PDA

View Full Version : I really don't understand...

Clipworthy
08-12-2011, 02:26 AM
how Mike McCoy is still here. :coffee:

Lancane
08-12-2011, 02:32 AM

Don't ask me...I was against him being named the offensive coordinator once Fox was hired. He's running basically the same damn offense we saw with McDaniels last year (which is a pro-spread variant) give the dual tight end sets. He looked to throw in a play or two from other offensive playbooks but the outcomes were rather unimpressive IMHO.

dogfish
08-12-2011, 03:04 AM

probably because fox was already familiar with him, and it was deemed easier to keep the same terminology and a chunk of last year's playbook than to transition to a new OC and DC in a year with no off-season. . .

the fact that it probably also saved our cheap-ass organization from paying a buyout (if mccoy was still under contract)-- or from shelling out for a top-shelf OC, if we could have even gotten one this year-- probably doesn't hurt either. . .

Timmy!
08-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Althouh I agree with some of what dogfish said, let's relax a bit guys. Its preseason game 1 after, simply put, an offseason I think most of us can say we've never seen b4 all things/changes considered. 2 weeks of practice isn't a long time to switch a lot of the playbook. I get that some are concerned the offense won't change at all, but I highly doubt it. Let's give it a little time, its freakin preseason. If its week 4 of the regular season and we are running draws out of the shotgun on every 2nd and 9 then I will lead the riots. Bring your pitchforks and torches.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 04:02 AM
Althouh I agree with some of what dogfish said, let's relax a bit guys. Its preseason game 1 after, simply put, an offseason I think most of us can say we've never seen b4 all things/changes considered. 2 weeks of practice isn't a long time to switch a lot of the playbook. I get that some are concerned the offense won't change at all, but I highly doubt it. Let's give it a little time, its freakin preseason. If its week 4 of the regular season and we are running draws out of the shotgun on every 2nd and 9 then I will lead the riots. Bring your pitchforks and torches.

I get what your saying, but I sort of thought this would happen. Let's not forget that McCoy's resume is rather weak. He was an offensive assistant then a receivers coach under Richard Williamson who was later demoted to receivers coach himself whilst McCoy was demoted as well back to offensive assistant under new offensive coordinator Dan Henning...if the name sounds familiar that's because he's the former offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins, well until just recently.

McCoy never stayed in one position for more then a season maybe two. And if you want to know how bad Henning is, then look at his record as an offensive coach...it's very questionable he never seems to keep a job for long. Then he comes here for not even two full years under Josh McDaniels who's own play calling is suspect? And now he has the reigns of our offense? He barely knows how to shave himself let alone run an offense.

Bosco
08-12-2011, 05:15 AM
I wouldn't fire up the pitchforks just yet. This is exactly the 4th game he's ever called the plays for. Play calling is both an art and a science that can take some time to master.

sneakers
08-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Am I stupid if I ask who Mike McCoy is?

Bosco
08-12-2011, 05:45 AM
Am I stupid if I ask who Mike McCoy is?

Not sure if serious, but he's been our offensive coordinator since about 72 hours after McDaniels was hired.

sneakers
08-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Not sure if serious, but he's been our offensive coordinator since about 72 hours after McDaniels was hired.

Oh, OK, thanks.

threefolddead
08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Hmmm... first pre-season game... they play dumbed down play books and really don't care about winning. Man the deep end is sure full this year.

Juriga72
08-12-2011, 06:48 AM
It was nice to see the offense stall inside the red zone again...

I was wondering if with the short offseason and all....