PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk Schedule and Record.

HammeredOut
08-11-2011, 10:48 AM
When we got the Monday night opener for the first time since 2001 at home. Im thinking the schedule guys thought, Tebow would be starting QB for the team on that Monday Nighter. Looks like the marketing ploy failed.

I think we have a chance to go 3-0 to start off the season.

Week 1.
We can beat Oakland if we stop the run, and limit Campbell and make him beat our secondary.

Week2.
We can litterally shut out the Bengals with that new QB, and WR core. They have little to no chance at beating us. Unless, they somehow ring up 190 on the ground against us. We will have 8 in the box at all times, because we know they will try to protect Daulton.

Week3.
We can also beat the Titans. Barring Chris Johnson is held out, and Jake Locker starting. That is a lot of ifs. Most likely, we will have to face Hasselbeck at QB with Ringer in the backfield. This will be a true test on the road. The Titans lost there starting MLB Steve Tulloch, which helps our run game, and they also had the 29th rated Pass Defense, and the 20th rated rush defense. If we can find some holes early, and go to the well often, the Broncos can win this game. We need more Tebow in the endzone, with his run option offense possibly to seal this game. The Broncos did win against them last season

Week 4.

The Packers. ya, everybody sorta knows whats going to happen, unless Aaron Rodgers gets drafted by the army.

Week 5.

The Chargers.

They had the number 1 Offense last season. Also they owned the number 1 Total Defense. How they didn't make the playoffs with those league leading statistics, is beyond statisticians. Everybody talks about how the Jets could stop the pass game, well, a team better then them statistically by less yards given up. The Chargers. This will be a true test to see where we rank amongst a team that went to the playoffs the last 4 out of 5 years. If we beat the Chargers, its because we ran the ball well, and killed the clock. After playing the Packers, we should have a good warm up game prior to the Chargers.

The Next 2 games.

Miami and Detroit.

We can win both, if we have health, and momentum on our side.

The Broncos have a shot at being 5-2 after the first 8 weeks. Then it gets really tough the next 2 games. We need to win the divisional games against the Raiders and the Chiefs. If we can split those games, the Team will be 6-3.

After those games, we might win 1 game maybe 2 against the Bills and the Bears. So we should be sitting around 8-8, 7-9 or 6-10 record.

All assuming that our defense can keep the run game to a minimal, and we get our Pass Rush back.

If things don't go as planned, we will be sitting in a press room with Andrew Luck being called up to give his first Broncos interview.

Another option, is to demote Orton, so that we can start Quinn or Tebow, and sandbag the season.

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2011, 10:59 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2036/2283950141_9323ca8bf7.jpg

underrated29
08-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Im fairly close to where you are but I want to see how the offense looks and what not tonight before I made my predictions. But +/- at 8-8 seems close to me.

jhildebrand
08-11-2011, 11:20 AM
4-6 wins. This team has too much to resolve and work through.

Ravage!!!
08-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Sep 12
Oakland = Not so sure. Its the Raiders, but we haven't played well against them lately. Our QB situations are the same. They lost defense this year, but we lost offense last year. They have new coach (as always) and we have new coaches. I actually think we win this one, but I might be just saying that because its the Raiders. I don't feel confident. W

Sep 18
Cincinnati = We have lots of things working in our favor. Rookie QB, and they don't have Ocho any longer. Its the Bengals, but the Bengals have been better than we have been the last couple years (we got ridiculously lucky last time). This isn't a gimme despite everything. I'm not sold, but I'm going to say a win for the Broncos. W

Sep 25
@Tennessee = Loss. We are NOT as good as the Titans, and they improved their QB position with Hasselback. If we think the run defense is weak, going agaisnt this team isn't going to improve that. Will be interesting to see a new coaching staff in Tenn this year. L

Oct 2
@Green Bay: Loss. Not even to say more. L

Oct 9
San Diego Loss. This is the first half of the season, and the Chargers SUCk in the first half of the season. It is a division game, and it is at home. They did lose Sproles, but we do still have Orton.
L
Week 6
BYE Finally, a week I can feel confident we aren't going to lose.

Oct 23
@Miami= We aren't as good of a team. But they don't have a good QB, they did lose their running backs, and they are also in play for the Luck sweepstakes. W

Oct 30
Detroit = I don't know why anyone would think we are a better team than the Lions. We are NOT. They have definitely surpassed us. They have good runners, good WRs, good TEs. Their defensive front is monsterous, and if he can stay healthy (for once) they have a QB that is a stud. They have a very good coach whom the team is fully behind. We lose this one. L

Nov 6
@Oakland = I thought we might win in week 1 against them, but we don't sweep the Raiders. Its in their house L

Nov 13
@Kansas City: Loss. In KC in November? This one is all theirs. KC has a down year compared to last and goes 7-9, but they are still a better team than we are. L

Welcome TEBOW to the starting role

Nov 17
N.Y. Jets: Hmmmm... this isn't going to be a loss in the traditional sense. This is goign to be a loss in epic proportions. L

Nov 27
@San Diego: Yes, we get swept by the EFFING Chargers this year. We aren't going to get lucky with two kick returns for TDs, and this is the part of the year that the Chargers finally turn it on. L

