PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner tonight?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

MileHighCrew
08-10-2011, 04:28 PM
So there was some interest in the Salsa thread, so I thought I'd ask what people are having for dinner.

Tonight I made a sheddard's pie, British style
What are you having?

weazel
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
damn I love shepherds pie! best leftover food of all time!

For tonight I have prime rib sitting over apple wood in the smoker... for the side we will be having mashed potatoes mixed with bacon, onion, ricotta and parmesan
and to top it off, cornbread muffins.

SR
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Mac and cheese with some broccoli and tuna mixed in. I've been living in a hotel (albeit a nice one) for the past three weeks and will be for the next month and a half...I'm living like a bachelor again.

BeefStew25
08-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Probably a fifth of crown washed down with a .45.

frauschieze
08-10-2011, 07:50 PM
PB&J or PB&H. I'm still in an empty house with no dishes or way to cook anything and I'm sick of eating out.

socalthunder
08-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Tri-tip with corn on the cobb. Vodka.

Lancane
08-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Steak medium rare, with Indian Corn and Broccoli.

BigDaddyBronco
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Going to a baseball game tonight. So either a hot dog or pizza, lots of beer, peanuts, maybe a funnel cake. Whatever looks good.

underrated29
08-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I am making stuffed Bell peppers. Sides are sweet mashed buttnernut squash and chili-peppered asparagus. Quick easy and good.

weazel
08-28-2011, 05:22 PM
pizza fatty, cob corn and slaw

SR
08-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Red Baron French bread pizza and Ron Rico rum with diet Coke w/lime.

BroncoJoe
08-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Breakfast.

Slick
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Spaghetti and garlic bread being cooked while i sit on my ass. Life is good.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Skinny
08-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Mustard base BBQ (pulled pork) on buns, tator tots, cole slaw, and cornbread.

SR
08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
I just ate a can of Chunky chicken noodle soup. Now I'm gonna have a Fiber Plus bar followed by my protein shake and a pinch.

Buff
08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I eat out for every single meal. Do they still make women who know how and like to cook? I might like to meet one.

frauschieze
08-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Leftover taco soup, topped with monterey jack, sour cream, green onions and avocado.

Mmmmm.....gotta love stuff that tastes just as good the next day.

SR
08-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I eat out for every single meal. Do they still make women who know how and like to cook? I might like to meet one.

My wife, but she's taken.

SR
08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I had a grilled chicken breast, broccoli, and a potato for dinner. It was tasty.

WTE
09-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I use my Ronco Showtime Rotisserie cooker all the time! Last night it was 7 rib pork roast w/ bbq sauce.

So moist and delicious.

Anyone else have one?

MileHighCrew
09-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Tonight is pulled pork and a beer. Football food

BroncoNut
09-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I rarely eat dinner. If I do, I eat out. tonight I may do chick fillet before the knights meeting.

PatriotsGuy
09-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Think the wife is making steaks tonight but I'm not sure about the sides yet.

MileHighCrew
09-09-2011, 08:58 AM
steak is good.... That is the plan for tonight, thanks

PatriotsGuy
09-09-2011, 09:05 AM
steak is good.... That is the plan for tonight, thanks

Any time! :beer:

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Tonight is pulled pork and a beer. Football food

I did a pork shoulder on my smoker the other night. 12 hours @ 225 F and pulled it out when it was 190 F internal temp. It just fell off the bone, so good. :eating:

weazel
09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
tonight... rib eye steaks, baked potato and maple asparagus.
tomorrow... smoked briskett, slaw and cornbread
sunday... chili in front of the TV watching NFL

PatriotsGuy
09-09-2011, 10:55 AM
That reminds me I need to tell the wife to plan the Sunday menu.

chazoe60
09-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Whatever it is it won't have carbs. My fat ass is going carb free.

Buff
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
tonight... rib eye steaks, baked potato and maple asparagus.
tomorrow... smoked briskett, slaw and cornbread
sunday... chili in front of the TV watching NFL

How do you already know this? I am incapable of planning more than 4 hours in the future.

weazel
09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Whatever it is it won't have carbs. My fat ass is going carb free.

going carb free is a terrible diet... your body needs them and will get it from wheerver it can, so it gets it from skeletal muscle.

chazoe60
09-09-2011, 11:07 AM
going carb free is a terrible diet... your body needs them and will get it from wheerver it can, so it gets it from skeletal muscle.

What about carbs fom vegetables? I still eat those.

weazel
09-09-2011, 11:15 AM
What about carbs fom vegetables? I still eat those.

sure, but you said "whatever you eat wont have carbs, my fat ass is going carb free"

Going carb free is really, really not good for you. Yes you will lose weight, but not the right way.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't know what's for dinner, but my wife and are are going to have cocktails with Alton Brown.

Dreadnought
09-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't know what's for dinner, but my wife and are are going to have cocktails with Alton Brown.

Alton Brown has made my life better. My wife keeps his show on prepping and cooking tenderloins permanently on the Tivo so she can refer to it. He's a friggin' genius

MileHighCrew
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
John Elway is going to be a guest on the Great food truck race 2 next week when the show is in Denver

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 12:04 PM
John Elway is going to be a guest on the Great food truck race 2 next week when the show is in Denver

That show aired 2 weeks ago. I was surprised when I saw him.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Alton Brown has made my life better. My wife keeps his show on prepping and cooking tenderloins permanently on the Tivo so she can refer to it. He's a friggin' genius

I'm pretty excited to meet him. I have done his method of cooking fajitas several times.

MileHighCrew
09-09-2011, 12:05 PM
That show aired 2 weeks ago. I was surprised when I saw him.

OH, well in that case, John Elway is going to guest star on the great food truxk race 2 this week in Canada...... guess we are on delay. :lol:

slim
09-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Alton is kind of a homo. But he tought me how to brine a turkey, so I still like him.

Tink where are you going to meat him?

Krplboy
09-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Can of Pepsi and 4 Reese's peanut butter cups.:rolleyes:

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Alton is kind of a homo. But he tought me how to brine a turkey, so I still like him.

http://www.cedar-rapids.com/events/view.php?id=1912

We paid extra to go to the cocktail hour before he does his presentation.

MileHighCrew
09-09-2011, 12:23 PM
wow that is cheap for that. Let us know how it went.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2011, 02:10 PM

I use his turkey brining recipe every Thanksgiving. Going on 6 or 7 years now.

slim
09-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I use his turkey brining recipe every Thanksgiving. Going on 6 or 7 years now.

I can't believe I ever ate turkey that wasn't brined...it just seems so wrong now.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I can't believe I ever ate turkey that wasn't brined...it just seems so wrong now.

