PDA

View Full Version : Name your favorite Broncos Games of All time

Medford Bronco
10-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Here are a couple of my favorite Bronco games of all time.

Not stating the obvious the Super Bowl wins or wins or the Drive etc.

My first Bronco game I can remember from 83. Denver beat the Browns I think 27 to 7 and Elway threw a bomb to Clint Sampson for a TD. I was impressed with that rocket arm.

how about the blizzard in 1984 vs Green Bay on a Monday Night. I think Denver scored on 2 turnovers to go up 14-0 and held on for a 17-14 win, where Lynn D*ckey for the Packers and James Lofton went off.

Also in 1985 against the Chargers where in OT we blocked a FG and time out was called. On the next play, it happend again and I think L Wright scored a TD to win in 33-27 ish (all from memory, no internet lookup)

Also in 1984 the Pats were in Denver and looked to be setting up for a game winning drive and then Mosi Tatupu fumbles and Dennis Smith picked it up an ran for a TD. I rember D*ck Enberg saying he was a sure handed carrier and then jinxed him on the spot :laugh: Denver 26-19 over Gods team before they were Gods team back in the day

underrated29
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
i liked knocking the pats out of the playoffs a couple years back. that one made me real happy.

and before that, id say any game where td went for like 178 + yards.

he was good.

Skinny
10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
To me without question was the Playoff game in 97 when we beat the Jacksonville Jaguars 42-17.

That one in 96' hurt like hell. . .

That one more than made up for it!

lex
10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Aside from the more obvious ones (eg the two SBs, the drive, the fumble), the game where we beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead during the Revenge Tour en route to winning SB XXXII.

AZOmae
10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I was at 'The Drive II' against Houston. My folks were listening to the game on the radio driving to Colorado Springs, and couldn't hear the ending because they were driving past Mile High at the same time that Vance converted the last 4th down. Yeah, it was that loud!! Probably my most memorable live game.

On TV? Whew. They are all pretty memorable. The first Drive game though. I wasn't too pumped that we were going to win that game at the Dog Pound. So, my hopes weren't too high. I was only 13, and believed that all the sportscasters saying the Broncos were still a year or two away from going further. Man, how naive was I???? Anyways, awesome game.

The first Super Bowl victory. Same thing. Hopes weren't too high. I was at America's on Illiff and Quebec. Had my Mobley jersey on with my best friend Leonard who had a Neil Smith jersey. Around the middle of the 3rd quarter, I decided to start sobering up, because we might win this thing!! When the final gun sounded, Leonard and I were in a pile on the floor screaming and crying (yes, bawling like babies) that WE ACTUALLY WON IT!!

The 'holy cow' game (that's what I called it, because we were scoring at will). 1981, Broncos 42 Chargers 24. Craig Morton was En Fuego!! Steve Watson was catching everything thrown his way. The day was so perfect, my neighborhood chums and I even squeezed in a late afternoon game of tackle.

And I could go on and on and on............but I won't.