PDA

View Full Version : Which Bronco would you cut ?

Superchop 7
11-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Oh yeah, Nate for me.

And Niko.

topscribe
11-23-2008, 01:12 AM
What's the occasion? Cut when and why?

----

SR
11-23-2008, 01:13 AM
For shits and grins I'd imagine. Last year it was Hamza Abdullah for me. And he got cut. So this time I'll say Webster or Lowry. I won't say Niko because he is really good on ST.

topscribe
11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah, right now, Lowry seems like a no-brainer. Maybe no safeties at all might
be an improvement over what the Broncos have there now. :tsk:

Maybe when D.J. and Champ come back, put Josh Bell and Woodyard back
there with Barrett?

I know . . . that's a little outrageous, maybe. I'm just frustrated . . .

-----

gnomeflinger
11-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Whoever gets a DUI.

topscribe
11-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Whoever gets a DUI.

Quick, slip Lowry a drink . . .

-----

SR
11-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Why the hell does everyone want Josh Bell at safety? Are you *EDIT* serious...he's a damn corner. PUT A SAFETY WHERE A SAFETY GOES AND A CORNER WHERE A CORNER GOES. For ****'s sake...

topscribe
11-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Why the hell does everyone want Josh Bell at safety? Are you ***EDIT*** serious...he's a damn corner. PUT A SAFETY WHERE A SAFETY GOES AND A CORNER WHERE A CORNER GOES. For ****'s sake...

Right. Now, if we just had a safety to go . . .

Besides, I said that was outrageous. You know, ?

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Nate Jackson should have been released from this team years ago. Twenty seven career catches in six seasons of professional football is completely embarrassing; in fact -- almost half of them are from this year. The guy can't stay healthy, and even when he is on the field he doesn't do much.

I honestly don't see him having a chance to play anywhere else but Denver. I wonder what he's got on Mike to allow him to stay.

He is an absolute joke.

Superchop 7
11-23-2008, 01:22 AM
No,

Put a fast linebacker at safety.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Why the hell does everyone want Josh Bell at safety? Are you ******* serious...he's a damn corner. PUT A SAFETY WHERE A SAFETY GOES AND A CORNER WHERE A CORNER GOES. For ****'s sake...

I don't know about you SR, but a sub 6'0 -- 180 pound safety is just what this team needs. :lol:

SR
11-23-2008, 01:25 AM
I don't know about you SR, but a sub 6'0 -- 180 pound safety is just what this team needs. :lol:

No shit dude...I'd like to see a safety that size try to tackle a bowling ball like Jones-Drew.

dogfish
11-23-2008, 02:05 AM
lowry and slowik. . . .

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Slowick and the rest of the defensive coaches.. could start this week doing it.. as far as I'm concerned..

Davii
11-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Tuten.

I don't think all the groin injuries, and injuries in general the last two years are just bad luck. All these torn/strained/pulled muscles is, IMO, directly related to ineffective warmups, stretching, and conditioning.

topscribe
11-23-2008, 02:26 AM
Cutler.

And go to full-time Wildcat.

-----

Davii
11-23-2008, 02:27 AM
Cutler.

And go to full-time Wildcat.

-----

Can a mod please take care of this? That's got to be in violation of the COC.

SR
11-23-2008, 02:34 AM
LOL! Lets cut Cutler and let Larsen play QB too. And FB at the same time.

pnbronco
11-23-2008, 02:38 AM
LOL! Lets cut Cutler and let Larsen play QB too. And FB at the same time.

Do you think that will get him Rookie of the year???? :laugh:

SR
11-23-2008, 02:40 AM
I think Royal has that one locked up already.

fcspikeit
11-23-2008, 03:11 AM
No shit dude...I'd like to see a safety that size try to tackle a bowling ball like Jones-Drew.

As if Lowry would fair any better. :laugh:

At least Bell could cover. I would rather have Barrett but at this point I would take Bell over Lowry..

sneakers
11-23-2008, 03:14 AM
The punter......just go for it on fourth down every time.

fcspikeit
11-23-2008, 03:19 AM
Nate Jackson should have been released from this team years ago. Twenty seven career catches in six seasons of professional football is completely embarrassing; in fact -- almost half of them are from this year. The guy can't stay healthy, and even when he is on the field he doesn't do much.

