PDA

View Full Version : Preseason opener gives Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow a shot to shine

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Preseason opener gives Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow a shot to shine
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/11/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

If Tim Tebow​ is going to catch-up, he needs the plays to break down.

Tebow's quarterback style is not by the playbook. He operates best when a diagram is replaced by spontaneity, when a timing route explodes into a busted pattern, when poise gives way to raw emotion.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18658071

I think it will take more than that to catch up at this point.

Juriga72
08-11-2011, 09:22 AM
I really think Fox will pull out his "Vet's card".... He just went thru a 2-14 year and doesn't want to do that again...

Meh.... Tebow would have to throw 300 td's in preseason to win this "Competition"

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM
I really think Fox will pull out his "Vet's card".... He just went thru a 2-14 year and doesn't want to do that again...

Meh.... Tebow would have to throw 300 td's in preseason to win this "Competition"

I see pre season as a competition for back-up QB. Tebow vs Quinn.

Juriga72
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM

Issue as been decided untill the boo's rain down in week 2...:eek:

Jsteve01
08-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I see pre season as a competition for back-up QB.

shut yo mouth

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z319/vir87/th_star-wars-shut-yo-mouth.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/mouth with star/vir87/star-wars-shut-yo-mouth.jpg?o=15)

nevcraw
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
reguardless of the outcome of the QB competition I am looking forward to seeing Tebow's improvement from last year and hopefully show the difference between a gamer and just a good practise player.

vandammage13
08-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I think it will take more than that to catch up at this point.

I agree...Orton is the starter until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. With Orton starting that might be by Week 7.

Honestly, looking at our schedule, if we aren't above .500 after week 5 Orton should be benched. The first half of our schedule should be very manageable.

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 09:48 AM

Orton will probably look good in the preseason going against vanilla defenses. So I have hard time seeing Tebow gaining a lot of ground even if he plays lights out. Now that could be a different story when it's really counts.

The Glue Factory
08-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I agree...Orton is the starter until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. With Orton starting that might be by Week 7.

Honestly, looking at our schedule, if we aren't above .500 after week 5 Orton should be benched. The first half of our schedule should be very manageable.

And that week 6 bye is really working in Tebows favor! :hahaha:

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 10:20 AM
reguardless of the outcome of the QB competition I am looking forward to seeing Tebow's improvement from last year and hopefully show the difference between a gamer and just a good practise player.

I think the preseason will be helpful to Tebow I'm not sure it will give us that sharp contrast because Orton wont be in that much except for the third preseason game.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM

Not if Orton still has the same issues he did last year. Fox will be like wow this dude is not a "gamer".

I believe the preseason games are what Fox has been waiting for to see how they will do.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
I think the preseason will be helpful to Tebow I'm not sure it will give us that sharp contrast because Orton wont be in that much except for the third preseason game.

Orotn will prob be in the 1st quarter from what I hear.....I think Tebow should start, then give Quinn time, then put Orton in the 4th quarter.....where he has some of his issues.

Northman
Breaking news, the second string punter is now the starting QB. They say his name is Anubis or something of that matter. Who knew?

MasterShake
I just think its awesome that I am pretty excited for preseason game 1 this season. Usaully I don't get really interested until game 3 when the starters play a majority of the time. Looking forward to the QB battle, as well as seeing Miller and Doom in limited action to see how they look.

Northman
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Yea, its the Gayhawks and Chargeless on tv tonight but damn am i excited for foozeball again. :)

Nomad
08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Fire and Ice Bowl around here....live from Hawaii!! Hawaii HS vs Alaska HS! You going down Warhorse!:D

With the time difference, I'll miss the game. Oh well, Tebow needs to put up or shut up, if he wants to be the starter.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Yea, its the Gayhawks and Chargeless on tv tonight but damn am i excited for foozeball again. :)

I am going to have to call around to see who has the preseason games and who will have all the games during season, so I can go to a sports bar

nevcraw
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm the sucker who's going to pay the 20 bones to watch it online live and again on NFLN

Tned
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm the sucker who's going to pay the 20 bones to watch it online live and again on NFLN

Ditto

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Orotn will prob be in the 1st quarter from what I hear.....I think Tebow should start, then give Quinn time, then put Orton in the 4th quarter.....where he has some of his issues.