Dec 4
@Minnesota: Think Jets. L

Dec 11
Chicago: Uh oh. People will be licking their chops and rubbing their palms together in hopes of "getting Cutler." Chances are we'll be able to get pressure on Jay...but he'll still carve us up. L

Dec 18
New England: Jeeez. L

Dec 24
@Buffalo: FINALLY a team that I can say is close to how bad we are!! Buffalo! Problem is, we'll be away from home, in Buffalo cold (thats frigging COLD) on Christmas Eve. Will the Florida boy (Tebow) be able to play in that kind of cold? Probably not. He's going to want to run a lot because that cold is aweful on the hands, and terrible for passing. Fitzpatrick isn't nearly as bad. We'll have difficulties...very low scoring game...but we'll pull this one out and finally get a win. W

Jan 1
Kansas City: Tebow at home against the divisional rival KC, when both teams are not playing for anything. This is a win for Denver (although by this time we will want the loss). W

5-11

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I think we will split the division games and go 3-3, add in losses to GB, Minn, Chicago, and Jets. That would put is 9-7, loss the Pats would be 8-8. But we tend to beat the Pats.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Sep 12
Oakland = Not so sure. Its the Raiders, but we haven't played well against them lately. Our QB situations are the same. They lost defense this year, but we lost offense last year. They have new coach (as always) and we have new coaches. I actually think we win this one, but I might be just saying that because its the Raiders. I don't feel confident. W

Sep 18
Cincinnati = We have lots of things working in our favor. Rookie QB, and they don't have Ocho any longer. Its the Bengals, but the Bengals have been better than we have been the last couple years (we got ridiculously lucky last time). This isn't a gimme despite everything. I'm not sold, but I'm going to say a win for the Broncos. W

Sep 25
@Tennessee = Loss. We are NOT as good as the Titans, and they improved their QB position with Hasselback. If we think the run defense is weak, going agaisnt this team isn't going to improve that. Will be interesting to see a new coaching staff in Tenn this year. L

Oct 2

Oct 9
San Diego Loss. This is the first half of the season, and the Chargers SUCk in the first half of the season. It is a division game, and it is at home. They did lose Sproles, but we do still have Orton.

Week 6

Oct 23
@Miami= We aren't as good of a team. But they don't have a good QB, they did lose their running backs, and they are also in play for the Luck sweepstakes. W

Oct 30
Detroit = I don't know why anyone would think we are a better team than the Lions. We are NOT. They have definitely surpassed us. They have good runners, good WRs, good TEs. Their defensive front is monsterous, and if he can stay healthy (for once) they have a QB that is a stud. They have a very good coach whom the team is fully behind. We lose this one. L

Nov 6
@Oakland = I thought we might win in week 1 against them, but we don't sweep the Raiders. Its in their house L

Nov 13
@Kansas City: Loss. In KC in November? This one is all theirs. KC has a down year compared to last and goes 7-9, but they are still a better team than we are. L

Nov 17
N.Y. Jets: Hmmmm... this isn't going to be a loss in the traditional sense. This is goign to be a loss in epic proportions. L

Nov 27
@San Diego: Yes, we get swept by the EFFING Chargers this year. We aren't going to get lucky with two kick returns for TDs, and this is the part of the year that the Chargers finally turn it on. L

Dec 4

Dec 11
Chicago: Uh oh. People will be licking their chops and rubbing their palms together in hopes of "getting Cutler." Chances are we'll be able to get pressure on Jay...but he'll still carve us up. L

Dec 18

Dec 24
@Buffalo: FINALLY a team that I can say is close to how bad we are!! Buffalo! Problem is, we'll be away from home, in Buffalo cold (thats frigging COLD) on Christmas Eve. Will the Florida boy (Tebow) be able to play in that kind of cold? Probably not. He's going to want to run a lot because that cold is aweful on the hands, and terrible for passing. Fitzpatrick isn't nearly as bad. We'll have difficulties...very low scoring game...but we'll pull this one out and finally get a win. W

Jan 1
Kansas City: Tebow at home against the divisional rival KC, when both teams are not playing for anything. This is a win for Denver (although by this time we will want the loss). W

5-11

Well just so you know Tom Brady is 1-9 against the Denver Broncos.

The jets barely squeeked by last year. They are a defensive team, if we can win the turnover battler we can win.

Titans lost to US last year, what does that say about them. Do you remember their record in the beginning of the 09 year, they lost first like 8 games (something like that, too lazy to look it up, but they were crap). THey are going to lose one of the best receivers Britt due to suspensions (3 drug arrests during lockout).

I think we can split with the Chargers.

Northman
08-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Sep 12

Sep 18

Sep 25

Oct 2

Oct 9
L
Week 6

Oct 23

Oct 30

Nov 6

Nov 13

Nov 17

Nov 27

Dec 4

Dec 11

Dec 18

Dec 24

Jan 1

5-11

Pretty good job there Rav. I think when it comes to the Bears game Jay is going to have a serious axe to grind. The preseason game two years ago was nothing, he's going to come out and crush us.

But, the Miami game i wouldnt chalk up to a win so easily. They are struggling as well but its in Miami, a place we just dont play well at no matter who is the QB.

