PDA

View Full Version : Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful!!

Greatspirits
11-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I just don't get it! How can this team come out and play like this today? I guess they got a lot more serious issues than what we see or think!

jrelway
11-23-2008, 07:19 PM
we ****** suck

dogfish
11-23-2008, 07:23 PM
honestly, i think it's mostly just the inconsistency of a REALLY young team that hasn't learned how to win yet. . . cutler, marshall, royal, scheffler, hillis, clady, harris, kuper, dumervil, thomas, woodyard, larsen, rogers and bell all have three years in the league or less. . . that's over half of our current starting lineup, plus the punter and the kicker. . . with all the injuries and young guys playing, vets like bly and manuel should be stepping up-- unfortunately, they're looking like some of our worst players right now. . . :tsk: throw in some absolutely horrible playcalling, and i guess this is what you get. . .

at least a large number of our players have the excuse of inexperience (not to mention that we're counting on an awful lot of late round picks and UDFAs pretty heavily). . . what excuse do the coaches have?

Reidman
11-23-2008, 07:23 PM
What I don't understand is we beat the teams we should lose to and lose to the teams we should dominate. And what's worse, at home no less!!

We have made two teams look stellar this year....KC and now the Raiders! Combined records for both 4-19...!

Broncos, please pull your heads out of your ass because Chargers won't keep saving your butts..

Greatspirits
11-23-2008, 07:35 PM
What I don't understand is we beat the teams we should lose to and lose to the teams we should dominate. And what's worse, at home no less!!

We have made two teams look stellar this year....KC and now the Raiders! Combined records for both 4-19...!

Broncos, please pull your heads out of your ass because Chargers won't keep saving your butts..

I was thinking the same thing, we make the Sh**tist teams look like Super Bowl contenders!!

Superchop 7
11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Jay was off target most of the day.

MasterShake
11-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Jay was off target most of the day.

It was one of those complexion games. We don't fumble on the 5 on the first drive, the complexion of the game changes completely IMO. Instead, we let a team hang around and it bit us-HARD. This loss sucks but we are still in 1st in a terrible division. Once again, I'll take a loss in the playoffs with this mediocre team over sitting out the postseason once again with a bad one. The Broncos are not a team that can overcome this much adversity in a game, even to a "bad" team such as the Raiders. Go Colts I guess. We are still in the driver seat as long as we don't drop one next week. Chiefs, Charger, and even Raiders fans would LOVE to be 6-5 right now.

BroncoTech
11-23-2008, 08:33 PM
We swung for the fences instead of picking up base hits. Our deep routes were under thrown or otherwise off target. Even dumb ass Randy Cross mentioned we never utilized our medium passing game. Twice on 3rd and over 4 we ran the ball, that's a passing situation in the NFL for a reason. Play calling AND play design was horrid.

I'm pissed we didn't have any people placed wide when they ran wide for the touchdown untouched. When I saw them line up it's like we had 5 guys lined up over center. Nobody wide. We might as well have a wax figure of Ringo Star placed at safety. Everybody just runs by them anyway. At least Ringo would look cool.

gobroncsnv
11-23-2008, 08:53 PM
A collection of random brainwaves...

Well, for what it's worth, improving seems to be asking too much, in the land of fits and starts. And, who's gonna beat the Giants in the SB??? Nobody that I see out there, unless the Browns have a miraculous comeback.

TRACTION! That's what's wanted here. Do something good and build on it, don't stand back and marvel at it.

The players - Marquand Manuel, is he just a good coach away from turning his career around??? Our Dline, ABSOLUTELY no pressure on JMarc... I really don't think that just coaching is the problem. Bly has to seriously think about hanging it up, or taking a LARGE paycut. Jay, when you have the time to survey the field, look more for Stokely, Graham, guys that were getting open today. We threw outside enough that it should have at LEAST let you give a look to the middle once in a while. Oline bought you enough time, so you have to learn to use it wisely. Hillis, our one shining point in the game, even if you did miss a handoff... the rest of the game, you did good, kid.

The game plan - you've all been saying it, do insert dittos here. But how can we let a team as bad as Oakland get a 140 + passer rating?

Hillis is the only positive to take away from this game. Pretty much everything else sucked.

