PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos have to trade Kyle Cancer.

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Seriously, as revealing as some of his comments were last year, he's recently made some comments that indicate it's even worse than thought. The guy's not a leader. He's all about himself. He's a cancer to the team. He needs to be gone. And he's not even that good anyway.

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately we're stuck with the slug. We can take solace in the fact that hes stuck with us as well.

Northman
08-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Well, as average a QB as i think Orton is i dont think he is a cancer. At least not in the mold of Owens or the like. I really dont have a problem with his comments, most of it is probably out of frustration from trying to please everybody. But, i would love to be able to move on from having him as our starter. I would prefer to see what Tebow has, or even Quinn at this point.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Seriously, as revealing as some of his comments were last year, he's recently made some comments that indicate it's even worse than thought. The guy's not a leader. He's all about himself. He's a cancer to the team. He needs to be gone. And he's not even that good anyway.

Links or ****

NightTrainLayne
08-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Patience. We must all exercise patience.

At this point, there's no need to rush that decision. The team tried to move him, and the deal couldn't be made. But. . .the team wasn't going to discount him too much. They're going to get a good value for him at some point, and I'm fine with that.

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Well, as average a QB as i think Orton is i dont think he is a cancer. At least not in the mold of Owens or the like. I really dont have a problem with his comments, most of it is probably out of frustration from trying to please everybody. But, i would love to be able to move on from having him as our starter. I would prefer to see what Tebow has, or even Quinn at this point.

He said he wouldn't be a backup and said if he is, to not count on him helping anyone try to be successful. How is that not being a cancer?

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 04:55 PM
He said he wouldn't be a backup and said if he is to not count on him helping anyone try to be successful. How is that not being a cancer?

Sounds like theres a lot of hesaid/shesaid in this thread.....

Northman
08-12-2011, 04:56 PM
He said he wouldn't be a backup and said if he is to not count on him helping anyone try to be successful. How is that not being a cancer?

Brett Favre did it as well but it didnt create any problems in the lockerroom. Until i hear the players are upset about the comments im not worrying about it.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 04:58 PM

he did actually say this, but I do not have the time to search for it. Maybe when I got home from work i will look into it for ya.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 04:58 PM
he's recently made some comments that indicate it's even worse than thought. .

What did he recently say?

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Brett Favre did it as well but it didnt create any problems in the lockerroom. Until i hear the players are upset about the comments im not worrying about it.

Thats the thing. Most of them will try to avoid making comments. You have some guys like Brandon Lloyd who speak out of self-interest but beyond that, you won't hear from the team.

Not only that, but you have some young players that you're trying to groom in a team focused environment. Kyle Cancer is the embodiment of selfishness.

nevcraw
08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
awesome -- going to have a thread about comments but not post the comments.

Northman
08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Thats the thing. Most of them will try to avoid making comments. You have some guys like Brandon Lloyd who speak out of self-interest but beyond that, you won't hear from the team.

Not only that, but you have some young players that you're trying to groom in a team focused environment. Kyle Cancer is the embodiment of selfishness.

lol,

Well, you may be correct but im going to hold off on my judgement of that until i hear players grumbling about it. I think its pretty apparent that Kyle isnt the leader type but we knew that already.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Pretty sure the players have never questioned Ortons character....

Northman
08-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Well, i dont know about that either. They just havent spoken about his character. But they seem to be behind him as the starter so that counts for something.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 05:08 PM

Nev, the comment about being a backup and not being a mentor was on sports radio, I'm sure someone printed the story. And the one about him not caring about the fans opinions or what not was printed everywhere. Google it, because I know Nor doesn't believe it either, but it's absolutely true.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 05:10 PM

I agree, pretty weak OP based on specualtion represented as fact.....

Well, i dont know about that either. They just havent spoken about his character. But they seem to be behind him as the starter so that counts for something.

Either way, Ortons character has never been questioned by any players on the Broncos or Bears as far as I know. I dont think anyone can come up with any proof of Orton being questioned by a player.....

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Nev, the comment about being a backup and not being a mentor was on sports radio, I'm sure someone printed the story. And the one about him not caring about the fans opinions or what not was printed everywhere. Google it, because I know Nor doesn't believe it either, but it's absolutely true.

Youve said Orton is the Broncos T.O. I dont take anything you say about Orton seriously.

The comment Orton made about pleasing the fans is his last goal was not a slight at the fans at all imo. Orton is a professional, and what fans think is beyond his control. Why would he concern himself with what fans think above his coaches or teamates.....?

Id be interested in what Orton said on that radio show.

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Youve said Orton is the Broncos T.O. I dont take anything you say about Orton seriously.

The comment Orton made about pleasing the fans is his last goal was not a slight at the fans at all imo. Orton is a professional, and what fans think is beyond his control. Why would he concern himself with what fans think above his coaches or teamates.....?

Well he wouldn't, because 80-90 percent of the fans think he's a backup QB.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Well he wouldn't, because 80-90 percent of the fans think he's a backup QB.

Which would be ANOTHER reason why players dont play to please the fans above the coaches, teamates, owners.