I heard he would be in for a couple of drives.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I heard he would be in for a couple of drives.

12-15 plays was what I read. That is 5 3 and outs :D

slim
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Tonight is the begining of the end for Orton.

Does anyone feel sorry for him?

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Tonight is the begining of the end for Orton.

Does anyone feel sorry for him?

No not really. Of course anything can happen between now and next year.

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
12-15 plays was what I read. That is 5 3 and outs :D

Nah that's two drives that end with field goal attempts. :D

Dzone
08-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Sean Salisbury is on 1023 right now and is a huge Tebow fan!!!!He thinks Tebow is going to be good.

MasterShake
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Sean Salisbury is on 1023 right now and is a huge Tebow fan!!!!He thinks Tebow is going to be good.

I just heard that. He got me all pumped up for Tebow to start again! :lol:

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I just heard that. He got me all pumped up for Tebow to start again! :lol:

Didnt he get fired for showing his peter in public? Or something like that?
And hes "pumping you up"?!?!?!?

underrated29
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I believe the preseason games are what Fox has been waiting for to see how they will do.

THIS^^^^

I still say by 3rd preseason game tebow will have bridged the gap or perhaps surpassed it. Kyle imo is going to be in a run for his money.

Plus if I am not mistaken, dallas does blitz in the pre season and dermarcus ware is no slouch. Orton could be in trouble and fetaling faster than most anticipated. Just a thought.

Nomad
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
THIS^^^^

I still say by 3rd preseason game tebow will have bridged the gap or perhaps surpassed it. Kyle imo is going to be in a run for his money.

Plus if I am not mistaken, dallas does blitz in the pre season and dermarcus ware is no slouch. Orton could be in trouble and fetaling faster than most anticipated. Just a thought.

Yes, Dallas does blitz alot during preseason! Well, we'll see because Phillips isn't there anymore.

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Yes, Dallas does blitz alot during preseason! Well, we'll see because Phillips isn't there anymore.

I would laugh so hard if Orton screamed to see Ware coming in for a big hit.

EastCoastBronco
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm just anxious to see with my own eyes instead of having to rely on opinion after speculative opinion.
May the best QB win...

nevcraw
08-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Didnt he get fired for showing his peter in public? Or something like that?
And hes "pumping you up"?!?!?!?

That only makes him more of expert in my eyes...

MOtorboat
08-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Salisbury does know a thing or two about holding a clip board.

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Salisbury does know a thing or two about holding a clip board.

Apparently that isn't the only thing he's good at holding.

Dzone
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
dang, tebow just tweeted Joshua 1:9...I sure hope he wasnt unconsciously thinking of Joshua Mcdaniels

NightTerror218
08-11-2011, 02:59 PM
dang, tebow just tweeted Joshua 1:9...I sure hope he wasnt unconsciously thinking of Joshua Mcdaniels

you should read what joshua 1:9 is.....good passage

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 03:05 PM

I hereby command you be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

chazoe60
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
you should read what joshua 1:9 is.....good passage

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Ravage!!!
08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
and thou shall be dismayed if thou does not beat out thy Orton. For thee bites. So sayeth thee.

lgenf
08-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Here's the thing - and this is coming from a Tebowner himself

it seems like right now, TT is thinking way tooooo much about playing QB

He's worked on so many things in the offseason that there is now fluidity to his game right now - to much going on in the mind, not enough just relax and let muscle memory work for you from all that you did in the offseason

I wish big things for this kid, but not thinking tonight is going to be some break out performance

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 01:48 AM
So Liked what I saw from Tebow.

He was not great.. but he was better than all the
talking heads have told us for the last few weeks.

It has become very popular to bash Tebow...
to the point that they have gone overboard and made him seem
as if he is totaly useless.

He aint a polished vet...
he needs experience...
but he looked pretty good on the long pass to Willis...
right on the money.