His rig for frying turkey is ingenious also.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Alton was freaking hilarious. If you ever get a chance to see him, go.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 11:09 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LYeX3ChgYXg/TmqmBblzXdI/AAAAAAAAAbQ/MvVgbBYekMM/h301/IMAG0238.jpg

BeefStew25
09-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Jason Campbell

PatriotsGuy
09-14-2011, 09:08 AM
This thread is hard because I don't know that the wife is making in advance. Last night it was beef cutlets spinach and couscous.

MOtorboat
06-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Chicken enchiladas. Slow cooked the chicken in enchilada sauce all day, shredded it, added green chiles, more sauce and cheese, wrapped it all up in tortillas and cooked it...damn good.

Chef Zambini
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
BBQ turkey wings.
same procedure as my oveb recipe for ribs.
section off your wings first, trim away excess skin along sides.
I have a brisket in the fridge right now marinating in Dr, pepper fo tomorrow.
going to finish off with red cabbage and onions.

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
DR. PEPPER BRISKET:
wash and dry brisket marinade for 12 hours in Dr. Pepper with fresh sliced sweet onion rings
(pickling spices optional )
remove from marinade, broil for 10 minutes along with onions, 5 minutes each side.
return the beef and onions to same marinade '
add fresh sliced orange wheels,
and braise in oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
remove meet from braising liquid, rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.

meanwhile portion a head of cabbage
cut in half down the middle of the core stem, then divide into 6 sections, again cutting along stem core.
(this will keep the cabbage intact, I use red cabbage)
add the portioned cabbage to the braISING LIQUID ALONG WITH ORANGES AND ONIONS
ADD A THIRD CUP OF VINEGAR, i used a raspberry balsamic.
be sure cabbage is almost completely submersed in liquid, add stock or water or beer to maintain level.
braise the cabbage in this liquid for 30 minutes.
(either in oven or on range top, covered if red cabbage, uncovered if green.)

after 20 minute rest period for meat, broil again, both sides 4 minutes each, carmelize additional onions if you wish.
remove brisket from broil, rest additional 15 minutes before slicing.

pull cabage and oranges from braising liquid, bring liquid to a boil, then simmer 20 minutes.
pour over sliced brisket and cabbage,
serve with onions and braised orange segments.
be sure to slice brisket across grain!

Slick
06-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Chicken enchiladas. Slow cooked the chicken in enchilada sauce all day, shredded it, added green chiles, more sauce and cheese, wrapped it all up in tortillas and cooked it...damn good.

That sounds delicious Mo.

DR. PEPPER BRISKET:
wash and dry brisket marinade for 12 hours in Dr. Pepper with fresh sliced sweet onion rings
(pickling spices optional )
remove from marinade, broil for 10 minutes along with onions, 5 minutes each side.
return the beef and onions to same marinade '
add fresh sliced orange wheels,
and braise in oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
remove meet from braising liquid, rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.

meanwhile portion a head of cabbage
cut in half down the middle of the core stem, then divide into 6 sections, again cutting along stem core.
(this will keep the cabbage intact, I use red cabbage)
add the portioned cabbage to the braISING LIQUID ALONG WITH ORANGES AND ONIONS
ADD A THIRD CUP OF VINEGAR, i used a raspberry balsamic.
be sure cabbage is almost completely submersed in liquid, add stock or water or beer to maintain level.
braise the cabbage in this liquid for 30 minutes.
(either in oven or on range top, covered if red cabbage, uncovered if green.)

after 20 minute rest period for meat, broil again, both sides 4 minutes each, carmelize additional onions if you wish.
remove brisket from broil, rest additional 15 minutes before slicing.

pull cabage and oranges from braising liquid, bring liquid to a boil, then simmer 20 minutes.
pour over sliced brisket and cabbage,
serve with onions and braised orange segments.
be sure to slice brisket across grain!

So does this Zam. I'll have to try it if I can find a decent brisket down here. Could I do this same recipe with a pork shoulder?

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 03:24 PM
That sounds delicious Mo.

So does this Zam. I'll have to try it if I can find a decent brisket down here. Could I do this same recipe with a pork shoulder?I dont see why not/ I usually go southwest, green chili with pork, but sweet renditions (very austrian or german) work too !
I have a pork loin that I will be doing later this week.

SR
06-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm going fancy tonight. Gonna throw some boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grill.

SR
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
I also had some gourmet Green Giant steamer broccoli and some Grillin' Beans. Goddamn I'm good

moning
06-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Beef and wine

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 07:54 AM
why dont you buy fresh broccoli?
3 minutes in boiling water, done! drizzle some butter or vavorite salad dressing, or just season as you like, salt, garlic, pepper?
No processing, no packaging, no waiting for frozen / thaw time.
bring the water to a boil drop in the broccoli, 3 minutes later , take out broccoli and eat !

MileHighCrew
06-07-2012, 08:15 AM
3 minutes in boiling water, done! drizzle some butter or vavorite salad dressing, or just season as you like, salt, garlic, pepper?
bring the water to a boil drop in the broccoli, 3 minutes later , take out broccoli and eat !

I pour a lime / cilantro dressing over broccoli, it is very good.

SR
06-07-2012, 08:28 AM

Because I can put the bag of frozen broccoli in the micro and nuke it for five minutes while i'm grilling and not think about it. I don't give a shit about gourmet food. I care about my diet and tailoring it to my fitness goals, which doesn't include salad dressing, salt, butter, or anything else. Dry rub is a stretch for me.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
calm down, sport.
if you are eating for health reasons, all the more reason to drop the hostility and try fresh broccoli after a 3 minute boil.
its delicious without anything on it !

not frozen, not processed and not nuked.
does that fit your healthy lifestyle gameplan?
how about your wallet?
probably a third of the price of your packaged broccoli !

Thnikkaman
06-07-2012, 10:14 AM

Because Frozen Broccoli is often fresher than fresh broccoli. Frozen vegitables are often flash frozen within hours of being harvested, and usually contain more nutrients than what is "fresh" from the produce department. I try to only buy unfrozen produce when I know it was grown and harvested locally.

Buff
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Because Frozen Broccoli is often fresher than fresh broccoli. Frozen vegitables are often flash frozen within hours of being harvested, and usually contain more nutrients than what is "fresh" from the produce department. I try to only buy unfrozen produce when I know it was grown and harvested locally.

I think fresh or frozen is fine... But I've been brainwashed to believe the microwave kills nutrients, even if NTL posts links to the contrary.

SR
06-07-2012, 10:35 AM
calm down, sport.
if you are eating for health reasons, all the more reason to drop the hostility and try fresh broccoli after a 3 minute boil.
its delicious without anything on it !

not frozen, not processed and not nuked.
does that fit your healthy lifestyle gameplan?
how about your wallet?
probably a third of the price of your packaged broccoli !

Well don't come at me and I won't be hostile. It's not like I don't make fresh food. I made some killer chicken tacos with home made (by me) mango avacado salsa a couple weekends ago. I can cook just fine, but I'm often pressed for time because I have a job, I go to school, have a wife that goes to school, and a one year old.

