PDA

View Full Version : Orton will be traded this weekend

lgenf
08-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Nothing on the wires yet, but I am watching the fins play and so far Henne has three series under his belt

First began/ended with henne throwing a ball a little behind the TE which got tipped and intercepted

Second series was three and out which included a pass 20 yds beyond the receiver

Third series was another interception

The Dolphins are going to pay whatever he wants this weekend

Mark My Words - this trade is happening this weekend

Northman
08-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Thats not funny dude, i got all excited.

camdisco24
08-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Doubt it. Orton will be the man this season. Wish I was wrong, but reading Fox's comments and based on his past... The Fins are suck with Henne. Sucks for them, I'd rather have Orton too. haha

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please Please please please please please please please please please please

lgenf
08-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Thats not funny dude, i got all excited.

Dude I ain't joking, the fins fans already were booing Henne in practice

Now that his two options seem to be throw it to no one or throw it to the other team, he's got no chance here

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 07:39 PM
It would be the only way we get any value from Kyle...

we certainly cant count on getting any value from him in the red zone.

Tned
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Miami beat reporter:

RT @ArmandoSalguero QB stats vs. No. 1 defenses: Henne 1 of 4, 5 yds. 2 INTs. 0 TD passes or drives.

Northman
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Man, those are bad stats. lol

lgenf
08-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Well on the fourth series with blown coverage Henne threw a TD to Hartline, so maybe they keep him and Orton stays

I really wouldn't be surprised if the trade happens this weekend the fins really have nothing in Henne

Lancane
08-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Miami beat reporter:

:rofl: Oh that just sucks!

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Nothing on the wires yet, but I am watching the fins play and so far Henne has three series under his belt

First began/ended with henne throwing a ball a little behind the TE which got tipped and intercepted

Second series was three and out which included a pass 20 yds beyond the receiver

Third series was another interception

The Dolphins are going to pay whatever he wants this weekend

Mark My Words - this trade is happening this weekend

Promise?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2011, 08:27 PM
They'll take a long look at Moore first. I'm inclined to think the Broncos will keep their word to Kyle and keep him off the trade block for the year.

lgenf
08-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Guys I love T2 and want to see him succeed, probably more than most and I know way more than some on this forum, but holy crap Henne sucks for someone this far into their career, in fact he sucks for someone that is a rookie

The fins might be calling dove valley right now, is there anyone to answer the phones right now?

lgenf
08-12-2011, 08:29 PM
They'll take a long look at Moore first. I'm inclined to think the Broncos will keep their word to Kyle and keep him off the trade block for the year.

Well they aren't getting anything for him at the end of the year, so........

Northman
08-12-2011, 08:31 PM

Did they make a statement to Kyle they wouldnt trade him this year? I dont remember reading that anywhere.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Well they aren't getting anything for him at the end of the year, so........

You don't have to explain that to me.......I've made up my mind. I'm just telling you what I think the Broncos will do.

Taking risks on playmaking QB's is a completely foreign concept to Fox. Fox probably has night mares about Tebow scrambling and hearing the home crowd chant Tebow's name.

lgenf
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
well moore is looking all pro against the 3rd stringers ATL has out there on D right now so they may just promote him by the end of the pre-season

G_Money
08-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Taking risks on playmaking QB's is a completely foreign concept to Fox. Fox probably has night mares about Tebow scrambling and hearing the home crowd chant Tebow's name.

We are talking about the same Fox who went with a QB capable of throwing 5 INTs and losing a fumble all in one playoff game, right? And kept running him out there year after year? Fox might love a running game but he hasn't really spent a lot of his career with game-manager QBs either.

~G

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
We are talking about the same Fox who went with a QB capable of throwing 5 INTs and losing a fumble all in one playoff game, right? And kept running him out there year after year? Fox might love a running game but he hasn't really spent a lot of his career with game-manager QBs either.

~G

Uh, game managers can make bad decisions too. I don't know if I've ever heard anyone accuse Delhomme of being a gunslinger.

Delhomme was the embodiment of a game manager. He was just really bad at it the last few years.

G_Money
08-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Delhomme had a .81 INT/TD rate. Jay Cutler has a better one at .76. Orton has a .67.

