PDA

View Full Version : Rick Reilly: Tim Tebow not ready for prime time

Tned
08-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Article from ESPN's Rick Reilly about Tebow:

The irony is not lost on the city of Denver that John Elway is judging a QB controversy between Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. This is like Heidi Klum judging a bikini contest at a fat farm.

Doesn't matter anyway. It's over. Orton won by the kind of margin Kim Jong Il wins elections. If it had been a pee wee basketball game, they'd have turned the scoreboard off.

"He's a great young man who is really working hard," says team president Elway, whose team will visit the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night. "But he didn't get an offseason to work on [playing from the pocket]. He didn't get much of that in college. And it's a completely different thing than the shotgun. Plus, he's only had the one season. But he's an amazing football player. I'd never give up on Tim Tebow."

"One of the unique things about Tim is that he has that unique ability to make something happen when the play breaks down," Elway says. "That gives him a great advantage there … but you have to win games from the pocket in this league. You can't rely on your improvising. That's one thing I learned. I was always going to make those plays outside the pocket, but that can't be your bread and butter."

Read full article on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6846531/tim-tebow-not-ready-prime-time

claymore
08-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Word.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Reilly is wrong...

Tebow might not be ready to be a prototypical pocket passer, but that doesn't mean he can't be successful, or even more successful than Kyle Orton right now.

The Tennessee Titans won a lot of football games with VY playing ball control football. Vince would go through 2 or 3 reads and take off and run if those reads weren't there. I personally think it's ridiculous to think Tebow couldn't do anything VY was doing right now, but only better.

Ravage!!!
08-10-2011, 12:25 PM
VY is a terrible QB.

Northman
08-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I dont care if he's not ready for primetime. He can win just as many games as Orton at this point and would much rather make sure that Tim isnt the guy before next year.

weazel
08-10-2011, 12:37 PM
With so many threads about Tim Tebow on here, I started ignoring those two words in the thread titles and thought this was a thread about Deion Sanders... my bad