Northman
08-12-2011, 05:21 PM

I know what your saying and it all makes sense. The problem is even if Orton didnt want that quote to be a slight it actually comes across as one. Even though the fans have no say on who is the starter, etc no fan wants to hear a player say stuff like that. Its just the way it is and what a player says to the media is taken to heart regardless of how accurate it is. Is it his responsibility to care? Nope. But it also means that he is free game to be criticized for whatever comments he makes. Even though i havent heard him come out and say he hates the fans i havent seen him make any positive comments about the fans either.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I know what your saying and it all makes sense. The problem is even if Orton didnt want that quote to be a slight it actually comes across as one. Even though the fans have no say on who is the starter, etc no fan wants to hear a player say stuff like that. Its just the way it is and what a player says to the media is taken to heart regardless of how accurate it is. Is it his responsibility to care? Nope. But it also means that he is free game to be criticized for whatever comments he makes. Even though i havent heard him come out and say he hates the fans i havent seen him make any positive comments about the fans either.

Well I sure as hell didnt take his comments as a slight, and I have a hard time understanding those that do when taking in contex the question that was asked.....

nevcraw
08-12-2011, 05:28 PM

Oh -- thanks -- I read all that stuff.. Normally -- but I am no expert -- a thread is reffering to something that The OP refences by example in the thread to draw the reader in to make an opinion or comment.

This thread to me: "That dude is a douche for that stuff he did, you know?"

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6845029/tim-tebow-kyle-orton-denver-broncos-depth-chart

Ortons comments about fans not making decisions....

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Which would be ANOTHER reason why players dont play to please the fans above the coaches, teamates, owners.

That's fine, but I'm sure he's bitter to see all those 15's in the stands and the only #8 is someone from his family.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6845029/tim-tebow-kyle-orton-denver-broncos-depth-chart

Ortons comments about fans not making decisions....

What comment do you guys take issue with is this article, specifically if you could? Seriously, I dont see anything he said was wrong, or a slight. Pleasing the fans isnt a priority above pleasing teamates, coaches or owners. That goes for every professional football players.

That's fine, but I'm sure he's bitter to see all those 15's in the stands and the only #8 is someone from his family.

Im sure hes a professional and doesnt give a ****. This isnt a middle school popularity contest, this is the NFL.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM

I've compared him to Owens only in the matter of that he's holding the organization back and does not give his all or lead the team correctly and therein is cancerous, he cares more about securing a job and doing it mistake free then surpassing the standards and being better then he appears. Being half-assed is the same no matter who the athlete is, whether it's Orton, Cutler, Plummer, Marshall, Owens, McNabb or Thomas.

So you can take me seriously or not, I care not Nor...that is completely up to you. But what he's done and says will always be refuted and questioned in whatever context until he does more then sit down and whine like a little bitch, as he did last year when they started Tebow over him, just like what he said this year about "being a starter and not a backup". Hell, if he is so good Nor and he's without refute why did his former team give up the farm for Cutler? Why did only a couple teams look at him and only one try to even take it further only to pull out? It's because he thinks too highly of himself, isn't that a little Owenish?

We'll never see eye to eye, but maybe try to look at it objectively and you'll see other's view points on the subject.

Northman
08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
What comment do you guys take issue with is this article, specifically if you could? Seriously, I dont see anything he said was wrong, or a slight. Pleasing the fans isnt a priority above pleasing teamates, coaches or owners. That goes for every professional football players.

Im sure hes a professional and doesnt give a ****. This isnt a middle school popularity contest, this is the NFL.

Oh, im sure he cares a little bit. Every player wants to feel wanted and respected. Your kidding yourself if you dont think he really cares. Does he lose al of sleep over it? Nah, but he does care even if its just a bit.

GEM
08-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Listen to 104.3 the Fan, they play the Orton bit where he answers the mentor question with the "I know my game, I'm not a backup and I won't be a backup." It isn't made up, he said it, they play it every so often.

The article with the fan comments is on this board.

It's all came out of his mouth. That's not he said/she said. That's straight from the horse's mouth.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Listen to 104.3 the Fan, they play the Orton bit where he answers the mentor question with the "I know my game, I'm not a backup and I won't be a backup." It isn't made up, he said it, they play it every so often.

It's all came out of his mouth. That's not he said/she said. That's straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.jimrome.com/guest/orton-kyle/26597

not sure if this one has it but he has a quote about all he worries about is himself.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 05:54 PM
http://deadspin.com/5826054

look at question about backup to Tebow

Lancane
08-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh -- thanks -- I read all that stuff.. Normally -- but I am no expert -- a thread is reffering to something that The OP refences by example in the thread to draw the reader in to make an opinion or comment.

This thread to me: "That dude is a douche for that stuff he did, you know?"

I think the problem begins with the fact that Orton was never really going to get a fair shake in Denver. He reminded the fans of a trade in which a much better prospect was traded, he then had to deal with the fans wanting a franchise quarterback of their own, not a questionable veteran and booing him, the trade for Quinn and even the drafting of Tebow. It got worse at the end of the year when fans really booed him and screamed for Tebow and then the team starts Tim and he throws a fit and really looks bad. And then again he sort of goes out of his way to ensure no peace between the fans and himself with questionable comments because the booing continues.

He really hasn't done himself any favors that's for sure, I'm really surprised that he didn't take the Miami trade just to get a fresh start, but big money is big money and we know that's why he stayed.

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I dont think Orton is a cancer in the locker room, not to most players, he is a shit to the other QBs though. And, he is definitely a cancer to the fanbase. Every poll I've seen is in the 80% area as far as wanting Tebow over Orton and Quinn will isualky get 5-8% so Orton's aproval rating is hovering somewhere in the 15% range.