4-12 for me.

jhildebrand
08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Sep 12

Sep 18

Sep 25

Oct 2

Oct 9
L
Week 6

Oct 23

Oct 30

Nov 6

Nov 13

Nov 17

Nov 27

Dec 4

Dec 11

Dec 18

Dec 24

Jan 1

5-11

Miami and Buffalo on the road look like losses to me (at least one of them). Other than that, spot on 4-12 for me.

Ravage!!!
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Well just so you know Tom Brady is 9-1 against the Denver Broncos.
Exactly. That equals a loss.

The jets barely squeeked by last year. They are a defensive team, if we can win the turnover battler we can win.
That was last year. This is this year. The Jets will beat us on their third trip to the AFC Championship game. Tebow will not be able to run on them and certainly won't be able to pass on them.

Titans lost to US last year, what does that say about them. Do you remember their record in the beginning of the 09 year, they lost first like 8 games (something like that, too lazy to look it up, but they were crap). THey are going to lose one of the best receivers Britt due to suspensions (3 drug arrests during lockout).

I don't know what the '09 season has to do with ANYTHING. Vince Young is no longer on their team. If you want to feel that we will beat them purely becuase we beat them last year... great. More power to you. I don't.

Ravage!!!
08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Miami and Buffalo on the road look like losses to me (at least one of them). Other than that, spot on 4-12 for me.

Miami I originally had as a loss. But they lost both Brown and Williams out of their backfield, and they still have Henne as their QB. I just figured we had to have a win in their somewhere, and Miami seemed to be the one.

MasterShake
08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Too early to tell. I "think" we should go 2-0 to start the year (if we lose to Oakland at home on monday night after what happened last year, I'm going to punch myself in the crotch repeatedly) but after that its wide open. It seems like there is always a crazy start to the season and then things settle and the good teams start to pull away around weeks 8-10. With the lack of a proper offseason, I expect some sloppy games and some surprises early on. Just glad we have a season to watch!

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Exactly. That equals a loss.

That was last year. This is this year. The Jets will beat us on their third trip to the AFC Championship game. Tebow will not be able to run on them and certainly won't be able to pass on them.

I don't know what the '09 season has to do with ANYTHING. Vince Young is no longer on their team. If you want to feel that we will beat them purely becuase we beat them last year... great. More power to you. I don't.

09 is because they have mostly the same team with a QB change. I think we can beat them because we did last year. Both teams were shit and we improved more. Our defense will be in at least top 15 in league.

Sanchez is high in INTs normally over the season, if we get pick 6s we can win.

Northman
08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Too early to tell. I "think" we should go 2-0 to start the year (if we lose to Oakland at home on monday night after what happened last year, I'm going to punch myself in the crotch repeatedly) but after that its wide open. It seems like there is always a crazy start to the season and then things settle and the good teams start to pull away around weeks 8-10. With the lack of a proper offseason, I expect some sloppy games and some surprises early on. Just glad we have a season to watch!

Im just hoping that if we lose we keep it close, like within 20 points.

Ravage!!!
08-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Pretty good job there Rav. I think when it comes to the Bears game Jay is going to have a serious axe to grind. The preseason game two years ago was nothing, he's going to come out and crush us.

But, the Miami game i wouldnt chalk up to a win so easily. They are struggling as well but its in Miami, a place we just dont play well at no matter who is the QB.

4-12 for me.

I know! I originally put them down as a loss PURELY because we are playing in MIAMI. We SUCK in Miami. But, I wanted to remember that was with past coaching regime and didn't want to hold that against THIS team.

I'm just hoping THEY are looking forward to Luck more than we are! :lol: Plus, we have the "florida tebow" guy on our roster.... it might be like a home-game for us! :beer:

jhildebrand
08-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Miami I originally had as a loss. But they lost both Brown and Williams out of their backfield, and they still have Henne as their QB. I just figured we had to have a win in their somewhere, and Miami seemed to be the one.

But they have Reggie Bush and some very good WR's and still a very good D with Nolan.

Even if they had nothing, Miami has been a house of horrors for Denver.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
But they have Reggie Bush and some very good WR's and still a very good D with Nolan.

Marshal is going to mock Llyod with the "you cant see me wave" after he scores on us. Which is hope is only once....and we crush them.

jhildebrand
08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I know! I originally put them down as a loss PURELY because we are playing in MIAMI. We SUCK in Miami. But, I wanted to remember that was with past coaching regime and didn't want to hold that against THIS team.

I'm just hoping THEY are looking forward to Luck more than we are! :lol: Plus, we have the "florida tebow" guy on our roster.... it might be like a home-game for us! :beer:

We got beat their week 1 by Nick Saban for cryin out loud :mad: I still can't get over that loss (it was a day after my wedding and we held the honeymoon off so I could catch the game). Wife wont let me live it down now. :D

Northman
08-11-2011, 11:58 AM
We got beat their week 1 by Nick Saban for cryin out loud :mad: I still can't get over that loss (it was a day after my wedding and we held the honeymoon off so I could catch the game). Wife wont let me live it down now. :D

That was an ugly game. Isnt that the one where Champ got a hammy injury as well? The humidity just seems to suck the life out of us when we go there.