I think he will get experience after orton craps the bed.
Orton looked like the same old crap....
okay between the 20's...
in the red zone... FAIL.

Tebow was 5 for 5 at one point....
he had some good throws..
a few low throws.

The "pick" Tim threw was called back because the defender
who caught it manhandled our receiver...
which menas it dont count.. would not have happened
were it not for the manhandling.

Overall.. I think Tebow looks like a 2nd year guy who needs experience.
It is a SHAME Orton botched the trade deal with Miami...
otherwise we would be rebuilding the whole team...
just like the front office planned when they traded Kyle away...

As it is.... we are now rebuilding the team with a place holder,
stop gap at QB...
instead of getting the young guy the experience he needs
in this rebuilding year.

Kyle 'Free Agent" Orton... playing it safe and looking down the road...
it is what he is good at.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 02:23 AM
So Liked what I saw from Tebow.

He was not great.. but he was better than all the
talking heads have told us for the last few weeks.

It has become very popular to bash Tebow...
to the point that they have gone overboard and made him seem
as if he is totaly useless.

He aint a polished vet...
he needs experience...
but he looked pretty good on the long pass to Willis...
right on the money.

I think he will get experience after orton craps the bed.
Orton looked like the same old crap....
okay between the 20's...
in the red zone... FAIL.

Tebow was 5 for 5 at one point....
he had some good throws..
a few low throws.

The "pick" Tim threw was called back because the defender
who caught it manhandled our receiver...
which menas it dont count.. would not have happened
were it not for the manhandling.

Overall.. I think Tebow looks like a 2nd year guy who needs experience.
It is a SHAME Orton botched the trade deal with Miami...
otherwise we would be rebuilding the whole team...
just like the front office planned when they traded Kyle away...

As it is.... we are now rebuilding the team with a place holder,
stop gap at QB...
instead of getting the young guy the experience he needs
in this rebuilding year.

Kyle 'Free Agent" Orton... playing it safe and looking down the road...
it is what he is good at.

I have to disagree Dave, I saw too many flaws in his game. He continually reverts to his old form (regarding his mechanics), and if he continues to do such that will tell the coaches that he's uncoachable as far as becoming a presence in the pocket (which is needed to succeed at this level). The long pass was rather solid, the line gave him enough time and it was on the money. But how many times did he simply forget to do his check-downs? How many times did he not make his reads correctly and was off kilter? He tucked the ball and ran at least three times when he had receivers open beyond the first down markers if not further. He continually passed inside on the short or outside on the flat where receivers had little chance for yards after the catch.

I know the Tebowmaniacs won't like my assessment, but the truth plainer then day. His release lacks quickness, he doesn't bide his time for reads and check-downs (learning to pump-fake would do miracles for him), his accuracy has improved slightly, but is still wanting and needs to improve, too many times did he nearly hit the shoelaces and not the hands or numbers...let alone his zip, sometimes his release is too damn soft, lofting the ball which kills his timing and accuracy as well.

You say he looks like a three year project, right now...unless I see improvement I would say he's more likely a four or five year project.

Quinn was by in far the most impressive, I would love to see him get a shot with the first team offense, but I have a feeling that Fox will not let it happen, no matter if he's the better quarterback or not which bother's the hell out of me.

Watchthemiddle
08-12-2011, 03:46 AM
So we have another QB with a mechanics problem...(according to the talking heads)

I seem to remember a mechanic problem of a previous QB we had here that everyone was gaga over. Rocket arm, BUT, Locked onto receivers, throws off his back foot, too many int's...etc. That same QB still does all of that and he is considered a Vet in the NFL.

Npba900
08-12-2011, 04:01 AM
I have to disagree Dave, I saw too many flaws in his game. He continually reverts to his old form (regarding his mechanics), and if he continues to do such that will tell the coaches that he's uncoachable as far as becoming a presence in the pocket (which is needed to succeed at this level). The long pass was rather solid, the line gave him enough time and it was on the money. But how many times did he simply forget to do his check-downs? How many times did he not make his reads correctly and was off kilter? He tucked the ball and ran at least three times when he had receivers open beyond the first down markers if not further. He continually passed inside on the short or outside on the flat where receivers had little chance for yards after the catch.