Jake made LOTS of mistakes, which is the #1 trait of NOT being a game manager.

Now, Trent Dilfer threw more career INTs than TDs, and people called him a game manager for some reason.

I guess it depends how you define the term. Delhomme did dumb things with the ball. He was about as accurate as you'd expect Tebow to be (58-60%) if things work out for Timmy, and threw the ball about as often as we'd want him to throw it.

In other words, Fox knows exactly how to run a team with an offense like the one Tebow is aiming to provide. Now maybe since he got fired from that team eventually and never managed to win a Super Bowl with it he'll try a different sort of offense.

But I don't think Fox is AFRAID of the sort of drawbacks a QB like Tebow would bring, and since Tebow has some advantages that Delhomme didn't...I can't see it being completely unpalatable to him.

~G

bcbronc
08-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Maybe Miami would have an interest in bringing Tebow home? Probably wouldn't get the same return as Orton though.

Probably not - guess, Miami probably would want someone that's actually a better QB than Henne...unless they decided to go Wildcat crazy...

xzn
08-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Delhomme had a .81 INT/TD rate. Jay Cutler has a better one at .76. Orton has a .67.

Now, Trent Dilfer threw more career INTs than TDs, and people called him a game manager for some reason.

I guess it depends how you define the term. Delhomme did dumb things with the ball. He was about as accurate as you'd expect Tebow to be (58-60%) if things work out for Timmy, and threw the ball about as often as we'd want him to throw it.

In other words, Fox knows exactly how to run a team with an offense like the one Tebow is aiming to provide. Now maybe since he got fired from that team eventually and never managed to win a Super Bowl with it he'll try a different sort of offense.

But I don't think Fox is AFRAID of the sort of drawbacks a QB like Tebow would bring, and since Tebow has some advantages that Delhomme didn't...I can't see it being completely unpalatable to him.

~G

Well said, flim-flam artist. :salute:

Northman
08-12-2011, 09:26 PM

Thats because after watching him first hand with the Ravens in 2000 he wasnt allowed to get crazy. Billick wanted him to stay in a confined offense and allow the defense to dictate and carry the load.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2011, 09:32 PM

~G

That makes perfect sense, but I'm just not sure Fox will subscribe to it.

....for clarification. I said Delhomme was a game manager. I didn't say he was a good one. :laugh:

G_Money
08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Thats because after watching him first hand with the Ravens in 2000 he wasnt allowed to get crazy. Billick wanted him to stay in a confined offense and allow the defense to dictate and carry the load.

And he still threw basically the same number of TDs and INTs in his 8 regular season games for the Ravens, and his passer rating was pretty bad. Tony Banks was even worse. As AW4M says, being called a game manager doesn't make you a good one. Thank God they had one of the greatest defenses ever witnessed.

~G

underrated29
08-12-2011, 09:53 PM
If this happens I will kiss you.

Canmore
08-12-2011, 09:57 PM
If this happens I will kiss you.

Don't pucker up and hold your breath. :laugh:

Dreadnought
08-12-2011, 09:59 PM

~G

Agreed. When DelHomme was on top of his game he was a bomber, not a "game manager." He's never been all that high in comp. percentage, but always pretty solid in YPA and YPC - he led the NFL in YPC in 2008. Not afraid to take a shot, and not terrified of throwing the odd pick. Its why I have always kind of liked him. He's been washed up for a couple of years, but he was an above average QB in the mid part of the last decade - much unlike and much superior to Orton IMO.

Not a dink n' dunk conservative "game manager"

BroncoStud
08-12-2011, 10:47 PM
What if it's Tebow that gets traded to Miami this weekend?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2011, 11:16 PM
What if it's Tebow that gets traded to Miami this weekend?

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii372/Gloria2931/london-riots-tottenham-august-2011.jpg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z339/tripbsa/bp17.jpg

Sinthor
08-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Wow, if that could only happen. I know Michael Lombardi said he had "from sources" that Orton wouldn't be traded this year, but who knows. That hasn't been reported anywhere else that I've seen.