I honestly don't see him having a chance to play anywhere else but Denver. I wonder what he's got on Mike to allow him to stay.

He is an absolute joke.

He does at least what is expected of a backup TE when he's on the field.

But he isn't much good while sitting on the bench hurt. If it wasn't for the fact he is hurt all the time I would say he does enough to warrant the spot.

fcspikeit
11-23-2008, 03:25 AM
My least favorite is Webster. The guy picked up right where Gold left off. On one play he does something really great, Then on another your scratching your head wondering why he didn't hit the hole and attack the ball carrier. Or why the hell he was lined up so far inside :confused:

The reason I dislike him so much is just like Gold, most people only see the few good plays he makes. They completely overlook all the terrible peewee mistakes he makes. Plus if we cut him, Larson would get the go. Otherwise I would say keep him for ST. I just have a bad feeling in my gut that no matter how well Larson plays, when healthy Webster is going to get his spot back.

Magnificent Seven
11-23-2008, 03:42 AM
Cut ramsey!!!! I can't stand him!

SR
11-23-2008, 03:59 AM
Cut ramsey!!!! I can't stand him!

Why cut a player that is on IR? :confused:

SR
11-23-2008, 04:00 AM
As if Lowry would fair any better. :laugh:

At least Bell could cover. I would rather have Barrett but at this point I would take Bell over Lowry..

Barrett will be starting before the end of the year. Mark my words.

omac
11-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Right now, I can't think of any Bronco I'd cut for the sake of cutting. Lots of players who aren't that good, but this season, there's no quit in any of them.

Nate Jackson gets injured a lot, but he made some tough, clutch catches when we needed them. On defense, lots of mistakes, but they do their best to step up. We can't afford to cut any player right now, though. Maybe we can get upgrades in the draft/free agency for the d-line and safeties. Through 1 game, though, I like how Larsen handles playing mike.

All the players I wanted cut because of their attitudes are gone now. :cheers:

SR
11-23-2008, 04:07 AM
The only player I've wanted cut in recent memory was Abdullah. I couldn't stand that people were swinging off of his sack so much. He was horrible. His tackling sucked. His angles were terrible. His positioning was always wrong. The fact that so many people loved such a shitty player being on the field made me want him gone, and gone he is. Thankfully. I'm spiteful.

fcspikeit
11-23-2008, 04:52 AM

I hope your right.. it might take Lowry getting hurt though.

we really need to know if Barrett can be counted on in the future. I would love to see him start again the Faiders. this would be as good an opponent for him to get his feet as any.

If he tanks and can't cut it he will still be as good as Lowry and we will at least know going into next season we need 2 S..

topscribe
11-23-2008, 12:16 PM

Well, I would not doubt it, especially with what the other rooks have done.

Wow, what a draft/FA year this has been! :shocked:

-----

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I'd like to cut Bly but I don't know who would replace him.

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Right now, I can't think of any Bronco I'd cut for the sake of cutting. Lots of players who aren't that good, but this season, there's no quit in any of them.

Nate Jackson gets injured a lot, but he made some tough, clutch catches when we needed them. On defense, lots of mistakes, but they do their best to step up. We can't afford to cut any player right now, though. Maybe we can get upgrades in the draft/free agency for the d-line and safeties. Through 1 game, though, I like how Larsen handles playing mike.

All the players I wanted cut because of their attitudes are gone now. :cheers:

most great but I'd have to add "Lots of players who aren't that good, but this season, there's no START in some of them. when they do start it is a long second to late to make the play"

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah, right now, Lowry seems like a no-brainer. Maybe no safeties at all might
be an improvement over what the Broncos have there now. :tsk:

Maybe when D.J. and Champ come back, put Josh Bell and Woodyard back
there with Barrett?

I know . . . that's a little outrageous, maybe. I'm just frustrated . . .

-----

I like your thoughts here Top

DJ, Larsen, Winborn at LB
Champ and Bell at CB.
Woodyard and Barret at safeties..

All young, aggresssive and coachable IF we can get coyer back as LB coach..

gobroncsnv
11-23-2008, 12:42 PM

But he isn't much good while sitting on the bench hurt. If it wasn't for the fact he is hurt all the time I would say he does enough to warrant the spot.