I know the Tebowmaniacs won't like my assessment, but the truth plainer then day. His release lacks quickness, he doesn't bide his time for reads and check-downs (learning to pump-fake would do miracles for him), his accuracy has improved slightly, but is still wanting and needs to improve, too many times did he nearly hit the shoelaces and not the hands or numbers...let alone his zip, sometimes his release is too damn soft, lofting the ball which kills his timing and accuracy as well.

You say he looks like a three year project, right now...unless I see improvement I would say he's more likely a four or five year project.

Quinn was by in far the most impressive, I would love to see him get a shot with the first team offense, but I have a feeling that Fox will not let it happen, no matter if he's the better quarterback or not which bother's the hell out of me.

Your post hit all the honest obvious points. Tebow never should have been drafted in the 1st round in the first place. Hell even Tebow falsely believes he has all the intangibles to start based upon he was chosen #1. Now fans are falsely believing that as a #1 pick Tebow should be given every benefit of the doubt and should be ceremoniously selected as the starter and allowed 3-5 years to develop!

The reality is Tebow will not and should not be given 3-5 years to develop into a Franchise QB. If Elway is in position to draft the top 1st-2nd QB coming out of college in 012 who do not possess all the mechanical and fundamental flaws currently exhibited by Tebow, Elway won't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Of course should this scenario happen Tebow will read the Tea leaves and demand to be traded after 3 years in Denver.

Npba900
08-12-2011, 04:10 AM
So we have another QB with a mechanics problem...(according to the talking heads)

I seem to remember a mechanic problem of a previous QB we had here that everyone was gaga over. Rocket arm, BUT, Locked onto receivers, throws off his back foot, too many int's...etc. That same QB still does all of that and he is considered a Vet in the NFL.

This is true. However the reality was the coach that drafted that QB was willing to let him develop. When the coach was fired and the new coach hired didn't like the QB he inherited and even tried to trade him!

Now we see the same scenario with Tebow. The coach that drafted Tim has been fired. The new HC is not enamored with the QB he has inherited from a fired head coach he replaced. Suddenly Tebow finds himself in limbo or no man's land.

Such is the Life Cycle in the NFL. NFL = Not For Long! For players and coaches alike.

The only longevity in the NFL are the Fans and the owners.

Lancane
08-12-2011, 04:15 AM

Yes, but the same said veteran had intangibles that are specific for the position Middle, which Tebow lacks. He had a quick release, could make all the throws, a cannon arm, had tremendous accuracy, was quick footed and comfortable in the pocket. He was guilty of locking onto receivers, throwing off his back foot and so forth. But it's the intangibles he had which Tebow is in serious need of. It's not easy to learn a new throwing motion, to learn to release quicker and to be more accurate in the process, let alone from within the pocket.

Can Tebow learn them? I believe so...the problem is will he and how long will it take? I don't see Denver wasting another year or so to do as much, I really don't.

Bosco
08-12-2011, 05:41 AM

To me it looks like someone has seriously ****** up his throwing motion. It went from pretty shitty in college to alot better after working with Josh and Ben and now it's a whole different type of shitty. I'd bet you anything that McCoy and Gase...thinking they could do it better...completely threw out the McDaniels methodology of coaching QB's and now the QB play is suffering outside of Quinn, who was technically sound even coming out of Notre Dame.

Jagsbch
08-12-2011, 06:45 AM
I love how even if Tebow lights it up on the field stat wise, depite not having the blocking Orton did, how the haters come out in full force trying to write off his success, while clinging to Ortons mediocrity as if it was the next best thing to sliced bread.

As if the hick ups of transitioning to a new system ought to exempt Tebow from being able to compete once he is instictively playing rather than having to think about what he is doing due to the learning curve. :confused:

Haters gonna hate no matter what Tebow does, even if it is outperforming Peyton Manning and Tom Brady against the best defense in the league, which is exactly what Tim Tebow did against the Chargers~!!