As for Matt Moore..he did just ok against the #3's and below during that game. Miami HAS to be second guessing that decision tonight. Frankly, after seeing Henne tonight and Moore last year, I think Miami should call and BEG for Orton. That would be the best case for the Broncos I believe. As it is, at some point this season Tebow will be starting anyway. It will just cost the Broncos more now because they'll get nothing for Orton. There's no way they'd extend Orton for his current salary or close and Orton probably won't take much less to stay after what's gone on. He seems to believe he'll have a stellar year and have teams lining up with their checkbooks for next year. For his sake I hope so. I don't have anything against Orton and think he's a decent quarterback, good even if he has the right situation. But the best thing for this team was to unload him and get some value while allowing them the latitude to develop Tebow. As it is, if they start Tebow and struggle, they'd HAVE to roll back to Orton, which you don't want to do. With Orton gone, they'd have been able to commit and develop Tebow to see if he'd improve and be "the guy" or crash and burn allowing them to move on.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Claussen and Newton look this weekend. I think Newton is going to be very disappointing with his arm but still do a lot of damage with his athleticism. We'll see though. If he turns out to be great, Carolina's staff is going to look to be geniuses. But I wonder what happens if Claussen is the guy all year?

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 12:50 AM
After re-watching the game, I am honeslty surprised that the media in this town are so Pro Orton and Anti Tebow. People point out that Orton made a great read on that throw to Decker. That was a routine play that a 7th year vet SHOULD make.

I saw a guy who had his first pass tipped. Orton clearly saw Ware/Spears (don't recall) and still threw the damn ball. No pump fake to get him in the air, no next read, just throw it right at the defender. The guy looked like he always has. I would expect to see him improve even if he is going into his 8th year. Yet we see the same old Orton.

Finally, every excuse I hear made for Orton isnt granted for Tebow and it makes me sick. For example, Mike Evans (classic McMoron lover) gushed about how people should consider it a success that on the first drive, in the first preseason game, with a rusty O and new D Orton managed a FG. Sorry! I am not impressed especially when the guy audibled to a fade to Lloyd at the goalline despite the running game getting them there. I am not impressed when that same logic isn't granted to Tebow/Quinn.

Orton wont be the starter of this team by week 4.

DenBronx
08-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Henne is terrible! The Dolphins need to pull their heads out of their asses but something tells me they preparing for a below average team. Basically setting Sporano up for a fail and a reason to fire him at the end of the season. Then they would be in a prime position to draft a QB early in the draft and I think that's deep down what they want.

With the way Quinn has been playing I would think the Broncos would feel comfortable with the Tebow/Quinn battle and bring in Delhomme as a mentor for the two. I'm sure Fox would have no problem with that. And I would love to see Tebow play a full season.

bcbronc
08-13-2011, 02:45 AM
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii372/Gloria2931/london-riots-tottenham-august-2011.jpg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z339/tripbsa/bp17.jpg

OT but as a Vancouverite, I have to say them English know how to throw a riot!

bcbronc
08-13-2011, 02:55 AM
After re-watching the game, I am honeslty surprised that the media in this town are so Pro Orton and Anti Tebow. People point out that Orton made a great read on that throw to Decker.

I saw a guy who had his first pass tipped. Orton clearly saw Ware/Spears (don't recall) and still threw the damn ball. No pump fake to get him in the air, no next read, just throw it right at the defender. The guy looked like he always has. I would expect to see him improve even if he is going into his 8th year.

dude, on that play a pump fake = pic six. There is no other read. It's all timing hut-set-throw. DWare is a pretty good player and read the play.

Finally, every excuse I hear made for Orton isnt granted for Tebow and it makes me sick. For example, Mike Evans (classic McMoron lover) gushed about how people should consider it a success that on the first drive, in the first preseason game, with a rusty O and new D Orton managed a FG. Sorry! I am not impressed especially when the guy audibled to a fade to Lloyd.

you know this how?

people saying the Fins are suddenly going to pay a kind's ransom for Orton...why do the Dolphins do this? Sure they kicked the tires, but Orton doesn't make Miami a SuperBowl contender. Adding Orton could end up being a very un-Luck-y move for Miami to make.

hamrob
08-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I think the only reason that Miami would want Orton, would be if they want to be competetive this year. Otherwise they will be pathetic.

Playing Henne/Moore all year may distance themselves from their fan base. Perhaps even causing them to lose a ton of $ in concessions, tickets etc.