Slick
06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Take fresh broccoli florets, drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle them with minced garlic and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Way better than boiling it.

SR
06-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Take fresh broccoli florets, drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle them with minced garlic and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Way better than boiling it.

I like to put them in a container with a little olive oil and squeeze a lemon over it then shake the shit out of it and cook 'em in the over till they're done. It's awesome that way.

CoachChaz
06-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Nuke some broccoli, nuke some processed cheese spread and combine.

Party

SR
06-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Charlie, there has to be a way for you to make your own cheese spread to put on some fresh steamed broccoli that would be a much better alternative.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Well don't come at me and I won't be hostile. It's not like I don't make fresh food. I made some killer chicken tacos with home made (by me) mango avacado salsa a couple weekends ago. I can cook just fine, but I'm often pressed for time because I have a job, I go to school, have a wife that goes to school, and a one year old.you yourself the frozen takes 5 minutes, fresh just 3.
roasted veggies are great, but you have to heatup the oven for that, ok if you arer cooking other things in the oven.

my friend, i am trying to be helpful not hostile.

how about this;
try cooking the brocoli as i suggested, then use your shake the shit out of it technique, only put the fresh cooked broccoli in the container, and then eat it afer you shake it !
I love roasted cauliflower, spinkle it with some low fat parmesian cheese.
as for fresh or frozen I grew up on birds-eye!
my favorite was the broccoli in butter sauce that came in a pouch that you boiled.
micro-waves did not exist back then !

some personnal bullshit for my friend red:

My mom made BIRDS_EYE instead of fresh broccoli because freah broccoli did not come with cooking instructions !
My mom, a single parent raising 2 boys all by herself!
married at 18,
first child at 19,
had me at age 20,
and divorced and on her own before age 21!
seeing red, I empathise with your circumstances and understand your anger, but please understand i am the wrong target for your hostility.

eat well, be happy.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 11:24 AM
and now for some technical shit:
broccoli contains both vitamin C and vitamin A, the C is water soluble, the A is fat soluble, thats why broccoli cooked using both water and oil 9fat) generates the best tasting broccoli because you release both A and C components!
carrots are almost all vitamin A so boiling or steaming does not release much flavor, but you put those carrots in oil or butter and the flavor comes alive !

fat soulble vitamins; A...D...E...K
water soluble vitamins B....C.
most minerals are water soluble.

CoachChaz
06-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Charlie, there has to be a way for you to make your own cheese spread to put on some fresh steamed broccoli that would be a much better alternative.

Probably...but that would require research and effort. By the time I figure it out, I could have already eaten.

I'll be honest. I really would prefer to eat better, but I simply dont have time.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 11:39 AM
fresh food and healthy cooking, usually entails less time and effort in the preparation process.

PURCHASING healthy, wholesome foods is the key

just tell me what vegetables you like and i will be happy to suggest healthy, EASY cooking methods.
par boiling and grilling usually work best.

SR
06-07-2012, 11:41 AM
you yourself the frozen takes 5 minutes, fresh just 3.
roasted veggies are great, but you have to heatup the oven for that, ok if you arer cooking other things in the oven.

my friend, i am trying to be helpful not hostile.

how about this;
try cooking the brocoli as i suggested, then use your shake the shit out of it technique, only put the fresh cooked broccoli in the container, and then eat it afer you shake it !
I love roasted cauliflower, spinkle it with some low fat parmesian cheese.
as for fresh or frozen I grew up on birds-eye!
my favorite was the broccoli in butter sauce that came in a pouch that you boiled.
micro-waves did not exist back then !
some personnal bullshit for my freind red:
My mom made this instead of fresh broccoli because freah broccoli did not come with cooking instructions !
My mom, a single parent raising 2 boys all by herself!
married at 18,
first child at 19,
me at age 20, and divorced and on her own before age 21!
seeing red, I empathise with your circumstances and understand your anger, but please understand i am the wrong target for your hostility.

eat well, be happy.

I'm not angry dude. Definitely do not want empathy. Just don't like being told how to live my life, especially when I'm making 100% sarcastic posts.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I am not telling anyone how to live their lives, I am suggesting ways to cook food in a food forum.
you shared with me some personal stuff, I thought it appropriate to share some of mine.
I guess your moniker and avatar say it all. excuse me.

SR
06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I am not telling anyone how to live their lives, I am suggesting ways to cook food in a food forum.
you shared with me some personal stuff, I thought it appropriate to share some of mine.
I guess your moniker and avatar say it all. excuse me.

You're reading me wrong homie. You've got some excellent food talk in this and other threads, but when I'm being sarcastic about how awesome my 10 minute dinner was, I don't expect/want feed back about how to make a quick, low cal, low carb dinner "better". It was rhetorical, more or less. I'm not angry or hostile, just dry and sarcastic and you're just reading it wrong. I'll try to use more emoticons or something.

Thnikkaman
06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
fresh food and healthy cooking, usually entails less time and effort in the preparation process.

just tell me what vegetables you like and i will be happy to suggest healthy, EASY cooking methods.

What do you like to do with Artichokes? Simple. I'm not a fan of stuffed chokes.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 04:16 PM
What do you like to do with Artichokes? Simple. I'm not a fan of stuffed chokes.artichoke, cut stem even with bottom leaves, trim pointy tops of 'choke with scissors, cut off top inch of choke
add sliced lemon to a pan of boiling water, enough water to submerse one THIRD of artichoke, allow choke to boil in water bottom side down for 10 minutes, turn over the choke, bottom side up and finish with lid on and low boil for another 15-20 minutes.
leaves should pull away easily
I like it simple too with seasoned mayo and melted butter.
when you get down to last leaves, pull away the purble undercarriage, and trim away the choking little fibers by usig a spoon to scrape away the hairs from the edible core.
( The artichoke bottom)

CoachChaz
06-07-2012, 04:28 PM

In all honesty, I'm one of those weird people that just loves pretty much all fruits and vegetables. Squash and zucchini are some of my favorites to get dreative with when I have time.

SR
06-07-2012, 04:45 PM
In all honesty, I'm one of those weird people that just loves pretty much all fruits and vegetables. Squash and zucchini are some of my favorites to get dreative with when I have time.

Go to Kohl's and buy the Bobby Flay veggie tray for the grill. Slice up some squash and zucchini, toss in some light olive oil and some seasoning (I like the salt free Ms Dash) and toss it in that thing on the grill for a bit. Delicious.

CoachChaz
06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Go to Kohl's and buy the Bobby Flay veggie tray for the grill. Slice up some squash and zucchini, toss in some light olive oil and some seasoning (I like the salt free Ms Dash) and toss it in that thing on the grill for a bit. Delicious.

Just won a Kohl's gift card recently. I may have something to use it on!!!

