08-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Most celebrated career backup ever?

hotcarl
08-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Best player to suck at NFL, plays in NFL - a pictorial

lgenf
08-12-2011, 08:09 AM
He's just that popular and polarizing

and he played well last night - in fact aside from the media killing his mechanics last night and today - they also are having to say this today "but he played pretty well"

Northman
08-12-2011, 08:49 AM
So much for the media hating him. Last week they thought he sucked but then now they love him again. lol

Dirk
08-12-2011, 08:51 AM
So much for the media hating him. Last week they thought he sucked but then now they love him again. lol

It's because most of them are hacks and jump on the "bandwagon" stories of the day.

lgenf
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM

not sure they LOVE him, but for all the crap we were hearing out of everyone from training camp updates, T2 sure didn't look like they guy they were talking about

TXBRONC
08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh Man Football is back~!!:beer:

What are you talking about? Because I was looking on the front page of NFL.com and I didn't see a positive story about Tebow. What I saw was a negative opinion of Michael Lombardi.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 10:13 AM
What are you talking about? Because I was looking on the front page of NFL.com and I didn't see a positive story about Tebow. What I saw was a negative opinion of Michael Lombardi.

I think he just gets excited everytime he sees a picture of TT.

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM

Can I borrow your crystal ball? You should be making money with your talents.

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 10:22 AM

It's because of what many of us have been pointing out about how it doesn't mean much unless there's tackling involved.

Yesterday was fairly predictable for many of us.

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 10:23 AM

I know. Orton was the greatest 2 days ago and now he's "same old Orton". People have short memories, they completely forget the last 2 seasons watching this guy play. (talking about some on this board.):sheep:

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Other than a few with Tebow goggles..

no one is saying Tebow was GREAT.

Deal is.. Neither was Orton.

Deal is... Tebow needs the experience...
we have this season to rebuild...
but we are apparantly gonna rebuild every position except QB

which is crazy..
because

Orton is leaving in 6 months...

It dont make sense to invest in Kyle's development
at the expense of Tebow or Quinn.

It is just crazy.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 11:08 AM

which is crazy..
because

It is just crazy.

The WRs need to develop, the OL, the RBs, the TEs.... and in doing so they will need the QB to make the right calls, audibles, and choose the right person to throw too.. and make the right blocking calls.

Fox is also developing. HIS job is on the line, no matter what. He's not goign to throw away games just in hope to develop a QB that he didn't draft, and that he isn't connected to. Not to mention, might be here after HE (fox) is gone. He's only interested in winning NOW. Not developing Tebow. That comes later when the season is considered a loss. Until that p oint, they see it as everyone is 0-0.

Can't blame Fox for looking at the season that way.

xzn
08-12-2011, 11:12 AM
The WRs need to develop, the OL, the RBs, the TEs.... and in doing so they will need the QB to make the right calls, audibles, and choose the right person to throw too.. and make the right blocking calls.

Fox is also developing. HIS job is on the line, no matter what. He's not goign to throw away games just in hope to develop a QB that he didn't draft, and that he isn't connected to. Not to mention, might be here after HE (fox) is gone. He's only interested in winning NOW. Not developing Tebow. That comes later when the season is considered a loss. Until that p oint, they see it as everyone is 0-0.

/\/\ THIS /\/\ :salute:

LTC Pain
08-12-2011, 11:13 AM
T2 has mucho potential and another year behind Orton will help his development. Whether T2's picture is on the cover of NFL.com or an evangelical missionary magazine is completely irrelevant to his success as an NFL QB or the turning of the earth.

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
T2 has mucho potential and another year behind Orton will help his development. Whether T2's picture is on the cover of NFL.com or an evangelical missionary magazine is completely irrelevant to his success as an NFL QB or the turning of the earth.

Disagree. Tebow would benefit MUCH more from actual experience.

Orton stinks as a mentor...

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM

I hear that, but the QB is the most crucial position, therefore should be the most important one to develop.
But I think you're probably right, let Orton start the season until Tebow is up to speed, he didn't get an off season which is so crucial for a young QB.