Playing in shorts without a threat, is not the litmus test one ought to use to determine who your general is, its how you perform when the bullets are flying and the protection breaks down. For some the switch turns on and for others namely Orton they just want to cring in a fetal position. Fox anad Elway are a joke for thinking that chokin Orton in the is the basket you want to put your eggs in. Can't wait till they get crushed to see eggs on these jackasses face for their disgracefule and irreprehinsible treatment of Tim Tebow. What a joke it is to see the dumbmass sheep lured by Elway wanting to have his legacy saved, by removing Tebows opportunity away. Shame shame shame... :salute::eek::salute:

All in all Tebow Shined yet the haters insist on aiming to focus on tarnishing his immage by highlighting what ailed Tebow rather than acknowledging the fact that he clearly excelled far beyond expectation.

Bosco
08-12-2011, 06:46 AM
As if the hick ups of transitioning to a new system ought to exempt Tebow from being able to compete once he is instictively playing rather than having to think about what he is doing due to the learning curve. :confused:

The system has not changed.

lgenf
08-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Now fans are falsely believing that as a #1 pick Tebow should be given every benefit of the doubt and should be ceremoniously selected as the starter and allowed 3-5 years to develop!

wrong, it's not ceremoniously

Orton is a FA at the end of this year and doesn't do ENOUGH to win the games when you need him to

Anyone that wants the Broncos to pick a future FQB should be screaming their head off to start T2 - cause all of you are convinced he can't do it and that gives Denver the best chance at picking 1st

I think the point that most pushing for T2 is this

If Orton gives you a real shot at being maybe 6-10 or 7-9 and T2 gives you a shot at being 4-12 or 5-11 - than it's better to play T2 all year and see if he develops working with the 1st string O in games and in practice ALL SEASON LONG than it is to HOPE he develops working with 2nd teamers in a limited amount and still not know if you need to draft a QB at the end of this year.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 08:40 AM
coaching staff and vets aren't simply willing to "toss the season." They will start the player that gives them the best chance to win NOW. Its that simple.

lgenf
08-12-2011, 09:03 AM
coaching staff and vets aren't simply willing to "toss the season." They will start the player that gives them the best chance to win NOW. Its that simple.

I know, I gotcha on that one, and I understand it also

everyone is 0-0 right now and NO ONE is out of it yet

but if you are at BEST a 7-9 (and that is a stretch by most people that talk about our record from this season) most likely a 6-10 than how is 5-11 THAT MUCH WORSE or 4-12 is it really that much worse then 6-10

Now if we had a shot at 10-6 or something like that, I am all on board with give us the best shot

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I know, I gotcha on that one, and I understand it also

everyone is 0-0 right now and NO ONE is out of it yet

but if you are at BEST a 7-9 (and that is a stretch by most people that talk about our record from this season) most likely a 6-10 than how is 5-11 THAT MUCH WORSE or 4-12 is it really that much worse then 6-10

Now if we had a shot at 10-6 or something like that, I am all on board with give us the best shot

I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't mean the players and the coaches simply want to start a player that doesnt' give them the best chance to win.

By mid season we'll see a new QB as the starter. By then we can justify the change without losing the locker room.

vandammage13
08-12-2011, 09:13 AM

I guess it is sad that a guy that has 5 wins in his last 23 starts gives us the best chance to win. Not sure why people still think KO can get it done. I think this coaching staff and even the players need a serious reality check if they think we are going somewhere this year with Orton. Sometimes, you have to take one step back before you can take two steps forward.

These guys are professionals, and they get paid as such. At some point, we need to do what is in the best interest for the LONG TERM success of the team.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Krugan
08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
None of the 3 looked good tonight, but where they really expected to considering the short time they have had, not to mention it was the first game?

We all know Orton.

But claiming Tebow shined is a reach, and thats being kind. He showed just what he has shown before. Off target passes, yes they where caught but could have been more. The slant pass was obvious where he is, behind the reciever... Had that been on time in the front, willis makes a few more yards, maybe enough for the first.