The one good thing is i remember losing to Miami with Elway right before our SB run and the Dolphins talking all that crap. And when they came to visit us in the playoffs we routed their sorry asses.

But, Griffith was still thinking about Kirkland for some reason. :lol:

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Oak - L
cin- w
tenn- L
gb-L
sd-L
bye- w
mia-w
det-L
oak-L
kc-L
nyj-L
sd-L
min-L
chi-L
ne-L
buf-L
kc-w

3-13

Northman
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Oak - l
cin- w
tenn- l
gb-l
sd-l
bye- w
mia-w
det-l
oak-l
kc-l
nyj-l
sd-l
min-l
chi-l
ne-l
buf-l
kc-w

3-13

Your such a downer SoCal.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Oak - L
cin- w
tenn- L
gb-L
sd-L
bye- w
mia-w
det-L
oak-L
kc-L
nyj-L
sd-L
min-L
chi-L
ne-L
buf-L
kc-w

3-13

um....you have 4 wins in there not 3.....just saying

Nomad
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Oak - l
cin- w
tenn- l
gb-l
sd-l
bye- w
mia-w
det-l
oak-l
kc-l
nyj-l
sd-l
min-l
chi-l
ne-l
buf-l
kc-w

3-13

Well, if we're gonna suck this bad, mineaswell lose to Cincy because I believe them and Buffalo will be in the top running for the #1 spot this year!

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Your such a downer SoCal.

Cheer you up right now, mate!
http://sexybryci.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bryci_short_shorts_washing_floors2.jpg

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 12:03 PM
http://sexybryci.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bryci_short_shorts_washing_floors2.jpg

She is amazing....i thank North for introducing us

Ravage!!!
08-11-2011, 12:03 PM
um....you have 4 wins in there not 3.....just saying

you can't really count the bye week as a win...although its going to feel like one since we don't actualy LOSE.

BroncoNut
08-11-2011, 12:04 PM
i think anyone can beat us, even cincinnati, we are that bad.

I think we win 6 games this season, 2 of them being against division rivals.

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2011, 12:05 PM
you can't really count the bye week as a win...although its going to feel like one since we don't actualy LOSE.

Yep.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 12:05 PM

ok my bad....i didn't see that....i just counted the Ws

Northman
08-11-2011, 12:08 PM

:rockon::first::cheers::woot::cheer2::nixon::werd: :ridinghorse::bump2:

chazoe60
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM
I see it a lof like Rav does except indont see us beating Oak. They were 50 points better than us last year, have we gotten that much better or have they gotten that much worse? I think we'll be in the Luck sweepstakes all season. We may not get to see Tebow at all if Orton stays healthy, a change could spark the team to some wins at the end and take us out of the Luck lottery.

chazoe60
08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Oh and quit passing around pics of my wife doing housework, it's very rude.

Northman
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Quit making it sound like she's your wife. You know she just cleans your house. But the real fun goes on with me. :D

NightTerror218
I see it a lof like Rav does except indont see us beating Oak. They were 50 points better than us last year, have we gotten that much better or have they gotten that much worse? I think we'll be in the Luck sweepstakes all season. We may not get to see Tebow at all if Orton stays healthy, a change could spark the team to some wins at the end and take us out of the Luck lottery.

Raiders lost their #1 target for Campbell, lost Nnamdi, and lost their RG. All pro bowlers.

NightTerror218

Sorry but I will be staring at her a lot......when you having us over to meet your wife....I mean for a BBQ?

chazoe60
08-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Raiders lost their #1 target for Campbell, lost Nnamdi, and lost their RG. All pro bowlers.

59-14. I hate to be the reminder of such awful things but it has to brought up.

I don't allow anyone over for BBQ, BTW. I gots ta keep Bunny in her cage.

BroncoNut
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM

where'd they lose them?

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
59-14. I hate to be the reminder of such awful things but it has to brought up.

I don't allow anyone over for BBQ, BTW. I gots ta keep Bunny in her cage.

I know and we will not see that ever again. I have confidence in Elway to bring out franchise back to greatness. He wont let the football team he loves look like the laughing stock of the NFL.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
where'd they lose them?

TE Miller and Gallery went to Seahawks and Nnamdi went to Eagles.

BroncoNut
08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
TE Miller and Gallery went to Seahawks and Nnamdi went to Eagles.

Gallery, no big loss. He's a loser. If I were his parents I would have named him Arthur so that his name would be art gallery. They should have resigned Miller and Nnamdi though

underrated29
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
where'd they lose them?

Up your ass.

BroncoNut
08-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Up your ass.

lllllllll

chazoe60
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Gallery, no big loss. He's a loser. If I were his parents I would have named him Arthur so that his name would be art gallery. They should have resigned Miller and Nnamdi though

Actually Gallery is a ProBowl level guard. Mayb not what you want out of the 2nd pick in the draft who was supposed to play LT, but still a very solid player.

That's why LTs are such great players to take early (if you need one) they have less bust potential because there are oportunities to move them to guard.

BroncoStud
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2036/2283950141_9323ca8bf7.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

BroncoNut
08-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually Gallery is a ProBowl level guard. Mayb not what you want out of the 2nd pick in the draft who was supposed to play LT, but still a very solid player.