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 05:18 PM
grilled veggies great! long slices of zuccini on the grill, awesome.

SR
06-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Had stuffed bell peppers tonight. One of my favorites.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 07:47 PM
stuffed bell peppers was the ONLY thing my grandmother cooked.
My grandfather did all the cooking.
were they stuffed with rice and ground beef?

SR
06-08-2012, 09:04 AM
stuffed bell peppers was the ONLY thing my grandmother cooked.
My grandfather did all the cooking.
were they stuffed with rice and ground beef?

I stuffed them with seasoned ground turkey and brown rice with a basil garlic spaghetti sauce.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 09:44 AM
sounds great, sounds healthy too.

SR
06-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Absolutely. Each pepper was about 160 calories.

artie_dale
06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Big plate of Jager Schnitzel w/ pommes (fried pork cutlet w/ Jager sauce and fries) and washing it all down with 2 liter Bitburgers. A Farewell dinner with some close friends at the Forsthaus Beckenhof

MileHighCrew
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Wife and kids went to the in-laws for the weekend, so dinner tonight is whatever the hell I want LOL

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Absolutely. Each pepper was about 160 calories.red or green pepper?

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Wife and kids went to the in-laws for the weekend, so dinner tonight is whatever the hell I want LOLpizza and a hooker?

SR
06-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I could go for that. Minus the pizza. Wait. What?

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
NO PIZZA? where you gonna stick your pepperoni?

SR
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Touche!

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Touche!that's what she said.

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 07:41 AM
made a brisket last night 8 hour marinade in beer, sugar and fresh sliced oranges.
braised in the same liquid for 2 hours at 300 F,
turned out great !
tonight baby back ribs.

MOtorboat
06-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Johnsonville Burgerbrats for lunch...anyone tried them?

chazoe60
06-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Johnsonville Burgerbrats for lunch...anyone tried them?

Yes, they're ******* delicious.

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I have seen them in the store, I was qurious, thanks !

MOtorboat
06-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Not bad, really. Not bad. I still prefer a brat versus the burger, and a burger versus a Burgerbrat. But still good.

chazoe60
06-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Not bad, really. Not bad. I still prefer a brat versus the burger, and a burger versus a Burgerbrat. But still good.

I thought they were really good, but they have a sorta deep fried twinkie feel to them in that as you eat it you're thinking "is this even right?".

artie_dale
06-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Me + Beer + Modified Havana Burger (grilled/pressed Ciabatta bread, 2 beef patties, 2 thick bacon slices, pickles, slice of roast pork shoulder, slice of sharp cheddar, lettuce, tomatos, red onion, mayo, mustard, ketchup) = HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Dreadnought
06-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Beef tenderloin with Bernaise sauce, asparagus, a nice wine, and Drambuie for an after dinner aperatif. Superb. My wife really loves me, more than I deserve

SR
06-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Grilled chicken with dry rub, steamed broccoli, and beans. Typical dinner for me.

Chef Zambini
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Beef tenderloin with Bernaise sauce, asparagus, a nice wine, and Drambuie for an after dinner aperatif. Superb. My wife really loves me, more than I deservewho made the bernaise?

Thnikkaman
06-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Saturday night we made brazilian pork loin lettuce wraps. I'll link to the recipe when Cooking Light has it available.

BroncoNut
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Saturday night we made brazilian pork loin lettuce wraps. I'll link to the recipe when Cooking Light has it available.

shit sounds good

Chef Zambini
06-19-2012, 03:16 PM
shit sounds goodif your constipated .
... or hard of hearing and stuck on a deserted island.

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 11:54 AM
if your constipated .
... or hard of hearing and stuck on a deserted island.

I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast every day

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast every day

This thread is about dinner, nut.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast every dayno wonder you have such a foul disposition.
tuff way to start your day.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 05:48 PM
BTW, you have no sense of humor.

Chef Zambini
06-24-2012, 08:51 PM
had the day off today, so I did my brined and roasted breat of turkey and made a nice beek stew for lunch. I bought an organic beef chuck roast, quick sautee with onions, then braised for 1 hour in stock. added large dice red potatos,in the last 20 minutes.
and then, roasted seperatly, carrots, celery and mushrooms, that I added to the beef for ten minutes.

SR
06-24-2012, 08:54 PM
I grilled steaks and chicken breasts, and had some baked beans and sweet corn. The steaks were some of the best I've ever cooked

SR
06-24-2012, 08:54 PM
BTW, you have no sense of humor.

Your mom

Chef Zambini
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Your mommy mom died from liver cancer in 2004, august 4th.
what point were you trying to make?

Chef Zambini
06-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I grilled steaks and chicken breasts, and had some baked beans and sweet corn. The steaks were some of the best I've ever cookedwhy do you think they turned out so well/
did you do anything different, or just buy a better quality steak?

SR
06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
why do you think they turned out so well/
did you do anything different, or just buy a better quality steak?

They turned out so well because they were effing amazing. Tasted great. Melted in my mouth.

Chef Zambini
06-25-2012, 10:39 AM
did you buy a different steak?
did you use a different seasoning
did you alter the way you cooked them
were they grilled alongside the chicken
why do you think these steaks were so FN amazin compared to your last endeavors
dont you want to duplicate the enjoyment next time?
of course you do ! so you have to ask the question WHY, why were these so much better?

Chef Zambini
06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
melt in your mouht... more marbling.
or perhaps there was a rest period during the cooking process that allowed the juices to redistribute and the muscle tissue to relax.
This could esily be the answer i you pulled them off the grill to finish the chicken and then put them back on to heat up.
I know you normally do a skin off chicken, so its not likely the breast effected the flavor

SR
06-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Chef Zambini
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
I am glad you enjoyed your dinner.
maybe if you stopped looking for a hidden motive, you might realize i am just trying to help you enjoy EVERY steak you cook.

SR
06-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I do enjoy every steak I cook.

Chef Zambini
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I grilled steaks and chicken breasts, and had some baked beans and sweet corn.
The steaks were some of the best I've ever cooked
I read this and think,
'these steaks were betteer than before, why is that"
I am glad you enjoy all your steaks, but if, as you say, these were 'exceptional" then figuring out WHY will help you to duplicate the enjoyment.

now calm down, i did not say or suggest that you did not enjoy other steaks, but you said these were some of the best !

Thnikkaman
06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Last night ate a roasted corn salad with saffron rice on the side.

I'm thinking that I'm going to try the weekday vegetarian thing since I enjoy the health benefits of eating that way, but I can't ever imagine eating my last hamburger or steak.

Thnikkaman
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Dear Zam,

Unsolicited advice is rarely wanted or appreciated.

Chef Zambini
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
point well taken, I am genuinly trying to be helpful, I question the motivation in posting what you cooked or ate other than gloating.
if you dont want to discuss what you cooked, why bother/
or are you just looking for an "oh dude, you make my mouth water" response?

