PDA

View Full Version : The Morning After: Preseason Week 1

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Notebook: The defense showed improvement under new Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen; Brady Quinn impresses.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It was only the first half of the first preseason game, but already the defense looks to be making big strides under new Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen.

With the first and second team defense on the field for the first half, the Broncos surrendered only three points, recorded a sack and had a timely interception late in the second quarter that set Denver up for a field goal.

"When you consider that this is the first time we've played a game as a defense, I thought there was good progress against a pretty talented offense," Head Coach John Fox said.

rest of article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Morning-After-Preseason-Week-1/9583aaf6-0be1-4438-9ebe-baba1007b418

Northman
08-12-2011, 02:25 PM
"I don't know if I've ever had a sack to be honest," McCarthy smiled. "I didn't have one in college. Maybe high school."

Love this kid, i hope we keep him.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Head Coach John Fox was happy with what he saw from his team in the first exhibition, but was disappointed with the final outcome: a 24-23 loss to the Cowboys.

DALLAS -- All three quarterbacks led scoring drives and the defense showed signs of progress, but the Broncos came up one point short in their preseason opener, losing 24-23 to the Dallas Cowboys.
“I was encouraged by what I saw,” Head Coach John Fox said. “I was disappointed by the outcome."
After quarterback Brady Quinn connected with Eron Riley in the back of the end zone to give Denver a 23-16 lead at the 5:44 mark of the fourth quarter, Cowboys wide receiver Dwayne Harris caught his second touchdown of the night with just seconds remaining, cutting the Denver advantage to one.

rest of article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Progress-Shown-In-Preseason-Opener/417636e4-090e-4e99-b212-54e0161e2ffd

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I never heard of McCarthy. Sounds like he sucked in college

Northman
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM

True. However, no one had heard of Terrell Davis either at one point. ;)

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
True. However, no one had heard of Terrell Davis either at one point. ;)

that's true. sounds like Mac had a good preseason game.

underrated29
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
mcarthy was on the team last year i believe, even perhaps the year before, I am not sure....

Im not a big fan of his, but he did well last night against the backups...He might make the squad, but he is going to have to repeat last nights performance in all 3 additional games to do so, imo.

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:40 PM
mcarthy was on the team last year i believe, even perhaps the year before, I am not sure....

Im not a big fan of his, but he did well last night against the backups...He might make the squad, but he is going to have to repeat last nights performance in all 3 additional games to do so, imo.

I never heard of him.

underrated29
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
I never heard of him.

Dont worry friend, in about one months time you will probably, unfortunately, have forgotten about him. As will have the broncos.

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Dont worry friend, in about one months time you will probably, unfortunately, have forgotten about him. As will have the broncos.

do you mean that when you call me a friend?

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:44 PM

North will be crushed

Northman
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
North will be crushed

Not really. I dont live or die by who is or isnt on this team. They come and go so much now days i dont get attached to anyone really. :lol:

xzn
08-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Mc Carthy, Robinson and Johnson are looking like dark horse fringe roster candidates. Not so good for Lance Ball, David Bruton and possibly Mohamed.

If Mohamed got exposed to waivers I wonder if he'd clear to the PS?

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Not really. I dont live or die by who is or isnt on this team. They come and go so much now days i dont get attached to anyone really. :lol:

yeah, I suppose. there's no one I really am that attached to at this time on the team. maybe I am most excited about Von Miller. And maybe I will adopt him

underrated29
08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Mc Carthy, Robinson and Johnson are looking like dark horse fringe roster candidates. Not so good for Lance Ball, David Bruton and possibly Mohamed.

If Mohamed got exposed to waivers I wonder if he'd clear to the PS?

I hope you are right about Ball.

I doubt it about Bruton, he is a special team ace! Plus he is cheap and a good backup. Id see Mcbath getting the axe before he.

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
McBath is still around huh?

underrated29
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
do you mean that when you call me a friend?

Its an expression.

I'm sorry nut, that is not true. Well it is true that it is an expression. But you are my friend. :shakehands:

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Its an expression.

I'm sorry nut, that is not true. Well it is true that it is an expression. But you are my friend. :shakehands:

you are my friend :hug:

xzn
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I hope you are right about Ball.

I doubt it about Bruton, he is a special team ace! Plus he is cheap and a good backup. Id see Mcbath getting the axe before he.

If we only keep 4 players at the Safety spot and the two drafted rookies make the squad, plus Dawkins, that only leaves ONE SPOT for:

McCarthy / McBath / Bruton

Unless we keep 5?

xzn
08-12-2011, 03:19 PM
McBath is still around huh?

He's "around", just not "around the ball" enough!

Ziggy
08-12-2011, 03:56 PM
If we only keep 4 players at the Safety spot and the two drafted rookies make the squad, plus Dawkins, that only leaves ONE SPOT for:

McCarthy / McBath / Bruton

Unless we keep 5?

Bruton isn't going anywhere. He's a special teams machine.

Dean
08-13-2011, 01:45 AM
you are my friend :hug:

Get a room!:listen:

pnbronco
08-13-2011, 07:38 PM

He was on our team last year. I think he may have started on PS, but not totally sure. If he was on the PS he got on the reg squad when Dawkins got hurt. Then he got hurt too and was out the rest of the season. Has a body type similar to Lynch, not saying he plays like him, but has a similar body size and shape.

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 07:48 PM
He was on our team last year. I think he may have started on PS, but not totally sure. If he was on the PS he got on the reg squad when Dawkins got hurt. Then he got hurt too and was out the rest of the season. Has a body type similar to Lynch, not saying he plays like him, but has a similar body size and shape.

He spent the first five weeks of last season on the practice squad and then signed on with active roster until week 13 when he was placed on IR.

pnbronco
08-13-2011, 07:57 PM
He spent the first five weeks of last season on the practice squad and then signed on with active roster until week 13 when he was placed on IR.

Hey not bad for a old lady with a bad memory......:laugh: Esp one who drives all over at that time of the year.....:D

Lancane
08-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Bruton isn't going anywhere. He's a special teams machine.

While that may be so, he's third on the depth chart at Free Safety behind Moore and McBath, and I don't see them keeping six safeties, third on the depth at Strong Safety is Carter behind Dawkins and McCarthy, I don't see them cutting Carter or McCarthy and unless Bruton does enough to supplant McBath it could be the numbers that does him in.