The thing I disagree with Fox on, is that Orton gives him the best chance to win.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 11:25 AM
fans and critics seem to be bi-polar when it comes to Tebow......love him or hate and the pendulum swings from one extreme to the other pretty fast

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
fans and critics seem to be bi-polar when it comes to Tebow......love him or hate and the pendulum swings from one extreme to the other pretty fast

They're sheep. If ESPN shows Tebows bad throws and the "experts" are bashing him, then Tebow sucks, but if ESPN tells them he's good then they will be on here saying he's good.

Lonestar
08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
no one is saying Tebow was GREAT.deal is.. Neither was Orton.
we have this season to rebuild...but we are apparantly gonna rebuild every position except QB which is crazy.. because
Orton is leaving in 6 months...It dont make sense to invest in Kyle's development
It is just crazy.

Actually unless they resign him (good odds) he is gone in a shade over 4 months.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

xzn
08-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Tebow may yet be a nice Rib-eye with some more time on the grille, but right now he is SUSHI, or at least RAW. Extending the analogy, they might even play him if he was just RARE, but he's barely past MARINATED at this point.

Count me as a huge TT fan, though life-long Broncos fan first. That said, he aint ready yet. But I still think he can be a fine meal with some more time in the oven.

Fox is patting him on the head and saying,"Nice hustle Timmy, BUT..."

Playing him now would be like sticking an expensive cut of meat in the microwave!

cuzz4169
08-12-2011, 11:49 AM
The thing with Tebow is he doesn't have to be great. Its the big moment, the money time is when he gets it done, he makes something happen. As for orton he covers his eyes and hopes the bad men go away.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Tebow may yet be a nice Rib-eye with some more time on the grille, but right now he is SUSHI, or at least RAW. Extending the analogy, they might even play him if he was just RARE, but he's barely past MARINATED at this point.

Count me as a huge TT fan, though life-long Broncos fan first. That said, he aint ready yet. But I still think he can be a fine meal with some more time in the oven.

Fox is patting him on the head and saying,"Nice hustle Timmy, BUT..."

Playing him now would be like sticking an expensive cut of meat in the microwave!

I like your analogy.....I think last year he should have been given some marinade.....but I guess he will have to get some more this season. So far he was just given some salt and pepper. I think if Fox and QB coach work with him adding some marinade before the end of the season and then throw him into the game to see if he is ready or not.....if not he burns and we know what we got.....over priced steak.

MOtorboat
08-12-2011, 12:30 PM

Can I borrow your crystal ball? You should be making money with your talents.

My bad...next time I see Tim Tebow on the front page of ESPN, NFL.com, CBS, FOXSports or any other media outlet, I will try to remember to commence masturbation, and then, to verify, post a thread to inform everyone that I am, in fact, masturbating to Tim Tebow's photo on NFL.com.

Better?

Dzone
08-12-2011, 12:55 PM
This morning, I was listening to 102.3 with Gary Miller talking about Tim Tebow...I went into the Other room and the radio was on the Dan Patrick show. Guess who Dan Patrick was talking about on his National show? Yep, Tim Tebow.
Having the most popular player in the NFL on our team cant be a bad thing.

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 01:03 PM
My bad...next time I see Tim Tebow on the front page of ESPN, NFL.com, CBS, FOXSports or any other media outlet, I will try to remember to commence masturbation, and then, to verify, post a thread to inform everyone that I am, in fact, masturbating to Tim Tebow's photo on NFL.com.

Better?

So the only alternative you see from calling someone a career backup after one season is jacking off to a picture of them?

rationalfan
08-12-2011, 02:09 PM
So much for the media hating him.

the media LOVES tebow

and it's not a reaction to his morals or looks or mythology. it's because he drives web hits/papers sold/tv ratings. that's why sports sites put minor blog posts about him in their featured content boxes. that's why espn stalks his career like he's on trial for murder. that's why the denver post has a page devoted to tebow.

tebow sells. and because of that we'll be reading contrived/rehashed stories about everything he does for the next two years. i hate to write it, but the most considerate guy on the team might become a non-intentional locker room cancer when the back-up QB gets more press than the rest of the team combined.

Jagsbch
08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
This morning, I was listening to 102.3 with Gary Miller talking about Tim Tebow...I went into the Other room and the radio was on the Dan Patrick show. Guess who Dan Patrick was talking about on his National show? Yep, Tim Tebow.
Having the most popular player in the NFL on our team cant be a bad thing.

Tebow having 8 TD's and over 800 yards in his first three starts aint bad either.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Tebow having 8 TD's and over 800 yards in his first three starts aint bad either.