Its not going to be easy for Tebow, but im pretty sure we saw where he is at all in all. One read and run, jumpy in the pocket, and just abit off with his passes.

Was surprised with quinn, considering what we saw last year. Tempering that surprise with the understanding that it was 3rd string fodder he was throwing against.

All in all, we arent in a great spot at the offensive leader position, but it should be interesting to see what a decent running game does for the defense.

Lonestar
08-12-2011, 09:26 AM
I love seeing the arm chair GM/HC know what play was called and that each teammate did their job and it was all

The QBs fault.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoJoe
08-12-2011, 09:30 AM
I love seeing the arm chair GM/HC know what play was called and that each teammate did their job and it was all

The QBs fault.

You're becoming quite the troll. How old are you again?

Krugan
08-12-2011, 09:30 AM

The QBs fault.

Think your phone is stuck on auto reply JR.

You could at least try to clarify yourself, and direct the comment.

But im starting to expect this from you, and I rarely post anymore.

Just for the sake of conversation, there comes a time in everyones life where its best to move on and find something else to do. You may have let that pass you by.

By no means is this intended to tell you to leave, but honestly, your post have gone from having at least a an argument to just being 2 lines of nonsense.

claymore
08-12-2011, 09:31 AM
I guess it is sad that a guy that has 5 wins in his last 23 starts gives us the best chance to win. Not sure why people still think KO can get it done. I think this coaching staff and even the players need a serious reality check if they think we are going somewhere this year with Orton. Sometimes, you have to take one step back before you can take two steps forward.

These guys are professionals, and they get paid as such. At some point, we need to do what is in the best interest for the LONG TERM success of the team.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The best long term thing we can do is draft a good QB. Because we dont have one.

Its so freakin sad that Orton is the best QB on the team, but thats the situation we are in.

Thanks Josh McDaniels!

Northman
08-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Think your phone is stuck on auto reply JR.

You could at least try to clarify yourself, and direct the comment.

But im starting to expect this from you, and I rarely post anymore.

Just for the sake of conversation, there comes a time in everyones life where its best to move on and find something else to do. You may have let that pass you by.

By no means is this intended to tell you to leave, but honestly, your post have gone from having at least a an argument to just being 2 lines of nonsense.

Well said.

vandammage13
08-12-2011, 09:36 AM

The QBs fault.

Who the heck are you directing this comment to?

lgenf
08-12-2011, 09:39 AM
One read and run, jumpy in the pocket, and just abit off with his passes.

did you happen to catch the pass blocking he got for most of the plays he was in for?

for someone that is already NOT a true pocket passer, there wasn't much of a pocket to get comfortable in

the first series, the kid was running for his life, he settled in a bit and played well - but compared to what we heard out of training camp reports about how poor he was doing, he was at a Pro Bowl level last night

Krugan
08-12-2011, 09:42 AM
did you happen to catch the pass blocking he got for most of the plays he was in for?

for someone that is already NOT a true pocket passer, there wasn't much of a pocket to get comfortable in

the first series, the kid was running for his life, he settled in a bit and played well - but compared to what we heard out of training camp reports about how poor he was doing, he was at a Pro Bowl level last night

I watched live then on dvr, the first couple series. He didnt have the best blocking no doubt, but 1 read and run wont cut it at this level.

I want the kid to be "the guy", his play is exciting and off the cuff. He just isnt at the caliber yet, and may never be.

Not trying to create a issue with anyone, just commenting on what I see.

TXBRONC
08-12-2011, 09:45 AM

And that vet has a division title under his belt and his hands down better than any quarterback currently on the Denver Broncos roster. Btw this thread isn't about Cutler. It's about the Denver vs. Dallas so lets keep it on topic.

TXBRONC
08-12-2011, 09:49 AM
To me it looks like someone has seriously ****** up his throwing motion. It went from pretty shitty in college to alot better after working with Josh and Ben and now it's a whole different type of shitty. I'd bet you anything that McCoy and Gase...thinking they could do it better...completely threw out the McDaniels methodology of coaching QB's and now the QB play is suffering outside of Quinn, who was technically sound even coming out of Notre Dame.