Then we need to re-sign TD!!!!

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 12:45 PM

I agree we have a few folks that think Nate does nothing on the team but take a space.. or Nate fagged their sister or in some cases perhaps Nate dissed their advances at a local bar telling them they prefer ladies.....

kind a like the morons that have in years past said cut Leach because he is a joke as a TE..

Until some one patiently shows them he is a JACK of all positions MASTER of long snapping and ST coverage on punts..

Some folks just can't see the forest for the trees..

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Woodyard is doing well at linebacker. I don't see the need to move him to SS. He succeeded at LB in the SEC, arguably the toughest conference in college football and is playing great as a rookie in place of Williams.

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Woodyard is doing well at linebacker. I don't see the need to move him to SS. He succeeded at LB in the SEC, arguably the toughest conference in college football and is playing great as a rookie in place of Williams.

But unless DJ get hurt he will not be playing in Space will he?? he will be on the bench or playing at SAM and winborn is a bit bigger to handle that position.

So put him back as the 8 in the box SS and let him be the next John Lynch..

He is fast enough to play fairly deep, he is big enough to make that play at the LOS . he is a great tackler.. seems to me like a John Lynch prototype..

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:04 PM
I agree we have a few folks that think Nate does nothing on the team but take a space.

Yep, pretty much.

or Nate fagged their sister or in some cases perhaps Nate dissed their advances at a local bar telling them they prefer ladies.

What the ****?

kind a like the morons that have in years past said cut Leach because he is a joke as a TE.

Yeah, I'm not in this crowd.

Some folks just can't see the forest for the trees.

Nate Jackson has been on the Denver Broncos for six years and has been healthy less than two and a half full seasons. He has been a marginal contributor to this team, whether it be special teams or on the offensive side of the ball. Nate Jackson has spent well over half of his NFL career on injured reserve and cannot stay healthy.

Why does he deserve a roster spot?

He certainly hasn't earned it by quality play on the field, because he rarely ever sees the field.

I'd like anyone to try and justify Nate's existence on this roster. His inability to stay on the field is pathetic and even when he sees the field, he lays a duck. His contributions to this team in six years are completely underwhelming.

The Broncos have gotten rid of players who have been contributors to the team; but may have never lived up to their draft status -- yet they keep a guy who can't even live up to undrafted free agent standards for what reason?

Honestly, I can't think of one.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:10 PM
But unless DJ get hurt he will not be playing in Space will he?? he will be on the bench or playing at SAM and winborn is a bit bigger to handle that position.

There seems to be a little ambiguity regarding Woodyard's weight. He weighed in at 227 pounds at the NFL Combine, and I have a hard time buying he ended up slimming down to 212 pounds (as listed on the Broncos site) to play on an NFL team when he was considered small to begin with. (Although it is entirely possible the team asked him to lower his playing weight, but I highly doubt it.) If that's the case, he's no smaller than Winborn, and IMHO -- is better suited to play the SAM position due to his skill set.

So put him back as the 8 in the box SS and let him be the next John Lynch.

The only good argument I see for Woodyard playing SS is to put all our best players on the field. Other than that, he has played linebacker for the past several years at a high level. Switching around players, especially at a young age in the NFL interrupts their development. Why do that with a player who is growing into a quality, young, NFL linebacker.

He is fast enough to play fairly deep, he is big enough to make that play at the LOS . he is a great tackler.. seems to me like a John Lynch prototype.

I don't dispute that he couldn't play there; but why mess with his development?

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Yep, pretty much.

What the ****?

Yeah, I'm not in this crowd.

Nate Jackson has been on the Denver Broncos for six years and has been healthy less than two and a half full seasons. He has been a marginal contributor to this team, whether it be special teams or on the offensive side of the ball. Nate Jackson has spent well over half of his NFL career on injured reserve and cannot stay healthy.

Why does he deserve a roster spot?

He certainly hasn't earned it by quality play on the field, because he rarely ever sees the field.

I'd like anyone to try and justify Nate's existence on this roster. His inability to stay on the field is pathetic and even when he sees the field, he lays a duck. His contributions to this team in six years are completely underwhelming.