Bad QB play on 3rd down, in the RZ, against the blitz, and in the clutch will get noticed by fans.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 05:58 PM

Anybody who is an NFL starter would say the same thing.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Anybody who is an NFL starter would say the same thing.

Or they would say, what ever is best for the team and that they would work hard to compete for starting position.

GEM
08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
How this goes:

If you have a positive outlook on Orton, everything he says has a purpose and is ok.

If you have a negative outlook on Orton, everything he says is a jab at someone.

I have the negative outlook on Orton not because I want Tebow to start, hell I've said since the scrimmage that I don't know that Tebow is the answer. I have a negative outlook on Orton because I don't see him as the Broncos future. Is the future on this roster? I don't know. I don't like some of the things he says. I think he's average at best as a QB. I think he is absolutely atrocious in the red zone. There's just not a lot of things that I value in a QB that I see in Orton.

Am I right? Maybe. Is there a right when it's your opinion. No, because you see it the opposite. It's just my opinion.

Do I think he's a cancer? No. I just think he's a crappy QB and we could do better.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 06:13 PM
http://deadspin.com/5826054

look at question about backup to Tebow

Am I missing something here? What was wrong with this?

Could you embrace being the backup for Tim Tebow if he won the starting quarterback job? What is your relationship with Tim Tebow?

"I don't plan on being a backup. I know where my game is at and I certainly don't plan on being a backup. Listen my relationship with Tim is just like the relationships with ten wide receivers fighting for five jobs or the eight offensive lineman fighting for no jobs. I mean that is just how it is and throughout the locker-room there is competition throughout and your relationship never really goes beyond that to where I don't like this guy because I am competing with him. I've competed for 20 years of my life and you can still continue to have relationships."

?????????

Or they would say, what ever is best for the team and that they would work hard to compete for starting position.

Orton feels he should be the starter and that hes not a backup in the NFL. Theres nothing wrong with saying that.

Tned
08-12-2011, 06:16 PM

Tebow hater!! ;)

Were there any recent Orton comments?

Northman
08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Tebow hater!! ;)

Were there any recent Orton comments?

Not that i know of.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I dont think Orton is a cancer in the locker room, not to most players, he is a shit to the other QBs though. And, he is definitely a cancer to the fanbase. Every poll I've seen is in the 80% area as far as wanting Tebow over Orton and Quinn will isualky get 5-8% so Orton's aproval rating is hovering somewhere in the 15% range.

Bad QB play on 3rd down, in the RZ, against the blitz, and in the clutch will get noticed by fans.

Thats pretty stupid considering Tebow is the most hyped rookie EVER. Thats cool you got your lil poll data (which amount to zilch btw), but if your so clueless as to the reason for Orton getting around 15% other than its mostly because of TEBOW HIMSELF the the hype that surrounds him, well, then your a hater. But thats already been established. IF Orton was a probowler last year, overwhelmingly Tebow would still get the nod in every poll for very obvious reasons.

Bugs Baloney
08-12-2011, 06:30 PM

Cosigned! :salute:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
LOL!

While we're at it, can we trade Tim Tebow as well? He's a cancer too!

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Im not big on Orton. I know he isnt the future, nor do I want him to be. But fans making him out to be this selfish, horrible person are plain wrong.

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Thats pretty stupid considering Tebow is the most hyped rookie EVER. Thats cool you got your lil poll data (which amount to zilch btw), but if your so clueless as to the reason for Orton getting around 15% other than its mostly because of TEBOW HIMSELF the the hype that surrounds him, well, then your a hater. But thats already been established. IF Orton was a probowler last year, overwhelmingly Tebow would still get the nod in every poll for very obvious reasons.

Calm down bulldog. Im a Quinn guy. I want quinn to start. Do i like Tebow? Yes I do, but hes not ready to start. There are a lot of people like me out there, prople that dont like Orton and it has nothing to do with Tebow.

If wanting what's best for the Broncos long term makes me a hater I guess i am. You go ahead and keep supporting Orton, it's your right. I'll keep openly expressing my wish for him to be traded, cut, deported, arrested, abducted by aliens...............

bcbronc
08-12-2011, 06:35 PM
I disagree with the OP...in my opinion it's the Tebow Tunour that needs to be cutting out.

After that whole "my dream was grabbed away from me comment proved Tebow doesn't want to actually earn the #1 spot with his play on the field but wants all his competition shipped out of dodge. What kind of leadership is that??

Qnd then there's the way he has disrespected the fan base by not putting in the work needed to actually improve over the off-season. Too busy shiiling for Jockey and Nike I guess.

Plus his selfishness on the field hurts the team. On 3rd down instead of looking to get the ball into someone else's hands, Tebow always wants to be the hero and make the play himself. Not sure if its pure vanity. Or lack of football IQ but what makes T2 think he can take on 3 tacklers every time and get the chains to move? All the glory has to go to Tebow I guess, just like when he was in NCAA.

And you want a devisive cancer, look at what TT has done to Broncos Nation. First, we've got all these Gator fans who don't give a damn about whether the Broncos win or lose, as long as all the glory goes to their demi-god. Then you've got long-time "real" Bronco fans literally crying because the 2nd string QB isn't playing with the #1 offense. Again, who cares about the success of the TEAM, only Timmy Tumour's success matters. Sad really... :(

Yay, this si fun!

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I disagree with the OP...in my opinion it's the Tebow Tunour that needs to be cutting out.

After that whole "my dream was grabbed away from me comment proved Tebow doesn't want to actually earn the #1 spot with his play on the field but wants all his competition shipped out of dodge. What kind of leadership is that??

Qnd then there's the way he has disrespected the fan base by not putting in the work needed to actually improve over the off-season. Too busy shiiling for Jockey and Nike I guess.

Plus his selfishness on the field hurts the team. On 3rd down instead of looking to get the ball into someone else's hands, Tebow always wants to be the hero and make the play himself. Not sure if its pure vanity. Or lack of football IQ but what makes T2 think he can take on 3 tacklers every time and get the chains to move? All the glory has to go to Tebow I guess, just like when he was in NCAA.

And you want a devisive cancer, look at what TT has done to Broncos Nation. First, we've got all these Gator fans who don't give a damn about whether the Broncos win or lose, as long as all the glory goes to their demi-god. Then you've got long-time "real" Bronco fans literally crying because the 2nd string QB isn't playing with the #1 offense. Again, who cares about the success of the TEAM, only Timmy Tumour's success matters. Sad really... :(

Yay, this si fun!

Well who posted that quote from him? Tebow said that the text was take out of text and that he never wanted the job handed to him, he wants to earn it.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Calm down bulldog. Im a Quinn guy. I want quinn to start. Do i like Tebow? Yes I do, but hes not ready to start. There are a lot of people like me out there, prople that dont like Orton and it has nothing to do with Tebow.

If wanting what's best for the Broncos long term makes me a hater I guess i am. You go ahead and keep supporting Orton, it's your right. I'll keep openly expressing my wish for him to be traded, cut, deported, arrested, abducted by aliens...............

Im mean really, need I say more? Oh course I need to.

Quinn? CMON. Seriously....CMON. For reals? Last time I checked the Broncos are 0-0 and dont have to throw in their 3rd stringers to get experience......maybe I missed something living under this bridge.

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Forget Kyle's comments and all this other crap.

Kyle asked for a trade.
Kyle is a free agent in waiting.
Kyle is playing for his next contract.
Kyle is NOT the future of this team.

If we could trade Kyle...
just say another team was dumb enough to do it...
or had to because of an injury to their starter...

at least we would get SOMETHING for him.

Other wise... we GIVE Kyle a showcase for his free agency..
with our precious starting QB time in 2011...
and then he walks...
leaving us with undeveloped talent on the bench.

Right back at square one.

It simply makes no sense to me.

Are we really rebuilding? Let's rebuild.
All positions...
excluding the QB spot makes no sense.

I will give EFX credit.. they traded the mediocre one...
but he botched the deal with his unrealistic salary demands.

Kyle "Stopgap" Orton.... he is only a placeholder.

If a trade could happen.. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Problem is.. NOBODY WANTS MEDIOCRITY.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 06:45 PM

Yay, this si fun!

Well now we have both sides. But the answer is, YOUR BOTH WRONG.

Niether Tebow or Orton are selfish humanbeing and both of thier characters are unquestionable.

As far as the comment about Tebow being selfish on the field, all the greats are. The best want the ball when the pressures on and a big play is needed. Its not about being selfish, its about being confident.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Forget Kyle's comments and all this other crap.

Kyle asked for a trade.
Kyle is a free agent in waiting.
Kyle is playing for his next contract.
Kyle is NOT the future of this team.

If we could trade Kyle...
just say another team was dumb enough to do it...
or had to because of an injury to their starter...

at least we would get SOMETHING for him.

Other wise... we GIVE Kyle a showcase for his free agency..
with our precious starting QB time in 2011...
and then he walks...
leaving us with undeveloped talent on the bench.

Right back at square one.

It simply makes no sense to me.

Are we really rebuilding? Let's rebuild.
All positions...
excluding the QB spot makes no sense.

I will give EFX credit.. they traded the mediocre one...
but he botched the deal with his unrealistic salary demands.

Kyle "Stopgap" Orton.... he is only a placeholder.

If a trade could happen.. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Problem is.. NOBODY WANTS MEDIOCRITY.

Way to repeat yourself with the same thing in each thread.

Is Orton a cancer or not, and if so why? Refrain from responding in haiku format please. I save poems for when Im taking a turd.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM

Is Orton a cancer or not, and if so why? Refrain from responding in haiku format please. I save poems for when Im taking a turd.

Yes he plays for himself.....i posted that quote. It is and always will be about him and not the team.

bcbronc
08-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Well who posted that quote from him? Tebow said that the text was take out of text and that he never wanted the job handed to him, he wants to earn it.

Exactly! A real man stands up and owns what he said. You don't hear Orton whining that he was misquoted when the fanbase questions what he said. B ut Timmy Tumour runs and hides from his comments.

So far its not looking like Tebow is handling have to earn things with his play on the field too well. Hopefully he doesn't become even more of a distraction in the dressing room and in the stands.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes he plays for himself.....i posted that quote. It is and always will be about him and not the team.

All the links youve brought up in this thread are a pile of garbage. Theres nothing definitive, or anything every remotely selfish about his comments in the articles you posted.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:00 PM
All the links youve brought up in this thread are a pile of garbage. Theres nothing definitive, or anything every remotely selfish about his comments in the articles you posted.

There was the first one with the quote about he plays for himself. That sums it up right there.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Exactly! A real man stands up and owns what he said. You don't hear Orton whining that he was misquoted when the fanbase questions what he said. B ut Timmy Tumour runs and hides from his comments.

So far its not looking like Tebow is handling have to earn things with his play on the field too well. Hopefully he doesn't become even more of a distraction in the dressing room and in the stands.

TT said those were his words and they were taken out of context. He was responding to a direct question about that. He was not whinning. There is a difference between setting something straight and whinning.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 07:02 PM
There was the first one with the quote about he plays for himself. That sums it up right there.

Show us whats said so we can discuss it.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Show us whats said so we can discuss it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME......forget it...fook it. If want to have a one sided argument where I have to repeat myself and go back. Why dont you do the work and go back several pages and look at the damn thing I posted for fook sake. :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
08-12-2011, 07:05 PM

Don't kid yourself. They all play for themselves.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 07:06 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME......forget it...fook it. If want to have a one sided argument where I have to repeat myself and go back. Why dont you do the work and go back several pages and look at the damn thing I posted for fook sake. :rolleyes:

Ive read all the articles youve posted and theres nothing to them. Post the pieces that you think are selfish. Its not that hard.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Ive read all the articles youve posted and theres nothing to them. Post the pieces that you think are selfish. Its not that hard.

“I just come out every year and worry about myself.” -Kyle Orton

He is not about the Team.....its a contract year this is about him and only him. He doesnt come out and worry about how well the team will do.

And go listen to the 104.3 interview while you are at it.

Timmy!
08-12-2011, 07:12 PM
:yawn:

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Henne has thrown two picks. I fantasize they get desperate and throw the sink at us for Orton. That would make my day.

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 07:15 PM

No.

Orton is not a cancer.. he is a mediocre, dead end.

I'll write what I want where I want anytime I want...

You have the same right...

Sadly... you choose to talk about yourself grunting on a toilet.

Classy.

MOtorboat
08-12-2011, 07:15 PM

He is not about the Team.....its a contract year this is about him and only him. He doesnt come out and worry about how well the team will do.

LOL...

He's saying he can't control anything but what he does. I guess he didn't word it correctly for you.

LMAO...:overreaction:

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:16 PM
LOL...

He's saying he can't control anything but what he does. I guess he didn't word it correctly for you.

LMAO...:overreaction:

Not in my opinion.....if I am even allowed to have one in here

common theme with Orton.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 07:17 PM

This is exaclty what I mean. You just bitched about how a Tebow comment was "taken out of contex", then present an Orton comment villifying the guy without even posting the question asked! CONTEX Phildelt. CONTEX.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 07:21 PM
No.

Orton is not a cancer.. he is a mediocre, dead end.

I'll write what I want where I want anytime I want...

You have the same right...

Sadly... you choose to talk about yourself grunting on a toilet.

Classy.

LOL. Grunting? That came out of left field...or better yet, the outhouse you just painted.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:22 PM
This is exaclty what I mean. You just bitched about how a Tebow comment was "taken out of contex", then present an Orton comment villifying the guy without even posting the question asked! CONTEX Phildelt. CONTEX.

That is because I would have to listen to the interview rather then working.....get off your lazy ass and do it yourself. Not going to hold your hand through a debate....

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 07:24 PM
That is because I would have to listen to the interview rather then working.....get off your lazy ass and do it yourself. Not going to hold your hand through a debate....

Hold my hand, how about grow a brain. Your completely useless to the conversatiion as usual....:coffee:

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 07:38 PM

It's kind of ironic that you would consider this kind of speculation passable but when someone cites specific examples for things that Orton said, you act as if everything is vague/wishy-washy so they can't possibly know what Orton meant. So, other people cant interpret specific things Orton said, yet you are somehow capable of reading minds with no specific comment to back it up.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:43 PM
It's kind of ironic that you would consider this kind of speculation passable but when someone cites specific examples for things that Orton said, you act as if everything is vague/wishy-washy so they can't possibly know what Orton meant. So, other people cant interpret specific things Orton said, yet you are somehow capable of reading minds with no specific comment to back it up.

Amen!

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Dont feed me this bullshit. The examples in this thread about Orton being selfish are garbage. And the fact you dont bring up one to discuss shows how specualtive and unfounded your postion is. You cant even reinforce a thought in this thread.....

MOtorboat
08-12-2011, 07:46 PM

Yet, you speculate on whether Orton is a cancer in the OP with very, very little evidence, other than a vague quote about him worrying about himself and an interview where he said he believes he's a starting quarterback in the league?

You probably shouldn't criticize anyone for making giant leaps into speculation.

NorCalBronco7
08-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Yet, you speculate on whether Orton is a cancer in the OP with very, very little evidence, other than a vague quote about him worrying about himself and an interview where he said he believes he's a starting quarterback in the league?

You probably shouldn't criticize anyone for making giant leaps into speculation.

How about ZERO evidence.

Dzone
08-12-2011, 07:53 PM
He will booed relentlessly for every mistake and for his smug personality. He is bringing a lot of it on himself with his comments. He just has a way of rubbing people the wrong way.
I am not too worried about it. I dont think he is good enough or physically strong enough to hold onto the job. Hopefully he can get us off to a fast start before he starts breaking down. If he starts I want him to do good. We need wins. Tebow will probably be stepping in to a winning record

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 07:56 PM

Dont worry, he's excited about where his "game" is at.