When did McDaniels and his brother work with Tebow? According to written report Tebow more or less ignored by McDaniels. That kind of methodology sucks wind.

lgenf
08-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I watched live then on dvr, the first couple series. He didnt have the best blocking no doubt, but 1 read and run wont cut it at this level.

I want the kid to be "the guy", his play is exciting and off the cuff. He just isnt at the caliber yet, and may never be.

Not trying to create a issue with anyone, just commenting on what I see.

no issue with me - and YES I completely agree he has to get to the 2nd and sometimes 3rd reads before deciding to bolt, but you gotta have time for that and for that it looks like only our 1st team Oline is going to be able to give anyone time back there.

Lonestar
08-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Who the heck are you directing this comment to?

If the shoe fits wear it. *

It is quite apparent it is The same stuff on a different day.

Those who hate believe that the qb is the only person that should be held accountable.
They do not have a clue what was called or if the recievers even ran the route correctly. Yet it is always Ortons or TEbow fault. Depending on which bandwagon your on.
Hell most folks are acting like they should be in mid season form. aftr a few days of practice.
Reality Check time folks.
*See above who is howling about my post.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 10:11 AM
And that vet has a division title under his belt and his hands down better than any quarterback currently on the Denver Broncos roster. Btw this thread isn't about Cutler. It's about the Denver vs. Dallas so lets keep it on topic.

Yeah.. but WTM predicted that Chicago wouldn't go to the playoffs, then guaranteed they wouldn't win homefield advantage, then guaranteed they wouldn't win a playoff game.

I hope he does NOT guarantee that Tebow's mechanical problems aren't a concern!! :shocked:

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 10:29 AM

And this is EXACTLY why the FO TRADED Orton to get rid of him...
so they could do what is right and develop the kid to discover if he has what it takes THIS YEAR...

so if it aint Tim.. we could draft another QB.

Too bad Orton's selfishness botched the deal..
and we are stuck with him in this year when we can not really expect to win...

but can't just start out developing the raw talent, either... until the losses mount.

Dang I resent Mr Mediocracy... Kyle "Stopgap" Orton, the free agent in waiting.

PAINTERDAVE
08-12-2011, 10:35 AM
no issue with me - and YES I completely agree he has to get to the 2nd and sometimes 3rd reads before deciding to bolt, but you gotta have time for that and for that it looks like only our 1st team Oline is going to be able to give anyone time back there.

Yes.. Tim aint ready.. he needs experience..
but this TEAM aint ready..
and THIS rebuilding year is when ALL the players are getting experience
so we can be competitive in 2012.

What freakin good does it do the Broncos to give Kyle a showcase for free agency..
use valuable playing time for Kyle to develop..
and then he walks and we have
wasted the time we could have used to develop Tebow and or Quinn?

It just makes no sense...

Jagsbch
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
8 TDs and over 800 yards in his first three starts, if that is not a decleration of being ready I don't know what is. :welcome:

Northman
08-12-2011, 02:34 PM
If the shoe fits wear it. *

It is quite apparent it is The same stuff on a different day.

Those who hate believe that the qb is the only person that should be held accountable.
They do not have a clue what was called or if the recievers even ran the route correctly. Yet it is always Ortons or TEbow fault. Depending on which bandwagon your on.
Hell most folks are acting like they should be in mid season form. aftr a few days of practice.
Reality Check time folks.
*See above who is howling about my post.

Seriously dude, snap the **** out of it. Your so much better than this. :tsk:

Bosco
08-12-2011, 03:38 PM
When did McDaniels and his brother work with Tebow? According to written report Tebow more or less ignored by McDaniels. That kind of methodology sucks wind.

Those written reports are simply wrong. Par for the course for the local Denver media, but still wrong. Go check out the long article Sports Illustrated did on Josh and Tebow last year (you can find it online) and it talks at length about how Ben and Josh were working on correcting his throwing motion.

underrated29
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
This is true. However the reality was the coach that drafted that QB was willing to let him develop. When the coach was fired and the new coach hired didn't like the QB he inherited and even tried to trade him!