I used to be an excellent chef until they moved me to safety

SR
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
point well taken, I am genuinly trying to be helpful, I question the motivation in posting what you cooked or ate other than gloating.
if you dont want to discuss what you cooked, why bother/
or are you just looking for an "oh dude, you make my mouth water" response?

I used to be an excellent chef until they moved me to safety

The title of the thread is "what's for dinner tonight". If I want to tell you that I am going to have Taco Bell for dinner tonight, this is the thread I'll post it in. You have another thread about cuisine, so if you want to talk about how to make what you cook better or discuss preparation processes or whatever, that would be the more appropriate thread for it.

Chef Zambini
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Last night ate a roasted corn salad with saffron rice on the side.

I'm thinking that I'm going to try the weekday vegetarian thing since I enjoy the health benefits of eating that way, but I can't ever imagine eating my last hamburger or steak.care to share your ingredients in either ?
have you ever considered tumeric instead of saffron?

Thnikkaman
06-26-2012, 01:23 PM
care to share your ingredients in either ?
have you ever considered tumeric instead of saffron?

The saffron rice was a packet of pre-seasoned bag-o-yellow rice. I am not a fan of tumeric which kind of sucks since I do enjoy an occasional curry. Tumerick and Cinimon are the two spices that have put me off of most M1editeranian and Indian cuisine.

The salad recipe was out of this month's cooking light magazine, from memory it had:

Grilled Corn on the cob (Remove the silk from the corn, soak in water for 30 minutes to an hour and grill ~10 minutes on each side on a hot grill)
Roasted Red Peppers (did these myself)
Roasted Pablano Peppers (Did these the same way as the red)
Roasted green onion (2 minutes per side)
Roasted Avacado
And Black beans.

Seasoning included Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Cilantro, and something else I'm not coming up with at the moment.

Basically, combine the ingredients and serve. If you don't know how to roast peppers (I know you do Zam), you can do it on a hot grill, or on a gas stove burner. Just put them on direct heat and wait until the pepper is charred (black and burnt is a good thing). Do this on each side. When the pepper has sufficient char, put them in a ziplock bag or a bowl with saran wrap over it and let them "steam" for at least 15 minutes. When they are done, peel the charred skins off, remove stems and seeds (optional/seeds in sweet peppers are gross anyway), and slice up to desired size.

Chef Zambini
06-27-2012, 09:40 AM
sounds great, but I gotta admit roasted avocado sounds weird to me !

chazoe60
06-27-2012, 10:42 AM
At the Telluride Bluegrass Festival we went to a little sandwich shop called Brown Bag Deli, holy shit! Best sandwich I ever had. Simple but delicious. They had a laminated card that you could fill out and do a build uour own sammy so I had a Grilled chicken breast w/ bacon, avacado, cheddar, and chipotle mayo on sourdough. Yum!

Chef Zambini
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
the package rice, zataran?

Chef Zambini
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
I like the low sodium zataran.
lundberg also makes a rissoto with porcini that is excellent, organic as well !
yet still a pretty good value !
I substitute stock for water, give it a shot !

Buff
06-27-2012, 02:17 PM
I've actually kind of enjoyed zam inadvertently trolling SR in this thread. I don't know which is funnier, zam trying to be the authority on all things cooking, or SR getting bent out of shape about his meals being critiqued. High entertainment either way.

slim
06-27-2012, 02:23 PM
I've actually kind of enjoyed zam inadvertently trolling SR in this thread. I don't know which is funnier, zam trying to be the authority on all things cooking, or SR getting bent out of shape about his meals being critiqued. High entertainment either way.

There is a similar situation with SR in the workout thread (only his antagonist is Rev). That's pretty funny, too.

I guess SR just attracts a certain kind of person.

SR
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM

:laugh:

I just don't want to come here and post about my steak then get the inquisition about how I prepped it, how I cooked it, what I cooked it with, what the marble to meat ratio is, etc. ******' ridiculous. ITS A STEAK! This is America. We don't make gourmet steaks unless we make six figures or more. My government salary won't let me cook 12oz deli bacon wrapped organic specialty filets four days a week.

SR
06-27-2012, 03:24 PM
There is a similar situation with SR in the workout thread (only his antagonist is Rev). That's pretty funny, too.

I guess SR just attracts a certain kind of person.

I don't know what it is either. Maybe it's because I'm dry and cynical most of the time?

BroncoNut
06-28-2012, 08:17 AM
I don't know what it is either. Maybe it's because I'm dry and cynical most of the time?

you're quick tempered when it comes to discussing issues or anything else for that matter

BroncoNut
06-28-2012, 08:18 AM
:laugh:

I just don't want to come here and post about my steak then get the inquisition about how I prepped it, how I cooked it, what I cooked it with, what the marble to meat ratio is, etc. ******' ridiculous. ITS A STEAK! This is America. We don't make gourmet steaks unless we make six figures or more. My government salary won't let me cook 12oz deli bacon wrapped organic specialty filets four days a week.

Zam is pretty much a snob. He can't afford that either on his busboy salary, but he plays the know it all rich boy snob

SR
06-28-2012, 08:21 AM
you're quick tempered when it comes to discussing issues or anything else for that matter

That's where I disagree. Rev keeps calling me sensitive and you call me quick tempered, but most of the time when I read the shit people post I think to myself "this guy is ******* retarded". I literally take things with a grain of salt. Maybe I'll start using more punctuation or something because I'm tired of people misreading my posts and misinterpreting my intentions or posts.

BroncoNut
06-28-2012, 09:40 AM
That's where I disagree. Rev keeps calling me sensitive and you call me quick tempered, but most of the time when I read the shit people post I think to myself "this guy is ******* retarded". I literally take things with a grain of salt. Maybe I'll start using more punctuation or something because I'm tired of people misreading my posts and misinterpreting my intentions or posts.

whatever you decide to do, don't do anything stupid

SR
06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
whatever you decide to do, don't do anything stupid

Sound advice. Thank you nut.

Thnikkaman
06-28-2012, 11:23 AM
the package rice, zataran?

No, it was Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/215cZgcq42L.jpg

weazel
06-28-2012, 11:44 AM
the last two pages of this thread are pure gold!

artie_dale
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Pork Sinigang! A Filipino dish like a stew, eaten with white rice. It is made with pork ribs, daikon (a root), bok choi (a cabbage), yellow onion, potatos, tomatos, lemon juice, and water.

Here's one of the recipes avail online: http://panlasangpinoy.com/2009/07/20/filipino-food-pork-sinigang-na-baboy/

artie_dale
06-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Speaking of steak, my wife and I are pretty simple with our prep. We coat each steak with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and coat it with Cavender's Greek Seasoning (a dry rub). Throw that shit on a sizzling hot grill for a couple mins or two on each side and KAPOW! Tasty, tasty!