I just read this very same post from you in another TT thread

GEM
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
I know. Orton was the greatest 2 days ago and now he's "same old Orton". People have short memories, they completely forget the last 2 seasons watching this guy play. (talking about some on this board.):sheep:

Yea, he's always sucked in the red zone. Don't know why anyone is surprised. :D

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I just read this very same post from you in another TT thread

lol. smack talk from Carol is hilarious

GEM
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Disagree. Tebow would benefit MUCH more from actual experience.

Orton stinks as a mentor...

On the Fan, they asked Orton if it were to come to pass that Tebow were made the starter, could he accept being a mentor. His answer...I know my game, I'm not a backup and I won't be a backup. :tsk:

BroncoStud
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Yea, he's always sucked in the red zone. Don't know why anyone is surprised. :D

Because some Broncos fans and a lot of media were suddenly painting him as having total control and mastery of the offense, yada yada yada, I'm glad reality smacked some of them in the face.

BroncoStud
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
On the Fan, they asked Orton if it were to come to pass that Tebow were made the starter, could he accept being a mentor. His answer...I know my game, I'm not a backup and I won't be a backup. :tsk:

I wish I had some of what he's smoking. Who in the world told this guy he was GOOD???

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:25 PM

umm.. thanks for last month's news

Jagsbch
08-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Clearly folks need a reminder... this is jst an echo of that...

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Clearly folks need a reminder... this is jst an echo of that...

yeah, ... it's easy to forget about Tebow. good point

Nomad
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM

Mentorism!!:D

MOtorboat
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Better?

So the only alternative you see from calling someone a career backup after one season is jacking off to a picture of them?

Do you know the significance of a question mark in a sentence?

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Do you know the significance of a question mark in a sentence?

settle down badass.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 02:36 PM

He also told the Broncos he didn't want to be a backup for Tebow, so I say they should start Quinn and let Orton be his backup and then they should tell him, "Hey, at least your not backing up Tebow...right?".

:lol:

Bugs Baloney
08-12-2011, 02:37 PM

which is crazy..
because

It is just crazy.

Agreed, I'm really hoping Orton gets dealt before wk. 1.
Quinn is just as capable as Orton IMO. Why stall in the red zone
when we can stall with Brady or Tebow, or maybe even start scoring TD's
down there. We all know KO CANNOT produce in the red zone.
What a waste! :tsk:

Bugs Baloney
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by GEM
On the Fan, they asked Orton if it were to come to pass that Tebow were made the starter, could he accept being a mentor. His answer...I know my game, I'm not a backup and I won't be a backup.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a jackass KO has become. Bitter and Delusional!

KO hates the fans, and guess what....

We hate you too Kyle...I'll just come out and say it,

Kyle if your reading this....YOU SUCK! and GTF off our roster.

GEM
08-12-2011, 03:00 PM
He has just crossed some lines that push me to not care for him. I don't know that Tebow is the answer, but I know Orton is not. I do know I am going to be pissed if we continually get down in the red zone and have to kick field goals. I like Prater, but the less I see of him on the field unless he's in on a scoring kickoff, the better.

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
there's a shaun prater that plays cornerback for the hawkeyes

GEM
08-12-2011, 03:07 PM
there's a shaun prater that plays cornerback for the hawkeyes

So what, nut? Are we supposed to give a shit?

:D

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 03:11 PM
So what, nut? Are we supposed to give a shit?

:D

I just find it neat that there is a prater on my favorite college team and a prater on my favorite NFL team. what are the chances of that?

GEM
08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I just find it neat that there is a prater on my favorite college team and a prater on my favorite NFL team. what are the chances of that?

I don't know, I am just having some fun giving you shit.

dogfish
08-12-2011, 03:19 PM
hey jags, how did you like that last play before the half?

rVS3QqrXhD8

Agent of Orange
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM

And he want's to claim he's a leader? The guy's a cancer.

broncobryce
08-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Sorry Kyle, we know your game too, you're a backup talent-wise, and skill-wise.

Lonestar
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
JUst more of the same old emotional hate..

I'm gonna LMAO when JOhn Names him starter and Y'all have to eat your words and hate all season..

EVEN THOUGH I'd rather get something for Orton NOW and play Tebow, this place is going to worth visiting watching all the hate and discontent..

:laugh::laugh: