PDA

View Full Version : Oh Crap! Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater arrested for DUI.

Bugs Baloney
08-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Denver Broncos kicker Matthew Prater was arrested in Greenwood Village last week, for allegedly driving.........

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18670003?source=rss

MOtorboat
08-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Jimminy Christmas.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Denver Broncos kicker Matthew Prater was arrested in Greenwood Village last week, for allegedly driving.........

As long as he didn't run over any pedestrians then it should be okay.

And have you seen Orton's face, I'd need a drink as well if I had to look at that mug...sheesh.

:lol:

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Damn our team is in a real heap of shit right now. Cox, DJ, This coupled with the fact that we suck and we are starting to becomethe MFing Bengals, no offense King.

Bugs Baloney
08-12-2011, 03:32 PM
This coupled with the fact that we suck and we are starting to becomethe MFing Bengals, no offense King.

lmao.....Go Bengcos

:elefant:

Dzone
08-12-2011, 03:32 PM
POS!..He should be cut for being an idiot...

slim
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I bet he is just covering for DJ.

He is a real team player.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Prater has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and fleeing the scene of an accident.

underrated29
I dont get it though.

He was in dallas for the game. The game finished at what? 8- 9 oclock pm colorado time...Then the flight home- is about 1 hour.

So that would be 9-10pm just arriving at the airport. THen getting bags and getting to a bar would be 10-11pm, thus it was a thursday night and most places close at 12 i think on thurs. so he would have had to pound those drinks and then leave......That is fast!

chazoe60
I wish it would have been Orton. :laugh:

I bet if Orton got pulled over driving his Prius drunk the cop (if he was a Broncos fan) would beat the shit out of him. :laugh:

Northman
08-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Our damn liquored up kicker....

xzn
I'm Steven Haushka, and I approve this message.

Denver Native (Carol)
I dont get it though.

He was in dallas for the game. The game finished at what? 8- 9 oclock pm colorado time...Then the flight home- is about 1 hour.

So that would be 9-10pm just arriving at the airport. THen getting bags and getting to a bar would be 10-11pm, thus it was a thursday night and most places close at 12 i think on thurs. so he would have had to pound those drinks and then leave......That is fast!

It happened on August 2nd per article

Northman
08-12-2011, 03:39 PM
I dont get it though.

Said it happened last week.

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I love the tradition and the history and some current players but i kinda dont like our team right now. Sorry, what have they done for us lately? Its ******* embarrassing.

Northman
08-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I love the tradition and the history and some current players but i kinda dont like our team right now. Sorry, what have they done for us lately? Its ******* embarrassing.

When you get right down to it, it really is. :lol:

slim

They are a mess right now, but they are our mess.

xzn

It's like a Metalllica song: SAD BUT TRUE :tsk:

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I kinda hope we go 1-15, draft a new face of the franchise, jettison the trash, and blow this ****** up.

Im disgusted at this point.

sneakers
08-12-2011, 03:44 PM
What seems to be the officer, problem?

Dzone
08-12-2011, 03:48 PM
somebody bitch slap that moron

camdisco24
08-12-2011, 03:50 PM
man... I really like(d) Prater too....
Idiot.

Dzone
08-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Speaking of losers. Good thing is that cassius vaughn is playing well and should be a good replacement for Perrish Cox when cox goes to prison where he belongs. I cant stand seeing that POS still playing.

dogfish
08-12-2011, 04:08 PM
thus it was a thursday night and most places close at 12 i think on thurs.

what kind of bars do you go to??

:noidea:

slim
08-12-2011, 04:09 PM

FWIW, I hear gay bars usully close at 12 on Thursdays.

honz
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I kinda hope we go 1-15, draft a new face of the franchise, jettison the trash, and blow this ****** up.

Im disgusted at this point.

Dude, we've played one preseason game after 2 weeks of camp. Relax. Deep breaths...it's a long season.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 04:26 PM
IF EFX was going to do anything they would have done it last week.....so he will prob be sticking around.

GEM
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
OK...fleeing the scene of an accident. Wow. DUI...blech, but shit happens to everyone. Fleeing the scene is what the commish is going to really come down on. No wonder we have a backup kicker right now.

dogfish
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
i've never heard of prater getting in any other trouble. . .

plus, he's a pretty damn good young kicker with a big leg-- and kicker's going to be very important position this year. . .

i don't mean to diminish the seriousness of DUI, but people do deserve a second chance-- the organization should and undoubtedly will stick by him. . .

that said, no more being an assclown, prater. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2011, 04:35 PM
i've never heard of prater getting in any other trouble. . .

plus, he's a pretty damn good young kicker with a big leg-- and kicker's going to be very important position this year. . .

i don't mean to diminish the seriousness of DUI, but people do deserve a second chance-- the organization should and undoubtedly will stick by him. . .

that said, no more being an assclown, prater. . .

As GEM said - leaving the scene of an accident is the big hitter here. Also, the fan reported that the arraignment will be Oct. 5th.

underrated29
08-12-2011, 04:37 PM

None, I never get to go out to bars, but when I have hockey on thurs night and we try to go out for drinks after everything closes at 12--perhaps its the LQ that is closed. ( I am poor and usually bring my own supply-im cheap like that)

Lancane
08-12-2011, 04:43 PM
As GEM said - leaving the scene of an accident is the big hitter here. Also, the fan reported that the arraignment will be Oct. 5th.

What I don't get Carol is where the hell did he think he was going to run to? Uh, yeah that car is registered to Prater as in Matt Prater of the Denver Broncos...
'Doh!'

Just like Cox saying he didn't have sex with that girl and yet she's pregnant with his baby! 'Mmmmkay'

Is it just me or are the criminal elements within the league getting less intelligent?

Lonestar
08-12-2011, 04:43 PM
somebody bitch slap that moron

Which one there are at least four or five already.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

sneakers
08-12-2011, 04:50 PM
He is white, he will be fine.

dogfish
08-12-2011, 04:59 PM
None, I never get to go out to bars, but when I have hockey on thurs night and we try to go out for drinks after everything closes at 12--perhaps its the LQ that is closed. ( I am poor and usually bring my own supply-im cheap like that)

gotcha. . .

most bars typically stay open 'til 2 AM in CO. . . .

dogfish
08-12-2011, 05:00 PM

this post would've been better if you'd signed it "peyton hillis". . . .

pnbronco
08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
OK...fleeing the scene of an accident. Wow. DUI...blech, but shit happens to everyone. Fleeing the scene is what the commish is going to really come down on. No wonder we have a backup kicker right now.

I was wondering why we had one in camp. When I heard this on the way home I went....ohhhhh.....now I understand....dang it.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I was wondering why we had one in camp. When I heard this on the way home I went....ohhhhh.....now I understand....dang it.

Here is scoop on the other kicker - he joined the Broncos last year on Dec 11, 2010, as a FA. May be good we have him now. In fact, according to his stats, he kicked some in games for the Broncos last year - I sure didn't remember that.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Steven-Hauschka/841aafba-d17d-4730-a047-21aa6b774fd4

The Glue Factory
08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
What seems to be the officer, problem?

I swear to drunk, officer. I'm not god!

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Here is scoop on the other kicker - he joined the Broncos last year on Dec 11, 2010, as a FA. May be good we have him now. In fact, according to his stats, he kicked some in games for the Broncos last year - I sure didn't remember that.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Steven-Hauschka/841aafba-d17d-4730-a047-21aa6b774fd4

Prater was injured at the end of the year last year, so they signed him.

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
For our friends from out of town...

the bar Prater was at, Shotgun Willie's, is a local strip club.

If the chick he was going to a hotel room with worked there...
well... umm...

let's just say...
when a guy goes to a strip club...
gets drunk...
picks up a shaker..
drives her 10 miles away..
and tries to check into a hotel room with her...

well.. it is just not the classiest
or smartest of moves
for a high profile celebrity.

Add in the car crash...
and leaving the scene...
abandoning the hooker in the first hotel lobby...
and checking in to a different hotel alone...

it just sounds like sheer stupidity.

GEM
08-12-2011, 06:08 PM

He missed a 50 yarder at the scrimmage. Prater came out and kicked it straight through and could have gone out 60 yds on the kick.

It's nice to have the backup, but he's not Prater.

GEM
08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
For our friends from out of town...

the bar Prater was at, Shotgun Willie's, is a local strip club.

If the chick he was going to a hotel room with worked there...
well... umm...

let's just say...
when a guy goes to a strip club...
gets drunk...
picks up a shaker..
drives her 10 miles away..
and tries to check into a hotel room with her...

well.. it is just not the classiest
or smartest of moves
for a high profile celebrity.

Add in the car crash...
and leaving the scene...
abandoning the hooker in the first hotel lobby...
and checking in to a different hotel alone...

it just sounds like sheer stupidity.

Oh shit....Prater took Mo's midget stripper home. :shocked:

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I wonder of the results from the police station breathalyzer test? Just because you fail the "follow the line test" and they take you in, but you pass the breathalyzer at the station after you have been booked. That really throws a wrench into the case....I know first hand (I was not the driver) that you can get off if the police station breathalyzer passes.