Not trying to get a QB, means that they are fine with finishing with less than 5 wins and an automatic ticket to the Luck sweepstakes!

Nomad
08-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I believe Cincy will be worse than Miami. We'll see what Buffalo has to offer as well. BRONCOS will be about 6 or 7 in the draft next year.

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 10:32 AM
I think the only reason that Miami would want Orton, would be if they want to be competetive this year. Otherwise they will be pathetic.

Playing Henne/Moore all year may distance themselves from their fan base. Perhaps even causing them to lose a ton of $ in concessions, tickets etc.

Not trying to get a QB, means that they are fine with finishing with less than 5 wins and an automatic ticket to the Luck sweepstakes!

The problem is they obviously don't see Orton as a guy who makes them that much better. I think they even said sokething similar. It became pretty clear what people in the NFL thought of Orton as a QB solution when he barely merrited a sniff when on the trade block.

Yay for us now we're stuck with a below average starter and ???'s galore at the QB position for the future.

We will draft a QB in the firat round next year I would bet a week's pay on it.

Northman
08-13-2011, 10:50 AM
I didnt see Henne's other Int but one of his was right in the hands of the receiver and bounced out. Looking at his numbers and based off that one fubar by the wr i wouldnt say he looked that bad. But, i havent seen the entire game either.

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 11:16 AM
dude, on that play a pump fake = pic six. There is no other read. It's all timing hut-set-throw. DWare is a pretty good player and read the play.

A pump fake equals a pick 6? :confused: How does the ball even get picked in a pump fake when you don't throw it? :confused: Honestly, I am surprised it wasn't picked. The point I am making is Orton threw the ball despite the defender being in his face. He saw him and still threw it when CLEALRY there was no chance a play could be made-for the O anyway. You see, we hear how Orton is so polished and so much better that he lives to see the next play but this play speaks against that. I would expect more from a vet like Orton. Again, you go to your next read, you tuck and run, or you throw it away BUT NOT at the defender's bread basket.

you know this how?

It was easy to see watching the game not to mention discussed thoroughly on both sports radio stations here yesterday.

d
people saying the Fins are suddenly going to pay a king's ransom for Orton...why do the Dolphins do this? Sure they kicked the tires, but Orton doesn't make Miami a SuperBowl contender. Adding Orton could end up being a very un-Luck-y move for Miami to make.

Agreed. The Dolphins wont make a move for Orton. If it was going to happen, they would have done it by now.

vettesplus
08-13-2011, 11:32 AM
so , if we deal orton who will lead this team? tebow???:lol::lol::lol::lol:

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Why would that be so hard to comprehend? :confused: Most feel he led the team admirably for 3 games to finish the season.

Besides, the QB doesn't always have to be the leader of the team i.e. Ray Lewis. There are plenty of vets on this team (Dawk, Champ, DJ, etc...) that should be able to provide the necessary leadership.

Finally, Orton isn't much of a leader so your point isn't really valid anyway.

Bugs Baloney
08-13-2011, 02:41 PM

Kyle, we know it's you! Go Away :mad:

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Doubt it. Orton will be the man this season. Wish I was wrong, but reading Fox's comments and based on his past... The Fins are suck with Henne. Sucks for them, I'd rather have Orton too. haha

If the Dolphins offer up the right kind of deal then Elway might not be so quick to turn it down. It would have to be the kind of deal you can't refuse but I don't see the Dolphins making that kind an of offer.

lgenf
08-13-2011, 05:33 PM
If the Dolphins offer up the right kind of deal then Elway might not be so quick to turn it down. It would have to be the kind of deal you can't refuse but I don't see the Dolphins making that kind an of offer.

from my understanding of the situation, the Fins and Broncos didn't have any trouble coming to agreement on the trade

the trade fell apart b/c of one thing only

since Orton is in the last year of his deal/extension he needs to re-sign with Denver for an extended contract (but that negotiation is with Miami since they are the ones paying and extending the years) sign and trade

Since Orton and Miami could not agree on $$$ and years or one or the other, the deal could not get done. Orton either wanted too much $$ or years, or both.

so the deal caved - don't think it was Miami and Denver not coming to terms

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 05:36 PM
After re-watching the game, I am honeslty surprised that the media in this town are so Pro Orton and Anti Tebow. People point out that Orton made a great read on that throw to Decker. That was a routine play that a 7th year vet SHOULD make.

I saw a guy who had his first pass tipped. Orton clearly saw Ware/Spears (don't recall) and still threw the damn ball. No pump fake to get him in the air, no next read, just throw it right at the defender. The guy looked like he always has. I would expect to see him improve even if he is going into his 8th year. Yet we see the same old Orton.

Finally, every excuse I hear made for Orton isnt granted for Tebow and it makes me sick. For example, Mike Evans (classic McMoron lover) gushed about how people should consider it a success that on the first drive, in the first preseason game, with a rusty O and new D Orton managed a FG. Sorry! I am not impressed especially when the guy audibled to a fade to Lloyd at the goalline despite the running game getting them there. I am not impressed when that same logic isn't granted to Tebow/Quinn.

Orton wont be the starter of this team by week 4.

If you're talking about Orton's very first pass of the game that was Ware that batted it down.

PAINTERDAVE
08-13-2011, 06:51 PM
from my understanding of the situation, the Fins and Broncos didn't have any trouble coming to agreement on the trade

the trade fell apart b/c of one thing only

since Orton is in the last year of his deal/extension he needs to re-sign with Denver for an extended contract (but that negotiation is with Miami since they are the ones paying and extending the years) sign and trade

Since Orton and Miami could not agree on $$$ and years or one or the other, the deal could not get done. Orton either wanted too much $$ or years, or both.

so the deal caved - don't think it was Miami and Denver not coming to terms

Yeah.. word is that Kyle has such an inflated idea
about what he is gonna be worth come January 2012..
that he simply wanted the deal he has now...
and then dreams of a big rush of teams knocking on his door.
It is all about the business to Kyle.. no Bronco love for us has he.

Word on the radio shows around town...
Sandy Clough in particular...
is that Kyle wants a 4 to 6 year deal at 10 million bucks a year.

If I was EFX... I would bench the SOB as soon as we lose 3 games.
(Tebow or Quinn needs the experience.. I dont care which.)

I see NO REASON to waste valuable Bronco QB time
allowing this mediocre loser to showcase his ability between the 20's...
and lack of ability in the redzone....
just so he can go cash in somewhere else.

Seriously... I doubt many teams will even be interested in Captain Mediocrity.

When he requested the trade .. we all heard crickets chirping...
except for Miami...

That says a lot.

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 06:56 PM

No kidding, if we got rid of Orton where in the world could we find someone who could lead us to 3 wins?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-13-2011, 08:26 PM
No kidding, if we got rid of Orton where in the world could we find someone who could lead us to 3 wins?

We could start with an add on craigslist. :laugh:

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 08:28 PM
We could start with an add on craigslist. :laugh:

:lol:

We might want to try Angie's List as well. We might as well cover all our bases. :lol:

Clipworthy
08-13-2011, 09:42 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x166/MasterKent/131300866486304-3.png

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 09:44 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x166/MasterKent/131300866486304-3.png

Funny stuff. :laugh:

jhildebrand
08-14-2011, 05:38 PM
If you're talking about Orton's very first pass of the game that was Ware that batted it down.

I was pretty sure it was ware. I still cant fathom why Orton, who clearly saw Ware simply threw the ball-forcing the play. That play is the epitome of KO.

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
What happened? Was Orton traded?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2011, 12:51 PM
What happened? Was Orton traded?

Yes, multiple times in fantasy football.

slim
08-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Worst thread ever.

Northman
08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Yes, multiple times in fantasy football.

Not what i heard, i heard a guy kept drafting him #1 in his leagues. Goes by the name Topcycle or something of that nature.

Sinthor
08-15-2011, 10:54 PM
This SOOO needed to happen. Miami is definitely in the hunt for the Luck sweepstakes. Assuming he doesn't have a human season like Locker did.

bcbronc
08-15-2011, 11:44 PM
I was pretty sure it was ware. I still cant fathom why Orton, who clearly saw Ware simply threw the ball-forcing the play. That play is the epitome of KO.

you don't really understand how a WR screen works, do you?