That's why LTs are such great players to take early (if you need one) they have less bust potential because there are oportunities to move them to guard.

I thought he was generally a disappointment.

what did he lack or have to be moved from tackle to guard? iow, what are the desired skill set for each of the positions? thank you

chazoe60
08-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I thought he was generally a disappointment.

what did he lack or have to be moved from tackle to guard? iow, what are the desired skill set for each of the positions? thank you

LTs have to bemuch more athletic and quick than guards because of the players they go up against. LTs game in game out face the opponents best pass rushers. Guards can be more in-line mauler types. Guards also get more help in terms of double teams and just because of the "phone booth" type closeness of a passing pocket.

As far as Gallery goes as much as we as Bronco fans like to dump on the guy he turned into a damn good guard.

BroncoNut
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
thank you Chaze. that's kinda what I figured. Guards and Centers are pretty much dispensible. In other words, losers with a capital T

UnderArmour
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Well just so you know Tom Brady is 9-1 against the Denver Broncos.

I think we can split with the Chargers.
Well just so you know, he's not 9-1 against the Broncos. He actually has a losing record against the Broncos. Tom Brady has only beaten the Broncos ONCE in his entire career and that was in 2003. So his record is 1-7. I get that we've had a bad season and a half but please don't discount all of the wins we've had over the last decade with incorrect statements such as Tom Brady is 9-1 against the Broncos. We own him, not the other way around.

chazoe60
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
thank you Chaze. that's kinda what I figured. Guards and Centers are pretty much dispensible. In other words, losers with a capital T

Tommy Nalen was dispensable? Don't let him hear you say that sucka!

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Well just so you know, he's not 9-1 against the Broncos. He actually has a losing record against the Broncos. Tom Brady has only beaten the Broncos ONCE in his entire career and that was in 2003. So his record is 1-7. I get that we've had a bad season and a half but please don't discount all of the wins we've had over the last decade with incorrect statements such as Tom Brady is 9-1 against the Broncos. We own him, not the other way around.

I mean we are 9-1 against Brady.....I wrote it backwards, he is 1-9 against us.

BroncoNut
08-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Tommy Nalen was dispensable? Don't let him hear you say that sucka!

I don't know Chaz. probably not. Gallery was a big boy iirc. It seems that an ideal guard would be relatively short and stout.

Slick
08-11-2011, 01:30 PM
6-10 and bryci has cankles.

BroncoStud
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM

I think he's going to be 2-7 against us after this season...

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I think he's going to be 2-7 against us after this season...

McD even had a win against them......just saying

vettesplus
08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
3-13 and the second pick in the draft.....

BroncoStud
08-11-2011, 02:52 PM
McD even had a win against them......just saying

That was before the complete destruction of the roster... We still had SOME talent at that point.

Northman
08-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Good point, i had thought that he beat us in that whopper 41-7 but that turned out too be Matt Cassell. :tsk:

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 04:35 PM

As much as I think Orton is a 2nd tier quarterback I think he's better than anything the Dolphins have.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Sadly, I think too many of the fans are looking at Cincinnati, Buffalo, Miami, Tennesee, Detroit, Minnesota and New England as surefire wins because of their records last year, and New England because we always seem to have their number when we meet.

Cincinnati last year played one of the hardest schedules I've ever seen, they seemed to face every playoff team in the league, and beat 'Carolina', Baltimore, San Diego and Cleveland. Whoa...two of those teams treated us like bitch-meat! So unless Dalton totally sucks, then Cincinnati could easily give us a run for our money, which they did to Fox last year as well. Buffalo had a hard schedule, I would question if as hard as Cincinnati...but Buffalo hung in their with the best of them and only won against Cleveland, Detroit, Cincinnati and Miami. Let's talk about Miami...they had not only a tough schedule but beat Buffalo, Minnesota, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Oakland and the New York (Jets)...whoa, wait up, they beat the Super Bowl Champions and AFC East Champions? What about Detroit, they seem to be weak, except for the fact that they came on like divisional champs at the end of the season to win four straight against Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Miami - the teams they lost to were not chicken feed teams. And the list goes on, the same with Minnesota who might have lost a step, but I wouldn't count on it and Tennessee has Hasselbach now, he's better then Young. Our schedule is not one, that we could hope for whilst rebuilding...and as for New England...well...John Fox has only faced Belichick twice and is 1-1 against the Patriots, the one win came when the Patriots were off their game at the beginning of the season, you know...the same year they turned it around and met us in the Divisional Playoffs and lost, only for us to turn around and get our asses handed to us by Pittsburgh! The loss of course was in the Super Bowl!

:tsk:

Canmore
08-11-2011, 04:46 PM
As much as I think Orton is a 2nd tier quarterback I think he's better than anything the Dolphins have.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

So did the Dolphins. They just didn't think he was Kevin Kolb better, at least money wise. Personally, I don't think Kolb is going to be the solution Arizona hopes he is.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Sadly, I think too many of the fans are looking at Cincinnati, Buffalo, Miami, Tennesee, Detroit, Minnesota and New England as surefire wins because of their records last year, and New England because we always seem to have their number when we meet.

