PDA

View Full Version : Fear and Hate....

BigBroncLove
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
So I have a little tiny fear of the Dentist and Doctor. I very much dislike having anything do with them. I just don't liek someone armed with latex gloves probing and proding all the parts of my body I generally leave reserved for.... special guests is a good way to put it :lol: . Anyways, I went to the Dentist today and am still in quite a bit of pain. My mouth aches, I can't eat right now because of it, and I've been drinking a lot of blood.

Anyways, given my current state I was wondering what everyone else either fears or hates....

At the moment, I both fear and hate the Dentist! Doctors are a close second....

dogfish
10-03-2007, 02:45 AM
dude, i freaking HATE dentists!! i've had to have all sorts of unpleasant stuff done to my teeth, from an unusually bad experience with braces to major gum graft surgery, which is a nightmare-- they scrape tissue from the roof of your mouth and graft it onto your gums. . . i had two three hour plus procedures, and each time it left this raw wound on the roof of my mouth that hurt like hell, and took weeks to heal. . . and you can't eat anything solid for over three weeks afterwards, and the gum line is very, very painful. . . and both times the sutures (sp?) came out, the incisions started bleeding profusely, and i had to make an emergency trip back into his office to have them re-stitched (the first time i had to call the periodontist at home in the middle of the night!). . .

also, they brace your jaw open (for 3+ hours) with this giant plastic wedge that looks like a doorstop, and your jaw is extremely sore and swollen afterwards. . . the first time i tried to go to work the next day-- with my face swollen up like a grapefruit-- and my boss took one look at me, didn't even ask any questions, just said "nevermind, go home for a few days-- we'll get by without you". .

it just royally SUCKED NADS-- easily the most unpleasant medical/dental procedure i've ever had, and i had to go back and have it down again. . .

anton...
10-03-2007, 09:27 AM
i fear large groups of ethnics...

:uh:
________
WATER BONGS (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com/glass-bongs/)

Snapping Turtle
10-03-2007, 09:35 AM
The dentist is so creepy. I do not like going there. I cant say I fear that, but I HATE it.

I have 3 main fears though. The first is getting my blood drawn or wrists touched in anyway. I am not afraid of needles or blood. There is just something about the wrist area that freaks me out. Same for getting blood drawn. It seriously makes me shake just thinking about it. :ahhhhh:

I'm also terrified of deep water. I hate not knowing what is below me. When I was in Hawaii they had to pay me to go in the ocean. haha. Snorkling was ok because I was able to see everything below me, it wasn't just some mystery. But yeah that scares me. Along that same note I am so afraid of BIG FISH. Like...not whales or sharks...just HUGE fish. Like giant groupers. Those are the worst.

:ahhhhh:

BigBroncLove
10-03-2007, 06:21 PM
dude, i freaking HATE dentists!! i've had to have all sorts of unpleasant stuff done to my teeth, from an unusually bad experience with braces to major gum graft surgery, which is a nightmare-- they scrape tissue from the roof of your mouth and graft it onto your gums. . . i had two three hour plus procedures, and each time it left this raw wound on the roof of my mouth that hurt like hell, and took weeks to heal. . . and you can't eat anything solid for over three weeks afterwards, and the gum line is very, very painful. . . and both times the sutures (sp?) came out, the incisions started bleeding profusely, and i had to make an emergency trip back into his office to have them re-stitched (the first time i had to call the periodontist at home in the middle of the night!). . .

also, they brace your jaw open (for 3+ hours) with this giant plastic wedge that looks like a doorstop, and your jaw is extremely sore and swollen afterwards. . . the first time i tried to go to work the next day-- with my face swollen up like a grapefruit-- and my boss took one look at me, didn't even ask any questions, just said "nevermind, go home for a few days-- we'll get by without you". .

it just royally SUCKED NADS-- easily the most unpleasant medical/dental procedure i've ever had, and i had to go back and have it down again. . .

My god.... Talk about hell on earth. That is the most gruesome, terrible, fear injecting, hate inducing story I have ever heard. I don't know how you went the second time! I would of moved to Mexico and assumed a psuedonym instead ;)

That doesn't create Hate... that invokes Loathing (with a capital L).....

Snap, I can't say I fear deep waters or blood being drawn, but I bet you don't like watching Shark week or the movie "Open Water". :ahhhhh:

Jody
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
I fear and hate Orthopaedic Surgeons!

They like to manipulate the leg/knee to see how it's functioning - and when it's jammed! :shocked:

Dentists have nothing on these fellas. :D

Just make sure you go to a dentist who will give you Valium---I'm serious.:D
The dentist will be ALL DONE with the work, and you'll still be smiling away and wondering when he's going to get started. :D It's the ONLY way to see a dentist.

Uncle Buck
10-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I fear and hate Orthopaedic Surgeons!

They like to manipulate the leg/knee to see how it's functioning - and when it's jammed! :shocked:

Dentists have nothing on these fellas. :D

Just make sure you go to a dentist who will give you Valium---I'm serious.:D
The dentist will be ALL DONE with the work, and you'll still be smiling away and wondering when he's going to get started. :D It's the ONLY way to see a dentist.

Wendy, you are a junkie? I'm shocked!

Peter <shocked look>

Jody
10-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Wendy, you are a junkie? I'm shocked!

Peter <shocked look>

It all began with a root canal buck. :tsk:

Then I had another root canal ---- but shopped around first. :D

You have to insist on direct answers to your questions with dentists -
don't even bother with dentists who lack sensitivity to being a chicken.

I'm a chicken in the dentist chair - the first step in the 12-step in the ICDC!
"I'm a Chicken in the Dental Chair!"

Cleveland Rocks
10-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Anyways, given my current state I was wondering what everyone else either fears or hates....

Too many things. I suffer from a mild form of OCD. At least, I think it's mild.

Oh, and to heck with pills. I used to have seizures when I was young. I'd rather kill myself than take any drug that screws around with my brain - you never know, it could make the seizures return.

underrated29
10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
BEES!!!

i fear bees, i hate bees. i wish there was never another bee around ever. i dont care about honey or flowers or the air and the enviornment that the flowers make for us. i fear and hate them that much.

also mayonaise. i hate mayo.

ranch too!

Watchthemiddle
10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Even though I haven't been to the dentist in about 4 years...:confused:...I love going. I don't so much like the process of holding my mouth open for 20 minutes, but the feeling of walking out of there with a clean grille :D feels so good.