BroncoStud
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Can't trade him, nobody else wants him. Just let your boos be heard when he screws up. He is using this team and this season to audition for a free agency payday, let the front office know how you feel about that.

silkamilkamonico
08-12-2011, 11:04 PM
The worst thing about this Orton deal is that the rest of the players actually back him. I'm thinking we have an entire roster full of dumbasses. We either neede a new 55 person roster, or just ship this organization to LA.

MOtorboat
08-12-2011, 11:06 PM
The worst thing about this Orton deal is that the rest of the players actually back him. I'm thinking we have an entire roster full of dumbasses. We either neede a new 55 person roster, or just ship this organization to LA.

I don't want to turn this around, but...

Just saying.

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 12:42 AM
I think the problem begins with the fact that Orton was never really going to get a fair shake in Denver.

I don't get this. Orton was handed the very job Orton supporters INSIST Tebow must earn. If that aint better than a fair shake, I don't know what is.

Orton knows it is about winning. He even referenced as much coming here. The problem is he hasn't won.

People continue to say anything for Orton, like the fair shake, or lack of defense despite it not only being false but categorically false. Orton had the #1 D for much of 09 and 7th overall by season's end. If people are crying that he needs a D better than that, than I don't know what to say :noidea:

nevcraw
08-13-2011, 12:44 AM
I think the problem begins with the fact that Orton was never really going to get a fair shake in Denver. He reminded the fans of a trade in which a much better prospect was traded, he then had to deal with the fans wanting a franchise quarterback of their own, not a questionable veteran and booing him, the trade for Quinn and even the drafting of Tebow. It got worse at the end of the year when fans really booed him and screamed for Tebow and then the team starts Tim and he throws a fit and really looks bad. And then again he sort of goes out of his way to ensure no peace between the fans and himself with questionable comments because the booing continues.

He really hasn't done himself any favors that's for sure, I'm really surprised that he didn't take the Miami trade just to get a fresh start, but big money is big money and we know that's why he stayed.

lan -- i get it. my statements were questioning the ambigious refrences of the OP not the douchey behavior of Orton.

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 12:44 AM

All 55 (not 53? :confused:) Are on the record as stating they want Orton? :confused: Funny...I recall some choosing to workout with Tebow.

MOtorboat
08-13-2011, 12:52 AM

All 55 (not 53? :confused:) Are on the record as stating they want Orton? :confused: Funny...I recall some choosing to workout with Tebow.

It has been widely stated that Tebow "led" team activities in the offseason. Can someone document that? Because my recollection is that Tebow was on a book tour when Dawkins and Orton organized team practices in Denver, only to be joined by Tebow weeks later.

Can someone actually substantiate these claims that Tebow drove offseason workouts?

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 12:54 AM
It has been widely stated that Tebow "led" team activities in the offseason. Can someone document that? Because my recollection is that Tebow was on a book tour when Dawkins and Orton organized team practices in Denver, only to be joined by Tebow weeks later.

Can someone actually substantiate these claims that Tebow drove offseason workouts?

Tebow had Lloyd and others out to FL. Tebow also led workouts here in Denver with others.

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 12:55 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/287030-tebow-hosts-broncos-workouts-in-florida

http://www.onlygators.com/05/30/2011/tebow-flew-wrs-to-jacksonville-for-workouts/

http://www.9news.com/news/article/199237/345/Tebow-joins-teammates-for-informal-workout Orton wasn't at these workouts. In fact Orton and Tebow weren't under the same roof until right before the LO ended.

MOtorboat
08-13-2011, 12:59 AM

Tebow had Lloyd and others out to FL. Tebow also led workouts here in Denver with others.

Thats right, he flew a couple receivers out to meet his book signing schedule. Now, can you substantiate that he led workouts in Denver?

Watchthemiddle
08-13-2011, 01:00 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/287030-tebow-hosts-broncos-workouts-in-florida

http://www.onlygators.com/05/30/2011/tebow-flew-wrs-to-jacksonville-for-workouts/

http://www.9news.com/news/article/199237/345/Tebow-joins-teammates-for-informal-workout Orton wasn't at these workouts. In fact Orton and Tebow weren't under the same roof until right before the LO ended.

DOH!!:salute:

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Thats right, he flew a couple receivers out to meet his book signing schedule. Now, can you substantiate that he led workouts in Denver?

read the Fing article. They worked out no different than any others. They worked to get their timing down. You can hate all you want but Orton was too busy drinking in Vegas during the earliest of workouts. Try hating on that for once. So what if Tebow has a damn book deal? Id rather that than him hanging with Jack and Jim all night in Vegas.

Where the hell did Orton "lead" workouts? :confused: Here is a clue-HE DIDN'T!!!! The Denver workouts were arranged, organized, and "led" by Dawkins. So trying to use this as some point for Orton doesn't really work. Again Orton didn't bother to get involved until later on.

MOtorboat
08-13-2011, 01:02 AM

Who attended workouts first? Orton. Tebow showed up weeks later after his little self-absorbed book tour.

They were organized the entire offseason by Dawkins.

Orton was the one working with the playbook. Tebow was signing books in New York.