NightTerror218
06-29-2012, 05:43 PM
microwavable dinner for the win

I am kidding. Its all about the BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rock Fish in the oven tomorrow.

Chef Zambini
07-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Speaking of steak, my wife and I are pretty simple with our prep. We coat each steak with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and coat it with Cavender's Greek Seasoning (a dry rub). Throw that shit on a sizzling hot grill for a couple mins or two on each side and KAPOW! Tasty, tasty!cavendars, a great seasoning mix!
one of the originals !

Chef Zambini
07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
microwavable dinner for the win

I am kidding. Its all about the BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rock Fish in the oven tomorrow.marie calendars turkey pot pie !

frauschieze
07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
marie calendars turkey pot pie !

Sure if you want 2000 calories in one sitting.

Chef Zambini
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Sure if you want 2000 calories in one sitting.its not the calories, its the SODIUM !

SR
07-02-2012, 07:52 AM
its not the calories, its the SODIUM !

Um. It IS the calories.

chazoe60
07-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Thinking of making fish tonight. Do you know a good recipe Chef, preferably something a kid will eat also.

Skinny
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/images/jdbabybackribs.jpg

slim
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Thinking of making fish tonight. Do you know a good recipe Chef, preferably something a kid will eat also.

I think the sell fish at McDonalds.

Chef Zambini
07-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Thinking of making fish tonight. Do you know a good recipe Chef, preferably something a kid will eat also.what kind of fish?
for kids, crumble up their favorite cereaL AND use it as breading! classic breading method is to first dust the fish with flour, then dip in egg bath, then bread.
you can either bake at 425 or fry in hot oil.
talapia or sole a good choice for kids, cod also works.
introduce them to salmon with an orange honey glaze.
broil or grill the salmon, skin side down.

Chef Zambini
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
swordfish cut into cubes makes a nice fish kabob, you can add veggies if the kid will eat them or sausage, even wrap the fish cubes in bacon.

Chef Zambini
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Um. It IS the calories.
650 calories,
1000 MG of sodium!
38 grams of fat.

the latter two are a far greater concern for those wishing to eat healthy,
looking to avoid heart and blood pressure concern

chazoe60
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
what kind of fish?
for kids, crumble up their favorite cereaL AND use it as breading! classic breading method is to first dust the fish with flour, then dip in egg bath, then bread.
you can either bake at 425 or fry in hot oil.
talapia or sole a good choice for kids, cod also works.
introduce them to salmon with an orange honey glaze.
broil or grill the salmon, skin side down.

swordfish cut into cubes makes a nice fish kabob, you can add veggies if the kid will eat them or sausage, even wrap the fish cubes in bacon.

Thanks Chef. I've just Recently got into cooking and have found I have a bit of a knack for it. Nothing Master Chef or like you can do but like I said I just started doing it.
I'm a huge Gordon Ramsay fan, I'll watch anything he's in and I especially love Master Chef and I think the years of watching him and the food network have changed my subconscience and now I want to cook and do it well. So I told my wife I'd start being the chef for the family. I think it'll be a hood thing.

I think I'll give the Talapia a try. Side of veggies, maybe some sauteed potatoes. That'll be good.

NightTerror218
07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I just made fish last night. I buy premade breading. Dip in egg and toss into hot oil. I made halibut last night. I am going to do beer battered soon.

ShooterJM
07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Tonight? Thai peanut pasta.

Chef Zambini
07-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I just made fish last night. I buy premade breading. Dip in egg and toss into hot oil. I made halibut last night. I am going to do beer battered soon.beer batter is for deep frying.

put 2 cans of coors light in a pillow case.
assault a midget with the pillow case filled with the cans... beer battered shrimp !

Chef Zambini
07-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I just made fish last night. I buy premade breading. Dip in egg and toss into hot oil. I made halibut last night. I am going to do beer battered soon.commercial breading, I reccomend PANKO !

SR
07-03-2012, 05:14 AM
I just made fish last night. I buy premade breading. Dip in egg and toss into hot oil. I made halibut last night. I am going to do beer battered soon.

There is this Irish pub in Alexandria, VA that beer batter fries EVERYTHING. It's my favorite

NightTerror218
07-03-2012, 11:47 AM
beer batter is for deep frying.

put 2 cans of coors light in a pillow case.
assault a midget with the pillow case filled with the cans... beer battered shrimp !

I have beer battered in pan with hot oil before and it was awesome. It came from Bass Pro Shop.

As for the breading I use, it is a Alaskan made breading I buy at local sporting goods store.

Chef Zambini
07-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I deep fry in my wok.

BroncoNut
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I'd like to deep fry your wok

I wish Tubby would post more. I miss him

SR
07-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I had Boston's for dinner

chazoe60
07-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I made homemade Alfredo sauce and used some very good pasta we got at the farmer's market. The pasta is called Mild spice red pepper fettucini. It was delicious. I nailed the sauce.

MOtorboat
07-04-2012, 08:55 PM

I have never even heard of Boston's...now, after googling it, I want to go there.

What did you have?

SR
07-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Two pints of Sam Adams Summer Ale and an individual BBQ chicken pizza. My wife and I love that place

Thnikkaman
07-05-2012, 10:21 AM
We had a Bostons in Iowa City, but it was not in a great location so it went under.

Last night I had a sub from Jimmy Johns. Tonight I'll likely be having Bi Bim Bap.

SR
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Jimmy John's is awesome, but I stay away from the subs. If I go there, I get my sammiches on their whole grain bread.

BroncoNut
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM

I hear that they taste pretty good if you can get one young

SR
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Good one nut

BroncoNut
07-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Good one nut

ah, thanks but it was pretty stupid actually, and I think you would agree. when you say Boston's your mean Boston Market?

SR
07-05-2012, 10:49 AM
No...Boston's Pizza.

http://www.bostons.com/bostonswall/

BroncoNut
07-05-2012, 10:50 AM
No...Boston's Pizza.

http://www.bostons.com/bostonswall/

thanks. never heard of them either

turftoad
07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Had foot long hotdogs last night for the 4th. It's a tradition. It's American!

Chef Zambini
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
BBQ turkey wings and legs.
I follow the same 5 phase tec hnique that I use for baby back ribs.

MOtorboat
07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Chicken stir fry and rice pilaf.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/clapton_2/Dinner.jpg

SR
07-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Chicken tacos with mango avocado salsa. Not the first time I've made this and posted about it but it's one of my favorite things to make

Thnikkaman
07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I had Bi Bim Bop for lunch today. So good.

AlWilsonizKING
07-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Leftover Fried Chicken and Ramen. With Frosted Mini Wheat to-go cups for dessert.

Being broke sucks.

PEACE!!!

Thnikkaman
07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Leftover Fried Chicken and Ramen. With Frosted Mini Wheat to-go cups for dessert.

Being broke sucks.