The Broncos have gotten rid of players who have been contributors to the team; but may have never lived up to their draft status -- yet they keep a guy who can't even live up to undrafted free agent standards for what reason?

Honestly, I can't think of one.

Glad you not making the decisions for mikey.. Have you applied for the GM spot? Perhaps you should....:salute:

Until you are, mikey likes the guy get used to it.. Nate will be here regardless of how you feel about him..

Like a few hated Jake, some of you have this hatred for Nate and Chad.. I do not get it..

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Until you are, mikey likes the guy get used to it.. Nate will be here regardless of how you feel about him.

So this is your justification? "Mike Shanahan likes Nate Jackson, so that's why he's here." You know, you're probably right -- but just because Shanahan likes Jackson doesn't mean he deserves to be on this team. He has earned nothing.

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:19 PM
There seems to be a little ambiguity regarding Woodyard's weight. He weighed in at 227 pounds at the NFL Combine, and I have a hard time buying he ended up slimming down to 212 pounds (as listed on the Broncos site) to play on an NFL team when he was considered small to begin with. (Although it is entirely possible the team asked him to lower his playing weight, but I highly doubt it.) If that's the case, he's no smaller than Winborn, and IMHO -- is better suited to play the SAM position due to his skill set.

The only good argument I see for Woodyard playing SS is to put all our best players on the field. Other than that, he has played linebacker for the past several years at a high level. Switching around players, especially at a young age in the NFL interrupts their development. Why do that with a player who is growing into a quality, young, NFL linebacker.

I don't dispute that he couldn't play there; but why mess with his development?

I'd rather have the best players on the field than a marginal stop gap guy either of the MM guys.. neither are worth keeping..

If he is indeed 212 like he said on TV the other night on a local DEN players show then playing LB IMO is not wise.. 220+ maybe

Playing SS as the 8th in the box guy is is till close to the LOS and in enough space to be that pseudo WILL yet not getting the crap beat out of him by the OLINE all the time..

We all know he is not going to take DJ's spot.. This gets a good look at him keeps him on the field and if he is not able to develop better for us to KNOW now..

we all know that playing is the ONLY way you actually get experience.. whether it is at LB or safety he is a player and should not be on the bench..

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:23 PM
So this is your justification? "Mike Shanahan likes Nate Jackson, so that's why he's here." You know, you're probably right -- but just because Shanahan likes Jackson doesn't mean he deserves to be on this team. He has earned nothing.

You have NO idea what he has learned.. while I have a dislike for mikey's GMing his coaching on offense leaves little to want for.. I'm going to defer to his knowledge here..

dream one of these days your going to learn that you are not always right and others that are in charge just might know more than you do..

Hopefully it is sooner rather than later..

BeefStew25
11-23-2008, 01:24 PM
You have NO idea what he has learned.. while I have a dislike for mikey's GMing his coaching on offense leaves little to want for.. I'm going to defer to his knowledge here..

dream one of these days your going to learn that you are not always right and others that are in charge just might know more than you do..

Hopefully it is sooner rather than later..

Looks like McFadden is playing. I bet you are pumped.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm going to defer to his knowledge here.

That's funny. You'll defer to Mike's knowledge on keeping a player who rarely gets on the field, but will challenge him everywhere else -- especially in regards to being a GM. Very rich.

dream one of these days your going to learn that you are not always right and others that are in charge just might know more than you do.

Coming from the guy who has played anti-Mike Shanahan GM arm-chair QB for how many years now? You should take some of your own advice.

Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

*barf*

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Even the Al Davis bobblehead on his computer desk told him, "Yes!"

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:27 PM

actually the other horse they have has me concerned.. he is big enough to break tackles at the LOS..

I have NEVER been a mc fadden fan glad we never tried for him..

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
That's funny. You'll defer to Mike's knowledge on keeping a player who rarely gets on the field, but will challenge him everywhere else -- especially in regards to being a GM. Very rich.

Coming from the guy who has played anti-Mike Shanahan GM arm-chair QB for how many years now? You should take some of your own advice.

*barf*

guess I'll defer to your vast knowledge and life experience and say we will have to agree to disagree on this subject..