Cincinnati last year played one of the hardest schedules I've ever seen, they seemed to face every playoff team in the league, and beat 'Carolina', Baltimore, San Diego and Cleveland. Whoa...two of those teams treated us like bitch-meat! So unless Dalton totally sucks, then Cincinnati could easily give us a run for our money, which they did to Fox last year as well. Buffalo had a hard schedule, I would question if as hard as Cincinnati...but Buffalo hung in their with the best of them and only won against Cleveland, Detroit, Cincinnati and Miami. Let's talk about Miami...they had not only a tough schedule but beat Buffalo, Minnesota, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Oakland and the New York (Jets)...whoa, wait up, they beat the Super Bowl Champions and AFC East Champions? What about Detroit, they seem to be weak, except for the fact that they came on like divisional champs at the end of the season to win four straight against Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Miami - the teams they lost to were not chicken feed teams. And the list goes on, the same with Minnesota who might have lost a step, but I wouldn't count on it and Tennessee has Hasselbach now, he's better then Young. Our schedule is not one, that we could hope for whilst rebuilding...and as for New England...well...John Fox has only faced Belichick twice and is 1-1 against the Patriots, the one win came when the Patriots were off their game at the beginning of the season, you know...the same year they turned it around and met us in the Divisional Playoffs and lost, only for us to turn around and get our asses handed to us by Pittsburgh! The loss of course was in the Super Bowl!

:tsk:

I think they will be easier breaking in a new QB....Minn maybe, McNabb is there now. Tenn will be a good game, but Britt may or may not be playing (big WR for them). Buffalo is still working on build some sort of base....no solid QB and no OL for their RBs

Lancane
08-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I think they will be easier breaking in a new QB....Minn maybe, McNabb is there now. Tenn will be a good game, but Britt may or may not be playing (big WR for them). Buffalo is still working on build some sort of base....no solid QB and no OL for their RBs

Cincinnati is more confident about Dalton then they were about Palmer...that speaks volumes IMHO. McNabb is a toss-up, if Minnesota plays to his strengths and their defense is on point, then we really don't stand much of a chance. Both Cincinnati and Minnesota have always been tough teams for Denver to beat. Tennessee is going to be tough, their defense is always middle of the road or better and their offense seems to never diminish, they never say die. Buffalo may not have any kind of base or core group, but they've been slobber-knocking it out with the best teams in the league for almost two years, they won't be easy.

Let's not forget that last year we beat KC once, Seattle, Houston and barely beat Tennessee. We lost to San Francisco, Oakland, St. Louis and Arizona...our offense is much the same, I think people will realize that after today, so much depends on our defense...and I'm not sure we've done enough to really compete, we might be a bit better, but if the offense is continually going 3 and out then the defense, no matter how good is going to wear down.

BroncoStud
08-11-2011, 05:27 PM
My prediction is that Dalton will come in looking like a ready-to-go NFL QB. I don't think I ever watched a game at TCU where he looked rattled or unprepared. He's a smart, accurate, and clutch QB. I think the Bungels will be better with him than they were with Palmer (post injuries).

They're going to give us a big dose of Cedric Benson and playaction all day long up the middle. We don't have Stokley to bail us out this time.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Cincinnati is more confident about Dalton then they were about Palmer...that speaks volumes IMHO. McNabb is a toss-up, if Minnesota plays to his strengths and their defense is on point, then we really don't stand much of a chance. Both Cincinnati and Minnesota have always been tough teams for Denver to beat. Tennessee is going to be tough, their defense is always middle of the road or better and their offense seems to never diminish, they never say die. Buffalo may not have any kind of base or core group, but they've been slobber-knocking it out with the best teams in the league for almost two years, they won't be easy.

Let's not forget that last year we beat KC once, Seattle, Houston and barely beat Tennessee. We lost to San Francisco, Oakland, St. Louis and Arizona...our offense is much the same, I think people will realize that after today, so much depends on our defense...and I'm not sure we've done enough to really compete, we might be a bit better, but if the offense is continually going 3 and out then the defense, no matter how good is going to wear down.

Bengal receivers are going to need to step it up too, AJ Green will need to adjust quick. If Dalton is NFL ready. But at most he will have a decent year and only get better. In our defense St. Louis is going to be good. THey have slowly been adding it their team while their division gets weaker.

Our offense make look the same but it will be run differently. More running, and having TE who can catch will help.

I Eat Staples
08-11-2011, 11:58 PM
We suck. Not even Cincy and Buffalo will be easy wins. We'll win anywhere from 3 to 6 games.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 08:08 AM
We suck. Not even Cincy and Buffalo will be easy wins. We'll win anywhere from 3 to 6 games.

This is the truth. We are a team that NO ONE is a gimme game. NO GAME is going to be "easy" (unless we have that fluke that catches all the breaks and the other team just completely falls apart). EVERY game is going to be a struggle. We will NEVER be the favored team in any game.

lgenf
08-12-2011, 08:17 AM

so does it matter who the QB is with your prediction?

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 08:39 AM
so does it matter who the QB is with your prediction?

hell no.

chazoe60
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I find it hysterical that people think it's somehow impossible to think this team can't be in the Luck sweepstakes. We picked 2nd last year. We have a new coach and we're coming off of a lockout. We have a QB controversy, yes Orton has probably wrapped up the job but you're just being silly if you think he's going to finish the season.