PEACE!!!

Here's a vid from a short video series that helps you eat less sucky on a very strict budget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgVne7KH82w

SR
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I had beer brats (grilled) and baked beans last night.

NightTerror218
07-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Rockfish Fajitas.

1 Red/Green Pepper, 1 onion, 1 jalapeno sauteed in cast iron skillet with fajitas seasoning.

Rockfish pan seared with fajitas seasoning.

Some pico de gallo, chunked avocado, sour cream, and 6 inch corn tortillas heated in oven

BroncoNut
07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I had Bi Bim Bop for lunch today. So good.

is that vietnamese?

SR
07-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Korean

moning
07-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Mustard base BBQ (pulled pork) on buns, tator tots, cole slaw, and cornbread.

i love BBQ

shank
07-11-2012, 08:21 AM
last night i cooked up deer steak and risotto with prosciutto and smoked gouda. i totally just had to google prosciutto to find out how to spell it.

SR
07-11-2012, 08:22 AM
i love BBQ

I do too, but not mustard base BBQ. That's how they do BBQ in a lot of places in the south, especially Alabama. I'm not a fan.

SR
07-11-2012, 08:22 AM
last night i cooked up deer steak and risotto with prosciutto and smoked gouda. i totally just had to google prosciutto to find out how to spell it.

I do that a lot. I open up Outlook and spell it in an e-mail...spell check does the rest.

Buff
07-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Chicken stir fry and rice pilaf.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/clapton_2/Dinner.jpg

Were you feeding a small child? Where's the rest of it?

SR
07-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Were you feeding a small child? Where's the rest of it?

I can picture him moving the peppers and chicken around so that it looks presentable for a picture.

MOtorboat
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Not in the mood to come up with anything clever.

Eff both of you.

slim
07-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Went to Federico's last night for 99 cent tacos.

I have the runs today. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but....

NightTerror218
07-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Stocking up for winter this weekend. Going dip netting for salmon. Hoping to bring home 20+. I can get up to 50 with the wife. Lots of smoked salmon on the way :D

SR
07-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Stocking up for winter this weekend. Going dip netting for salmon. Hoping to bring home 20+. I can get up to 50 with the wife. Lots of smoked salmon on the way :D

Send some my way. TIA

NightTerror218
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Send some my way. TIA

talk to Nomad also, his ass should be out there too getting some fishies for the freezer.

Chef Zambini
07-12-2012, 10:07 AM
I envy you guys, summer in alaska !

SR
07-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Stuffed bell peppers tonight.

Chef Zambini
07-14-2012, 10:04 PM
dragged out the weber and did some ribs and burgers tonight.

Thnikkaman
07-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Corned beef and cabbage tonight.

SR
07-14-2012, 10:18 PM
I didn't eat dinner tonight but I'm getting hammered with my wife so it's all good

Thnikkaman
07-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Totally read that as

I didn't eat dinner tonight but I'm hammering my wife so it's all good

You are talented. I can't hammer my wife and post on this board at the same time.

Giggity

SR
07-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Totally read that as

You are talented. I can't hammer my wife and post on this board at the same time.

Giggity

Hah! That'll be later. And if it wasn't for spell check on my iPhone my posts would be illegible. I'm watching an Ozzy documentary. We do have some fruit in the fridge and I'm getting the munchies.

Thnikkaman
07-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Double double animal style and fries.

It's been 10 years since I had In-N-Out burger. It was so good.

SR
07-15-2012, 08:16 PM

I hate you.

Thnikkaman
07-15-2012, 10:11 PM

I hate you.

Just don't call me full of myself

SR
07-16-2012, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't dare.

Thnikkaman
07-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Well now the part that you aren't jealous about...time to go to the gym and try to burn off that double-double.

SR
07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Well now the part that you aren't jealous about...time to go to the gym and try to burn off that double-double.

I'm trying to tighten up a bit right now...headed to Phoenix next month and will be getting significant pool time.

NightTerror218
07-16-2012, 12:11 PM
went dip netting.......34 red salmon (sockeyes). OMG that was a lot of cleaning and filleting.

Tonight fresh salmon on a cedar plank on the BBQ with corn on the cobb (in husk on bbq) and baked potatoes. And some pan fried halibut.

SR
07-16-2012, 12:19 PM
went dip netting.......34 red salmon (sockeyes). OMG that was a lot of cleaning and filleting.

Tonight fresh salmon on a cedar plank on the BBQ with corn on the cobb (in husk on bbq) and baked potatoes. And some pan fried halibut.

That sounds so effing good. I bought frozen salmon burgers at Sam's Saturday night :(

NightTerror218
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
That sounds so effing good. I bought frozen salmon burgers at Sam's Saturday night :(

salmon is getting so expensive. Its like 8-10/pound here in stores.

SR
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
salmon is getting so expensive. Its like 8-10/pound here in stores.

Last summer I bought four scaled filets from a grocery store and it came to just over two pounds and cost me over $30. Shit's expensive.

Chef Zambini
07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
fresh fish aint cheap anywhere.
but when you catch it yourself, its worth every expense.

JPPT1974
07-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Fried Chicken, Rice, and some kind of veggie!

SR
07-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Grilled chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. That didn't do the trick so I ate some pineapple and then a Detour bar about 30 min later

Magnificent Seven
07-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Beef and Broccoli with white rice. Cooked with red wine vinegar and soy sauce.

NightTerror218
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
burritos- refried beans (chunky salsa mixed it), cheese, taco sauce

Chef Zambini
07-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Ilike the larger sarah lee wraps, jalepeno and cheddar.
I make a roasted chicken and black bean burrito

NightTerror218
07-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Ilike the larger sarah lee wraps, jalepeno and cheddar.
I make a roasted chicken and black bean burrito

I was too lazy to get anything out besides refried beans.

Chef Zambini
07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
chipotle will always work in a pinch.

SR
07-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I had salmon burgers on whole wheat buns with tomato, red onion, romaine, and a chipotle ranch sauce with baked beans for dinner last night. Came in at just under 600 calories.

chazoe60
07-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. We have four kids in the house instead of the usual two so I have to make a bunch of it. What's a good meatball recipe Zam?

Thnikkaman
07-19-2012, 03:45 PM
I had a chili relleno at this place called La Super-Rica today. Muy Bueno.

nevcraw
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
any kick ass must try restaurants in Bolder? will be there for a few nights coming up.

chazoe60
07-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Okay, so I just decided to wing it with the meatballs. I just guessed and went off of memory from what I've seen over the years. I put some bread(cubed) in the food processor along with some top round( cubed) an egg, and a bunch of different slherbs and spices processed it all til it was what I figured was the right consistency. They came out pretty good. Next time I think I'll put some Italian sausage in there as well.

