is Cutler to Royal scene????? None!

7. Why they didn't let Jack Williams and Chad Jackson play???? I am damn sure they would help to win the game!

Magnificent Seven
11-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Well. Today, Marshall and Royal were off. They didn't catch well. There were some deficit thinking on offense. See below.

1. Darrell Jackson caught a ball and he was on his way to touchdown zone. However, he didn't score a touchdown. Know why? He kept looking back and looking back while he was running. He should stayed looking straightforward. He was not thinking right.

3. Prater missed 2 FGs.

7. Why they didn't let Jack Williams and Chad Jackson play???? I am damn sure they would help to win the game!

Magnificent Seven
11-24-2008, 12:19 AM
They MUST WIN over Jets after Turkey Day! Playoff or Bust!

Reidman
11-24-2008, 12:22 AM
We couldn't hang with lowly Oakland in our own house....I have no reason to
believe we will even keep it close against the Jets at theirs....

That being said, hope everybody pulls out the mojo because we will definitely need it...

SR
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
I picked against the Broncos the two weeks before this one and they won. This week I picked the Broncos and they lose. I will say the Jets will whoop us.

Day1BroncoFan
11-24-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't think we have much of a chance to win myself but I always pick the Broncos.

They were pretty solid today from the highlights I seen.

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm as pissed off as any other Broncos fan, but it's time to think ahead. It's time to put this AWFUL Sunday behind us and look ahead to next week. I agree this is no Playoff-quality team, and if they make the Playoffs by playing in the worst Division in the AFC, they would be the worst Broncos postseason team we've ever seen. But making the Playoffs would give the youth and staff something to build on in 2009. It's amazing that it is possible the Broncos can even be considered a playoff team, let alone an 8-8 team can win the AFCW this season.

Indy has just beaten SD 23-20. We are all pissed but let us imagine how the SD fans feel for a minute?

Denver is still up by 2 games with 5 to go. SD plays Atlanta next week in a game I believe they can win, but Atlanta is no slouch. I expect Turner to have a big game in his old house too.

If Denver can somehow beat the NY Bretts next Sunday at Giants Stadium, we will all quickly forget how we felt after this meltdown today at this time next week.

After all is said and done, Champ should be back next week but I don't know what he will bring into the game.

I knew the Bretts would beat Tennessee. At 10-0 they weren't going undefeated. I think it's good the Bretts won, hopefully that will help Denver, and maybe they would take the Broncos for granted (like Denver may have did with the Raiders today.)

The Bretts have won 7 out of 8 and are due for a loss. Can the Broncos deliver it, bouncing back from an embarassing loss to the second worst team in the Conference?

Jeff Fisher is a good friend of Shanahan. I expect a call from Shanahan tomorrow to Fisher asking for flaws he saw in the Bretts that he could exploit.

NO:salute:

every part of our game today had huge flaws in it..
played well sucked,
played well sucked worse..
repeat rinse..

the calls on O were some of the most desparate I have seen to date this year..

allowing perhaps the worst QB in the league to look like an All PRO tonite is beyond my comprehension..

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 01:26 AM

3. Prater missed 2 FGs.

according to NFL.com it was a cutler fumble Now I did not see it as I was trying to find a stream but Jay got the credit for the fumble..

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I am optimistic in thinking they can be embarassed by their play, and inspire them to perform well on the road in a tough place against a good team.

sneakers
11-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Our defense might actually have a chance to get some interceptions next week. :happy:

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Our defense might actually have a chance to get some interceptions next week. :happy:

aha aha aha aha aha unlikey they will get any pressure on him.. aha aha aha aha aha

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 01:37 AM
They'd have to send at least 6 guys on every Down to get pressure...

With Denver's pathetic DLine, I can't understand why they don't do that game in and game out actually. They'd get burned plenty, but they'd also get some too. It's a trade-off.

sneakers
11-24-2008, 02:45 AM
aha aha aha aha aha unlikey they will get any pressure on him.. aha aha aha aha aha

C'mon, he's got 301 career interceptions!!!!

If you were to take letters from his name (middle name included), you can spell "Interception"

Yes, Brett Favre's middle name is "Incepion", I believe that means "the Ill-advised one" in Spanish.

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 09:30 AM
At times we are good enough to beat anybody in the league and bad enough to lose to anybody in the league. We are PUTRID against bad teams so I’m hoping we can be competitive enough to pull off an upset against the Jet’s. Regardless I’ll watch and support the team.

BroncoJoe
11-24-2008, 09:41 AM
I agree the Jets are a team playing great, but anyone can win any week. I wouldn't be shocked if the Broncos won.

They hung with Farve's Packers on MNF last year who was a game from the Super Bowl.

Yeah, but you thought McCain had a chance too.... :heh:

just kidding, dude.

Traveler
11-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Is it me or does Jay's game get worse seem when he feels officials make seeingly bad or non-existient calls? It's like he doesn't let it go and presses even more.

If things continue to form, Sundays game should be closer than expected. Denver has this habit of playing to the level of it's opponent. That said, I'll still predict a loss to the Jets.

Randy Cross mentioned that our inconsistency had alot to do with the number of younger players in starting positions. Can't agree with that since we were worse (on defense) when all our regulars were healthy.

With the exception of DJ & Champ retuning to the lineup, it's about that time of the season when we find out what Dumervil, Moss, Crowder, Barrett, Rogers, Woodyard, Larsen, and JMFW will bring to us long term.

Shazam!
11-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Usually after an embarassing loss the Broncos step up the next week.

Just play competitive and as if you have an interest in WANTING to win the game.