We will be lucky to win 5 games. I hate being a bummer, I wish I could say we'll win 10 games, but it aint going to happen.

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I didn't see the game, but it sounds like we really suck bad.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I didn't see the game, but it sounds like we really suck bad.

eh.. I don't think we can tell yet. Its the first pre-season game. I remember not long ago the Raiders went undefeated in pre-season and then followed up with a 1-15 year (or 2-14). Then the Colts looked really bad in pre-season, and won the super bowl.

Pre-season is just SOOO worthless as far as telling how good anyone is or how good the team is. The players just don't care.

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 11:10 AM
eh.. I don't think we can tell yet. Its the first pre-season game. I remember not long ago the Raiders went undefeated in pre-season and then followed up with a 1-15 year (or 2-14). Then the Colts looked really bad in pre-season, and won the super bowl.

Pre-season is just SOOO worthless as far as telling how good anyone is or how good the team is. The players just don't care.

I understand what you're saying, but umm... the players don't care? man, we suck if that is the case.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I understand what you're saying, but umm... the players don't care? man, we suck if that is the case.

No. I mean ALLLLLL veteran players in the NFL. They don't care about preseason games. They aren't getting paid for them....thats why the owners love the preseason games. 4 More games they can fill the stadiums, without paying the players.

Any vet that has an injury will sit when given ANY chance to. They don't want to get hurt for a meaningless game. Even Tom Brady sat out, why? Because it doesn't matter (which is why I don't think teams see these games as being "tougher" than practices, because if they did they would take advantage of them.. but they don't).

Its pre-season. Rarely (if ever) can we make any judgements based on what we see in pre-season games.

Traveler
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Sep 12

Sep 18

Sep 25

Oct 2

Oct 9
L
Week 6

Oct 23

Oct 30

Nov 6

Nov 13

Nov 17

Nov 27

Dec 4

Dec 11

Dec 18

Dec 24

Jan 1

5-11

THIS! Thanks Rav!

Lancane
08-12-2011, 12:04 PM
No. I mean ALLLLLL veteran players in the NFL. They don't care about preseason games. They aren't getting paid for them....thats why the owners love the preseason games. 4 More games they can fill the stadiums, without paying the players.

Any vet that has an injury will sit when given ANY chance to. They don't want to get hurt for a meaningless game. Even Tom Brady sat out, why? Because it doesn't matter (which is why I don't think teams see these games as being "tougher" than practices, because if they did they would take advantage of them.. but they don't).

Its pre-season. Rarely (if ever) can we make any judgements based on what we see in pre-season games.

Let's be fair Rav, it's not the vets who don't care...it's those given starting slots who don't give a shit. It's the vets running with the second or third team, those overlooked by coaching staff for favorites, like with our quarterback issue and so forth who do care. Quinn is playing for a job, and I like that...Orton didn't care because he wasn't - but that's what pre-season was meant for, the coaches and starters for some reason forgot that part of it. Orton is lucky I'm not the head coach, I would have started Quinn in the next exhibition game, he might care then. If Quinn failed then I would re-evaluate the situation, but that's what pre-season is for, to really find those who want a position on the team and where to place them.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Let's be fair Rav, it's not the vets who don't care...it's those given starting slots who don't give a shit. It's the vets running with the second or third team, those overlooked by coaching staff for favorites, like with our quarterback issue and so forth who do care. Quinn is playing for a job, and I like that...Orton didn't care because he wasn't - but that's what pre-season was meant for, the coaches and starters for some reason forgot that part of it. Orton is lucky I'm not the head coach, I would have started Quinn in the next exhibition game, he might care then. If Quinn failed then I would re-evaluate the situation, but that's what pre-season is for, to really find those who want a position on the team and where to place them.

You are right. I used the word "vets" in meaning those that aren't concerned about making the roster, when there are obviously vets that ARE fighting for spots (as well as moving up the depth chart). So I was a bit loose with the wording, there. :beer:

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I would like to re-evaluate my opinion to 6-10 after last nights performance by 1st team offense and defense.

Edit: I did have 9-7

jhildebrand
08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
My 4-5 wins is now looking like 3-4 :eek:

Let's hope PS games 2,3,4 help.

underrated29
08-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Im fairly close to where you are but I want to see how the offense looks and what not tonight before I made my predictions. But +/- at 8-8 seems close to me.

ok, watched the game and here is where I am at after 1st pre season game with Orton as our Starting QB.

Oak- Win
Cin- Win
Ten- Win
GB- Loss
SD- Loss
MIA- WIn
DET- Loss
Oak- Loss
KC- WIn
NYJ- Win
SD- Loss
MIN- Win
CHI- Loss
NE- Loss (breaks the streak)
BUF- Win
KC- WIn

So that puts us at 9-7 with Orton.
I think if we have tebow start we could win 1-2 more games. probably the Oak, and Chi game. which would put us at 11-5....

* I reserve the right to change my mind up until the start of Reg season. Still have 3 more pre season games to deal with.*

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 02:50 PM
ok, watched the game and here is where I am at after 1st pre season game with Orton as our Starting QB.