SR
07-19-2012, 08:23 PM
I usually do a half pound of ground beef and a half pound of Italian sausage and make em about the size of a golf ball. Mix in some red onions, garlic, bread crumbs, an egg. Bake them. Then drop them in the sauce. That's what I do anyway.

Magnificent Seven
07-20-2012, 01:08 AM
I usually do a half pound of ground beef and a half pound of Italian sausage and make em about the size of a golf ball. Mix in some red onions, garlic, bread crumbs, an egg. Bake them. Then drop them in the sauce. That's what I do anyway.

Sounds good.

Magnificent Seven
07-20-2012, 01:10 AM
I had a large bowl of Greek Salad and it was really good. We were at the Rainbow Pizza in San Mateo, CA (Close to San Francisco, CA) It is Italian-Greek Restaurant.

shank
07-20-2012, 01:38 AM
just made bacon in the microwave at work.

SR
07-20-2012, 05:18 AM
I had a large bowl of Greek Salad and it was really good. We were at the Rainbow Pizza in San Mateo, CA (Close to San Francisco, CA) It is Italian-Greek Restaurant.

When I was a kid my great grandma used to take me to this place in the Carlsbad mall in CA called Pat and Oscars. Best Greek salads I've ever had. Really good ribs too.

Chef Zambini
07-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I usually do a half pound of ground beef and a half pound of Italian sausage and make em about the size of a golf ball. Mix in some red onions, garlic, bread crumbs, an egg. Bake them. Then drop them in the sauce. That's what I do anyway.nice!
egg and breadcrumps are binders, they hold your balls together
( smart-ass responses welcome)
the BROWNING in the oven that red performed is essential !
depending on the size of your balls,
( yes, a second opportunity for you all )
I reccomend a hot oven, at least 400 degrees and around 20 minutes for a golf ball size meatball, longer for larger.
sicilians put chopped RAISINS in their meatballs, give this a try with a hint of tarragon along with the nore customary oregano !
I also like the half grounf beef, half italian sausage, BRAVO !

SR
07-20-2012, 10:30 AM
nice!
egg and breadcrumps are binders, they hold your balls together
( smart-ass responses welcome)
the BROWNING in the oven that red performed is essential !
depending on the size of your balls,
( yes, a second opportunity for you all )
I reccomend a hot oven, at least 400 degrees and around 20 minutes for a golf ball size meatball, longer for larger.
sicilians put chopped RAISINS in their meatballs, give this a try with a hint of tarragon along with the nore customary oregano !
I also like the half grounf beef, half italian sausage, BRAVO !

Thanks. I don't remember where I got my recipe from, but it makes some good meatballs. I'll have to try the chopped raisins some time.

Thnikkaman
07-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I like the 1 part Beef, 1 part pork, 1 part lamb combo for meatballs.

shank
07-20-2012, 08:12 PM
I like the 1 part Beef, 1 part pork, 1 part lamb combo for meatballs.

all hail alton.

elsid13
07-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Baked Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil and it was darn good. The recipe is linked

http://themissingingredient.wordpress.com/2008/11/28/baked-prosciutto-wrapped-chicken-stuffed-with-fresh-mozzarella-and-basil/

shank
07-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Baked Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil and it was darn good. The recipe is linked

http://themissingingredient.wordpress.com/2008/11/28/baked-prosciutto-wrapped-chicken-stuffed-with-fresh-mozzarella-and-basil/

i'll have to try that sometime, looks good.

Chef Zambini
07-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. We have four kids in the house instead of the usual two so I have to make a bunch of it. What's a good meatball recipe Zam?sorry I missed thisa post! a mix of bulk sausage and hamburger even cround turkey works well for meatballs.
I always add 1 egg for every 2 pounds of meat as a binder. you can also add seasoned breadcrumbs or crush some flavored croutons as well 1/4 cup for every pound of meat, but i consider this optional! as i mentioned the sicilians add minced raisins, i lie that along with a pinch of tarragon and oregano, I always season with garlic powder and freash grated pepper.
I like the golf ball sized meatballs, hand rolled, placed on a lightly greased baking sheet and into the oven 400 F for 20 minutes.
roll them around every 5 min to got them nicely browned all around.
then simmer them in the sauce after draining while you cook the pasta.
Sorry i did not respond sooner, I just read your request, I am sure the kids loved whatever you made.
fresh grated parmesian essential to any great pasta dish do not buy the shit in the shaker !

SR
07-21-2012, 03:09 PM
I buy the shit in the shaker :(

chazoe60
07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
sorry I missed thisa post! a mix of bulk sausage and hamburger even cround turkey works well for meatballs.
I always add 1 egg for every 2 pounds of meat as a binder. you can also add seasoned breadcrumbs or crush some flavored croutons as well 1/4 cup for every pound of meat, but i consider this optional! as i mentioned the sicilians add minced raisins, i lie that along with a pinch of tarragon and oregano, I always season with garlic powder and freash grated pepper.
I like the golf ball sized meatballs, hand rolled, placed on a lightly greased baking sheet and into the oven 400 F for 20 minutes.
roll them around every 5 min to got them nicely browned all around.
then simmer them in the sauce after draining while you cook the pasta.
Sorry i did not respond sooner, I just read your request, I am sure the kids loved whatever you made.
fresh grated parmesian essential to any great pasta dish do not buy the shit in the shaker !
No problem Chef. They turned out pretty good actually. Next time I am definitely using a mix of sausage and beef though.

SR
07-21-2012, 08:33 PM
I bought some mozzarella and basil chicken sausage at Sams just now and I think I'm going to make some home made pasta sauce in the next week or two. I plan on soaking the chicken sausage in the sauce for a couple hours. Best thing about this sausage is one link is only 140 calories and 16g protein. They're about the size of a johnsonville bratwurst.

Nomad
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Halibut fish and chips...cajun style

Chef Zambini
07-23-2012, 01:47 AM
I bought some mozzarella and basil chicken sausage at Sams just now and I think I'm going to make some home made pasta sauce in the next week or two. I plan on soaking the chicken sausage in the sauce for a couple hours. Best thing about this sausage is one link is only 140 calories and 16g protein. They're about the size of a johnsonville bratwurst.pierce the sausage with a fork a few times evenly around the entire sausage. brown it in a pan whole, then slice it on the bias after it has cooled. NOW it is ready to steep in the sauce.
forgive me for offering unsolicited advice, enjoy your sausage.

SR
07-23-2012, 05:20 AM
pierce the sausage with a fork a few times evenly around the entire sausage. brown it in a pan whole, then slice it on the bias after it has cooled. NOW it is ready to steep in the sauce.
forgive me for offering unsolicited advice, enjoy your sausage.

Its pre cooked and I was going to stab em with a fork to help flavor, but I'm not going to cut them up. I'll toss them in whole. Easier for me to maintain a good calorie count :)

NightTerror218
07-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Halibut fish and chips...cajun style

how do you make yours cajun style?