Now we see the same scenario with Tebow. The coach that drafted Tim has been fired. The new HC is not enamored with the QB he has inherited from a fired head coach he replaced. Suddenly Tebow finds himself in limbo or no man's land.

Such is the Life Cycle in the NFL. NFL = Not For Long! For players and coaches alike.

The only longevity in the NFL are the Fans and the owners.

How did you come up with that crap?- the second paragraph i mean. The first, 3rd and 4th are dead on, but that second one....whoow

Ravage!!!
08-13-2011, 10:28 AM
How did you come up with that crap?- the second paragraph i mean. The first, 3rd and 4th are dead on, but that second one....whoow

whats wrong about it? Seems accurate to me.

Lonestar
08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
And this is EXACTLY why the FO TRADED Orton to get rid of him...
so they could do what is right and develop the kid to discover if he has what it takes THIS YEAR...

so if it aint Tim.. we could draft another QB.

Too bad Orton's selfishness botched the deal..
and we are stuck with him in this year when we can not really expect to win...

but can't just start out developing the raw talent, either... until the losses mount.

Dang I resent Mr Mediocracy... Kyle "Stopgap" Orton, the free agent in waiting.

So let me understand.. If it would have been you, you would have bit a 5 million dollar bullet to appease the fans of DENVER..

Yeah SURE..

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Those written reports are simply wrong. Par for the course for the local Denver media, but still wrong. Go check out the long article Sports Illustrated did on Josh and Tebow last year (you can find it online) and it talks at length about how Ben and Josh were working on correcting his throwing motion.

No the report are not wrong because there was about 10 week window where he wasn't practice time with first team offense. That's directly from Elway right around the time he became the V.P. football operations. He knows more about what's going on with team than we do. I guess once started they just to busy to keep working with the kid they wanted to be the franchise quarterback.

Bosco
08-13-2011, 06:00 PM
No the report are not wrong because there was about 10 week window where he wasn't practice time with first team offense.

Not working with the first team offense and being "ignored" are very different concepts, the later of which is blatantly false.

TXBRONC
08-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Not working with the first team offense and being "ignored" are very different concepts, the later of which is blatantly false.

What I said he more of less ignored him so no it's not blatantly false nor are they different concepts. The fact is after the season started several weeks went by and they didn't work with him. Tebow was the back quarterback he should have been getting snaps with first team offense and he wasn't i.e. he was more or less being ignored.

Bosco
08-14-2011, 05:03 AM
What I said he more of less ignored him so no it's not blatantly false nor are they different concepts. The fact is after the season started several weeks went by and they didn't work with him. Tebow was the back quarterback he should have been getting snaps with first team offense and he wasn't i.e. he was more or less being ignored.

If your only basis for this "he was being ignored" belief is based off his reps with the first team offense then you are forming a belief based off of incomplete knowledge as you are not taking into account the personal and group drills that are also a major part of quarterback development...both of which Tebow would have been involved in.

TXBRONC
08-14-2011, 08:45 AM
If your only basis for this "he was being ignored" belief is based off his reps with the first team offense then you are forming a belief based off of incomplete knowledge as you are not taking into account the personal and group drills that are also a major part of quarterback development...both of which Tebow would have been involved in.

My knowledge is incomplete? Not hardly.

I look at the end result. If the McDaniels boys worked with Tebow beyond camp they did a shitty job. I also go with what Elway said which seems strongly infere that McDaniels and his brother more or less ignored him durning the regular season. Btw you're obsessing over the word ignore and forgetting that I said more or less.

Bosco
08-14-2011, 11:44 PM
My knowledge is incomplete? Not hardly

You've already admitted that it is when you said that you based your assumption off the amount of snaps he took with the first team offense.

I look at the end result. If the McDaniels boys worked with Tebow beyond camp they did a shitty job.

That's a very flawed way of coming to a conclusion, especially given a three game sample size where Tebow looked pretty decent.

It's even more funny that you said this just after the season ended.

:nod: Same here I like what Tebow did over his first three starts but it's he's going solid quarterback in the NFL.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1175321&postcount=28