Oak- Win
Cin- Win
Ten- Win
GB- Loss
SD- Loss
MIA- WIn
DET- Loss
Oak- Loss
KC- WIn
NYJ- Win
SD- Loss
MIN- Win
CHI- Loss
BUF- Win
KC- WIn

I think if we have tebow start we could win 1-2 more games. probably the Oak, and Chi game. which would put us at 11-5....

* I reserve the right to change my mind up until the start of Reg season. Still have 3 more pre season games to deal with.*

you are high

Lancane
08-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Oak- Win
Cin- Win
Ten- Win
GB- Loss
SD- Loss
MIA- WIn
DET- Loss
Oak- Loss
KC- WIn
NYJ- Win
SD- Loss
MIN- Win
CHI- Loss
BUF- Win
KC- WIn

My I ask what drugs you are taking...I want some, in mass quantities! :lol:

BroncoNut
08-12-2011, 03:21 PM

no shit. what a freakshow

underrated29
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM

you are high

We shall see boys. We shall see.
BTW which games on there do you think are so far off?

We were beating the jets until the PI call, and then Orton fumbling. We beat Tenn, we owned KC, and let them slip away for the sweep at the end of the game. Buffalo blows, Monday nights we play well esp against Oakland when starting the season. Cincy has a rook QB, no WR and lost one of their best Cbs....

Minnesota is the only one that could really be off, but we always seem to win a game we shouldnt and so that is the one I chose.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 07:05 PM
we sweep Kc, huh? We beat the jets this time around, do we?

Its so strange to me to see people base our wins on how the games went LAST year.... as if things are going to be EXACTLY the same other than us fixing what went wrong.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:14 PM
we sweep Kc, huh? We beat the jets this time around, do we?

Its so strange to me to see people base our wins on how the games went LAST year.... as if things are going to be EXACTLY the same other than us fixing what went wrong.

Because people are basing how we did and then adding a better team to it. So Jets barely beat us....1 PI called changed the game. And we were god awful too. Add a better defense and a running game, to the exact same game and we would done better.

KC barely beat us there, Champ shut out Bowe. Give us a better D and a better running game, that game could have changed also.

NightTerror218
08-12-2011, 07:40 PM
FYI Dalton looks like crap so far. 9/12 59 yrds 4.5 YPA. Most of his passes seem to be at line of scrimmage and all his yards are from WR yards after catch and 1 int. I feel better with our game against them.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 08:58 PM
We shall see boys. We shall see.
BTW which games on there do you think are so far off?

We were beating the jets until the PI call, and then Orton fumbling. We beat Tenn, we owned KC, and let them slip away for the sweep at the end of the game. Buffalo blows, Monday nights we play well esp against Oakland when starting the season. Cincy has a rook QB, no WR and lost one of their best Cbs....

Minnesota is the only one that could really be off, but we always seem to win a game we shouldnt and so that is the one I chose.

Oak - Loss (Ass Raping)
Cin - Loss (Kharma beat down...no Stokely miracles for Horton)
Ten - Loss (Solid defense, never say die offense with Hasselbach at QB)
GB - Loss (Massacre...end of story)
SD - Loss (Rivers will be treating us like his bitches!)
MIA - Loss (Marshall will want revenge and Henne will want to kill Horton :lol:)
DET - Loss (Yeah, like we beat them last time!)
Oak - Loss (One ass raping isn't enough for the Crypt Keeper!)
KC - Loss (Remember the Horton meltdown, meet meltdown number two)
NYJ - Loss (Horton hears a who and is looking into obscurity)
SD - Loss (Rivers spanks his bitches once more!)
MIN - Win (Whoa, wait a minute we beat somebody? :shocked:)
CHI - Loss (Cutler schools the Broncos on what a quarterback is!)
NE - Loss (We got our asses whooped again...no surprise!)
BU - Win (Hey mom, I'm writing to tell you we actually won again!)
KC - Loss (Fox will play all the third stringers to guarantee we have a shot at Luck!)

:lol:

jhildebrand
09-27-2011, 07:30 PM
HO was close in his prediction for weeks 1-3.

Anybody still thinking Buffalo and Miami are gimmes?

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 07:43 PM
HO was close in his prediction for weeks 1-3.

Anybody still thinking Buffalo and Miami are gimmes?

Miami I think we can win. Buffalo nope.

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Miami I think we can win. Buffalo nope.

Crap... Detroit looks like we might get stuffed in a trunk now too....
At least the sweep of KC IS looking like it will happen...

4-12 is being stared at again this year kids.....

NightTerror218
09-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Crap... Detroit looks like we might get stuffed in a trunk now too....
At least the sweep of KC IS looking like it will happen...

4-12 is being stared at again this year kids.....

I think we can win Miami, KC twice, Bungles, and Vikings. Maybe a home game against Chargers. They barely beat KC.

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
I think we can win Miami, KC twice, Bungles, and Vikings. Maybe a home game against Chargers. They barely beat KC.

San Diego ALWAYS starts slow......LOl they looked bad at Seattle last year THEN pounded us...:(

NightTerror218
09-28-2011, 01:42 PM
San Diego ALWAYS starts slow......LOl they looked bad at Seattle last year THEN pounded us...:(

it will only be game 5, I hope still in the slow part of season.