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 01:07 AM

Was your original point to which was thoroughly substantiated. Then you choose to pretend it is all about his book signing.

I am curious, why didn't Orton do the same? :confused: I would think the unquestioned starter and leader of this team wouldn't be upstaged by a 2nd teamer especially one with all of Tebow's 'limitations.'

Please enlighten me. Where is Orton's leadership? Again, Dawk put together all the workouts.

Watchthemiddle
08-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Who attended workouts first? Orton.

Wrong!!

Tebow showed up weeks later after his little self-absorbed book tour.

Wrong Again!!

nevcraw
08-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Who attended workouts first? Orton. Tebow showed up weeks later after his little self-absorbed book tour.
They were organized the entire offseason by Dawkins.

Orton was the one working with the playbook. Tebow was signing books in New York.

petty much?

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree, pretty weak OP based on specualtion represented as fact.....

Either way, Ortons character has never been questioned by any players on the Broncos or Bears as far as I know. I dont think anyone can come up with any proof of Orton being questioned by a player.....

No he's talking about the interview that Orton gave with Michelle Biesner at the start of camp. Orton did say he didn't want to be a back up nor does he want mentor anyone. What he said is factual he just failed to give the evidence.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 08:58 AM

Whoops there you go taking a logical approach dispensing with the emotional crap.

Your going to be attacked by one and all of his haters.

I'm guessing that if TEbow is not a backup very few folks would be lambasting Orton like they are.
About the only ones would be, are those that wrapped their reps around jay and are still pissed the head case was moved.

Not sure any qb will ever be good enough for them.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Agent of Orange
08-13-2011, 08:59 AM
No he's talking about the interview that Orton gave with Michelle Biesner at the start of camp. Orton did say he didn't want to be a back up nor does he want mentor anyone. What he said is factual he just failed to give the evidence.

I didn't fail to do anything. Several of us knew of these comments. This thread was directed at those familiar with his comments. At no point was I under any obligation to provide the exact quotes as several are already familiar with them and, again, that's who this thread was directed towards. This is a discussion thread, not a courtroom.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 09:09 AM

To me it is and always has been The backup QB is always the most popular QB on the teams unless the starter is a potential HOF guy. Even then coaches and some fans do stupid things like drat a Maddox.

If it was Quinn or even. Simms some morons in the stands will Always chant their name.
Has been a staple in DEN for as long as I can remember. Even some rode the kubiack band wagon.

BroncoNut
08-13-2011, 09:12 AM
LOL!

While we're at it, can we trade Tim Tebow as well? He's a cancer too!

one could weave that too I suppose.

BroncoNut
08-13-2011, 09:15 AM
I don't like Orton the qb too much. I don't think he's that good that's why I'd like to see what we have in Tebow or at this point, even Quinn. I don't think Quinn's really had his chance

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Orton sees what the competition is as do The morons asking him these questions. If you were in his spot what would you really say?

Yes I'm competing for the job against a very raw rookie and Quinn. They have a legit chance at beating me out. Because I started all but a few games last year and before Pat appeased the fans I was a league leader in passing.
I have a great repore and timing with my receivers about the only reason we lost some games last year was because the defense sucked and we had no running game.

Yes I'm competing for my spot but the guys behind me are not at my level.

Sorry but he is so much better than the other guys it is scary if yiu want to win more games.

Now that said I'd rather take my lumps with TEbow and get something for him. before he is an UFA

But then we may get a #3 for him as an award for losing him to FA.

Boy am I glad fans and members here are not making the decisions.

BroncoNut
08-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Orton sees what the competition is as do The morons asking him these questions. If you were in his spot what would you really say?

Yes I'm competing for the job against a very raw rookie and Quinn. They have a legit chance at beating me out. Because I started all but a few games last year and before Pat appeased the fans I was a league leader in passing.
I have a great repore and timing with my receivers about the only reason we lost some games last year was because the defense sucked and we had no running game.

Yes I'm competing for my spot but the guys behind me are not at my level.

Sorry but he is so much better than the other guys it is scary if yiu want to win more games.

Now that said I'd rather take my lumps with TEbow and get something for him. before he is an UFA

But then we may get a #3 for him as an award for losing him to FA.

Boy am I glad fans and members here are not making the decisions.

I'm not too hot on orton, he's boring really, but I tend to agree with this.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Can't trade him, nobody else wants him. Just let your boos be heard when he screws up. He is using this team and this season to audition for a free agency payday, let the front office know how you feel about that.

Aee yiu serious really serious. Every NFL player playing his best during a contract year.
If they do not then they are behind stupid.

They Are auditioning for ALL 32 teams. Including JOHN and JOHN.
Let the hate go man.
If you dislike him so much send it to dove valley I'm sure they will listen to your bs ravings.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm not too hot on orton, he's boring really, but I tend to agree with this.

How is being one of the top long ball QBs boring. IIRC almost 30% of his completions are for 20 yards or more.

BroncoNut
08-13-2011, 10:00 AM
How is being one of the top long ball QBs boring. IIRC almost 30% of his completions are for 20 yards or more.

that's all he did. the Lloyd/orton airshow got old before midseason. that's not the way you control a game and bring W's. the only stat that really counts, to me anyway, is the w/l record. I am not impressed with last years figures there. Hey, maybe it"s just me, but that's boring

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Orton is boring because when the game is close late we already know the outcome. It's like going to a movie that a loudmouth friend already told you the ending.

