PDA

View Full Version : Woody's Mailbag

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Woody's Mailbag: Don't look for Coach Fox to rotate quarterbacks with the Broncos
Woody turns three double plays as he answers Broncos questions and more
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/11/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Offenses in the NFL have pretty much gone to a two-running back rotation. Maybe Denver can borrow this concept for the quarterback position. Play Kyle Orton between the 20s and Tim Tebow in the red zone and late in the game, when spontaneity and footwork are required.

Dan Nace, St. Louis

Fox isn't always tied to one quarterback. He is not some guy, in my opinion, who will use both Orton and Tim Tebow on a regular basis in one game. I do believe that if Orton starts and doesn't play well, Fox's past shows he would change quarterbacks.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18656409?_requestid=168927

Sometimes I wonder where people come with these ideas. It's a nice change of pace from time to time but you can't use it consistently without it eventually becoming ineffective. Besides that does Fox strike anyone as the kind of guy that's going rotate quarterbacks throughout the course of a game?

BroncoTech
08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
No, Fox strikes me as the type of guy that football has passed him by and he's never really innovated anything.

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Sometimes I wonder where people come with these ideas. It's a nice change of pace from time to time but you can't use it consistently without it eventually becoming ineffective. Besides that does Fox strike anyone as the kind of guy that's going rotate quarterbacks throughout the course of a game?

So this is where fans of the Denver Broncos are at. Its come to this.
Rotating QBs. Right.
The fact that this is even a thought that would ever even make it to a major sports writer in DEN is absolutely pathetic. I know, its woody, but still.
This is basically how the rest of the contry looks at DEN. PATHETIC.

Superchop 7
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Reeves tried something similar using JJ as a 3rd down only QB......major disaster. The QB needs to be in the flow of the game.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 12:42 PM
McD almost started to use Tebow as his Redzone QB.

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
So this is where fans of the Denver Broncos are at. Its come to this.
Rotating QBs. Right.
The fact that this is even a thought that would ever even make it to a major sports writer in DEN is absolutely pathetic. I know, its woody, but still.
This is basically how the rest of the contry looks at DEN. PATHETIC.

I would say it's the rest of the country see it that way. Just a couple of fans that don't see who impractical that is.

hotcarl
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
more like wooody's failbag A:rolleyes: M IRITE????