BeefStew25
11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Dream,

I bet Yoda would have been a hell of a NFL GM.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 01:37 PM
guess I'll defer to your vast knowledge and life experience and say we will have to agree to disagree on this subject..

It's my opinion that Nate Jackson doesn't deserve to be on this roster because he has done absolutely nothing in the NFL; partly due to the fact that he has missed more than half of his career due to injury. I'll keep that opinion and maintain it based on the fact that outside being a "favored" player -- there aren't many people in the league who have managed to stay on rosters with such a lack of contribution.

[OTOH, Mike Shanahan has always enjoyed taking bigger athletic WR and attempted to move their skillset to TE. Whether it be Sharpe, Clark, Marshall, etc. and I presume this is a reason the Nate experiment continues, regardless of how many times he snaps a leg, breaks a hip or coughs up a lung.]

Furthermore, if Denver wanted a back-up tight end or a unique H-Back player who could stay healthy and contribute, there are always better options out there.

I think I've seen you state on more than one occasion that the NFL is a "What have you done for me lately?" type league -- and one's ability to stay in this league is dependent on what he can do for the team he serves on. So, what has Nate done for us lately besides get injured? 27 catches in 6 years, with half of them coming this year is completely underwhelming.

I can name myriads of NFL players who have had more success and even with less injuries have been cut from the teams and are out of the NFL (Not For Long) completely.

That's just more of my justifications, and still -- I haven't seen yours.

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:46 PM
It's my opinion that Nate Jackson doesn't deserve to be on this roster because he has done absolutely nothing in the NFL; partly due to the fact that he has missed more than half of his career due to injury. I'll keep that opinion and maintain it based on the fact that outside being a "favored" player -- there aren't many people in the league who have managed to stay on rosters with such a lack of contribution.

[OTOH, Mike Shanahan has always enjoyed taking bigger athletic WR and attempted to move their skillset to TE. Whether it be Sharpe, Clark, Marshall, etc. and I presume this is a reason the Nate experiment continues, regardless of how many times he snaps a leg, breaks a hip or coughs up a lung.]

Furthermore, if Denver wanted a back-up tight end or a unique H-Back player who could stay healthy and contribute, there are always better options out there.

I think I've seen you state on more than one occasion that the NFL is a "What have you done for me lately?" type league -- and one's ability to stay in this league is dependent on what he can do for the team he serves on. So, what has Nate done for us lately besides get injured? 27 catches in 6 years, with half of them coming this year is completely underwhelming.

I can name myriads of NFL players who have had more success and even with less injuries have been cut from the teams and are out of the NFL (Not For Long) completely.

That's just more of my justifications, and still -- I haven't seen yours.

I frankly could care less about your "justifications".

It is mikeys that count, at least until you get his job.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I guess you did not get my last message. so let me repeat it..

BeefStew25
11-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Um...then maybe you should maybe not hang out on a message board.

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Um...then maybe you should maybe not hang out on a message board.

and skip the huge pay check, :laugh::laugh:

Actually I like most folks ideas on the team, there are just a few that carry no weight ..:salute:

Retired_Member_001
11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Every single defensive player apart from Champ, DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil and Wesley Woodyard.

topscribe
11-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Every single defensive player apart from Champ, DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil and Wesley Woodyard.

Spencer Larsen? Marcus Thomas?

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 02:51 PM

Then don't argue with me and zip the lip?

It is mikeys that count, at least until you get his job.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Funny coming from you, since you consider Mike to be Public Enemy #1 -- and challenge his integrity every chance you get.

I guess you did not get my last message. so let me repeat it..

Have fun being a hypocrite.

Magnificent Seven
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM

You know how suck he is! He can't throw and run. He can get sacked and intercepted often. Simple. Ramsey sucks!

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2008, 03:23 PM
You know how suck he is! He can't throw and run. He can get sacked and intercepted often. Simple. Ramsey sucks!

Lets send him and Nate Jackson on a ship to nowhere. They could work on their game together.

topscribe
11-23-2008, 03:23 PM

To remove the possibility that he will come back . . .

-----

nj10
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
All of them right now!

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Slowick, Bates, Lowery and the entire DL

jrelway
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
dre bly. slowik, boss bailey, calvlin lowry, marquand manuel,