BroncoNut
08-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Orton is boring because when the game is close late we already know the outcome. It's like going to a movie that a loudmouth friend already told you the ending.

that's a big part of it too Chaze, he just folds and packs it in. no nailbiters that I recall last year other than what more Josh McD was going to do to destroy the team

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 10:08 AM
They also got a free ticket to Florida and a hotel paid for. might have been part of the reason.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 10:20 AM
that's all he did. the Lloyd/orton airshow got old before midseason. that's not the way you control a game and bring W's. the only stat that really counts, to me anyway, is the w/l record. I am not impressed with last years figures there. Hey, maybe it"s just me, but that's boring

Yet the qb is not the only person responsible for the WL record. If ourvD was worth a crap or the OL had not been playing leap frog almost all the year and Moreno the starter had not been injured for much of the year I'll bet we would have had a better record.
Not playoff record but better. And if it was not for the uber brutal schedule tiis year it would be looking like 3 to 6 more wins than last year.

I'm not supporting him but the fact is he is the best one on the team as we speak. Unless we get a great draft choice or another starter he plays most if the y ear.

chazoe60
08-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Its depressing as hell that Orton is our best option. We have two first round picks and a seasoned vet and one of the worst QB situations in the league.

Orton has never shown anything to prove he's anythjng better than a stopgap yet we're goijg on three years with this subpar player as our starter. It sucks. Cant wait till we draft an actual QB.

SpringsBroncoFan
08-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Henne has thrown two picks. I fantasize they get desperate and throw the sink at us for Orton. That would make my day.

Or Seattle with Jackson... I meant to watch that game but heard he was terrible too... Problem is if I was Pete, I'd want Quinn instead...

jhildebrand
08-13-2011, 11:33 AM
They also got a free ticket to Florida and a hotel paid for. might have been part of the reason.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china, Lonestar? :confused:

The fact is, our 2nd string QB with all his issues, still took the initiative to fly WR's out to work with in the offseason at a point in time when it looked as though there might not be football and as MO so jealously points out had an upcoming book tour. Orton could have easily done just as much and should have as the starter. Brees, Manning, Rodgers all organized workouts for their teams. Again Orton didnt. I think it points to leadership and Tebow displayed it. But hey, Orton knew he was the unquestioned starter-sounds like the entitlement that MO is rallying against.

Oh and by the way, I am sure Gaffney, Lloyd and any of the other players could have paid their own way to FL. Again, Leadership on Tebow's part.

BroncoNut
08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Yet the qb is not the only person responsible for the WL record. If ourvD was worth a crap or the OL had not been playing leap frog almost all the year and Moreno the starter had not been injured for much of the year I'll bet we would have had a better record.
Not playoff record but better. And if it was not for the uber brutal schedule tiis year it would be looking like 3 to 6 more wins than last year.

I'm not supporting him but the fact is he is the best one on the team as we speak. Unless we get a great draft choice or another starter he plays most if the y ear.

well, i think we're starting to talk on different issues now. I'm not pointing all the blame on Orton, He just wasn't fun to watch. Some qbs might have had more in their repertoire to at least make a show of it with what he had :shrugs: i think those types are far and few between. Kyle, imo, just ran out of things to do with what he had. I dont' think he's that great of a qb, otoh, I don't blame him for most of went went down last season.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 11:56 AM
well, i think we're starting to talk on different issues now. I'm not pointing all the blame on Orton, He just wasn't fun to watch. Some qbs might have had more in their repertoire to at least make a show of it with what he had :shrugs: i think those types are far and few between. Kyle, imo, just ran out of things to do with what he had. I dont' think he's that great of a qb, otoh, I don't blame him for most of went went down last season.

Ok I can dig that..

Was I happy with the end result? no.

But as you said
i think those types are far and few between.

Until we find one that can be the end all Orton is not all that bad..

N ow Tebow has potential but I do nto think he is ready..
Unless we can get a blow the doors off deal for Orton allow Tim to get some practice time and Game film time behind waht a lot of team would like to have a good QB.. and yes I know not everyone was kncoking down teh door for him.. But in some cases they drafted new toys for their future ..

Does anyone think if the lockout not happened one or more of those teams would have taken him before drafting a complete unknown..

Seems resonable to me. But then I do not hate the kid..

MOtorboat
08-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Who attended workouts first? Orton.

Wrong!!

Tebow showed up weeks later after his little self-absorbed book tour.

Wrong Again!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/10/dawkins-organizefirst-broncos-workout/

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I didn't fail to do anything. Several of us knew of these comments. This thread was directed at those familiar with his comments. At no point was I under any obligation to provide the exact quotes as several are already familiar with them and, again, that's who this thread was directed towards. This is a discussion thread, not a courtroom.

All I meant is that you didn't provide the source.

dogfish
08-13-2011, 04:50 PM
things aren't looking good for the tebones faction. . . .

orton voted team captain. . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/13/broncos-captains-include-kyle-orton-j-d-walton/

:heh:

Northman
08-13-2011, 04:57 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/13/broncos-captains-include-kyle-orton-j-d-walton/

You know, im a little offended that your trying to rip off Hotrod/Dortoh Hoptard. :tsk::lol:

nevcraw
08-13-2011, 04:58 PM

reading the comments at the end of that article made me totally dummerer.