MileHighCrew
08-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Jesus, if we lose him we are in trouble since the O can't punch it in teh endzone

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Jesus, if we lose him we are in trouble since the O can't punch it in teh endzone

Yeah..
it sucks when the guy who bails Orton out
every trip to the endzone
is in trouble....

camdisco24
08-12-2011, 06:53 PM
John Fox needs to sit every man on this team down and lay down the law on this DUI/off field BS. Things got out of control at the end of the Shanny era and all throughout the McD era so Fox needs to put a stop to it now.

Carolina was pretty low drama while he was the coach (minus the S. Smith punching fiasco) so hopefully he can run a tight ship here eventually.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Here are the full details, from the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18670003

DenBronx
08-12-2011, 09:25 PM

idiot kicker.

bcbronc
08-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Here are the full details, from the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18670003

I hate it when that happens! :laugh:

BeefStew25
08-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I like players with an edge.

OrangeHoof
08-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Our damn liquored up kicker....

Hilarious! For those who don't remember, that's what Peyton Manning said about Vanderjagt one time that touched off a small border war.

Reidman
08-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Cut the guy some slack, he's our leading scorer up to this point! :lol:

dogfish
08-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Cut the guy some slack, he's our leading scorer up to this point! :lol:

yea. . . he may be a drunk idiot kicker, but he's our drunk idiot kicker . . . .

Dzone
08-13-2011, 05:15 PM
A guy could be an alcoholic and still have a career as a kicker...When you drive drunk as a bronco, you are putting a lot more at risk than the average citizen. Prater should have known better, but I know from my drinking days, drunks always think they can drive perfect and wont get pulled over.

How much does Prater make per year? Probably a Million or so. Dude should realize what he has and what he is pissing away...stupid

UrbanBounca
08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I have no tolerance for DUI's. Let him go. There are plenty of kickers wiling to take his place.

tomjonesrocks
08-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Ain't no sin to go to the scrip club. He's just beein rebellion.

This is all VERY classy, yes?

It's hard to defend what sounds like a very full night of questionable decision-making, but if he goes down hard for leaving the scene of an accident it's definitely his "celebrity" responsible. I personally have been involved in 2 hit and run accidents where the people who hit me fled the scene -- I got their plates fleeing in both cases -- and neither suffered any consequences whatsoever. Both were mexican and came up with BS stories about not being able to speak english and were afraid I'd kick their ass or something and neither were punished in the slightest. The cops just basically said "Ok, sounds good to me" and left me to file my claims on my own policy with my own uninsured coverage. A sheriff friend of mine says this is a pretty typical scenario--just don't think "leaving the scene" is all it's supposed to be in the way of seriousness--especially if it's an incident where no injuries were incurred.

The revealing blubbering at the police station is always funny to me though. Why do guys do that? You're not getting out because you cried...

For a lot of kickers in the league this would be an instant-cut scenario--but if we dump him someone else would gladly scoop up Prater. The team unfortunately will probably just have to hang in there with this distraction.

Wish they would cut Cox though. He IS looking expendable.

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 11:43 AM
I remember when DUI's used to stigmatize someone. But it's too easy to trigger a positive test result now. The DUI laws used to be about getting unsafe drivers off the road. Now, in many cases, states see this as a revenue source. In a lot of cases, it's possible to come up positive without actually being impaired.

UrbanBounca
08-14-2011, 01:53 PM
I remember when DUI's used to stigmatize someone. But it's too easy to trigger a positive test result now. The DUI laws used to be about getting unsafe drivers off the road. Now, in many cases, states see this as a revenue source. In a lot of cases, it's possible to come up positive without actually being impaired.

They aren't pulled over unless there is probable cause. Chances are, if there is probable cause, it's enough to be considered "unsafe," thus enough to be arrested and charged accordingly.

OrangeHoof
08-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Most kickers look like scrawny soccer-playing dweebs. I suppose if his dream was to take a stripper to bed, he had a limited window of opportunity and enough booze probably pushed him into a night of one bad decision after another.

I can only imagine what he tried to say to impress her. "I'm a member of the Denver Broncos. No, really I am."

Agent of Orange
08-14-2011, 06:34 PM
They aren't pulled over unless there is probable cause. Chances are, if there is probable cause, it's enough to be considered "unsafe," thus enough to be arrested and charged accordingly.

A lot of places have sobriety checks and also quotas still exist. With that in mind, probable cause can easily be conveniently vague.

UrbanBounca
08-15-2011, 12:28 AM
A lot of places have sobriety checks and also quotas still exist. With that in mind, probable cause can easily be conveniently vague.

Probable cause is probable cause. Not to mention, if they can see the alcohol in your eyes, and blatantly smell it, that's reason enough to question someone.

I don't care if you're at 0.08 or 0.26, if you hit my car and kill my child, that's your ass. (Not you directly, but you understand. :beer: )