Who doesn't pity Champ right now? How's he gonna get a ring by staying here?

I don't know, a whole lot of echo syndrome going on here, but all we're seeing on the boards is just venting anyway.

ChampWJ
11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
A collection of random brainwaves...

Well, for what it's worth, improving seems to be asking too much, in the land of fits and starts. And, who's gonna beat the Giants in the SB??? Nobody that I see out there, unless the Browns have a miraculous comeback.

TRACTION! That's what's wanted here. Do something good and build on it, don't stand back and marvel at it.

The players - Marquand Manuel, is he just a good coach away from turning his career around??? Our Dline, ABSOLUTELY no pressure on JMarc... I really don't think that just coaching is the problem. Bly has to seriously think about hanging it up, or taking a LARGE paycut. Jay, when you have the time to survey the field, look more for Stokely, Graham, guys that were getting open today. We threw outside enough that it should have at LEAST let you give a look to the middle once in a while. Oline bought you enough time, so you have to learn to use it wisely. Hillis, our one shining point in the game, even if you did miss a handoff... the rest of the game, you did good, kid.

The game plan - you've all been saying it, do insert dittos here. But how can we let a team as bad as Oakland get a 140 + passer rating?

Hillis is the only positive to take away from this game. Pretty much everything else sucked.

Who doesn't pity Champ right now? How's he gonna get a ring by staying here?

I don't know, a whole lot of echo syndrome going on here, but all we're seeing on the boards is just venting anyway.

I don't know about some of that. I was at the game, sadly, and Cutler had Oakland d-linemen in his face all game. Also, the run game had nothing available, making us one dimensional again. The passing to the outside was questionable, but several easy first downs were dropped. Oakland's d-line dominated the game for the most part at least from my vantage point.

Could've done without the fumble on the 5, the 2 missed FG's (this is an ugly trend), and the PR TD to Higgins. Also, all progress the defense seemed to be making vanished. They played terrible, especially Bly and the line. What a disaster all around. The coaches should be ashamed. They should seriously lower ticket prices if this is the product they are going to put on the field.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-23-2008, 09:47 PM
we are who we are. We're a barely average team who can beat anyone when we don't turn it over but who can also lose to anyone when we do.

weazel
11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing, we make the Sh**tist teams look like Super Bowl contenders!!

terrible teams do that

SR
11-23-2008, 10:06 PM

That's because our team is arrogant for no reason. They think "oh, we're playing the Raiders. We got this so lets get ready for next week against the Jets". That's probably exactly what happened. We didn't prepare for this game like we should have. That, and PRATER...that Hillis fumble on our first drive was awful too.

Day1BroncoFan
11-24-2008, 12:15 AM
I didn't see the whole game but the part I did see I thought the play calling sucked as bad as anything else.

SR
11-24-2008, 12:22 AM
The play calling was pretty awful, like when we tried to run it on third and WAY long. Then punted.

Lonestar
11-24-2008, 01:36 AM
honestly, i think it's mostly just the inconsistency of a REALLY young team that hasn't learned how to win yet. . . cutler, marshall, royal, scheffler, hillis, clady, harris, kuper, dumervil, thomas, woodyard, larsen, rogers and bell all have three years in the league or less. . . that's over half of our current starting lineup, plus the punter and the kicker. . . with all the injuries and young guys playing, vets like bly and manuel should be stepping up-- unfortunately, they're looking like some of our worst players right now. . . :tsk: throw in some absolutely horrible playcalling, and i guess this is what you get. . .

at least a large number of our players have the excuse of inexperience (not to mention that we're counting on an awful lot of late round picks and UDFAs pretty heavily). . . what excuse do the coaches have?

when you have so much youth you KISS keep it simple stupid..

that is a coaching function.. plain and simple..

Hillis got 17 chances to tote the rock and was making decent progress doing it punishing the tacklers how many did he take out of the game for a few plays or more..

why did we not run it more and win the TOP prize. we had it at half time by 5-6 minutes and lost it for the game by 4 minutes.. They ran it and we did not..

KISS Mikey

KISSKMA

Dortoh
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/4a9/462/4a94621b-43e4-42be-bfc1-bb2ed98cdddb